Serious Amalgam/silver fillings

Not sure how many people on Smogon have one or more amalgam fillings (which consists of more than 45% mercury).

Have you found that you have developed any symptoms or illnesses since having them placed in your mouth (fatigue/mood changes/palpitations/compromised cognitive function etc)

I personally have 3 amalgam fillings placed when I was a teen and come to think of it have been alot more fatigued for no reason, getting insomnia and having a bitter metallic taste from time to time.

Anyone possibly had their amalgam filling removed and replaced with a composite resin? If so was it worth it and did you suffer any manor side effects such as intense pain which did not subside etc.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how true/false it is, but I've always read that these fillings can be harmful for you. I don't have any myself, but be careful! A co-worker has told me a similar story.

Thanks for the input, I've booked to get one out of the three fillings changed to a composite filling. Boy is finding a good dentist who follows safety procedures in removing amalgam fillings tough work. Not to mention the cost lol.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Don't just get them replaced. Get tested for mercury poisoning as well. You'll want to know, because you'll need to start taking actions to counteract it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)