Apprentice Program: Round Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Sixteen of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on March 25th. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Available tutors:

Acura, Aeolus, Aeroblacktyl, Anomalous, Giga Punch, gotei(13) hyorinmaru, GreenPikachu, Groudon80, Floppy, Holyknight, husk, Jackal, Judgement, Jumpman16, Kongler, latinoheat, Lexay, Mekkah, Mystica, Nate, Roy, Sir Chris, skarm, Steelicks, Warthog, Who Knows, Yosuke, zerowing, zfs

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick: Wasp, sometimes with a tag like (Test)
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Usually somewhere from 3pm to 7pm on the weekdays, and sometimes later. Flexible times on the weekend.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm an okay battler, so I win some and I lose some. I'd like to be better at team building.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE OU

Assigned to gotei(13) hyorinmaru

Netbattle nick: Legend
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Sometimes later than 7:00 PM.
Experience level*: I have some experience battling, but I don't have any formal training.
A little about myself: I'm a student, so learning is natural for me, and I will try my best to accept every single piece of advice I get :)
Generation(s) I want to learn: OU

Assigned to Groudon80

Netbattle nick: Raikou77
Time zone: GMT-5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):Mostly weekends at night, sometimes weekdays
Experience level*:A little about myself:I'm not sure if I need this but I might as well. JAA 12 & Under National Champion
Generation(s) I want to learn: 3rd OU

Assigned to GreenPikachu

Netbattle nick: cole
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Alot >_> Usually about 2-6 on weekends, and 6-8 on weekdays
Experience level*: I used to play netbattle alot, but that was a while ago. I signed up for a tutor, but then went on vacation, followed by my brother deleting everything on my PC, but this time, that won't happen. So basically, very low.
A little about myself: Just a normal high school nerd
Generation(s) I want to learn: Pretty much anything, but mono-type sounds cool.

Assigned to Floppy

Netbattle nick:Unknwon_Misfit
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3:00-5:00pm
Experience level*:beginner-novice
A little about myself: I know the basics of the game, I just don't know all of the terminology well.
Generation(s) I want to learn: 3rd generation, team building, terminology.

Assigned to Holyknight

Netbattle nick: Sneaky_Sneasel
Time zone: EDT (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7 PM to 9:30 PM on weekdays, 3 PM to 10 PM on weekends.
Experience level*: Just started playing again for about a week after a 10 month hiatus, so I'm a little rusty.
A little about myself: Now that I finally have some time on the computer, I can play this game again. I want to become a better competitve player and maybe even win a tournament match for once.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY/GSC OU

Assigned to husk

Netbattle Nick: RedChuunin
Time Zone: EST GMT-5:00(NY City)
Online Hours: Evenings from 8:00~10:00
Experience Level: Very good at battling, not so well with team building at all lol.
About Me: I like to play Sports, watching Animes, going to parties.
Gen I want to learn: RSE OU

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick:pathophobe
Time zone:Central
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):Weekends 6:30 to 8 AM Weekdays 7-8AM Possibly evenings from 8-9PM
Experience level*:A little about myself: Good in-game, not so good competitive
Generation(s) I want to learn:RSE OU and RSE 200

Assigned to Judgement

Netbattle nick: Edge
Time zone: - 5 GMT (EST)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 10-12 during the week and varies on the weekend
Experience level*: I'm ok at advance, but i need work. I have never tried RBY.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU, RBY

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle nick: GSC Elite
Time zone: Asian Pacific Time, Singapore
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7.30am-9am in mornings, 8pm-10pm at nights. Will try to coincide with my tutor's time.
Experience level*: Intermediate player, with enough skills to hold against the average player.
A little about myself: A keen learner who strives to improve himself.
GeneratioAn(s) I want to learn: GSC OU/Standard, placing emphasis on team building, team and strategy cohesion, and steering my battling style towards a more offensive side. To sum it all, more advanced skills.

PS: Please assign me a tutor who is willing to coach me assiduously. Thanks.

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: OMG ITz Hirschberger
Time zone: Pacific Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekends. thats it.
Experience level*: Sucks.
A little about myself: I suck at netbattle.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv. OU, Team building, etc. stuff like that.

Assigned to zerowing

Netbattle nick: toy
Regular Online Hours Alot
Experience level*: good
A little about myself: artisticish
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS Ubers,

I need someone whos on alot and wont just talk once or twice

Assigned to Sir Chris

Netbattle nick: PR3DAT
Time zone: gmt +1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 13:00 - 15:00
Experience level*:A little about myself: Good at adv ou but I suck at the old metagames. .__.'
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY OU/GSC OU

Assigned to Who Knows

Netbattle nick: Benzine
Time zone: NZST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Around 10 PM to 3:30 AM.
Experience level*: I don't really like to judge myself, but I am gonna say... average?
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU, UU (Full advanced or whatever)

Like others have asked, I need someone who is actually willing to teach well, cause I wanna learn.

Assigned to Mystica

Netbattle nick: Draz

Time zone: GMT +8, Singapore

Regular Online Hours : 7.30pm to 10pm during weekdays. Pretty much free during weekends

Experience level: Not much ( Pretty new to this )

A little about myself: Still a student, still learning.

Generation(s) I want to learn: Pretty much everything from scratch although I know a little bit of terminology and have some concept. Just can't put it together

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick: Amelia

Time zone: GMT +8, Malaysia

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3-7 AM, weekdays (IN EDT)

Experience level*: Quite good, just need a few slaps to make a proper team instead of gimmicks.

A little about myself: I just love gimmick teams, and can't make a proper team that can cover all my weaknesses... (Gimmick tourneys are the tourneys i do well in)

Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to latinoheat

Netbattle nick: jrrrr

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Any time really, except for the early afternoon. I can cater to the tutor's schedule if need be.

Experience level*: About a year or so on NB, played the games...but I lack experience with the earlier generations.

A little about myself: I can make a really loud cracking sound with my left shoulder.

Generation(s) I want to learn: gsc and rby

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: Rats, season
Regular Online Hours: Rather sporatically from 1pm to 5pm, more realiably from 5:30 to 11:30 pm
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've played for a bit but can't for the life of me seem to build good teams
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU with a focus on team building, maybe some GSC

I sign up before, in december or something I think but I think that one was cancelled because people were busy with exams.

Edit: Ae Sakura sounds a lot like me. I also have a horrible habit of loving and only making gimmick teams

Experience level*: Quite good, just need a few slaps to make a proper team instead of gimmicks.

A little about myself: I just love gimmick teams, and can't make a proper team that can cover all my weaknesses... (Gimmick tourneys are the tourneys i do well in)

Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU.

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: supaa-saru
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 1:30PM - 7:00 PM
Experience level*: ok player, wants to learn how to make good movesets, and has major problems with prediction
A little about myself: no offence, but can I not have Nate as my tutor again? I didn't see him once the last time I signed up.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV

Assigned to Nate

Netbattle nick: Mr.Fail

Time zone: GMT -7

Regular Online Hours : 4:20pm to 10:00 pm during weekdays. Free often on weekends

Experience level: Some experience but not very good

A little about myself: I'm new to competitive Pokemon and I want to learn some strategy for my big battle against my pro friend.

Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE+FRLG

I can also be contacted on AIM.

I would really appreciate help!

Assigned to Lexay

Netbattle nick: Apollo IV
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8-9 pm
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm decent.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: Jeeves
Regular Online Hours (in EDT/EST): Mostly every night from midnight to 5:30 AM EST. Mondays and Tuesdays I'll take a little longer to get online.
Experience level: Low. I've read some of the articles on the site but I lack actual experience and often still have problems remembering what types are weak or resistant to what.
A little about myself: I'm going to require some patience, as I tend to take my time with everything. I want to get better so that I can be competitive on WiFi, and because of that I'd like to kind of stay away from using things I really won't be able to make use of in the game, such as Celebi and Hidden Power moves. If possible I'd like to see my tutor almost, if not every day of the week.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU/BL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)