Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
We are ready to begin Round Twenty Six of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last for the next 2 weeks ending on May 3rd, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Twenty Six Matchups:

Max - yungunr2
Gouki - Ike and Tina
Blue Kirby - Servant
Spaniard - Gandalf the blue
Havak - phalanx
KinglerDude24 - dragonites
Bologo - Vandom
CaptCombee - unceunce
Slice n Dice - Simonsez
Judgement - Mellowship Slinky
[kd8]otome - Caelum
IggyBot - kr3wbro428
maddog - Snuffy
Calciphoce - Grimvoir
Yagami Light - puggy
Taylor - Sikh Assassin
StrangerDanger - OH NO
husk - Shellder
Xaio - Helios
JabbaTheGriffin - Mabw
Jackal - Frosty
Gormenghast - Zakkusu
the Lexx - JRT
AJC - Rhykune
jrrrrrrr - Da Letter El
Great Sage - Colonel M
Maniaclyrasist - Taxie
MS - Star Dust
marrilpet - Frazzel, Blistex
Tsurukawa - cape
Brawlex - Ragnarok
Blu - Matzrim Taim

Available Tutors:

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick: LightningBolt
Time zone: EST -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-11
Experience level*:

I'm decent you could say. Hopefully this will be my last round. Requesting Aeroblacktyl or Gouki.

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy Battle nick: Servant, Servant-Testing
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I usually go on at 2/3-10 pm sometimes earlier.
Experience level: On a scale of one to 10: 3 Thanks to the awesome tutoring by both MS and Gouki I believe I've improved in a major way. Sadly we still weren't able to get into team building or even prediction lessons. So it's safe to say I still fail at those fields.
A little about myself: Nice to meet you my name's Lee I'm an incoming college student. As I mentioned earlier I'm a newbie to the competitive scene however I believe I'm a pretty fast learner. If it's not too much to ask could I have either Blue Kirby/MS as my tutor this round (I've already asked Blue Kirby personally and he's okay with it). I kinda know them already and we live in the exact same timezone(iirc). Thank you very much and have a nice day ^_^.

Assigned to Spaniard

Need to learn advanced team building :P

Shoddy Nicks: Usually Gandalf der blaue or Gandalf_testing, but anything with gandalf in the name could be me
Time Zone: +1
Regular online hours: In my time between 14 and 22 o clock, on the weekend i am longer online though.
Experience level: Well i can battle and predict well enough I even got to 1619 once on the ladder, I just fail in team building
A little bit about myself: I visit the 10th class of the "college" atm, live in germany, and play Handball+Canoe Polo in my freetime.

Edit: I request IPL, Husk or Aldaron if thats possible xD

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: phalanx phalanx2 (BL)
Time zone:
GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-9am 2-7pm
Experience level*:
in by view not too bad depending on the phases, i prefer baton pass and need a little direction to reach 1300+ (got a BL team to 1215) UBERS i am terrible in and need guidance.
A little about myself: dont really do much atm..

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Assigned to KinglerDude24

Shoddy Battle nick: dragonites
Time zone:
EST +0
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-10 weekdays, all day weekends
Experience level*: I've been playing on Shoddy since December and seem to be decent enough. At this point I think I just need help in team building skills and team synergy.
A little about myself: I listen to Rock music and am on my high school's basketball team.

Additionally I'd like to request either KinglerDude24 if at all possible.

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: Vand0m6
Time zone:
EST-5
6:00 PM- 8:00 PM Weekdays 12:00 AM-6:00 PM Weekends
Experience level*: I guess I'm a novice. I can predict OK and my team building isn't all that great...
A little about myself: Well I"m a 16 yr old hs student. I've been playing pokemon since I first got Blue for my old gameboy and I've just recently got into the competitive scene since D/P.

Oh and I've been on Smogon since D/P first came out, but I forgot the pw for my older account.

Assigned to CaptCombee

Shoddy Battle nick: unceunce
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-10 everyday but Friday and Monday
Experience level*: I have a pretty decent record on shoddy, but my teams always have problems against really good oponents.
A little about myself: Honor Roll student, play basketball and run track for the school team. I've been playing since I got Red for my birthday one year.

Assigned to Slice n Dice

Shoddy Battle nick: Simonsez
Time zone:
GMT -8/pacific
8PM-2AM on weekdays. all day sundays. 9PM-6AM on saturdays. (assuming 8PM eastern is 4PM pacific)
Experience level*:
I've played pokemon but once I started playing here I have gone without a win. So i can you can put me in the category of 'Big-Newb'. I guess I would need help in every area, so if someone wants to take on a complete newb I guess that would be me.
A little about myself:
Just a regular kid in high school getting ready to goto college. Recently me and some of my friends have started a study group for our AP exams (hence my weird times).

Assigned to Judgement

Shoddy Battle nick: Mellowship Slinky
Time zone:
Eastern
Regular Online Hours:
8:00 PM to 2:00 AM during the week, later on Friday nights. On weekends whenever Saturday afternoons, and unless I specify that I won’t be able to be online Saturday nights, I’ll be available. Same goes for Sundays.

Experience level: Hovering around average.I’ve played Pokemon since 1st generation, so I can recognize just about all Pokemon/moves/abilities. Been playing on Shoddy Battle lately, but I have a tough time with most standard OU teams. I realize everybody says they need to work on team building skills, and I am no different, but I’d also like to learn some of the essentials of good battling, like what patterns to look for in an opponent’s team, which Pokemon are commonly made to work together, etc…

A little about myself: I have a dry, sarcastic, sometimes caustic sense of humor. I take advantage of those who do not get my jokes and will drag something ridiculous out to great proportions before they realize I’m totally bullshitting them. ; ) I smoke pot. I also enjoy a good laugh, so I’d prefer to be paired with a tutor who is known for being out there or saying ridiculous things. A last thing that should be known is that I only have one arm, so obviously I have no trouble with point and click, but forgive me if my response time for typed messages is slow.

Note: I’m familiar with and have used Teamspeak, Ventrilo, and Skype, so if there are any tutors that use these frequently (in case anyone is an online gamer like myself) I’d be able to use one of the programs to communicate if it is more beneficial in any way.

Shoddy Battle Nick: Blistex
Time Zone:Pacific (GMT -8:00)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only): 4:00pm - Whenever, Weekends 1:00pm – Whenever
Experience Level: I would say I’m at a moderate skill level. On occasion I make really stupid moves. Prediction needs work and I would like to design a team in correspondence with the threat list.
A little about myself: Its getting harder and harder to play on WIFI because no one else will. I play on Shoddy to test teams I use on WIFI. Although more and more its just Shoddy. I need to work on my prediction skills a lot. So I'm guessing a load of battling would fix that.

*If possible I'd like Aeroblackytl. Every time I see one of his posts they always seem like good advice.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to [kd8]otome

Shoddy Battle nick:Caelum
Time zone: Eastern Standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm, someone in there usually.
Experience level*: I've been playing for a little bit, I've really only been playing competitively for about 1 month so I don't know a lot, none the less, I think I'm pretty good when compared to my experience level.
A little about myself: Going off to college soon, just trying to finish up the last stretch of high school. Not to exciting really.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to IggyBot

Shoddy Battle nick: Spanky
Time zone:Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6pm - 1 am
Experience level: I'd say I'm a decent battler, I get my share of wins and losses. With the help of a tutor, I think I'd be able to reach the next level. I've gotten into the leaderboard before, I was at 72 for a little while, before going on a losing streak and getting knocked out.

A little about myself: I'm 14, like to battle on shoddy, and have fun doing it. I play sports and enjoy hanging out with friends.

IGGYBOT TOLD ME TO REQUEST TO BE HIS APPRENTICE.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle nick: Snuffy
Time zone: Mountain Standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8-9
Experience level*:
1490 right now; wanna break Top 75, Top 50
A little about myself:
I'm a college student at the University of Colorado. Started competitive a month ago. Looking for some help with team building.

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: Grimvoir
AIM/Yahoo: Fantastar 07, Lord_Shadelon
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Pretty much anytime
Experience level*: Novice
A little about myself: I learned alot the last round. But I feel I still have much to learn. If possible I would like to request Calciphoce for this round. He and I worked really well together. Aeolus, you made the right choice pairing me with him. Something Calciphoce noticed last round about me, I love using Legends whenever possible, since they are my favorite pokemon, but I also still know somewhat what to look for in team building and in battling, although I feel I can still use some work.

Assigned to Yagami Light

Shoddy Battle nick: Puggy
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4: 10 - 5:30 on weekdays, no real set times on weekends.
Experience level*: I've been playing shoddy for a few months now. I find I can build a solid team now thanks to Aldaron's help. However, I feel my actual battling skills aren't as solid (mainly with prediction and I tend to make some strange moves during the battle). I'm ranked in the 1400s in shoddy battle if that gives an indictation on how good I am.
A little about myself: I am a high school student that enjoys reading and playing video games ect.

If it's possible, may I request Yagami Light as my tutor? I personally know him on shoddy and I think he would do a great job. If he's all right with this, of course.

Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Nick: Ares Chaos
GMT: EST (- 5:00)
Online Hours: 5 to 10 PM on Weekdays, 12 AM to 11 PM on Weekends
Experience Level: High Middle-class
A Little About Myself: I began playing competitively around February. I live in NJ, and I am a trader on the WiFi sub-forum. Currently I have a rating of 1210, still trying to reach around 1400 to 1500. I really want to learn battle strategies, and prediction. I also want to make my team stronger, what I’m sure my Tutor will help me with

I would like to request Taylor as my Tutor, we didn't have a lot of time together last round, he has agreed to this by the way.

Assigned to StrangerDanger

Shoddy Battle nick: Oh No
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours :12pm-to whenever lol i can be on at any time lol
Experience level*: i think im a decent player but i would really like to learn more about prediction and the damage calculations all the good players seem to know how to do lol
A little about myself: Im free at all times saying i dont go to school very much. Im in a good mood most the time and can get along with almost anyone.

Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle nick: Cloyster
Time zone:
PST
7:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST
Experience level*:A little about myself:
I win more than I lose, but I really stink at teambuilding. It's almost like I depend on chance for my team building, but I keep practicing, building a new team about every three days, and testing it. I almost completely rely on the element of surprise, meaning that rematches are much, much more difficult for me.I haven't really played Pokemon until D/P. I started off with a Mono-Ice team, which surprisingly won a lot of battles for me, but that was Wi-Fi. It worked in the beginning of Shoddy, but now that most teams on Shoddy are completely original, I've been having trouble with winning with it. I've also built a new Sandstorm team, which I like at the moment.

This is copy and pasted from the previous tutoring thing. :P I don't think I really learned enough, so I'm going to sign up again.

Assigned to Xaio

Shoddy Battle nick: HeadHonchkrow
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:30pm-6:30am EST (Whenever I can get on during that time period).
Experience level: Not great; I don't make good teams, nor do I predict/battle well
A little about myself: I tend to make stupid errors, since I rush through things. Free for most of the time since it's school holidays.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

shoddy battle nick: MABW

time zone: pst
regular online hours: 3:00-5:00
expirience level: low
a little about myself: i absolutely hate OU and tend to focus on bl

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: Frosty
Time zone: GMT -3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Time Zones confuse the hell out of me, but I think it is (presuming that EST= GMT -5):
Monday&Wednesday: 9:00 AM-1:00 PM; 8:00-9:00 PM
Tuesday&Thursday: 9:00 AM-1:00 PM; 6:00-8:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM-8:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00AM-12:00AM; 6:30-8:30PM
Sunday: All day.
Experience level*: I am not all that bad, IMO. I played a couple mini tourneys here and there on the CAP server and it didn't went out all that bad. But as far as real competitive battling is concerned, I am not as good as I'd want to. My worse problems are related to mechanics (natures, damage calculation...) and ways to counter some pokemons, mainly because I only started playing competitively about 8 months ago, and I still don't get a lot of stuff.
A little about myself: I was on the previous round with Jackal and it was a great experience. He was a great tutor and I learned a lot about team making. But, since the previous two weeks were quite hectic for both of us, we couldn't meet that often and only the team making aspect was really explored, so I'd prefer if we focus more on predicting and real battle tactics this time, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Assigned to Gormenghast

Shoddy Battle Nick: Zakkusu
Time Zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only!): 12pm-6pm weekdays (can go later if needed), anytime really on weekends.
Experience Level: My rating tends to hover in the high 1200s, and although it sometimes gets into the 1300's, I can never keep it there so I'd like to "move up a level" in that respect . Usually when I build teams I end up with a really common weakness, and not as much synergy as I would like.
A little about myself: Well I'm 16 and I'm from the UK. I've been playing pokemon since R/B/Y, and only started competitively just after D/P came out. A friend introduced me to Shoddy and I kind of taught myself from there. I can take criticism, and I'm not entirely sure what to expect from the tutor program, but I hope I end up improving a lot.

Assigned to the Lexx

Shoddy Battle nick: Justin T
Time zone: Eastern (GMT -4)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2:00pm-1:00am Mon, Wed, Fri. 1:00pm-1:00am Tues. 12:00pm-1:00am Thurs. Pretty much available all weekend.
Experience level*: Terrible Novice. I have almost hundreds of ev trained pokemon, but don't know how to use them. I don't totally go after random stuff, because I do look at the DP analysist. I am new to competitive battling and would love to learn how. I would also love to learn how to make good teams so that soon I can make good decisions on my own. Never used Shoddy Battle before so I'll be new to that. I have, however used Netbattle (when it was in its prime lol). There will be no arguing and I will do whatever I am told by my instructors.I can also give you a list of all the competitive pokemon I have (which are actually organized) and maybe you (my tutor) can help me make a well balanced team that we can work with.
A little about myself: I'm an really nice guy who is also a well learning college student. I love pokemon, and aside from the TCG, I want to be serious about competitive battling. Like I added above, I will listen to everything my tutors tell me and there will be no problems. I hope to get a long with a wonderful tutor.

Assigned to AJC

Shoddy Battle nick: Jahoooom
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): That's 3 hours ahead right? Fairly limited, on weekends on and off all day, on weekends 9:00 - like 12:00 at most.
Experience level*: About in the top 3/4 probably.
A little about myself: I play very on and off. One battle I may lose to a 1100 ranked person and then the next I will beat someone in the top 100. I tend to over-predict a lot, and it costs me. I would consider myself good at analyzing my teams but I do rush. I have been tutored by IggyBot and [kd8]otame, so I would like to try someone different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)