A Lotta Nerve, a UU Warstory

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hello there :)
I have been wanting to write a warstory for quite a few time, and I just had a battle worth it. This was conducted via Shoddy Battle, on the UU Ladder. Anyway, here it goes...

B IS FOR BRUTUS TEAM

WELOVEYOUMACARGO TEAM

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

b is for brutus sent out Froslass.
WeLoveYouMacargo sent out Typhlosion.

His lead comes out and its a Typhlosion. Now from my past battles with him I know its a Scarf Eruption variant (I'm sure you know that without even battling him, but hey...!).
Anyway I need to weaken its Eruption power or it can give hell to my team. That's one of the main reasons I run Shadow Ball over Destiny Bond on my Froslass lead.

Typhlosion used Eruption.
It's super effective!
Froslass lost 100% of its health.
Froslass hung on using its Focus Sash!
Froslass used Shadow Ball.
Typhlosion lost 38% of its health.
: 1%
: 62%

Now that he is weakened I can switch in my fire resist safely. Quagsire doesn't mind a weakened Eruption at all, but I'm worried I might just give a free switch to something in his team. I hate being forced to use Quagsire so soon, but for now, I have no other option.

b is for brutus switched in Quagsire.
It's not very effective...
Quagsire lost 22% of its health.
Quagsire's leftovers restored its health a little!
: 84%

I run a Curse, Encore set on my Quagsire. It works best later in the game when I know my opponent team's better. Like I said, This isn't the first time me and WeLoveYouMacargo battle each other.
In past battles I sneakly switches Froslass on this very same scenario as he switches Typhlosion out. For that reason I feel he might expect it and therefore stay in, so I will just Earthquake his Typhlosion or whatever comes in.

Quagsire lost 21% of its health.
Quagsire used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Typhlosion lost 62% of its health.
WeLoveYouMacargo's Typhlosion fainted.
WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Milotic.
: 90%
: KO'd
: 100%

Turns out I was right, he did expect me to go to Froslass and he wants to prevent Spikes from being set-up at all costs. Anyway his Typhlosion is dead.
Now, I don't know much about this Milotic, but I do know a Milotic will only switch in on Quagsire if it has Hypnosis, Toxic or HP Grass. Muk can easily take those, except for Hypnosis, but then again I have no sleep absorber. Muk it is.

b is for brutus switched in Muk.
Milotic used Toxic.

Now I think Milotic will stay in since Muk isn't instanly threatening to it. If it's a physically defensive Milotic I have two options of beating it: Exploding Muk or Exploding Steelix. Yeah, I have very reliable Milotic counters.
If it is a specially defensive Milotic, I might be able to beat it one-on-one with Muk. The set I'm running is Substitute, Focus Punch, Poison Jab, Explosion. The safer option here is Substitute, since I can at least Focus Punch the obvious Steelix/Registeel switch-in should they come or Explode on Milotic the following turn should she stay in.

Milotic used Surf.
Muk lost 25% of its health.
Muk used Substitute.
Muk made a substitute!
Muk's leftovers restored its health a little!
: 56%

Her Surfs can barely break my Substitute. Focus Punch is the safer option here: if it doesn't do enough damage, I can always explode the following turn.

Muk is tightening its focus!
Milotic used Surf.
The substitute took damage for Muk!
Muk's substitute faded!
Muk used Focus Punch.
Milotic lost 52% of its health.
Milotic's leftovers restored its health a little!
: 54%

If I sub again I might risk getting in too low health. From the damage Focus Punch did I can assume Poison Jab is a clean 2HKO from here, while she can at best 3HKO me. Poison Jab it is.

Milotic used Surf.
Muk used Poison Jab.
Milotic lost 40% of its health.
Milotic restored 6% of its health.
Muk restored 6% of its health.
: 43%
: 20%

Since she is obviously gonna Recover I have pretty much a free turn. I could stay in and go for the Poison Jab, but that wouldn't be efficient and she would just Recover stall me. Focus Punch would do a little more damage, but not enough and I really don't wanna sit and wait for a CH.
Instead I decide to make use of this free turn to set up at least one layer of Spikes with Froslass.

b is for brutus switched in Froslass.
Milotic used Rest.
Milotic fell asleep!
Milotic restored 80% of its health.
: 100% (SLP)

Now this just couldn't be better. Since it is a Restalk Milotic I have good chances of getting at least two layers of spikes. Now, I can Taunt it but I'm pretty sure my opponent expects it. I'll just go for the Spikes and hope his Sleep Talk picks Rest or that he switches out.

WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Steelix.
Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!

So he did switch out. Between Taunt and Spikes I think Spikes is really the way to go. Despite having two SR weak pokes in Dodrio and Glaceon, they don't care too much about it and my team greatly appreciates Spikes support.

Froslass used Spikes.
Steelix used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

So I'll get three layers. That's fantastic! His Steelix probably gonna kill me now but why would I care. Froslass already did her job.

Froslass used Spikes.
Steelix used Gyro Ball.
It's super effective!
Froslass lost 0% of its health.
b is for brutus's Froslass fainted.
Pointed stones dug into Quagsire.
: 84%

As expected, Froslass was KO'd. My Quagsire isn't all that threatening to Steelix and he knows that. I figure he might try to Roar expecting me to Curse so I'll try to Encore his Gyro Ball, force a switch and possibly set up.

WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Milotic.
Milotic was hurt by Spikes!
Milotic lost 25% of its health.
Quagsire used Encore.
But it failed!
: 90%
: 81% (SLP)

Sigh, looks like I missplayed that. Anyway, time to get rid of that Milotic with Muk. I know you have been waiting for me to explode on it for at least 5 turns!

b is for brutus switched in Muk.
Pointed stones dug into Muk.
Milotic is fast asleep!
Milotic used Sleep Talk.
Milotic used Toxic.
: 43%
: 87%

For a moment I considered the possibility of him switching Steelix in, but in the end I realized he never saw my Muk using Explosion and since I had a lot of opportunities to Explode and didn't, he might think I carry something else in the last moveslot (like Shadow Sneak).
If he does think that, then he has no reason to not just stay in and wake up his Milotic.

Milotic is fast asleep!
Milotic used Sleep Talk.
Milotic used Toxic.
Milotic's attack missed!
Muk used Explosion.
Milotic lost 87% of its health.
WeLoveYouMacargo's Milotic fainted.
b is for brutus's Muk fainted.

BOOM!

b is for brutus switched in Dodrio.
WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Absol
Pointed stones dug into Dodrio.
Absol was hurt by Spikes!
: 75%

Hugh, Absol is kinda tricky. I can't let him SD or I'm.. fucked. But that's ok. He isn't gonna try to set up on Dodrio face, I expect a Sucker Punch so I will Substitute in order to avoid it.

Dodrio used Substitute.
Dodrio lost 25% of its health.
Dodrio made a substitute!
Absol used Psycho Cut.
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Dodrio!
Dodrio's substitute faded!
Dodrio's leftovers restored its health a little!
: 56%

Looks like I was either outpredicted or he doesn't think Dodrio can OHKO his Absol. Anyway, Substitute is the safer move even if he keeps Psycho Cutting. I can't let he SD and that's the only way I can guarantee he won't (and if he does I can just kill him).
Switching to Steelix is too risky since a SD'd Superpower would OHKO. Quagsire can take a hit but can't switch directly and Glaceon can't take a Superpower either.

Absol used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!
Dodrio used Substitute.
Dodrio lost 25% of its health.
Dodrio made a substitute!
: 37%

Oh that's good. Now I believe he will either Sucker Punch or Psycho Cut again, since he wouldn't want to lower his defences. Steelix looks like a safe switch-in because it resists both moves and he hasn't seen him yet.

Dodrio used Baton Pass.
b is for brutus switched in Steelix.
Pointed stones dug into Steelix.
Absol used Psycho Cut.
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Steelix!
Steelix's leftovers restored its health a little!
: 100% + Substitute

Even with the CH the Sub didn't break :)
I can either set up rocks or Gyro Ball something for big damage. I run a near max attack Steelix which really surprises most people as their Clefable takes 50% from an Earthquake or their Uxie is 3HKO'd by Gyro Ball ^_^
Gyro Ball it is.

WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Altaria.
Steelix used Gyro Ball.
Altaria lost 63% of its health.

Now, I don't feel particularly threatened by Altaria, especially behind a substitute. I decide to go for Stealth Rock. If it's the rare Specs Altaria then sure I might be OHKO'd, but it's just easily revenged by Dodrio afterwards.

Altaria used Fire Blast.
Altaria's attack missed!
Steelix used Stealth Rock.

I guess that was the only turn where "hax" had an effect in this battle. But now much anyway. His Altaria is a mixed version that can never OHKO my Steelix, so the result of the battle probably wouldn't change much.
Anyway, now I go for the KO with Gyro Ball, the battle is getting very interessing at this stage.
He has his Altaria (pretty much dead) an Absol, a Steelix and a pokemon I haven't seen yet. I have my Steelix, Dodrio, Glaceon (he haven't seen it) and a Quagsire.

Altaria used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Steelix!
Steelix's substitute faded!
Steelix used Gyro Ball.
Altaria lost 37% of its health.
WeLoveYouMacargo's Altaria fainted.
WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Shaymin.
Shaymin was hurt by Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Shaymin.
: 63%

A Shaymin.. now that isn't too bad. My Steelix can survive just about everything and KO back with Explosion. So I stay in and happily click Explosion.

Shaymin used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Steelix lost 100% of its health.
b is for brutus's Steelix fainted.
b is for brutus switched in Dodrio
: 63%
: 12%

Only to bet met by Specs Shaymin! Who uses that, come on :(
Anyway, he isn't staying in thats for sure! His Absol won't be able to take a Drill Peck and he has a full health Steelix waiting to switch in and wall the fuck out of Dodrio.
Cool.

WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Steelix.
Steelix was hurt by Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Steelix.
Dodrio used Endeavor.
Steelix lost 62% of its health.
: 18%
: 16%

I'm sure he wasn't expecting that :)
(And I'm sure you weren't expecting it either!)
Anyway, I can't KO it with Drill Peck right now, but since Dodrio is dead to SR I might as well just stay in and hit it for lol% damage.

Dodrio used Drill Peck.
Steelix lost 9% of its health.
Steelix used Roar.
b is for brutus switched in Glaceon.
Pointed stones dug into Glaceon.
Glaceon's leftovers restored its health a little!
: 81%
: 13%

My lovely cute thing ^_^ Bulky Wish Glaceon didn't see much use this match but he is usually pretty good. Anyway now I can kill his Steelix as things just get more and more tense!

Glaceon used Ice Beam.
Steelix lost 13% of its health.
WeLoveYouMacargo's Steelix fainted.
Glaceon restored 6% of its health.
WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Absol.
Absol was hurt by Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Absol.
: 87%
: 25%

Ok, while Glaceon can take a Superpower I need it later to handle Shaymin. He knows Glaceon is the only thing separating him from a Shaymin sweep.
Now the question is, will he SD or Superpower?
I can either:
1. 'Predict' a Swords Dance and hit it Ice Beam sealing the match or;
2. Sacrifice Dodrio to Stealth Rock as he tries to Superpower me and finish him with Quagsire, and then maybe survive the Seed Flare with Glaceon and KO it with Ice Beam.
Now, this is such a hard guess :( Well.. just read the following turns.

b is for brutus switched in Dodrio.
b is for brutus's Dodrio fainted.
Absol used Superpower.
But there was no target!

Pointed stones dug into Quagsire.
Absol used Superpower.
Quagsire lost 52% of its health.
Absol's attack was lowered.
Absol's defence was lowered.
Absol lost 10% of its health.
Quagsire used Earthquake.
Absol lost 28% of its health.
WeLoveYouMacargo's Absol fainted.
WeLoveYouMacargo switched in Shaymin.
Shaymin was hurt by Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Shaymin.
: 18%

Shaymin used Seed Flare.
It's super effective!
Quagsire lost 18% of its health.
b is for brutus's Quagsire fainted.
b is for brutus switched in Glaceon.
Pointed stones dug into Glaceon.

Obvious thing to do: Protect for Leftovers recovery.

Glaceon used Protect.
Glaceon protected itself!
Shaymin used Seed Flare.
Glaceon protected itself!
: 68%

So now it all depends on Glaceon taking a specs Seed Flare to the face for less then 68% damage. GREAT!
I honestly have no clue how much damage it does since I never see any Specs Shaymin.

(Highlight Below)

Shaymin used Seed Flare.
Glaceon lost 64% of its health.
Glaceon used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Shaymin lost 26% of its health.
WeLoveYouMacargo's Shaymin fainted.

: 4%

b is for brutus wins!

I would do the props and slops thing but then I realised everyone in my team played a huge role in this battle :)
(And I actually think the whole props and slops thing is dumb, but who cares)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it since it took me a shitload of time to write this!

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
It does 58.68% - 69.16% if it's Timid and 65.37% - 76.45% if Modest.

Since Modest couldn't have done 64% I have to assume he is Timid, so I had a pretty good chance of surviving actually ^_^

Great warstory. It was well written and it's always good to see some less used pokes in there. Only thing I would suggest is put the the number of pokes left on each side after each turn.

I really love your use of the Pokemon that aren't well-represented, applying them in creative ways. However, I don't think the battle was that good. The reason is because your opponent didn't really think ahead at all. In each situation, he simply played the obvious move (i.e., assuming you wouldn't switch).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)