Apprentice Program: Round Ninety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Lord Ninjax
PO/PS! Username: Lord Ninjax, BlazingStar47
Timezone: GMT +5:30, later evenings 6-10 PM, and ST times on the weekends
Tiers: No particular order: ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU
Little about myself: 15 Year old student from New Delhi, top student, basketball player etc. So yeah, I play a bunch of OU tiers (plus RU and NU a bit), and I signed up for this program to learn a little more. Actually though, all I'm here to really learn is metagame knowledge and get Teambuilding help, because playing wise and all I'm fine. So yeah, thanks in advance.
IRC or Skype: Preferably IRC
Do I understand how the blacklist works: Yes

I was skipped Round 89

Username: Doctor Gamma
PO/PS! Username: DoctorRealist
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT/ Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Really open with everything; I try to be polite (If I say anything rude, I'm wrong and you're right; please disregard it)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both (Skype is m692775)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last round I had an in-active tutor

REQUESTING PRIORITY. NEGLECTIVE TUTOR IN ROUND 89.

Username: KMizfit_PE
PO/PS Username: KMizfit_PE
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Weekdays: 4pm - Midnight. Weekends: 10am - Midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing competitively for quite a bit, and wish to know more. I'm 15, and hoping to extend my knowledge of competitive battling extensively.
Are you able to use IRC or Skype?: I am able to use IRC.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye.

Username: TLS
PO/PS! Username: LandofShark
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+9 (Japan). Since I'm a study abroad student, Tuesday, Thursday, and Weekends are my free days to meet with my mentor.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU. I want to learn more about battle strategy, teambuilding, and laddering in OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently living in Tokyo, Japan, I'm 20 years old. I'm studying abroad in Tokyo working on a graphic novel to someday be published in Japan. I'm an Art+Design major, specializing in Graphic Design and Illustration. I'm also practicing my oral Japanese to learn a second language. I began playing Pokemon around during Gen III, but never competitively. I recently joined Smogon/Showdown a few weeks ago to get my feet wet in the competitive side of battling.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, but Skype would probably better. My Skype name is joelafuller
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do and hopefully I don't ever in up on the blacklist. .

Explanation why I should be chosen although I have less than 25 posts: As a new member I want to become more involved in Smogon. This is the first place to not just get better at battling but to become a better contributor to Smogon. I want to improve my skills in battling, but become an active member on Smogon. I will be satisfied if I'm tutored this round but I will wait patiently for the next round.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Username: Cranham
PO/PS! Username: Cranham
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: most days from 5PM GMT+0 Until I sleep, I'm available earlier on in the day weekends lol
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 20 Year british guy currently doing a biochem bachelors degree at university. So I'm bit of a nerd :p Outside of that, I'm a global voice on PS
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Both

Last edited:
I was skipped in Round 89.

Username: patriotfan09
PO/PS! Username: patriotfan09
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central, typically at night after 5 though it varies due to classes on each day. I can edit it to be more specific if necessary.
Tell us a little about yourself: I played somewhat competitively back in Gen IV, but have been wanting to get back into it. I did the program back in the early 30 rounds. In addition to Pokémon, I enjoy playing Magic: the Gathering competitively, among other things.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype is preferred

username:tyrice ridley
po/ps! username:tyrice ridley
your timezone and usual hours of availability: pacific, any days we agree.(we can talk about it to fit both schedules)
What tier do you wan to learn?: mostly doubles, but team building is my main problem. It doesn't matter what tier is really.
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm from California, i've just recently started playing pokemon 3 months ago and really like it. I have grate patients and williness to learn.
Are you agle to use either IRC or skype?:IRC would be the best option.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:I do.

Explanation why i should be chosen although I have less than 25 posts: The best reason is that i'm a dedicated person. I will work with the touter 100%. I'm not saying that i'm not saying that that other people shouldn't get pick over me but if you chose me I will be a great chose. If i don't get chose i will be ok :) i'll just wait longer untill i get pick.

Username: Ibito
PO/PS! Username: Ibito X
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 (Spain). Mostly afternoons and nights, but I have mornings on weekends too. Can be more specific if needed.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been busy enough to play seriously. I'm finally expecting to have time enough to dedicate hard to competitive play including tournaments. I usually play on PS so I'm not a full white book, though :P
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both

Why should you be tutored?: I would love to get more involved with the competitive scenario and Smogon; I have been playing Pokémon since RBY but didn't have enough time to practice with competitive at tourneys, only from time to time at PS on my own, since I have been busy with studies and work. Now I want to go serious and have fun with it.

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ace Emerald - Epic Dialga - VGC
Aenonar - Zaionar - Ubers
Audiosurfer - fig999 - Doubles
BKC - 4trackboy - DPP
Bluwing - Bean - OU
Bouffalant - slayerx725232 - UU
Starmaster - Lucy Heartfillia - LC
Calloflochie - V0x - UU
EonX - Shyfire - RU
FLCL - ForgottenOnes - OU
Funkasaurus - Enki - BW
galbia - Transmuter - RU
GiraGoomy - Skarm_Steel - VGC
Haruno - GGamer - Uber
Hollywood - Poisoned_Melon - NU
IronBullet93 - GlassGlaceon - UU
Jio - ium - VGC
Jirachee - Hollywood - DPP
King UU - MarkoSeke + Kstreak- UU
Laga - Philosophist - Doubles
Leftiez - Lord Ninjax - DPP
macle - Weebl - LC
Mambo - Teeks - LC
Metal Sonic - horyzhnz - OU
Mizuhime - The Bravest Bird - Doubles
Molk - esca - RU
namehtmas - Tack - UU
Obvious Power - Zekrom2525 + Fiend Hound - LC
Pearl. - Saleem S - RU
Pwnemon - Nido-Rus - Doubles
Raseri - Inevitability - NU
Royalty Lord Moet II - Ekans - UU
ShootingStarmie - patriotfan09 - OU
SnowCristal! - Kit Kasai - OU
Soulgazer - Exeggutor - NU
Starmaster - Infamy - LC
Sweep - qsns - Ubers
TheEnder - BlowerEsq - OU
TRC - KyleCole - OU
Trinitrotoluene - Raijiin - OU
Typhlito - Cranham - ADV
Unbirthday - Behexenhaus - OU
Valentine - DoctorGamma - OU
Wepwn - Gale Wing Srock - RU
X5Dragon - Empoof - OU
Yagura - offler - LC
Zamrock - KMizfit_PE + Ox the Box - OU
  • Again, we're shorthanded on OU peeps so sorry if you signed up relatively on time but still got skipped over
  • Get well soon EonX you and Steven Snype are fucking nigs but at least you told me in advance somewhat
  • Tutors and tutees should join #battling101 to look for each other
  • Tutees should take the initiative to establish contact, but give it some time if your tutor doesn't respond (2-3 days, read op plz)
  • Round ends Nov. 14
Happy tutoring!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)