Aromatherapists?

As the title introduces, this thread is a slight discussion for which Pokemon make the best use of Aromatherapy. Almost every team needs Aromatherapy, and the most common Pokemon that this move is on, would be Blissey. Other then Blissey, what Pokemon make good use of Aromatherapy? Discuss.

Meganium's bulky enough to take advantage of Aromatherapy...other than her and Shaymin, I can't think of anything else...

vileplume makes a good armoatherapist, being quite sturdy.

other aromatherapists i can think of include jumpluff and roserade, but neither of those is great imo.

miltank can also use heal bell, as can celebi i think, and they are much better options then the aforementioned grass types.

I used Heal Bell Celebi on my old ADV Sandstorm team. It worked pretty well, though the only reason I used it over Bliss was because I was running WishBliss at the time.

Celebi @ Leftovers ** Hug That Tree
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 56 Spd / 36 SAtk / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

I forget exactly why it was EV'd that way, but I know I did it for a reason... it was a pretty old team.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Heal Bell and Aromatherapy are essentially the same move, but Aromatherapy is slightly superior because it affects Soundproof Pokemon who are unable to hear the Heal Bell. They're both great moves and with the constant spamming of sleep moves in this gen, they're both quite useful to have around.

Articuno's 90/100/120 defences and instant recovery means he is excellent at using Heal Bell provided you can keep the Stealth Rocks away, which is sometimes just too much hassle.

Oh and Granbull learns it too...he doesn't have much going for him, but heck, Granbull is cool.

I think Roserade isn't used that much because of its terrible HP/DEF, makes it hard to switch in. Also Parasect can use Aromatherapy.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Dragonite can be a real effective heal beller (gets it from XD) when paired with roost (which turns his 4x ice weakness to 2x).

dragonite makes a great heal beller with its great defenses. i had one and traded it with out cloning it like a true idiot.

For some reason, I read the title as Aroma-the-rapists.

Anyway, I like Meganium. I also use Vileplume for UU battles. About Blissey, I tried it before, but I feel that she can do more than heal her teammates.

lol aromatherapists are far, far from necessary. Sure, they help you out, but I never found it to be worth the move slot and I have decent success with my team.

But when I do use one, I use Jumpluff, mostly because he's one of my favorites. Although she is rather useless. =( Celebi uses it best IMO though.

^^^^^Jumpluff can do so many other things i dont see the point of aromatherapy on it.

i find that i have enough problems deciding moveslot4 between the options of encore, u-turn, reflect, sunny day, aerial ace (for grass types, less useful since RSE :( ) and other interesting things.

blissey will always be the best beller, but i tend to use miltank more.

I thought about raising up a Meganium, though, it has been taking me forever to breed a good one. That'll probably be the next thing I breed. =/

Also, I'd use Articuno with Heal Bell, but finding one is nearly impossible. If anyone can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

The only good ones IMO are Miltank, Celebi, Shaymin, Dragonite, and Blissey. Since a cleric needs to switch in often to heal the team, articuno's quad rock weakness means taking 50% from SR which kills it as a cleric. Ampharos also learns Heal Bell from XD.

I thought about raising up a Meganium, though, it has been taking me forever to breed a good one. That'll probably be the next thing I breed. =/

Also, I'd use Articuno with Heal Bell, but finding one is nearly impossible. If anyone can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.
I ahev a bold one. But im not sure of its ivs.

All Aromatherapists/Heal Bellers List:

Aromatherapy:

Blissey
Cherrim
Meganium
Jumpluff
Shaymin
Roserade
Parasect
Vileplume
Smeargle

Heal Bell:

Lickilicky
Celebi
Miltank
Delcatty
Chimecho
Blissey
Granbull
Lapras
Articuno
Dragonite
Ampharos
Mightyena
Altaria
Smeargle

Out of all these, you only have a few options really. Bolded the most viable.

Oh, and everyone forgot Lickilicky! He's sturdy and has access to Wish.

^^^^^Jumpluff can do so many other things i dont see the point of aromatherapy on it.

i find that i have enough problems deciding moveslot4 between the options of encore, u-turn, reflect, sunny day, aerial ace (for grass types, less useful since RSE :( ) and other interesting things.

blissey will always be the best beller, but i tend to use miltank more.
A LOT of pokemon learn those two moves, so this argument is invalid. Without those, you're even left with an extra move to do "other interesting things". If that was all I wanted for Jumpluff's slot, I would use something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)