A Cute Sweep under the Sun

I really love Lilligant and that's why I wanted to make a team around her.
It's also my first attempt at sun.

Ninetales @ leftovers
Drought
Calm
252 hp / 120 sp def / 136 spd

- substitute
- will o wisp
- flamethrower
- hp fighting / protect / roar

Where else would I get the sun from? The specially defensive set seemed the most useful for ninetales which really needs to stay alive as long as possible. The last slot is the most problematic. Currently I use hp fighting just to dent tyranitar and heatran switchins a little. The evs don't really let me deal too much damage. I'd rather be crippling my opponent with burns. I have tried protect which works nicely for stalling those mons that try to set up first. Of course, considering I don't have a phazer roar can be an option. I'm really stuck on this one.

Volcarona @ leftovers
Flame body
Bold
240 hp / 216 def / 52 spe

- quiver dance
- fiery dance
- bug buzz
- morning sun

With sun up this moth hits extremely hard. The bulky variant is used so that it has an easier time setting up quiver dances before healing off the damage with morning sun. Though sun is preferred, with boosts gathered volcarona can also deal with threats in other weathers.

Donphan @ leftovers
Sturdy
Adamant
252 hp / 252 atk / 4 def

- Rapid spin
- earthquake
- ice shard
- stealth rock

Its main job is to keep the field clear so that ninetales doesn't take as much damage all the time and volcarona has a much easier time coming in. I went with max attack so that tyranitar can be eliminated more easily. Ice shard is really handy for picking off weakened foes and I love popping balloons with it. It might be my only answer to sub protect stall gliscor. Stealth rock will deter my opponent from switching too much but without a spinblocker, perhaps stone edge should fill that slot.

Gastrodon @ leftovers
Storm drain
Calm
252 hp / 252 sp def / 4 def

- Toxic
- recover
- earth power
- ice beam

Gastrodon deals very nicely with other weather inducers bar abomasnow, but hail is really not that common. It also stops heatran in its tracks. Its only problem is that it is quite susceptible to toxic itself.

Slowbro @ leftovers
Regenerator
252 hp / 252 def / 4 sp atk

- thunder wave
- ice beam
- flamethrower
- slack off

Slowbro is here to take hits from the physical side and retaliate with ice beam or flamethrower which hit a couple of pokemon in the metagame for 4x damage. Thunder wave cripples opponents further. Slack of and regenerator give it much longevity. It does feel like the most out of place pokemon on the team though.

Lilligant @ leftovers
Chlorophyll
Modest
72 def /252 sp atk / 184 spe

- quiver dance
- sleep powder
- giga drain
- hp fire

Cutest thing ever. The reason to use it over other chlorophyll sweepers is because of quiver dance, which allows it to function even out of sun. Lilligant doesn't have the greatest movepool. I chose hp fire for the steels which may still remain. I believe the rest of my team would have dealt with flying types, fire types, etc accordingly such that Lilligant can have a smooth time as a late game sweeper.

That's it I guess. Please leave behind any suggestions.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey dlcuber,

Your team is solid, but it looks very weak to opposing sun teams, since you have no way of dealing with opposing Chorophyll sweepers such as Venusaur, especially if Stealth Rock is up. You're also a bit weak to Dragon-type attackers, as they can just spam their STAB attacks without fear as you lack any Steel type. For this reason, I think you should use Heatran over Gastrodon, because honestly, you don't need such a especialized a Rain check and you already have Lilligant. Here's the set:

Heatran@Air Balloon | Flash Fire
Timid Nature | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Fire Blast / Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice / Toxic

Your team looks very weak to stall teams too, as your sweepers have a really hard time breaking Blissey. Due to that, you may want to consider using Dragonite over Volcarona. Dragonite provides you with another Ground and Water resist, and it can takes almost every hit thanks to Multiscale, while being able to set up Dragon Dance.

Dragonite@Lum Berry | Multiscale
Adamant Nature | 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance / Outrage / ExtremeSpeed / Fire Punch

Hope I helped!

Thanks for the rate.
I can't believe I forgot to consider Blissey.
I've tried out your suggestions and it seems to be an improvement.

However, I think I might keep Gastrodon as he does deal with Rotom-W very well. Instead, I will replace slowbro, whom I've noticed doesn't contribute as much.

I think I'll have to fit in roar somewhere on Ninetales or Heatran as Gliscor can get annoying.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Heatran can simply OHKO Gliscor with Hidden Power Ice and thanks to Air Balloon Gliscor can't KO it so Roar isn't needed.

I strongly think you shouldn't replace Slowbro as without it Terrakion and Lucario (Fighting types in general) have a field day with your team, Rotom-W isn't that much of an issue as Lilligant stops it well, and Ninetales (thanks to Drought) or Dragonite can always beat Rotom-W if anything goes wrong. So I think you shouldn't get rid of Slowbro, Gastrodon is a lot less important for your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)