Anyone hear about that six year old boy and the hotair balloon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Google "falcon cnn balloon"

The kid name was Falcon, I would have provided a link but I'm on my wii. So if anyone could provide a link so everyone can see this tragic story. D:

Just saw this on the news. He wasn't in the balloon. He had the day off from school and was simply playing somewhere. Then, the child's sibling saw that balloon go into the air and thought the child had climbed into it, which he did not. When it landed, no one was in it. Everyone is fine though. It was a false alarm.

Oh, and it was a helium-filled balloon, not a Hot Air Balloon. But yeah, he's fine. It showed the whole family standing together and the kids was fine.

Well if the kids fine, then it's all okay.
No, it is not okay. The breathless reporting of stories like these are endemic of what is wrong with modern media. Instead of reporting that makes us smarter and more knowledgeable, we are instead overwhelmed with fluff bullshit like this. Even if he had been in it, this story would not have merited so much attention, but the fact that he was not in it makes it so much worse.

I was quite upset when I heard about this yesterday cos the poor little baba must have been so scared - I'm just glad he's okay :3

This has to be the least interesting news story ever. Makes me really disappointed in the media.

It'd have been pretty fun to go up in a balloon like that.

Heh, i just love the fact they were chasing the balloon for miles and didnt check that he had left the house in the first place =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)