Rejected Allow users to adjust auto-idle to whenever they want to go auto-idle - similar to screen timeout options.

Hi. In case my title wasn't clear enough, I'll summarize my proposal.

I typically come on PS! arbitrarily, which means I sometimes come online, and don't stay on my keyboard consistently. So I was wondering if it would be possible to enable users the option to make auto-idle customizable for users; allowing them to auto-idle after 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 30 minutes, etc. I thought of this idea because of how devices have the option to timeout after a certain number of minutes. The default is currently 60 mins of complete inactivity.

To use my situation as an example, I moderate in Lobby. I sometimes leave my keyboard due to urgent matters, and I don't end up making it back to close my tab, or manually go idle/busy myself. If I change the settings so I auto-idle after 10 minutes, for example, Lobby staff will be aware of my absence sooner (which is often more important than it seems). 60 minutes as the default is too long for me, personally, and people would mistake my non-gray name for being online.

If this is redundant, or unfeasible from a technical front, then I understand. But no harm giving this a shot, in case people believe it can work.

Theres a command for that, in fact theres several /idle, /afk, /brb, and /away mark you as idle.

Meanwhile /dnd and /busy mark you as busy (you can stay grey even if you talk, PMs will be blocked to voice+ and challenges will be blocked). To undo this, use /back.
My proposal is actually different, though. I was suggesting to improve auto-idle, not the /idle, /busy, commands (I know how they work). Instead of making the default 60 mins, I would like the option to change that default to whatever I prefer. For example:

/autoidle 10 would make it so if I'm inactive on PS! for 10 mins, I go idle.

If you're more relaying that the suggestion is redundant, then I understand. Was just a bit confused when I saw the thread was marked as Done haha.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm not a fan, either. I understand why people want it but it's definitely the kind of bloat we and most other apps have avoided. It's always possible to code a browser extension if you really care, but probably I want it out of my codebase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)