A setter function for a Pokemon's nickname

Hello, I'm currently working on a custom format that allows Pokemon to start a match with a specified HP value and status. I'm currently using it in a Pokemon Tabletop campaign where battles are done using Showdown. I'm currently able to set the HP and status using a formatted nickname (Name or Name.HP or Name.HP.Status) and this seems to be working fine. It would just be nice to be able to replace the nickname after the adjustment step has completed so that 1.) Players don't have to look at those ugly nicknames in battle and 2.) Ideally so that at the end of battle, I could save the HP and status automatically instead of having to write it down and manually adjust nicknames in sets.

1 could be accomplished if I could address the displayed nickname, whereas 2 would require modifying the nickname tied to the actual set.

I've tried using pokemon.name, pokemon.m.name, pokemon.set.name and the equivalents with .nickname. But while the console doesn't throw errors, assigning new values to these variables doesn't seem to so anything or at least not as far as the simulator or setbuilder are concerned.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
This isn't a feature request, this is tech support for your own code changes.

The value is in fact set.name which is propagated to pokemon.name; if that doesn't work, you might be setting it too late (after the point where it's propagated to pokemon.fullname).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)