Apprentice Program: Round Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Seven of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ( 07/23-08/13 )! I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Seven Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. Jumpman16 / Michael Jackson
2. cholena / Ben Kenobi
3. husk1442 / Brood_Star & MeleeMaster-Shiny Pokemon
4. Aeroblacktyl / Saimarr
5. Cerberus / akayfortyseven
6. Black Leather Jacket / Meteor Blue
7. ToP / royalcrown
8. Warthog / Quaza-A
9. Obi / Slobroking
10. Jackal / Pocket
11. Acura / Pwner 172
12. Yosuke / zerowing1991
13. zfs / SpaceFlare
14. Mekkah / Mr. Shiny
15. Justin8649 / Mammoth
16. Bugsy23 / FiveKRunner
17. Veteran in Love / Kampfer
18. Aeolus / darkdragon81
19. Roy / Shadow Angle
20. Giga Punch / Cye Kinomiya
21. Steelicks / Casper
22. Anomalous / Crab Nebula
23. pokemaniac15 / Undertaker
24. Council / Viral
25. skarm / TheMusicMan
26. Nate / Sasuke_Uchiha
27. latinoheat / jani
28. Pokemon Professor / osufan1212
29. Kongler / cook
30. cloud / Bioarchon
31. Sir Chris / Alamaster
32. Cloggerdude / Genery

Available Tutors: None

Matched Tutors: Jumpman16 ; cholena ; husk1442 ; Aeroblacktyl ; Cerberus ; Black Leather Jacket ; ToP ; Warthog ; Obi ; Jackal ; Acura ; Yosuke ; zfs ; Mekkah ; Justin8649 ; Bugsy23 ; Veteran in Love ; Aeolus ; Giga Punch ; Steelicks ; Roy ; pokemaniac15 ; Anomalous ; Council ; skarm ; Nate ; Pokemon Professor ; latinoheat ; Kongler ; cloud ; Cloggerdude

Available Apprentices:

Matched Apprentices: Michael Jackson ; Brood_Star ; Ben Kenobi ; Saimarr ; akayfortyseven ; Meteor Blue ; royalcrown ; Quaza-A ; Slowbroking ; Pocket ; Pwner 172 ; zerowing1991 ; SpaceFlare ; Mr. Shiny ; Mammoth ; FiveKRunner ; Kampfer ; darkdragon81 ; Shadow Angle ; Cye Kinomiya ; Casper ; Crab Nebula ; Undertaker ; Viral ; TheMusicMan ; Sasuke_Uchiha ; jani ; osufan1212 ; cook ; Bioarchon ; Alamaster ; Genery ; MeleeMaster-Shiny Pokemon

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick:
Kirby...
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):10:00am - 12:00PM(Sometimes later) mondays - Saturdays.
Experience level*:Intermediate
A little about myself:I am a calm minded person. Easy to get along with. I donno about the rest.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Full Advance,Prediction, GSC, amd team building.

Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Ben Kenobi
Time zone: GMT

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Varies but around 12-9 P.M.
Experience level*: Newbie to NetBattle. Played the handhelds quite throughly.
A little about myself: Lazy student waiting for the Summer to end.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Full Advance (OU, UU and Uber)

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick:
Anix yo
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Pretty much totally free now. Weekdays 9AM-12AM (Midnight, not Noon). Weekends pretty much same thing except for Sunday 6-8~ish is bookedExperience level*: I've played matches on NetBattle. Pretty much it.
A little about myself: I suck. New at this, played the games. Usually playing other games IE War3, CSS, SC, GW, whatever else is on my shelf. Admin a couple leagues for War3... pretty known in that scene (Nick: Brood_Star)
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV, ADV UU. Anything else too, like 2v2, NU, RBY, RBYUU, GSC, GSCUU, Ubers....

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick:
Saimarr87, most probably.
Time zone: At the moment and up till September, GMT+4. From September, it'll be EST.
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): That's the biggest problem; I'm not sure I can keep a solid level of consistency. A short while between 2PM - 6AM for the next month or so. I realize that this is too broad but I can't be any more specific. Apologies.
Experience level: I have ridiculously low experience in competitive play; I only obtained NetBattle very recently and, in addition to that, the last time I played the Pokemon games semi-seriously was at the beginning of the GS era.
A little about myself: Although I've been playing games all my life my biggest passions are music and football(soccer).
Generation(s) I want to learn: I'd like to learn GSC OU, RSE OU and UU, as well asTeam Building and Prediction if possible.

Assigned to Cerberus

Netbattle Nick: Akayfortyseven
Time Zone: GMT (Uk)
Regular Online Times: On a lot during the day and night (usually till past 11), but im very flexible, whatever suits you.
Experience Level: Pretty experienced with in-game advanced gen (battle frontier etc), Have played all gens, but am a releative newcomer to netbattle etc, and am recently getting back into the classics.
About Myself: I have played all pokemon gens to now, I visit many forums under the same name (akayfortyseven), have got a loooonngg time before college starts, so i think now would be ideal. Im a quick learner, i just need the basics and some practice.
Generations: R/B/Y mainly (tradebacks to), but would apprieciate some G/S/C as well if at all possible.

Assigned to Black Leather Jacket

Netbattle nick
: Meteor Blue
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (In EST): 4 or 4:30 PM to 6 PM. Yeah, school.
Experience level: Played the handhelds quite a bit. Slightly new to NB, as I started playing a few days ago. My teammaking skills need to improve.
A little about myself: I like Anime and Manga, Beyblade. Also, I'm good at making strategies (especially ones that are so weird, but work).
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced 2v2/Doubles OU and UU. I don't like Ubers. If possible, maybe teammaking skills as well? ^^;

Assigned to Obi

Netbattle nick: Slobroking
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): EDT is GMT -4 right? If so, i can be on from 6 AM to 6 PM
Experience level*:Uhh, i'm decent at advanced OU and GSC.
A little about myself: I'm on a lot because i'm bored, i'm not going on vacation :(.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced Uber

Taken by ToP

Netbattle nick:
royalcrown
Time zone: Central, GMT-6
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Usually afternoon, 5:30-7:30
Experience level*: Not much, unless you count the game as experience :p
A little about myself: I jumped when I heard about netbattle (admittedly late from Wikipedia) and signed up. Went to the smogon battle server, got the crap beaten out of me. I revised my team, from what I use in-game to something a tad bit more competitive, it took a little longer to get the crap beaten out of me. >_> I'm trying to learn though.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Just Advanced OU, the basic general start-up stuff. Thanks, peace.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: Pocket; Alastair; Lugh
Time zone: GMT -4
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): by circa 10 -11 PM, maybe 9 if I'm lazy =p
Experience level*: Has been on NB since 2001; play mostly 386
A little about myself: Now that it's summer, I'll be able to be on NB more frequently
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY, GSC, or SF. I think I need help on my already made team (especially RBY) and familiarizing myself further to the Pokemon and these metagame.

Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick: Pwner 172
Time Zone: Eastern Time in Canada
Regular online hours: Usually between 1-9 P.M I'm also on in the mornings, from APX: 7:30 - 9am
Experince Level*: I'm brand new to the netbattle system, i just signed on a few weeks ago, so i'm a noob looking to get better. I've been beaten badly on netbattle, so i need toutoring.
A Little bit about myself: Well, i love sports, i like to read, and i enjoy learning. i've been playing pokemon for a long time on my gba, but only very recently on netbattle.
Generation(s) I want to learn: I'd like to learn Full Advance OU and Uber. I'd like to also learn some predicting skills, since i'm lacking at that.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Taken by Warthog

NetBattle Nick: Quaza-A
Time Zone: GMT -5
Regular online hours: Based on the time at my place, ~4:15 P.M - ~5:30 P.M, unless something goes wrong with the Internet connection, daily. On Saturdays I usually play at ~7:00 A.M.
EDIT: On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm only available between 6:00 PM to ~ 7:00 P.M
Experience level: Played for a year. I never played UU however
A Little about myself: a.k.a AirLock200 in Serebiiforums.
Generations I want to learn: Advance (386) ubers/UU

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: A variation on zerowing

Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5pm-5am
Experience level*: good, but I get too attached to my Jaskwak, need variation in my strategy
A little about myself: Played since 1998, Started making movesets since 2001, Nb since 2004, and I love to abuse Jaskwak and Smeargle (Spore/Endure/Endeavor/SToss variety)
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv OU and UU, Adv Uber and GSC OU if time, RBY (not high on my list though)

Assigned to zfs

etbattle nick:
SpaceFlare
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Friday 5 AM - 7 AM, 8 PM - 11 PM, Saturday, 2 AM - 5 AM
Experience level*: I would say decent at RS OU. I can play RBY pretty well imo. Still getting the hang of GSC.
A little about myself: Well, I'll have my college entrance tests in 2 weeks so I don't know if I will be around too much. I will try to get on though.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS UU, I used to be okay at it but I don't know why I suck at it atm, other than that RS Uber, GSC UU, and possibly RS 200.

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: shinys soldiers
Time zone: GMT + 1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Late night GMT...so prolly afternoon EDT...
Experience level*: Rusty
A little about myself: I am a very sexy english guy...i used to play pokemon a lot like 9 months ago...however i am as rusty as an old nail...
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced metagame and how much it has changed from 9 months ago if at all...Maybe a few discussions on team building would be nice too...

Assigned to Justin8649

Netbattle nick: Tazzler or any variation of Tazzler(version)
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3PM-10 PM on weekdays, 11AM-9PM most of the time on weekends
Experience level*: Okay at UU, not the best, but not the worst, would like some more skills though. Better at rby and ubers and 2vs2 thanks to previous tutors. This will probably be my last tutor round. I have to do this again since I was not able to meet up with cloud or justin.
A little about myself: Fav sport is soccer and food is ice cream. I like jynx. I am an okay predicter and battler in general.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC (OU and UU) (the last thing I want to learn)/RS Team Building and Prediction. GSC goes before.

Assigned to Bugsy23

Netbattle nick:
FiveKRunner
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours: I can get on any time from Noon until around 4 P.M. and from 9 P.M. until 11 P.M. I'm not always available on weekends.
Experience level*: I'm a really good Advance OU battler and fairly good Uber battler. I've had NB for a year now. I can predict really well and know what goes into a team. I've played and own all of the generations of games.
A little about myself: I run Cross Country and I'm #1 in my class. I learn quickly and catch on fast. I was a JAA semifinalist (losing to a CH Hydro Pump and the opponent's Ludicolo hanging on by 12 HP).
Generation(s) I want to learn: Any of the following so that I may participate in different kinds of tournaments: Adv UU, Adv NU, GSC, RBY

Assignment pending....you are supposed to be 13 to even join these forums...

Netbattle nick: kukuro or any variations of kukuro. same with card of knights.
Time zone: GMT-8 but currently its GMT-7 because of daylight savings time.
Regular online hours (in EDT !!!!): according to GMT-4 (which I think is EDT) atlantic canadian time, i'm on 9:00 pm to 12:00 pm (a.k.a 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm in GMT-7 or something...
Experience level*: I suck alot since theres no GSC UU guide here which is what I want to learn... I have some experience in advance but thats it.
A little about myself: i'm mostly shy and very quiet irl...and my favorite pokemon is farfetch'd.
Generation(s) I want to learn: both GSC standard and GSC UU team building/battling please.

edit: bleh, I figured that noone would take me anyway due to my age/timezone :(

Assigned to Veteran in Love

Netbattle nick:
Kampfer
Time zone: Central Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 1:00 PM-7:00PM, On and off
Experience level: Knowledgeble but inexperienced in RBY, very amatuer in GSC, and know nothing about advanced generation. I'm new to online Pokemon, and I've had a little bit of Netbatle Experience (5-5 so far).
A little about myself: High School Graduate going into college. Life is picking up now, so afternoons are probably all I'm going to have totally free online.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced RBY tactics and GSC basics. Not going to dabble in Advanced Generation yet.

Taken by Aeolus

Netbattle nick:
darkdragon81
Time zone: Eastern Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): almost everyday after 7pm est
Experience level*: i think im good at advance OU, other than that i need help
A little about myself: im 16 and need help understanding how to sign up for tournaments. i have been in and out of this game since the beginning, but only recently began netbattling
Generation(s) I want to learn: anything and everything

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick:
Shadow Angle
Time zone: GMT -7, Mountain (US & Canada
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6 PM - 1 AM weekdays, random on weekends
Experience level*: Lack much needed stradegy, have had no players my age around to practice on, so I've only learned to use brute force with the bots on the GBA games. Have been playing since RBY (have always got two of the three versions in the generatoins, always the second and third versions (ex: Blue and Yellow). Resently lost to Brock on the RPG servers, with a level 26-29 team.
A little about myself: got work at a seed plant on weekdays for 10 hours a day (sometimes on weekends too). Want to be the first pokemon fan to get laid. ^_^ . I also got MSN and YIM, so PM me for the contacts.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RuSaEm/FrLg mostly. Maybe the other two gens on the side. Need some flexible team building training.

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle nick: Kaitoh Cye/Cye Kinomiya

Time zone: Eastern Time Zone
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 1:00 PM to 4:00 AM, and 12:00 AM to 2:00 AM
Experience level*: Beginner
A little about myself: I really, want to get better.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV

Assigned to Steelicks

Netbattle nick: Casper

Time zone: GMT +12 :|

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Uh unsure. Probably like midnight till 8am (not for the whole time but on and off) Not too sure. Dont really know what EDT is. Probably inputed the wrong time zone into the calculator lol

Experience level: New to competitive battling. Tried to teach myself using the strategies but none of my teams seemed to work well together. I am undefeated in uncompetitive battles on Pokemon Silver but I would be easily defeated by a competitive battler. I have played since RBY and have just recently started Emerald.

A little about myself: Um yeah? If I get paired up with you pm me for my email...Or you can probably find it somewhere on my profile? Or something? And add me to MSN.

Generation(s) I want to learn: All

I probably won't be paired up with anyone because of my timezone but... meh :koffing:

NetBattle is required for participation...We'll hold off on tutoring assignment.

Netbattle nick: Scissorz
Time Zone: EST(Georgia)
Regular online hours: 10AM-1AM(I stay on later tho)
Experince Level*: I'm pretty decent. Council taught me a lot :)
A Little bit about myself: I hate school, I luv sports, and I wanna battle other people.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU, RS Team Building and RS UU.

I'm in London right now, so I won't be able to meet with my tutor over NB. I'll be getting back to Georgia on July 28th.

Assigned to Anomalous

Netbattle nick: CrabNebula
Time zone:Indian Standard Time (EDT+9:30, GMT+5:30)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM EDT
Experience level*:RBY-nil,GSC-not much,ADV-somewhat
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)