Apprentice Program: Round Fourty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tutee sign-ups, at last!

We're going back to the round system, where we'll be taking a month (give or take) before we evaluate the process briefly and add new goodies to the next round. Currently, we just want to get things rolling again.

Do you want to be shown the ropes in any of the premier Smogon Tour metagames ADV OU, DP OU or BW OU? Then fill out the following form and post it here.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what Philip7086's application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm fat but I can't help it I just loooooove McDonalds :(

YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

---

Assignments

BW OU

Aerrow
-Limewire (03/09/2011)

aziki

-LK (03/09/2011)

B-Lulz

-Silent Storm (03/09/2011)

Delta 2777
-Rediamond (03/09/2011)

DJX09
-Ian15 (03/09/2011)

Eet
-Perception (03/09/2011)

Eternal
-Kaxtar (03/09/2011)

hanke

-Ninja-persian (03/09/2011)

Huntofthelion

-smashlloyd20 (03/09/2011)

Iconic
-Fatecrashers (03/09/2011)

kd24
-PDC (03/09/2011)

Lamppost
-San Pellegrino (03/09/2011)

macle
-SlimMan (03/09/2011)

Nachos
-SkyNet (03/09/2011)

PttP
-cco (03/09/2011)

reachzero
-muffinhead (03/09/2011)

reyscarface
-auramaster (03/09/2011)

Scimjara

-Davy Jones (03/09/2011)
-WaterBomb _03/26/11)

Seven Deadly Sins
-Chou Toshio (03/09/2011)

Stone_Cold
-TEzeon (03/09/2011)

twash
-Mooo (03/09/2011)

undisputed
-dukefan5 (03/09/2011)

Zeph

-Fried Rhys (03/09/2011)

DPP OU

Faladran

-Lady Salamence (03/09/2011)

SOMALIA
-Tomahawk9 (03/09/2011)

StevenSnype
-AlphaJolt (03/09/2011)
-Uthanak (03/26/11)

ADV OU

am
-zdrup15 (03/09/2011)

ENZ0
-uragg (03/09/2011)

JabbaTheGriffin
-idiotfrommars (03/09/2011)

Kevin Garrett
-Requiem[9] (03/09/2011)

Mekkah
-Exclamation! (03/09/2011)

ASSIGNED TO HUNTOFTHELION

Username: smashlloyd20
Shoddy Username: smashlloyd20
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5: 11 PM-2 AM, 4-5 PM on all weekdays besides Wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, possibly DPP OU if possible
Tell us a little about yourself: Rolf>Shinon. You know it Mekkah...

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO ICONIC

Username:
Fatecrashers
PO Username: BambooCopter
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 13, available most afternoons cos I know that's evening for you Americans/Canadians
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from NZ and I draw stuff

requesting iconic, macle, djxo9, or aerrow cos we homies

ASSIGNED TO AZIKI

Username: LK
Shoddy Username: LK, Goldberg, High Voltage, Reckless_Intent, Delia, a bunch of others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +3, Available 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm from (Sunday - Wednesday) 2:00 pm - 1:00 am (Thursday - Friday) (assuming my timezone)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, and if we have time, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just your average 14 year old from the Middle East. Just like hanging out with friends like any other teenager, and playing sports like Badminton, Basketball, Baseball (yea lol they have baseball pitches here) and Handball and going to the gym, since there isn't much else you can do here :P. You can find me on IRC most of the time. I'm also most active in the Rate My Team forum rating a team or so a day. I think my teambuilding is ok (could still be improved though), but its my battling skills that are lacking, such as long term thinking and advanced prediction. Also I think improving my skills in BW OU specifically is important, since in team rating you need extensive experience in a given metagame, and improving my advanced team building / battling skills will help me get that experience in the BW metagame and allow me to post better rates. If possible, I'd like to be paired up with a Tutor who is also an official team rater, if not, then it's cool..

ASSIGNED TO UNDISPUTED

Username: dukefan5
Shoddy Username: dukefan5, KevinDurant
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (PST). Available most days from 6PM to 1 AM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, possibly ADV OU if there is time.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average teen that plays pokemon. I live in Southern California and play basketball and volleyball. I am also, quite obviously, a Duke fan. Pokemon wise, I feel like I need to work on my teambuilding for this new generation, as well as my tendancy to overpredict needlessly. I also need to improve long term thinking, instead of just deciding what the best move for the current turn is.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
ASSIGNED TO JABBATHEGRIFFIN

Username:
idiotfrommars
Shoddy Username: IFM
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-12:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I applied to be a tutor and got declined, so I figured I might as well take advantage of this opportunity and learn ADV before Smogon Tour 11 and I have a chance to reapply. Wow so many fellow Michiganders signing up.

requesting either jabba, or mekkah

ASSIGNED TO REYSCARFACE

Username:
Nanoswine
Shoddy Username: Nanoswine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, 12:00PM-6:00PM Weekdays, 9:00AM-11:00PM Saturdays. If we set up a time beforehand my schedule is usually really flexible, so I could probably meet outside those times as well.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, maybe DPP if there's time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from California, if you count running as a sport I am great at sports. I'm pretty well-rounded in battling, but there are a few things that I always find myself having problems with like teambuilding, reading into my opponent's strategy, and adapting to the metagame.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO ENZO

Username: uragg
Shoddy Username: uragg, Sgt. Semen, other stuff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 5:00PM-10:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I applied to be a tutor and got declined, so I figured I might as well take advantage of this opportunity and learn ADV before Smogon Tour 11 and I have a chance to reapply.

ASSIGNED TO PTTP

Username: cco
PO Username: cco/New Rager
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 7,8, or 9 weeknights, sporadic on weekends, it works better if I can set up lesson times beforehand
Tell us a little about yourself: Beyond Pokemon (which I'm rather new to) I act and am into music, I play the bass and my favorite bands are indie rock and blues groups like Black Keys, Foster the People, Airborne Toxic Event, and a few Grunge groups, namely Nirvana. I've been playing Pokemon for about a year, I'm also really signing up so I can meet some people in the community.

ASSIGNED TO DJXO9

Username: Ian15
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ian15
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 and 5pm to 9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I recental got into competitive battling and was a pretty good teambuilder in 4th gen, but not a good battler and struggled to find what style fits me. I am from NY and like to do your average kid stuff, hangout with friends, music etc... Also I want to be a team builder so if I can request a TR badged tutor that would be great, but I am sure they can all do it.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO TWASH

Username
: Mooo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mooo (or any number of o's)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, most times, im not hard to reach :p
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW Ubers (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I make milk! But umm, Im an average player and I want to improve. I can go on winning streaks and get up to like 1300 on the ladder but then I lose it quicker than I gain it. I'd also like to find my playstyle :)

ASSIGNED TO am

Username
: zdrup15
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: zdrup15
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 9:00 pm - 12:00 am
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU / BW OU (secondary)
Tell us a little about yourself: I applied to be a tutor for DPP, then went away and couldn't give the sample lesson so I figured I might as well learn a bit more about these before applying again.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: ginganinja
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lady Azure
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +13 active p. much all the time
Tell us a little about yourself: im from NZ and im a uni student studying History, Philosophy and International Relations

Username: Quagsires
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Quagsires
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 between 4 and 7
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU/BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old who often visits the site and is trying to get more into competitive battling to get ready for the tour.

SkyNet

MediEvil!
ASSIGNED TO NACHOS

Username: SkyNet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SkyNet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 6pm-10pm Weekdays, Weekends vary
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a very easy going person from London (UK) have a full time job as a HGV Auto Electrician, mainly play Little Cup but would like to expand my knowledge of the BW OU Metagame .

ASSIGNED TO REYSCARFACE

Username
: auramaster
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: auramaster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6, usually on around 3:00-5:30 GMT
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Southern American who loves computers, Pokemon, and other Nintendo games. For competitive battling, I'm absolutely TERRIBLE (Though surprisingly decent at gimmick tournaments, not sure why). I need help learning about the new threats in 5th gen, teambuilding basics, battling strategy basics, basically I need help with everything.

ASSIGNED TO Scimjara

Username: Davy Jones
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Davy Jones
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM on weekdays, 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM on weekends. My schedule's pretty flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fairly decent ladder player, but for some reason I tend to have trouble during tournament play, so I feel like I need help with that more than anything else. Outside of Pokemon, I like to play soccer, rock climb, and read.

ASSIGNED TO ETERNAL

Username
: Kaxtar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Kaxtar, WorldRevolution
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5), Weekdays: 4-10 PM, Weekends: 9 AM-11 PM (off and on)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, maybe spend a bit of time on DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Yeah, I'm a standard high school freshman with good grades. I'm a quick learner and participate in forensics (public speaking) and FIRST Robotics. Pokemon wise, I've done a few things such as getting to R3/R2 of ST6/ST7, respectively, doping well in a few other tournaments, and earning suspect voting rights a couple times in the past. I also frequent CAL, so a tutor who is also on CAL a lot would be great. I need to just get into BW, and I could use some help learning the basics of this totally different metagame. Thanks for considering me!

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
ASSIGNED TO kd24

Username: PDC
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PDC , Pure Light
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Any time after school. 3:30 onwards is a good time on weekdays. On the weekeneds all day unless i'm going out.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU. I want to brush up on my skills for the new metagame since i'm planning on tutoring on another site soon.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a good player and know basics like synergy and such. However I want a little more input on adavanced skills. Outside of Pokemon i'm a gamer at heart and like outdoor stuff like birdwatching.

ASSIGNED TO B-LULZ

Username:
Silent Storm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Draconia, SalaryMan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 6pm-10pm Weekdays, Weekends 5pm - 11
Tell us a little about yourself: Average guy in the UK that plays videos game in his spare time. I'm studying to become a graphic designer. I need help with battle strategy and some minor team building.

If possible, I would like to be paired with Setsuna

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Username: WhiteQueen
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: WhiteQueen; EmmaFrost
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST or GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not a hot chick. Requesting reachzero or Phillip as my tutor if possible...

Username:LizardMan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:LizardMan Test 23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, and I should be available from 6 to 11 on monday through thursday, 2 to 11 on friday, and all day on the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU/BW OU (I feel solid at gen 4 OU right now.)
Tell us a little about yourself:I am from NJ, and I am in training to become a cardiologist technician.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO LAMPPOST

Username
:San_Pellegrino
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: San_Pellegrino or variants of Mojonbo(insert name, like dude or something)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (American Central) 4-6 pm week days, and flexible on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU especially, then ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty long-standing member of smogon, I like jazz...a lot...a lot. so yeah, I like Jazz. I'm decent at pokemon, but I really want to work on some of my weaknesses and get them into my strengths category...generally speaking, I suck at mons.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO AERROW

Username: Limewire
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Limewire, Frostwire, Limewire2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST / GMT -5. On weekdays, I'm available after school from 4 PM to 10 PM. On Saturday you can catch me from 1:30 PM to 10 PM, and on Sunday, 12 PM to 3:30 PM and 6 PM to 10 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, and if there is time or any tutors available for this, ADV OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Bengali teenager living in New York City who has really erratic luck. One day I might win 10 matches straight on PO, and the next day, lose to 30. Besides school, work, videogames and Smogon, I like to take strolls outside and enjoy nature. I'm also what you would call a lazy genius when it comes to schoolwork.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Username: fatty
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: fatty (or something referencing fatty)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5; I'm usually on from 3 PM - 6 PM for weekdays and most likely longer on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty typical junior living in Michigan. I love playing all kinds of sports and exercising regularly. Contrary to popular belief, I am not actually fat! In fact, I like to think I'm fairly fit for my age, which I would like to maintain while playing OLB on my school's football team. Characteristically, I'm a pretty easy going guy, so it shouldn't be hard to get along with me. In Pokemon playing terms, I started out at Serebii. Once I learned the ropes, so to speak, of competitive battling, I branched out to other sites like Regileague, PBC and eventually Smogon. I've been thoroughly enjoying myself here and am trying to get a bit more active around these parts, marked by my recent participation in several tournaments, including the Serebii side of the Smogon Invitational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)