A trip down childhood memory lane

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
some of the posts i've read in this thread, man, talk about the grown ups being harsh on today's kid programs. Poppy was right when he said
i guess people's childhood memories are making them really abrasive in their opinions

cartoon elitism?_?
i wont lie, i also think compared to the glorious past that is my childhood, today's shows suck ass, terribly really and i bet most of you feel the same way. We must however admit that although it'll never stand up to our awesome past, the present does have its gems and i for one will give credit where credit is due.
Example of one of today's gems

On the bright side, i've loved reading the posts in this thread so far. almost every post has taken me back or at least made me go "ah yes, ~insert awesome show name here~, good times" or " wow, ~insert awesome show name here~, how could i forget that show". Waterbombs posts were the exception of course, his just made me realize how much of an old man he is.
haha, calm down Waterbomb i'm just kidding, don't break a hip overexerting yourself because of my comment.

no but seriously, i'm just joking around, i loved your post waterbomb. great shows

Wow. This is the first time in like 15 years that I even remembered this was a thing. So nostalgia.
x whole thread for me, idk when this feeling will end but i cant wait to read future posts and see what else i've forgotten over the years

ahhh..must include robots here: Gundam, Transformers and Power Rangers.. what a good way to relieve stress i'm feeling right now at work..

just wondering: i'm beginning to think that smogoners are 95% male. haven't seen anything like sailor moon, random disney fairy tales and any cutie cartoons such as pucca, kero(4x) pi yet

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Here I go! Erupting Burning FINGER!"

*After impalement, the opponent is hoisted into the air*

"And now...HEAT END!"

*Explosion and removal of extremities from opponent*

If you know exactly what this is describing without looking this up, you are officially my honorary brother/sister!!!

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
How about the old 70s anime?
Like Hana No Ko Lunlun?

Though I never had seen it yet, it looks interesting

P.S. My avatar is my reaction to most of the crap today :p

[youtube]I_5F1zYQF5M[/youtube]

[youtube]JvfX1JJpxF0[/youtube]

[youtube]lSq_mHcmvyc[/youtube]

ITT we discuss horrible cartoons we loved as children but have since grown to realize just how awful the dialogue and plots were.

Also, the Monster Rancher game for Playstation where you could get different monsters from scanning your own CDs was BAWSE.

Nix_Hex

I hope you make a million dollars
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ouro said:
Monster Rancher intro.
Oh my god. Thank you.

I'm with WaterBomb, there's so many young'ns itt. At least no one has said Fairly Odd Parents @_@

As for my favorites:
-Rocko's Modern Life - The pop culture references here get funnier and funnier as I get older and start realizing what they mean.
-Rugrats - needed more Boris and Minka
-Doug - kalukukuuuuu
-Digimon - Season 1 only (that's the only one I watched so...)
-Pokemon - Charizard v. Magmar.
-Tiny Toon Adventures - "and in the nineties, we have video games!"
-Monster Rancher
-Kenan and Kel
-Beavis and Butthead

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like how you can tell the age group of a Canadian by which set of PJs they like best. I had no idea Carlos was still around though. Damn. That's a long time. He picked up just around the time I stopped watching I think.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Man, Hey Arnold! was definitely one of my favorite shows. Also, gentlemen. We've missed Goof Troop >:|

[youtube]ts7--zxXXKQ[/youtube]

Ugh, I love that little scat solo at the end. Melts my heart every time <3

Also, since we're on the topic of Goofy...

[youtube]8bLox94zlFc[/youtube]

"YO STA-CEEEEY!"

Holy shit! Street Sharks and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Real Monsters are on Netflix now. And here I was trying to cancel my subscription to it.

I love how everyone in this thread is feeling so old, when I feel the opposite. Born in mid-90's.
Anyways, you're a liar if you didn't think this was one of the best game shows of all time when you were young:

Since we've sorta moved to game shows / non cartoons. Anyone remember this one?

[youtube]OtKyQswqMbM[/youtube]

I love how everyone in this thread is feeling so old, when I feel the opposite. Born in mid-90's.
Anyways, you're a liar if you didn't think this was one of the best game shows of all time when you were young:
I loved that show, always used to want to be on it since it looked so much fun back then.

Maybe someone can help me remember what one other game show Nickelodeon had around that time frame, my memories are vague on most of it but it was a competition and it eventually ended with someone doing a time rush on a videogame at the time (like Sonic) as like the last challenge of sorts? I think they also played like more videogames throughout it, anyways always liked that one too growing up, don't suppose anyone has a name to go with it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)