Apprentice Program: Round Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Fifteen of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on February 11. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: Juuka
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5:30-7:00 PM, Mostly weekdays
Experience level*: Good, I'm decent in GSC and predicting but I suck in the long run
A little about myself: I suck at luck usually.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY generally

Assigned to Groudon80

Netbattle nick: Stall
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4-5 PM, 8-10 PM on weekdays. Eratic on Weekends.
Experience level*: Average skill level.
A little about myself: I enjoy video games and logic games (chess etc...). I have a small group of friends who hang out most days.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV Uber, and a little bit of OU. Primarrily Ubers though.

Assigned to Serenity

NB Nick : Judgement / Gallows Pole
Time Zone: EST
Regular Hours : Most of the day on most weekends, 9-10 most weeknights thats all i can really tell you
Experience Level: Good in ADV OU, Decent in RBY, GSC, 200
About myself: well i play pokemon on the internet and im on the debate team.
Gens I want to learn; GSC UU, RBY UU, ADV NU

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick: Fufu3000 or Fufu
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5 PM-10 PM, all day on most weekends
Experience level*: I'm decent
A little about myself: I play basketball, and I like shiny pokemon.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV UU and ADV Uber

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: theamericandream38
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): (I assume EDT is Eastern) 5-10 weekdays, randomly throughout the day on weekends
Experience level: About a year of actual playing, I'd say im alright
A little about myself: I am frequently on #smogon, I enjoy browsing the internet, and I guess thats it.
Generation(s) I want to learn: mainly adv OU but also adv UU and Team Building

Assigned to Holyknight

Netbattle: JSC or just some chick
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5 PM-12 AM Sunday and most weekdays, some Saturday and Friday nights if I have nothing planned
Experience level: Still low, though I have definitely improved over the last few months I've been at smogon.
A little about myself: univeristy student, born and raised in Florida, Nintendo fan, good at Tetris.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv OU and team building

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: [GW]Slowpoke
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): variable, between 3PM-12AM
Experience level*: I know what I'm doing, for the most part, but I need refinement. I need a little extra push to get to the level of expert.
A little about myself: I was very recently named a moderator on another site (hence the reason why I want to learn as much as possible).
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV Uber, OU, UU, and NU.

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle nick: ZaneTruedale99
Time zone: Eastern(GMT -05:00)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4 P.M-9 P.M
Experience level*:A little about myself: Descent battler. Huge trouble with prediction. Major trouble with team building and smart EV spreading.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: (Q) Doodle
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4PM-9PM weekdays. All day weekends.
Experience level*:A little about myself: Decent player. A little trouble with EVs.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced OU

Assigned to Aeolus

Netbattle nick: HIBUS

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM

Experience level*: For experience level, I have had about 1 week of actual completive play on NetBattle. I have created my first team and still working on things to make it better, and ways to better utilize the teams full effectiveness.

A little about myself: [FONT=&quot]I have just gotten back into Pokemon about a year ago since December, due to a friend of mine. I have pretty much gotten tired of the ease of the computer AI and the lack of actual challenging fights that require thinking. I like to spend my time breeding different Pokemon with different sets of moves and getting an overall full legitimate collection of all 386 Pokemon (one of which I am missing…damn Deoxys!). In addition to that, I am a junior at BGSU studying Microbiology and Education and Human Development.

[/FONT] Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV Generation

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: Toshin
Time zone:GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):07:30:00(am)-12:00:00
Experience level*: quite low, but i understand 101 subsitutes, prediction etc.
A little about myself: im a history student, currently preparing for a small pokemon tournament.
Generation(s) I want to learn: OU advance, teambuilding etc.

Netbattle nick: Toshin
Time zone:GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):07:30:00(am)-12:00:00
Experience level*: quite low, but i understand 101 subsitutes, prediction etc.
A little about myself: im a history student, currently preparing for a small pokemon tournament.
Generation(s) I want to learn: OU advance, teambuilding etc.
id just like to add that i can be very flexable with hours. anything between 19:00:00 and 04:00:00 (EDT) isnt good for me though.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick: Excellus ([uu] sometimes)
Time zone: UTC/GMT -05:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): after 3 pm
Experience level: Fairly new to netbattle, not new to pokemon. I can win a fair amount but i loose a fair amount too.
A little about myself: I like to have fun and be good at what i do. I can get along with alot of diffrent kinds of people
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV UU and OU (mostly UU though)

Assigned to Black Leather Jacket

Netbattle nick: Pikachu Of Doom
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11:30 - 16:00 Weekdays (Weekends is anytime between 02:00 and 17:00)
Experience level*: Played for a month or so but I still suck.
A little about myself: Fairly good with numbers. I can understand game mechanics quite well and I'm moderately good at prediction.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU and UU

Assigned to ToP

Netbattle Nick: oyabun
Time Zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours(in EDT!!!): depends on the day but most of the time around 10 am - 4 pm Experience level: messed around a little with UU and OU game
A little about myself: I'm still studend. I'm playing netbattle for like 2 weeks, but i learn pretty fast.
Generation(s): RS OU and UU and Advanced OU, UU

Assigned to latinoheat

Netbattle nick: warcrack or metroid13
time zone: est
online hours: usually after 5 PM
exp level: bad, getting better since my first tutor
gens: RSE OU
about myself: My faveorite pokemon game was Blue version. I ask a lot of questions, and try my best.

Wants to be tutored!

Assigned to cloud

Netbattle nick: I am downloading Netbattle as we speak.... I will have it though so I can reply my username later.
Time zone: Mountain Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): from roughly 6 PM to 10 PM
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have played every generation and am already getting ready to buy Diamond, I am currently playing emerald and leaf green for the transfer, but don't know alot about constructing a competitive team.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Every part of 3rd Gen, everthing

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick:Soccer769
Time zone:Eastern (-5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4-5pm and the late afternoon on the weekend
Experience level*: Not... good, but very willing to learn.
A little about myself:I like soccer and riding my bike. I try to be friendly and love a good joke.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU and UU

Sign-up!

Assigned to Justin8649

Netbattle nick: GARBAGE
Time zone: EST (GMT-5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Can be 3-9 weekdays (no Thursday), anytime weekends (most of the time.)
Experience level: I've enjoyed Pokemon for a long time but never really got battling. Basically no experience :)
A little about myself: I'm in high school. Nothing Amazing.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV, really anything.

Must fill out the form correctly to receive a tutor.

Netbattle nick: TreeckoTreefall333
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4-5, 8-9
Experience level*: I started on this site recently. I have netbattle team of Lugia, Tropius, Furret, Sceptile, Blissey, and Lapras.
A little about myself: I like pokemon a lot and enjoy battling against others. I know some things about competitive battling, but not much about EVs/IVs.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ???, umm team building...???

Assigned to Sir Chris

Netbattle nick: Slim Jim
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Mondays - Friday; 4PM - 10PM; Saturday - Sunday; 8:00AM - 10:00 PM.
Experience level*: Intermediate
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV, ADV UU

Assigned to skarm

Netbattle nick: Razaac
Time zone: GMT-5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5-8pm
Experience level*:A little about myself: I am okay, but not very good
Generation(s) I want to learn: All if possible

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Thanks guys... this round is now closed. If you want in, you'll have to wait for round 16 that begins February 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)