Other A Duck, A Demon, and A Dragon (Hackmons 1v1) Peak 29th

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Hey what's up guys, my name is Twix, and this is an RMT featuring a really fun team to play with tin the Hackmons 1v1 tier. I believe it covers most of the metagame, with each of the three Pokemon pulling their weight in one way or another. This team is generally effective, bar hax, and few combined weaknesses throughout that I've seen through testing. I hit the mark of 1490 ELO on the ladder, then tilted a bit to around 1450. Now that the introduction is out of the way, let's get onto the team itself.
Team Analysis

Cresselia @
/
| Prankster
252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD | Impish
Dark Void | Imprison | Transform | King's Shield

Cresselia is a great Pokemon in the metagame with its large bulk, utilizing a combination of Imprison and Transform which forces a foe to struggle. Dark Void is there to put foes to sleep, while King's Shield is to weaken physical attackers such as Rayquaza, Kyurem-B, and some Diancie. Prankster allows Cresselia to use its moves before foes that aren't using priority moves and are faster. The item comes down to preference between Lum Berry and Mental Herb. Lum Berry heals off status, while Mental Herb can block Taunt, which counters the set entirely.

Gengar-Mega @
| Mold Breaker
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Judgement | Secret Sword | Shell Smash / Ice Beam | King's Shield
Gengar is my obligatory Imposter counter, which doubles as a way to stop those pesky Sturdy Shedinjas and Level 1 Pokemon by virtue of Mold Breaker. Judgement is a strong STAB move, while Secret Sword hits Dark-types. I haven't used Shell Smash much, so I could consider changing it to something which could help me take on Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groudon. King's Shield is just to weaken physical attackers.

Kyurem-Black @
| Refrigerate
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Adamant
Fake Out | Extreme Speed | Spore | King's Shield / Infestation / High Jump Kick

Kyurem-B is my overall powerhouse who can pick off foes in two turns with a combination of Refrigerate Fake Out and Extreme Speed. Spore is used to hit walls attempting to go for a protecting move to block its Fake Out. The last spot can be a couple of different things. King's Shield can help take on Aerialate Mega Rayquaza and other physical attackers while Infestation can be used to take on Sturdy Shedinja and Level 1 Pokemon. High Jump Kick or another Fighting move can be used for the uncommon Steel types.

Links and Stuff

duck (Cresselia) @ Lum Berry / Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dark Void
- Imprison
- Transform
- King's Shield

demon (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Judgment
- Shell Smash / Ice Beam
- King's Shield

dragon (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Spore
- King's Shield / Infestation / High Jump Kick

Thanks for Reading!​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)