A wild East Coast appeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Seismitoad used Earthquake!
Pwnemon fainted!

Who else here almost shit themselves when they felt it?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
pwnemon sounds like a terribly designed digimon

i only noticed it's your username during the making of this post

some dude at #warau also noticed i suppose

More of a "Ok, this isn't supposed to be happening." My family flipped out though XD
Mostly because we live in Southern MD, fairly close to the epicenter.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
southern md reporting in, I thought it was some kind of low-flying plane or some shit

also i can't get phone service but can get internet service

gg?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm also southern MD, but i thought it was like a bomb dropped on WDC or something cause I've lived here ten years and never felt an earthquake before.

I live in VA and my house started shaking, it only scared the shit out of me because I've never felt an earthquake, nor have I ever expected to feel an earthquake in this location

Woodbridge, VA. (~30 mi. from DC)

Thought the people in the apartment above us were just being elephants. Then when it started shaking a bit more I grabbed my month old baby and wife and ran outside. When we went back in there were a few things hanging like they wanted to fall of the shelves but nothing much. Kinda disappointing.

Who else here almost shit themselves when they felt it?
Me..well it was more like "WTF, I thought the washing machine was balanced? O.o" Live near the D.C area (Prince George's county) and man it felt pretty scary for someone who hasn't experience an earthquake his entire life. Hoping that's the end of it and/or no severe one coming.

Reporting from Ontario haha

apparently it wasn't just me being crazy, a quick search of my facebook from about ~40 minutes ago confirms that other people felt a quake.

I was out on my back deck for a smoke when the pool water started looking kinda funny, the chair I was sitting in shook a bit, and the patio furniture looked to be shaking as well. really minor stuff heh. I actually didn't really think "holy shit an earthquake!!" until a friend, who is out of town atm, texted me to ask if I felt anything/was alright etc. she's like ~7 hours away in Ottawa, and still freaking out about it

I guess the East Coast got this a lot worse, huh? Hopefully no serious damages.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I live in Massachusetts and I felt no earthquake, but apparently other people in my area did judging from the Facebook statii.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Happy I didn't miss this one like I did the last.
Was pretty neat. so rumbly mother

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was in a room with 8 other Vancouverites.

"Is this what qualifies as an earthquake in Ontario?"

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Apparently my mom felt it in Providence RI but I felt nothing 15 minutes north?? Also fyi Team Amon Amarth: there are fault lines along the east coast, RI is on one of them. They just aren't anywhere near as major as Pacific Rim/San Andreas

Posted this on facebook:

It's a conspiracy! Flipping channels after the big quake and 2012 is on. It goes deeper! Double Dragon is also on. What does that have to do with anything? Double Dragon takes place in 2007 LA that has been devastated by the biggest earthquake ever. So then I'm watching 2 Stupid Dogs to keep my mind off things and the dogs go to the San Andreas fault trying to have an earthquake wake them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)