SM OU A dagger and a type writer, Volume.1 1856 peak(Mega Audino+Registeel+cofag+blissey stall)And climbing!

UPDATE LADDER PEAK 1856
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-712700167

Hello people of overused I the ken kirihara has came to bring back the heat. This one I call a dagger and a type writer.Well here is the pokepaste and replay proof of 1712,i had a record of 36-4 but I tilted and also i forgot to screenshot so you either believe me or you don't.But yeah 36-4 with 4 unmons is a massive L for the overused tier,join me and bring back the heat like the good ol' days! I stopped laddering due to tilt because 1 if i play more i will lose and i will self harm myself, again and 2 ladder is hella ass so i had one of my greatest minions super random guy to ladder for me,at some point this will be updated to 1800. I know it can get 1800 just I don't have the patience for ladder. As the team gets higher i will update it along with any changes made to it, and if its different enough i might make a new rmt version.
https://pokepast.es/784761f0ecb682ed
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709582060 1712(and climbing)

MY TEAM BUILDING MINDSET

1519870067418.png
1519870120745.png
1519870156809.png

I first started the team with a core of 3 unmons. I wanted to make a fun broken stall team but i had to do it with the at least 4 unmons. The core is simple, Cofagrigus covers for many stall breakers for the teammates like Medicham-Mega and sets up toxic spikes to help stall for the others. Another member is Registeel. Its primary use is for Mawile-Mega with the utilization of counter its a great way to get it out of the game. It also sets up stealth rocks for the team as residual damage to further aid in stalling. Audino-Mega is just a meme pick but as I laddered it is actually a good Pokemon. Its amazing bulk allows it to wall liquidation Crawdaunt, Swampert-Mega, choice banded Tyranitar and even more exclusive to only this stall build. Audino-Mega is the sole reason why i say that this team has potential, because this team has a anti meta aspect that no other stall in the overused tier has that is viable.
1519870690794.png
1519870710586.png
1519870734691.png
1519870762569.png
1519870817454.png

So this was a no brainier to be honest, I really just needed a better way of walling set up Pokemon on both the defensive side and special defensive side. The reason why i used Blissey over Chansey is because due to this team not having magic bounce hazards come a lot more easily. Blissey does not have any use of eviolite so it uses leftovers, and leftovers makes it easier to heal off hazards. It also heals almost all the damage from volt turn , and saves it from rare but possible 2 hit kos from set up Pokemon. Also it has more special defense than Chansey so in this situation Blissey is 100% a better option. Quagsire is the best defensive wall in the game hands down. unaware along with its above average bulk , and the typing making most hits neutral is extremely beneficial to this team.
1519871312453.png
1519871292864.png
1519871275162.png
1519871250740.png
1519871230364.png
1519871334522.png

Lastly I needed a way to 1. defog, 2. wall Kartana, 3. wall Pinsir-Mega, 4. pp stall, 5. beat Toxapex. Magically only an overused Pokemon can do that, ughhh :( I guess we gotta use the big birb Zapdos!! Well you saw the lines above, why are you still reading idiot it does all of that stuff and more so what more do you need to know, shoo go away. STOP READING FFS. Ok im about to end this thread right now if you keep reading

That's what I thought ;)

INDIVIDUAL POKEMON ANALYSIS
1519871653225.png

cartoons ex (Audino-Mega) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
So this Pokemon is basically just supposed to be a big obstacle that's hard to get around. Max hit points along with Max defense with bold allows it to even wall some Crawdaunt sets, even Swampert-mega in rain, choice banded Tyranitar, landorus, Lopunny-Mega, Landorus-Therain and even more! Toxic is just a filler move that is used to slowly kill the Pokemon it walls otherwise it wouldn't work as effectively. Wish in conjunction with protect is for recovery purposes and also for healing wounded members that can't take the risk to heal themselves. Protect also works very well because it allows it to toxic stall, scout sets, and even stall terrain/weather. Dazzling gleam is just for damage purposes just in case its in a sticky situation. This Pokemon is the glue of the team and the team would not function well without it as it walls some very important threats that many teams contain. I suggest leading with this often as it can toxic many other leads and get the Mega off. Speaking of toxic it works well with the next pokemon Cofagrigus! Regenerator is used in case you couldn't get the mega evolution off. Here are some calc's
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 164-195 (40 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Liquidation vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 160-190 (39.1 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega in Rain: 148-175 (36.1 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 169-199 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage

1519872100658.png

void (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Toxic Spikes
Another defensive wall on the team other than the um 2 others? This Pokemon is specifically for Medicham-Mega , and it fits with the team the best other than the other Medicham counters. I also chose it as its not trapped by whirlpool Azumarill. It is able to block spin from leads , and allow it to get toxic spikes vs ho and other teams making the match a lot more easy. Toxic spikes also eases the stall mu vs other stalls(without Sableye-Mega) or other defensive teams.To add to that will-o-wisp can be used to completely neutralize physical threats(as if they arent enough lol). Pain split is for recovery purposes as always . Hex is used as a hard hitting stab attack in conjunction with toxic spikes and will-o-wisp to double its damage. It runs max defense max hit points along with bold to better deal with things like Medicham-Mega and other physical threats in the tier. Leftovers is used for recovery as it doesn't have a very reliable healing move like the other teammates which is why you shouldn't constantly switch it in unless its necessary.

1519872650838.png

mr.robotman (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
This Pokemon was a very interesting pick for my team. its perhaps one of the least known Pokemon in the whole franchise so its a wonder that it got this high. Its main use is to counter Mawile-Mega. I used this specifically as it learns earthquake making the opponent think, hm hes gonna earthquake i need to kill him. Underestimating Registeel's bulk they knock off , or fire fang and it bounces off like a arrow against a Minecraft diamond shield(cringe). Bam it's dead. This Pokemon has special ev's for um something. I forgot them but at the end of this stupid essay I will have some calcs. Anyways you already know the use of counter but as for the other moves. Toxic is used for filler and wears things down for the other teammates , and works with Cofagrigus. Iron head is just a strong stab for damage. Stealth rock is for hazards making this team have a much easier time wearing down teams. Leftovers is used for over time recovery as this Pokemon relies fully on wish support, and its own bulk so i suggest not switching in with it often. Clear body is so its stats are not worn down. Also it's my Tapu Lele counter ^_^ kawaii.
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Registeel: 254-300 (69.9 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery counterable after rocks lol
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Registeel: 230-272 (63.3 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
counterable after rocks lol
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Registeel: 244-291 (67.2 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
do i really need to repeat myself this thing is broken
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Registeel: 194-230 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
ok this needs to stop
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Registeel: 204-242 (56.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
the fuck
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Registeel: 115-136 (31.6 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
no way
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Fire Fang vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Registeel: 306-362 (84.2 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
at plus 2 it doesn't kill at full and even with stealth rock its a roll,ban this fucking thing ou council

1519873474370.png

hillary (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
Very simple Pokemon. So I chose this over Chansey for the special defense which also explains calm nature, and leftovers(stated whole reason in the team building). Works a lot better on this team and as for its moves here's my explanation. I needed a cleric so Blissey fits perfectly. Heal bell for status and having the most hit points in the game meaning that if this thing wish passes to another Pokemon its back at 100% and it can mean game. Seismic toss is for damage purposes as always and soft boiled is used for a faster recovery option in case of a specific situation. Natural cure is the ability of choice so it doesn't need to heal bell itself which is very niche. Max hp max special defense ev's are used for extra special defense walling purposes walling things such as celebrate Victini and specs Greninja.

1519874043775.png

hella dumb mon (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
Another simple Pokemon. Just spare defensive unaware wall in case something sets up. Leftovers like others is for residual recovery to help wall and the nature in conjunction with the ev's of hp with defense make it an ever more potent defensive waller. Scald is for burning physical Pokemon and also works well with Cofagrigus. Toxic is another filler for taking down Pokemon much more easily. It also works well with Cofagrigus. Recover is for hp sustain and earthquake is for Heatran, Magnezone, and for damage purposes. Very simple addition to the team.

1519874405739.png

not so gay (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
Like I said in the team building section this Pokemon was only added due to the need of a defog Pokemon, pp staller, a way to beat Toxapex, a way to beat Kartana, and a way to beat Pinsir-Mega. The pressure ability is used for pp stalling other stalls. Leftovers is used to reduce hazard damage and helps regain hp over time. The defense and hit point ev's along with the bold nature helps it defog on many Pokemon , and wall things like Pinsir or Kartana. The 20 speed is for a speed benchmark for 240. Discharge is your average strong stab , and also has the chance to paralyze Pokemon which can help in getting 2 hit ko's on things like Toxapex. Roost is for hp sustain. Heat wave is to hit steels like Ferrothorn which could otherwise give the team trouble. Defog is for getting hazards away to help the team get a moment to regain its hp back without constant damage.
THREAT LIST

1519875470012.png

Z nasty plot Hoopa: A very big threat, just hope you poison it and try to poison stall it, not much you can do.

1519875835448.png

Z fightium calm mind Tapu Lele: thankfully no one runs this shit but its still a pain. first you need to bait it, go Audino-Mega poison it and then poison stall it. This would probably remove Audino in the process. Never seen one before, but still scary.

1519876778484.png

Cosmic power charge beam Clefable: Screw off Joey. I lose to this 99.9% of the time, i have to get doubles with Quagsire on charge beam, pp stall stored power with Blissey and both as you can infer are very scary ways to remove a threat as any sort of hax means GG.

REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709582060 -1712 peak vs Mawile-Mega balance(still climbing)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709598366 - guy is completely walls out
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709473202 - hyper offense detrsuction
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709573890 - another wall fest
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-709479767 - hail team
best record 36-4

CLOSING
And that is it for my RMT feel free to use the team and try to get even higher! Have any questions about the team? Reply to the thread! Want to give suggestions feel free! But as always, stay memey. Shoutout to super random guy as he helped me play on ladder! Until the next volume see ya around!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey I like this team and I'm gonna try it for myself looks super frustrating lol.

->

The change I would suggest is Registeel for Skarmory, I don't really see what Registeel does that Skamory can't do better, sure its not weak to Electric, but Flying grants you 4x resistances to Bug and Grass, immunity to Ground (which imo is mandatory on stall) and neutrality to Fighting. You have Quag and Blissy to cover pretty much all Fire/Electric types. Though Regi's calcs show impressive bulk, that is a lot of 2HKO's for stall, pretty much all of which are alleviated by Skarmory's flying type. The only thing to watch out for is Thunder Punch Mawile, but the same can be said of Registeel looking out for Fire Fang. With Skarmory you can also Roost on Thunder Punch if above 55% which is nice, where as Registeel has no reliable recovery. The ability to phaze set up sweepers, set rocks and keep Counter, seems like it is a good trade off to me you have a lot of Toxic users already.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Counter

Last edited:
Hey I like this team and I'm gonna try it for myself looks super frustrating lol.

->

The change I would suggest is Registeel for Skarmory, I don't really see what Registeel does that Skamory can't do better, sure its not weak to Electric, but Flying grants you 4x resistances to Bug and Grass, immunity to Ground (which imo is mandatory on stall) and neutrality to Fighting. You have Quag and Blissy to cover pretty much all Fire/Electric types. Though Regi's calcs show impressive bulk, that is a lot of 2HKO's for stall, pretty much all of which are alleviated by Skarmory's flying type. The only thing to watch out for is Thunder Punch Mawile, but the same can be said of Registeel looking out for Fire Fang. With Skarmory you can also Roost on Thunder Punch if above 55% which is nice, where as Registeel has no reliable recovery. The ability to phaze set up sweepers, set rocks and keep Counter, seems like it is a good trade off to me you have a lot of Toxic users already.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
thanks for the rate but the reason I use regi over skarm is for lele,and i can bait fblast with cofa in case. If i used skarm,otherwise i would lose to tapu lele like every game lol.

good luck using it in ladder, i think it can reach mid 1800 but i don't have the patience. If you get higher notify me ok.

Hey Ken Kirihara, stall is not particularly my cup of tea, but i think I can cover your weaknesses and make your team more solid by a good margin.

What is your team weak to?

*At first glance, the team only seems to have the weaknesses you pointed out, so there is no need to repeat those and make this rate unnecessarily longer.

How can you improve your team?

Chansey > Blissey: To be honest, there is close to no reason using Blissey in OU, right now. Chansey does the same thing as Blissey, has a similar movepool, but has better defenses with the Eviolite, so that is why I went with the change.

Magearna > Registeel: Using AV Magearna with wish-pass should cover, almost, all weaknesses you have pointed out to have. Also, the fact that it gets Volt Switches into wish-passers is huge.

Toxapex > Quagsire: This is going to be intertwined with the next change I am going to make. Having Toxapex is obviously huge, since you have Haze for some set-up Pokémon, which is generally nice to have. Additionally, it has access to Tosic and Toxic Spikes, which your team would then lack after the next change.

Clefable > Cofagrigus: Clefable gives you the Unaware Pokémon that I just removed. Besides, I do not think Cofagrigus does that much for your team anyway. Yes, it is a potential nuisance, but that is it, so that is the reason why I made that change.

Mega-Sableye > Mega-Audino: I am incredibly sorry for replacing five Pokémon of your initial team, but Sableye is just needed in so many match-ups. It being able to bounce hazards of any kind is paramount, and that Mega-Audino does not accomplish.

Hope I helped you, man ^^

Hey Ken Kirihara, stall is not particularly my cup of tea, but i think I can cover your weaknesses and make your team more solid by a good margin.

What is your team weak to?

*At first glance, the team only seems to have the weaknesses you pointed out, so there is no need to repeat those and make this rate unnecessarily longer.

How can you improve your team?

Chansey > Blissey: To be honest, there is close to no reason using Blissey in OU, right now. Chansey does the same thing as Blissey, has a similar movepool, but has better defenses with the Eviolite, so that is why I went with the change.

Magearna > Registeel: Using AV Magearna with wish-pass should cover, almost, all weaknesses you have pointed out to have. Also, the fact that it gets Volt Switches into wish-passers is huge.

Toxapex > Quagsire: This is going to be intertwined with the next change I am going to make. Having Toxapex is obviously huge, since you have Haze for some set-up Pokémon, which is generally nice to have. Additionally, it has access to Tosic and Toxic Spikes, which your team would then lack after the next change.

Clefable > Cofagrigus: Clefable gives you the Unaware Pokémon that I just removed. Besides, I do not think Cofagrigus does that much for your team anyway. Yes, it is a potential nuisance, but that is it, so that is the reason why I made that change.

Mega-Sableye > Mega-Audino: I am incredibly sorry for replacing five Pokémon of your initial team, but Sableye is just needed in so many match-ups. It being able to bounce hazards of any kind is paramount, and that Mega-Audino does not accomplish.

Hope I helped you, man ^^
i agree with a lot of points but how do i beat fire fang maw, regi was able to counter it even after an sd after rocks with a roll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)