A RMT from a happy guy.

One time, back in January I was pretty owned by a Focus Punching Dusknoir. I forgot about it until I was surfing around here and saw the set posted by Aldaron, and in it he had the exact same story. I remembered my desire to use Dusknoir again, so I went for it. So now it's a new team for me.
The line up:

The team?

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/80 Atk/176 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The lead because he's awesome against the ghost psychic leads. He also complements Dusknoir well. Well sort of, as SS is pretty counterproductive with Substitute and stuff. He can survive a Focus Blast from Gengar with this spread whiling OHKOing with Pursuit for great justice.

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/232 Atk/24 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Punch
- Substitute
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch

Yep, thanks for the set. Set up sub on the many that he can do with his typing and all. Owns Tyranitar and Heracross switch ins. Controversy is that Fire Punch can put a damper on Hera which is a very common switch in. Ice Punch is great though because this guy can take on a SD EQ from Chomp and punch back. And I don't want Gliscor to wall this guy too much. Also I want to consider Pain Split too, just because if there is something that brings me down, and all the subs have got low Hp, it'd be cool if I just take back a bunch of Hp for me. Also this set's been pretty fun. EDIT: Venom told me it was a good idea with Thunderpunch over SS because of some opposing Gyarados problems.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/116 Def/36 Spd/104 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Copy'd EV spread from Ruesap(sorry). Can take on Nape, Gengar, whiling spreading status. He seems like he'd fit right in though. I always like the fighting resists, and another Eq immune is all the better. Hp Ice is because, I really can't have too much dragon coverage.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

This was Skarmony at first but then I realized Rapid Spin and this guys typing suits my team more. He's pretty sturdy too. My only concern is really, Rapid Spin, and his overall moveslot. Rapid Spin does seem useful and all especially with Gyara and Dos eating 25% each switch in, so who knows.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP/8 Atk/184 Def/104 Spd
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

This is the spread from Smogon, I needed status taker super bad and Gyara's typing is so good. Originally it was a standard bulkydos, but I needed an even tougher Gyara. When I first tested the team, I never got really around to making Forrestress status fodder, and I don't know. The reason why I didn't go for the standard moveset though, is that EQ scares off Lucario(although Waterfall is probably an OHKO anyways, and Gyara is my main switch in all the time.) and Ice fang is because I am scared of Dragons at night.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch

I realized I didn't have much for late game sweeper. Or for speed on that matter, and it's been awhile since I've used this. I figured it fit right in. Sort of.

So yeah, it looks decent on paper. Dusk, Ttar softening the lines, with Zapdos doling out status. Forrestress sets up spikes with Dusknoir protecting them, and Forrestress gets rid of the opponents spikes. Lucario comes in last and sweeps.(Hopefully)

So yeah, I don't think there is any extreme weakness, but it does look far from perfect. The only thing I've been considering changing is Forrestress to a real bulky Jirachi, with Wish support Stealth Rocks looks to be not that bad, and he can still lay down Rocks, and contribute a little more than Forrestress. But I don't know. Opinions?

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I don't see any problems with this team, I just have a few suggestions. If you have a Zapdos that handles Gengar, why not give him Extremespeed > Bullet Punch? Bullet Punch, from what I know is only used for Gengar, but you got him covered, so Extremespeed would be better over BP. Also, I would reccomend using 212 HP / 8 Atk / 184 Def / 104 Spd, and I would reccomend DD and Waterfall, even if you fear Lucario, you got a Zapdos, and it won't be much a problem to Gyarados either. On Dusknoir, you might aswell go Ice Punch, to handle Garchomp better and such.

I don't like how opposing Gyarados will kind of wreck you since you have nothing solid to it, and it's own mirror isn't always reliable. If it does not have stone edge, Zapdos will work the magic here, but 80% of them do sadly. I would consider replacing Shadow Sneak > ThunderPunch, under a sub, Intimidate does nothing to Dusknoir.

I don't see any problems with this team, I just have a few suggestions. If you have a Zapdos that handles Gengar, why not give him Extremespeed > Bullet Punch? Bullet Punch, from what I know is only used for Gengar, but you got him covered, so Extremespeed would be better over BP. Also, I would reccomend using 212 HP / 8 Atk / 184 Def / 104 Spd, and I would reccomend DD and Waterfall, even if you fear Lucario, you got a Zapdos, and it won't be much a problem to Gyarados either. On Dusknoir, you might aswell go Ice Punch, to handle Garchomp better and such.

I don't like how opposing Gyarados will kind of wreck you since you have nothing solid to it, and it's own mirror isn't always reliable. If it does not have stone edge, Zapdos will work the magic here, but 80% of them do sadly. I would consider replacing Shadow Sneak > ThunderPunch, under a sub, Intimidate does nothing to Dusknoir.
Alright thanks, I realize that I went overboard with some things, also didn't realize the threat that Gyarados brought so much. I will replace Bullet Punch. I'll keep Ice Punch on Dusknoir. And I'll probably do the other Dusknoir advice about Thunderpunch, as now that I look over it, it does look like a problem. Also I like the bulkier Gyarados spread, and I'll make the other changes, but I've got a question. If I were to switch in this Gyara on the opponents and this one had Stone Edge over DD, would that go over so bad. Just curious, I doubt I'll actually make that change.

Thanks a bunch, I'll edit in pretty much what you said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)