A thought i had with breloom

I'm tempted to try hurl on breloom because toxic orb makes hurl a 30 BP dark attack ( lol ) but have a 100% chance and acc of causing toxic status on the foe (which is why i'm suggesting it) you'd get some more use out of your toxic orb after you trigger poison heal but i'm not sure what move to drop for it.

...OR TEACH IT TOXIC???

This is innovative, but it would work on a gimmiky [spelling?] fling/thief kinda set.

Get your heal, fling toxic, nab their lefties with thief, and huzzah, uber-healing!

Nice idea, but too gimmiky for serious play IMO.

And yeah, What Blue Harvest said. ^

Replace Stone Edge on the standard Spore Puncher? *shrugs*

I guess (Spore/Substitute) / Focus Punch / Seed Bomb / Fling could work. I am intrigued by the idea of getting some use out of Toxic Orb after being poisoned, but seeing as how I don't use Breloom on a regular basis, I have no idea if the one-time use of Fling takes away needed versatility. I get the impression that Breloom has better things to do, though.

EDIT: This reminds me of the idea I once had with Substitute / Protect / Focus Punch / (Seed Bomb/Stone Edge)--the intention to create "Stalloom." Yeah, that didn't work out too well.

Strict theorymon here, but it seems to me that one-benefit moves like Fling that consume items are generally better in a 3 on 3 battle where each move potentially has a greater impact.

In some future generation some item will probably come out that gives Fling a use. However, it's hard to see it this gen, and even harder to see it among the more drawn out 6 on 6.

Replace Stone Edge on the standard Spore Puncher? *shrugs*

I guess (Spore/Substitute) / Focus Punch / Seed Bomb / Fling could work. I am intrigued by the idea of getting some use out of Toxic Orb after being poisoned, but seeing as how I don't use Breloom on a regular basis, I have no idea if the one-time use of Fling takes away needed versatility. I get the impression that Breloom has better things to do, though.

EDIT: This reminds me of the idea I once had with Substitute / Protect / Focus Punch / (Seed Bomb/Stone Edge)--the intention to create "Stalloom." Yeah, that didn't work out too well.
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish 252 Hp 64 Atk 176 Sp def 16 Spd
Leech seed
Bulk up
Protect
Drain punch

Way better stalloom.

It gets poison heal activated THEN it Flings to get toxic status. That is better than just toxic. I think that it suffers from only-four-move-slots syndrome, unfortunately.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That hurts Grass-types (especially Grass/Poison-types) how?

It gets poison heal activated THEN it Flings to get toxic status. That is better than just toxic. I think that it suffers from only-four-move-slots syndrome, unfortunately.
Quoted for truth. Breloom is pretty much a one-trick mushroom. It does it's thing well, but that's about all it can do.

ooh i just though of something for a item claused 2v2 this could be a handy way to trigger poison heal with the aid of your magic guard clefable ally who hold toxic orb who flings it to breloom who takes jack shit damage due to resist and 30 BP and now is toxic status triggering poison heal (and your free to have leftovers on this breloom for more shits and giggles)

Why does breloom NEED sporepunch tho?

Breloom @Toxic orb
Jolly 252 atk, enought speed to outrun jolly T-tar, rest in hp

Fling
Seed bomb
Sky uppercut/mach punch
thief/swords dance/sub/spore/stone edge

It's pretty frail, so people usually slap Sub Punch onto it.

I think a Choice Banding breloom would be a lot of fun. Sure, it'd suck, but imagine: Choice Banded focus punching their sleep absorber... lulz.

-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge/Mach Punch/Sky Uppercut
-Spore

does hurling toxic orb poison steel and poison types as well? That would put it over toxic, but not many steel types switch into breloom. Toxicing their wall after the spore absorb would be nice though.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Poison and Steel types are immune to being Toxiced. So if you Fling at them, you aren't going to Toxic anything with Breloom. You're also at risk of catching a Sticky Barb now (heh).

I personally think that fling is better reserved to items that do alot of damage for the one time hit, or even slow them incredibly to crippled them if it doesn't kill them. Just my two cents.

Fling works best on a Weavile Holding Steel Orb on the last turn of Trick Room. It flings the Orb for a 130x1.5= 195 Base Damage attack (and goes first holdign the orb) for a 1hko, and then the next turn recovers the speed after Troom wears off and sweeps continuosly.

Poison and Steel types are immune to being Toxiced. So if you Fling at them, you aren't going to Toxic anything with Breloom. You're also at risk of catching a Sticky Barb now (heh).
Can't poison types be poisoned with Twineedle, or is toxic/normal posion treated differently in the game? I remember reading it somewhere here.

except no one escapes the wrath of normalize delcatty. its always fun to toxic steels and paralyze grounds.

except no one escapes the wrath of normalize delcatty. its always fun to toxic steels and paralyze grounds.
Contrary to popluar belief, steels and poisons don't get poisned by normalize delcatty.

Grounds can get paralyzed with forcepalm/bodyslam/secret power/etc

Hmmm probably wouldn't use without Fling+Thief, 18% is always helpful. I'd probably not even use Spore or Focus Punch on the set, cause their caution at try to switch to someone in fear of being put asleep can be put to your advantage. Having Sky Uppercut to randomly spam also helps, for example: against a Tyranitar after you already slept something.

BUT the metagame is too filled with Lucarios and Garchomps right now to be attempting to stall, but when stall teams were popular, this would've been handy!

Can't poison types be poisoned with Twineedle, or is toxic/normal posion treated differently in the game? I remember reading it somewhere here.
Oh god, I'm retarded. I meant can't steel types be poisoned by Twineedle [/facepalm].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)