Tournament AGPL V - Semifinals

Amazing art by sleepyzen

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<​

lol alright gang in an incredible twist of events, you are stuck with me, teal6 (RED WHITE and TEAL on showdown) as the SoleHost for the last two rounds. now, yes, you may say "teal6, weren't you literally unable to tag us earlier in the tournament due to the Smogon Illuminati removing your ability to tag multiple people" and the answer to that would be "yes, I was, due to fighting for the freedom of Regular Smogon Users like yourself". after that you might say "wow, teal6, sounds like you're a "man of the people"" to which I'd say "hey, you said it, not me." truthfully i don't really know where i was going with this paragraph. i hope you all have a good time playing pokemon, enjoy yourselves, maybe make a few friends along the way, remember not to take yourself to seriously, at the end of the day we're all just here to have a good time and have a few laughs. would it be gauche to advertise my YT channel in this OP? maybe, so i won't. in any case, when i was in 6th grade, i had an english teacher who was french as in from france (weird right?) and on the last day of class for the year she gave me a pencil that said "believe in yourself and you will succeed". i don't know why, but i've remembered that moment for the last 19 or so years. i hope you all believe in yourselves, and i hope you all succeed. farewell. -motp

:necrozma-dusk-mane: Lion's Den (4) vs (4) Crooked Crobats :crobat:
SV AG: Master Chief vs jb291
SV AG: Guard vs Future king of ou
SV AG: clean vs entrocefalo
SV AG: tier vs Extreme Battlemaster
SS AG: byulharang vs Darkrai Retribution
SM AG: temp vs Farce Of The Death
ORAS AG: MZ vs Iguana
Bo3: Icemaster vs default0

Lion's Den vs Crooked Crobats
SV AG: tier vs AIsang

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing predicts because I'm bored and have nothing better to do

Lion's Den (4) vs (4) Crooked Crobats
SV AG: Master Chief vs jb291: Can't comment on Master Chief's SV play and jb has shown a great record of 4-1, hence going with him.
SV AG: Guard vs Future King of ou: Interesting one, guard hasn't had the best of tournaments, but I think he'll deliver in the semies.
SV AG: Clean vs Entrocefalo : The goat.
SV AG: Tier vs AIsang: I think Tier is the better player here, but AIsang has shown what he is all about. Gonna be a tough one. Going with Tier.
SS AG: byulharang vs Darkrai Retribution: Going with Darkrai, he's had quite a good tour, defeated Loti in week4.
SM AG: Temp vs Farce Of The Death: Good to see Temp back at SM after playing SV, this is going to be a really tough one, but I have a feel Temp wins.
ORAS AG: MZ vs Iguana: MZ wins, the ORAS goat.
Bo3: Icemaster vs Default0: Default defeated Ice in week 2, and I like Default in Bo3. Though Ice is also equally good, could go either way. Have my money on Default.

Tiebreakers to decide who goes to the finals, what we saying?

Predicts because i'm bored:

SS AG: byulharang vs Darkrai Retribution - no idea
Don't you remain bored 24x7 anyway which is why you're on 24 different alts on the Pokemon showdown Anything Goes Away Room.

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Just want to say congratulations teal6 on your host promotion, you have been doing a fantastic job so far. Also thank you Theia for your excellent work as usual, we appreciate you. Just want to say as this is my second Anything Goes tournament, the fact it is being hosted by someone I looked up to growing up in the Pokemon Scene is insane to me, i remember seeing your name around back when I was a young Holy Ghost trying to make a name for myself in the Ubers metagame. I know you are completely unaware but I think I did a decent job at that, inspiring many with my talent. Not many hosts pour their mind into the Op as you did here, so I thought Id just mention all of this. Yeah your tags were not working at first but we all got our games done in the end, right ? So do not worry about that, regardless of what anyone says we need to appreciate all our hosts on smogon. Also yes I also agree, we should prioritize making friends over winning, until you make playoffs then we must lock in. I’ve made a lot of new friends this tournament so I want to quickly shout them out clean temp MZ pichus tier Guard Part along with my old friends Icemaster mitana Master Chief and Ainzcrad , thanks for having me and helping me learn the metagames. Your english teachers quote is a very nice one, mine gave us these pencils that changed colors when you rubbed on it which was pretty cool at the time. Also you want us all to succeed ? Only half of us will, well i guess a little more if you count if the team wins over just our individual win/loss. Thanks again for your post, we appreciate the time and effort you put in Teal and Theia

Last edited:
Completely objective predicts based solely on skill at Pokémon’s:

SV AG: Master Chief vs jb291 - due to jb291 containing both letters and numbers, it should make for a stronger password than Master Chief, so I give them the edge
SV AG: Guard vs Future king of ou - not sure why the future king of ou is wasting their time dealing with the degeneracy of AG
SV AG: clean vs entrocefalo - cooler name
SV AG: tier vs AIsang - just for tier’s last cold-blooded post I’m voting against him
SS AG: byulharang vs Darkrai Retribution -Darkrai Retribution sounds really cool, but for some reason it comes off as too edgy and cringe (and I’m not sure why), so I’m voting for the other guy who I can’t pronounce
SM AG: temp vs Farce Of The Death - temp beat me in a previous agpl so farce needs to take revenge on my behalf
ORAS AG: MZ vs Iguana - MZ not knowing Revival Blessing can be called by Sleep Talk when it’s out of PP means he knows nothing about Pokémon and it shouldn’t be a contest here
Bo3: Icemaster vs default0 - default0 is often called default dan, and dan is also in dirty dan from SpongeBob, and SpongeBob is goated TV, so I’m voting for default0

PrimalKyogre

AG Circuit Champion
0/0 on predicts because I haven’t made any
I haven’t missed a predict yet!

Lion's Den (5) vs (3) Crooked Crobats

Both solid players, could go either way but jb has done really well with SV so going with him

Gut feeling that fkou will slip up by either making the most bland, predictable meta team or by making the most outlandish meme team. Fkou is still the GOAT.

entro is cracked at the game.

this is the primordiallite guy on showdown or whatever right? 1) ur name is ASS 2) I expect some good shit u where playing nb

byulharang is having a great tournament so far, I expect more great work out of them.

Farce is great, but I feel that temp will pull the upset.

MZ is cracked at the game.

Highlight of the week, but I can’t bet against default0. I absolutely see this taking all 3 games, though.

eavo

Banned deucer.

Both solid players, could go either way but jb has done really well with SV so going with him

Gut feeling that fkou will slip up by either making the most bland, predictable meta team or by making the most outlandish meme team. Fkou is still the GOAT.

this is the primordiallite guy on showdown or whatever right? 1) ur name is ASS 2) I expect some good shit u where playing nb

byulharang is having a great tournament so far, I expect more great work out of them.

Highlight of the week, but I can’t bet against default0. I absolutely see this taking all 3 games, though.
tier is not primordiallite LOL

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Just want to say congratulations teal6 on your host promotion, you have been doing a fantastic job so far. Also thank you Theia for your excellent work as usual, we appreciate you. Just want to say as this is my second Anything Goes tournament, the fact it is being hosted by someone I looked up to growing up in the Pokemon Scene is insane to me, i remember seeing your name around back when I was a young Holy Ghost trying to make a name for myself in the Ubers metagame. I know you are completely unaware but I think I did a decent job at that, inspiring many with my talent. Not many hosts pour their mind into the Op as you did here, so I thought Id just mention all of this. Yeah your tags were not working at first but we all got our games done in the end, right ? So do not worry about that, regardless of what anyone says we need to appreciate all our hosts on smogon. Also yes I also agree, we should prioritize making friends over winning, until you make playoffs then we must lock in. I’ve made a lot of new friends this tournament so I want to quickly shout them out clean Icemaster temp MZ pichus tier Guard Part along with my old friends mitana Master Chief and Ainzcrad , thanks for having me and helping me learn the metagames. Your english teachers quote is a very nice one, mine gave us these pencils that changed colors when you rubbed on it which was pretty cool at the time. Also you want us all to succeed ? Only half of us will, well i guess a little more if you count if the team wins over just our individual win/loss. Thanks again for your post, we appreciate the time and effort you put in Teal and Theia

I've teamed with Hollius before. Twice in fact. He must have forgot. That's okay. I'm not the most memorable of guys anyway. I'm very glad that a player of his calibre now considers me a friend. Unlike myself, I hope at least this AGPL will be a lasting memory for you all. But what does it matter? Gen 10 is coming out soon anyway. Soon you won't remember this AGPL. Or AG in general in fact. Maybe not even Smogon, maybe you'll even forget Pokémon entirely. These struggles we have with Calyrexes and Koraidons and Zacians and Mega Rays? They're all meaningless in the grand scheme of things. You won't remember any of it soon anyway. After all, Generation 10 is coming out. The only thing you will remember is the friends you made along the way. I'm very grateful that this AGPL provided an outlet for us to make friends in this manner. I'm thankful to our hosts Theia, Fc and Teal for providing this opportunity. I'm also thankful to our fellow managers Entrocefalo, Guard, Pichus , Skarph Pherim, Stone "Cold" Dave, Leru "McMeghan" Larry, Farce "of The" Death, Bacon "Eating" Assassin, William Sun One, Fc, Loti "as" ite, Geysers and Frozoid providing the competition necessary to complete this tournament. They're not easy jobs. I hope you guys take enough breaks. After all these tournaments are less about the AG formats and more about the cooperation you have with your teammates. They say "the strongest teams are formed of FRIENDS not COLLEAGUES" and that "the real prize is the friends you made along the way". They don't say that for no reason. I think that's quite true. When Gen 10 comes out and we can GiganteramegaZ our Calyrex-Rayquaza-Riders I hope you guys look fondly back on this tournament and remember this experience you had in AG. Maybe even remember the teams and conversations we had together.

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
I've teamed with Hollius before. Twice in fact. He must have forgot. That's okay. I'm not the most memorable of guys anyway. I'm very glad that a player of his calibre now considers me a friend. Unlike myself, I hope at least this AGPL will be a lasting memory for you all. But what does it matter? Gen 10 is coming out soon anyway. Soon you won't remember this AGPL. Or AG in general in fact. Maybe not even Smogon, maybe you'll even forget Pokémon entirely. These struggles we have with Calyrexes and Koraidons and Zacians and Mega Rays? They're all meaningless in the grand scheme of things. You won't remember any of it soon anyway. After all, Generation 10 is coming out. The only thing you will remember is the friends you made along the way. I'm very grateful that this AGPL provided an outlet for us to make friends in this manner. I'm thankful to our hosts Theia, Fc and Teal for providing this opportunity. I'm also thankful to our fellow managers Entrocefalo, Guard, Pichus , Skarph Pherim, Stone "Cold" Dave, Leru "McMeghan" Larry, Farce "of The" Death, Bacon "Eating" Assassin, William Sun One, Fc, Loti "as" ite, Geysers and Frozoid providing the competition necessary to complete this tournament. They're not easy jobs. I hope you guys take enough breaks. After all these tournaments are less about the AG formats and more about the cooperation you have with your teammates. They say "the strongest teams are formed of FRIENDS not COLLEAGUES" and that "the real prize is the friends you made along the way". They don't say that for no reason. I think that's quite true. When Gen 10 comes out and we can GiganteramegaZ our Calyrex-Rayquaza-Riders I hope you guys look fondly back on this tournament and remember this experience you had in AG. Maybe even remember the teams and conversations we had together.
Yes, we have teamed before Iceius, but I didnt know I could call you my friend those times. We were brother in arms in the great Most Wanted war, which made us have more of a brotherly bond than a friend one, in my opinion. We then teamed in UPL but I forgot about this. That tour man, that tour was cursed. I consider you a brother, Iceiokian.
I have edited my post to avoid confusion in the future.

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Yes, we have teamed before Iceius, but I didnt know I could call you my friend those times. We were brother in arms in the great Most Wanted war, which made us have more of a brotherly bond than a friend one, in my opinion. We then teamed in UPL but I forgot about this. That tour man, that tour was cursed. I consider you a brother, Iceiokian.
I have edited my post to avoid confusion in the future.
That's quite alright, Holem Golem. You didn't have to edit your post, I understood the intent. The Ubers Most Wanted War was a truly harrowing time in my life. At any moment, I could be assassinated. It's true that deep on the battlefield, it's difficult for friendships to bloom like this. Your mind must have blocked out the trauma. Regardless, I consider you one of my greatest friends Hollian Ghoulos. I'm glad I could have this heart to heart conversation on Smogon and in the Lion's Den chat my friend. They really do say "Few will truly understand" for a reason. You understand. Thank you very much for being my friend Hollial Graphtiean.

Agcl2 Ragib

Banned deucer.

What did y'all start with my username... Leave me alone ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)