Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was skipped Round 86 for XY OU.
Username: The Bravest Bird
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: The Bravest Birds
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, after the 27th or 28th I'll be available almost all the time during the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU, XY OU if XY RU is unavailable
Tell us a little about yourself: I've started playing competitive pokemon this gen, and I've had experience in pretty much every tier. The tier that I am by FAR the worst at is XY RU, and I'd love to learn more about it. In the event that RU is unavailable, I consider myself a pretty decent XY OU player, but I'd like to learn more on teambuilding and maybe making better risk/reward decisions.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

Username: Garchomp7472
Showdown Username: Ostinato7472
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+7 I am available everyday, and can be on between 10am and 6pm (GMT+7), apart from Tuesday and Thursday, where I can be on between 10am and 2pm (GMT+7). Saying this, I can adapt my activity to whatever my tutor may wish.
What tier do you want to learn: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My Pokemon career started when I got Pokemon Diamond on the DS. I am originally from England but moved to Thailand. I started competitive battling about a year ago, and have created a few competitive teams, but nothing completely successful. I have no one around me to talk about Pokemon, so I found this website, so that I am a loner no more.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Is the Pope Catholic? Both questions is a blatant yes!
Brief explanation of why I should be tutored: Competitive battling has shown me a whole new side of Pokemon, and I want to learn more about this newly discovered side of Pokemon. I have got few posts, and want to contribute to the Smogon forums. I also want to build good and successful teams. With a tutor, I will be able (I hope!) to extend my knowledge of Pokemon, which I have been wanting to do I a while. I am not a slacker, and will work hard to achieve my goals.

Last edited:
Username: Repeater1947
Pokemon Showdown Username: Repeater1947
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8; available nearly everyday (except Wednesdays and Fridays); usually on 3:45 PM - 5:45 PM (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), and on 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Saturday and Sunday). Although, my daily schedules may be subject to changes. I will inform my tutor ahead on time in case something happens.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've already gotten familiar knowledge on Gen 6 stuff. Unfortunately, I still don't have a copy of Pokemon X/Y nor a 3DS. However, despite this, I have already been more familiar to Gen 6, and has peaked at 1426 at the XY OU ladder. I'd like to be a better and stronger battler.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, why not?
Provide an explanation regarding why you should be tutored:
The reason why I lack 25 posts is because I do not have enough knowledge to help other people. I prefer lurking the forums, as I don't have many things to say yet. Despite said above, I have now spent time learning the Gen 6 OU metagame, spending nearly one month laddering in OU.

I would like to improve myself. I'd interest in becoming a better team-builder (I can't make good teams without advice from others), better Prediction and understanding of the opponent's moves/reactions, greater understanding on team-synergy, and also a better battler in general.

I was skipped during Round 86!

Last edited:
Username: Wilken
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Wilken
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM-3; everyday, usually from 7 PM onwards.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon, i like competitive games in general, i like learning stuff and i like sharing the stuff i've learned.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Sure.
Provide an explanation regarding why you should be tutored: I'm very passionate about competitive gaming in general and i'd really want to learn more about pokemon; i have the goal of not only becoming a good player but also being able to help other people learn the game.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Username: Memoric
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Memoric
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8. Weekdays 6-9PM. Weekends I'm totally free.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU / XY Ubers / XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a student in the Philippines who wants to learn more tiers at Pokemon. Pokemon is basically my main hobby because it's just a cool game in general. I started Pokemon with Red and it all went on from there. Competitively, I mostly play Smogon Doubles, which I got into thanks to this program. I'm no slouch in XY OU either, and can give a good game or two. I want to learn DPP OU because I find it an interesting and fun tier to play with different mechanics compared to today's age, though either XY Ubers and XY UU is also fine.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Terraquaza
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Terraquaza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 weekends and monday/tuesday 5pm-11pm
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Playing since 2009 and still suck at all ou metas
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: y
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?:y?

would like to have bkc as tutor :toast:

Username: AGuyWithPants
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: VeryNiceName
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30, All days from 3 PM to 3 AM My time.
What tier do you want to learn?: X&Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing this game for about 4 years on and on and off basis but have only played competitively for a few months in the XY OU Meta. I want to learn more about teambuilding and how to play the game in general. Pokemon has been pretty close to me since I started it and has become my favorite hobby. I do think I possess enough knowledge about pokemon in general but I would like to translate this knowledge into becoming a good competitive player and I hope that a Tutor can help me in this :).
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

NOTE: If I do get matched with someone, I would prefer if we have similar times of playing. I was matched with Raseri last time and we could only manage half an hour in the entire month because we had wacky timezones.

Username: skrelp kings
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: skrelp kings
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: i am gmt +1 and im on summer holiday so im not busy with anything now
What tier do you want to learn? xy ou/uu
Tell us a little about yourself: i started playing in gen 5 ou and i was breddy gud, but after not playing for a long time, ive come back to gen 6 and im not too good.. ive made maybe 4 decent teams so far (best one being hawlucha/dragonite/gardevoir/aegislash/rotom/garchomp). i know most of the basics of how to play, but i struggle at making teams and how to play vs some threats. my favourite pkmn is sudowoodo. also im a god at yugioh
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ok
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: yes

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
i lurked the ou forums a lot in 5th gen and i was a very strong player and i could make good creative teams, but after not playing for ages i've lost my edge and really want to get good again because back in 5th gen when i was on form everyone i played vs got smacked and it was just pretty epic and i want to do it again!!

also i was skipped last round

Username: Gianluca90
Pokemon Showdown Usernane: Gianluca90
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 I am available pretty much every day of the week, from 3 PM to 7 PM. Saturday and Sunday I may be off.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a guy who likes play Pokemon in his free time. I played first 3 Gen on emulators, and skipped Gen 4 and 5 because I didn't like them. I'm new to competitive battling, so I need somebody who can help me improve my strategies and battling skills.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, why not

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS

I think I should be tutored because i really enjoy the competitive aspects of Pokemon games. I'm a person who always listen to more experienced people, and learn quickly from his mistakes. I really want to get better at this game, and I think that being tutored is the best way to achieve the best results.

I WAS SKIPPED ON ROUND 86

Username: Pan.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ashyyy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I've been into battling for about ages and would like to know more about teambuilding and early-mid-lategame-battling.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't see any threads when I click on the link, but if it's needed to become a better player, sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Sure!

Username: ertus
Pokemon Showdown Username: ertus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3.00 PM - 9.30 PM (GMT +7)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a second year highschool student, mainly interested in games, JRPG especially, Anime, Japan, and currently studying programming with hope to pass on national / international olympiad . I played a fair amount of Generation I - V of pokemon, but never played competitive battling because I always played on emulator and there is no one that plays pokemon in my area. I have been playing Pokemon since i was 8. I would love to be able to compete in pokemon battling since i think pokemon battling is fun. I have some basic knowledge of battling , but having trouble with getting started to build my own teams.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, but i've never been in tournament :(

Why I should be tutored :
I just discovered smogon yesterday when I was searching about introduction to competitive battling. I need a tutor because I'm having trouble with team building since I am new to competitive battling. I have troubles with getting started at something. I have been trying to learn by reading in the internet but realized that interaction with tutor will help me more and more.

Username: wavves
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: loftybones
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12pm - 12am GMT+1, I'm pretty flexible on time though
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: my name's Mark, currently living in Northern Ireland but I'll be moving to Edinburgh in September to study Japanese & Linguistics there. I'm really into music and video games, and especially journalism in both fields. been playing/keeping up with competitive 'Mon since early DPP (mostly for fun rather than laddering though), never really had any notable success but I could win a battle or two here and there. kinda lost interest around the release of BW2 and I've been completely out of touch with the metagame ever since, but I'd like to think I still have the fundamentals down
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: totally
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: heck yeah

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS
I'm passionate about the game and I'm committed to getting better because I wanna have fun with it, I straight up just love battling and I'd really like to become competent at it again I guess

Username: ShibaWiz
Age: 26 (Looking at all the other ages I suddenly feel old)
Pokemon Showdown Username: ShibaWiz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 7pm - 10 pm (weekdays) and 10 am - 11 pm (weekends) UTC +1
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing Pokemon ever since Red & Blue. Though only started to play the competitive part after X&Y release and discovering Pokemon Showdown, been enjoying it ever since. So much that I have to start my workday by playing a couple of matches before I leave home in the morning. :D Enjoy a challenge and enjoy to theory craft teams.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Sure (if it's a doubles format).

Skipped during round 86

Although I have a general concept of the VGC 2014 rules and gameplay I'd very much like to know more about XY OU doubles format as it seems even more fun, seeing as it's not limited to Kalos only.
And who better to learn from than the actual veterans and pros. Seeing Belgium doesn't have any tournaments (official or the odd unofficial) it's hard to meet up with more experienced ppl I thought it would be a good idea to try here.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Username:Genesis7
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Genesis7
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -4 GMT, 9 AM - 10 PM will be gone from the 31st of July to the 3rd of August.
Tell us a little about yourself:Have found moderate success in tournaments but I'm not able to beat any WCOP or SPL level players, would like someone to help me get past this hurdle.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Don't know what this is but sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Username: Christoph
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Christoph (Also, occasionally found under "Dragon My Heels", for when I run silly all-dragon joke teams, >_> )
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Availability will vary somewhat as I start my new job, but I should be consistently available between 9:30 PM and midnight.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU mostly, and perhaps UU and LC.
Tell us a little about yourself: Like most my age, I started Pokemon with Gen 1. I played through Gen 2, then stopped until Gen 5 drew me back in with its siren call. So here I am. I wasn't that serious about it before (I kept playing Black for the music as much as anything), but I've grown fond of the competitive scene and seek to, well, suck less. I know a decent amount and enjoyed a few decent ladder runs back in Gen 5, but I still have much to learn. Outside of Pokemon and video games in general, I'm a typical wage slave, but also the writer and editor for a small game studio.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't see why not.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yep.

Why I should be tutored:
I'm more active on the competitive battling scene than my post count implies. Aside from frequent Pokemon Showdown battles, I spend considerable time on Smogon, exchanging the occasional PM, chatting in the Mentor room, and most importantly, reading posts and articles from those far more knowledgeable than me. As my skill and knowledge increases, I'm sure I will post constructive content more frequently. With all that said, I feel like I am a strong candidate for this program because I have a strong grasp on battling fundamentals, extra thick skin that lets me accept criticism, and the willingness and ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly and effectively. Finally, I like competition. It brings out my best.

Last edited:

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Username: yohoE
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: yohoE
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: all day every day baby
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UBERS
Tell us a little about yourself: i like long walks on the beach
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: wat
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: I'd love to win this tournament

PLEASE GIVE ME Aenonar !!!!

Username: Pokelol
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokelol
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CEST (I'm currently relaxing during summer break and will not be doing much until late August. I'm usually awake from ~9 o'clock in the morning to ~2 o'clock at night. I'm off to soccer twice a week, at least, being tuesday and thursday.)
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a fan of the competetive aspect of Pokemon, but ever since the HG/SS era, or Gen 4, I haven't been able to successfully build teams nor get a real hang of the metagame myself. I know what works, to an extent, but fail to succeed in building teams and battling.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes please.

Username: Pandon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pandon (Pokemon Showdown! only)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 and pretty much from 10 AM-10 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I've been into Pokemon for awhile since around Gen 2. I've played most of the main series games, and only discovered about competitive in Gen 5.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Sure.

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Exeggutorial
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Exeggutorial
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-4:00; Summer break so online at almost all hours. Usually off from 1 AM to 10 AM on most days. I'm in another country until the 29th, though, so communication until then might be rough,
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU preferably; if not, XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: My first games were Emerald and Diamond and, as my username implies, my favourite mon of all time is Exeggutor. I've been into competitive battling for around six months. I'm a driver in the Competitive Tutoring room, but I'm hoping to get some experience with tiers I have difficulty in, UU being a prime example. I have a bit of OU experience but I find that I have room to improve. Outside of PS, I'm a highschool student who enjoys IT, coding and spending my days crying at how I'll never be good at TF2. Oh, and I love stall.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Sure.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.

I'm an active member of the Competitive Tutoring room on PS and I'd like to be able to pass on the knowledge I've gained to newer players, as well as generally be an activate participant on PS and on Smogon in general. I enjoy playing Pokemon competitively and I'm a very willing learner.

I was skipped in Round 86.

Last edited:
Username: Rob.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rob
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 / Really depends on what I'm doing .. I would say 11am - 3 most days including weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a normal, pretty cool college kid, I'm also a business major that plans to study at Baruch next year
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

I was skipped last round.

Username: Rextreff
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rextreff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -007 Any time I am online
Tell us a little about yourself: I am person who is doing of the posting on smogon forums
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Affirmative
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Affirmative

Scotti

we back.
Username: scotti
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: scotti
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt -5
What tier do you want to learn?:xy nu / xy uu
Tell us a little about yourself: I like kisses <3
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?:yes

Reactions: Nog
Username: Night Wolf
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Nightwolf771
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5:00) Around 3pm-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since I was 4 but only recently got interested in the competitive scene. I have a lot of teams in game that I've experimented with but I can't seem to keep up with the meta enough to be consistently good. I think my teambuilding skills need a bit of work too. I aim to be a decent enough competitive player so that I can compete and do well in tournaments around my area, and perhaps qualify for a bigger official Pokemon tournament in the coming years.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yes
Why I should be accepted with fewer than 25 posts: I have always been more of a lurker when it comes to forums, but it does not mean that I'm not on here every day reading up on all the strategy that I can. I'm also fairly familiar with the competitive scene already. I have been biding my time as well, waiting until the end of my college semester to sign up so that I would have plenty of time to dedicate to improving here.

I was skipped in round 85.

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Username: The Jaiho
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: The Jaiho
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: currently GMT-8, and after 6 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to learn ADV because XY OU is kinda bad atm, and after looking at some logs from SPL/WCOP, ADV looked like a very interesting tier.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: If this applied to me, I would.

Would want BKC as a tutor, but I'll take anyone but Nova :]

Username: Betrayed By Life
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pray For Rain
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5:00), usually free on weekdays anytime after 3:00 PM, and all weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU!
Tell us a little about yourself: Used to play ADV very competitively (shouts out to Netbattle), came back at the end of Gen 5 and played a lot of UU in that gen but now I'm trying to hone my XY OU skills :] I love watching tourney play and high level players and I'm fascinated with their teambuilding, plays, and I'm really trying to get closer to that level. irl I'm a DJ at our college radio station, big music fan, play in a band, I like going on bike rides and eating sushi with my gf etc. etc. whatever (thank you based god)
Why I Should Be Tutored: I love this game, and being tutored would be a huge opportunity to put myself in a position where not only I could improve my skills, but be able to contribute to the community. I feel like by being taught by a tutor, I could spring forward into the community, start getting involved in tournaments, and be able to teach what I've learned to other people trying to improve.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yuuuuuuup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)