Monotype a tall glass of aesthetic water (I'm a bit picky,)

⚓
⚓

I've noticed how my favorite team has been doing pretty well lately, but I still have a few weaknesses that are hard to establish. This team is mostly based off of setting-up. (Hazards, stats, etc.)

If I absolutely have to switch any of these, I don't want to switch Omastar or Milotic. Maybe Keldeo too, but that's because it's pretty fitting for the team look I'm going for.

Basically, all-in-all, I want a pretty beach or deep-sea aesthetic team but I also want it to work. I'm gonna be drawing this team for an OC/Persona of mine, named Jalgae, and I really want it to match him. You mind taking a look at him before helping me out?

David (Omastar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ancient Power
- Ice Beam
I chose Omastar because, well, it's my favorite pick for Jalgae at the moment. In my opinion, Omastar is very under rated and capable of being a solid special sweeper. It has a good special attack stat, and with the speed boost from Shell Smash (and possibly Weak Armor), it's able to outspeed flying types like Zapdos, Staraptor, etc. It's only problem is priority moves, since it's not extremely bulky and grass types destroy it without it's Focus Sash. I ran Ice Beam over Earth Power so that I can hit grass types easier.

Pearl (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Mirror Coat
Milotic is possibly my second-favorite Water type, and I have experience with it. I've almost always had a Milotic on my team, either because I'm comfortable with it or it's my favorite wall. Mirror Coat is my preferred move over Ice Beam, mainly because it can take a single hit by Ubers like Kyogre-Primal at full HP, and then throw it back. Of course, in monotype, this isn't a problem, but it's still extremely useful and normally unexpected. Marvel Scale is also useful in case I need to switch on a Prankster Will-O-Wisp.

Leviathan (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 140 HP / 112 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
Gyarados is big and bad, and that's how I like it. Jalgae has a bit of a temper, and a pet leviathan, named, well, Leviathan. I felt like Gyarados reflected this well, and I needed a bulky-enough physical sweeper. Substitute keeps my Gyarados from getting hit with a status move like Will-O-Wisp or Toxic. It takes about two Dragon Dances to get him to where I want, but I'd preferably take a few hits and set up than get hit and die. I also needed a good Flying/Water type that I could switch on Earthquakes.

Marquise (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Substitute
Basically the special sweeper version of my Gyarados. Keldeo is just so pretty, and I love the move Secret Sword. I keep my Keldeo nice and bulky enough to switch in on moves like Stone Edge when Gyarados is in play, or when I just see the perfect time to set up a few calm minds. I've used this set a few times, and I have to say that it has frustrated a few people I've battled. It's also a little unexpected, as you normally see Specs Keldeo.

Gregory (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic
Quagsire looks a little dorky, I'll admit. I wasn't too fond of putting it on this team, but I warmed up to it a bit. Unaware is a really useful ability. He's basically another wall to sit back and take hits with the Milotic, but he has a bit more of a niche with that awesome little ability. The set is also bulky yet quick-to-the point, which is what I prefer. Toxic hits stupid walls like Chansey and other water types that may be harder to take down.

Reggie (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes​
What do we all use Tentacruel for, honestly? I needed a good Rapid Spinner, and the Poison typing makes for great coverage. He's fun to switch in on Fairy types when Keldeo needs it, and he sets up Toxic Spikes against teams that have a large amount of walls or set-up Pokemon. He's also a squid, so I figured he would also look great in a picture with Jalgae. Liquid Ooze is useful for switching on Giga Drains or Leech Seeds, as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)