ORAS OU A balanced Mega Lopunny team

What rank should mega lopunny be?

• Total voters

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
What's up guys! This is TheGreninjaWarrior21 here, aka DankGreninja215. This is going to be my first RMT :D

IM TRICK SCARF (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

This is the first Pokemon of my team. It is a very good mega, and it destroys a lot of teams by outspeeding the majority of their team and sweeping them late game. You just have to watch out for tank chomp and mega zam and you're good

IM SPECS (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Heatran was the 2nd addition to my team. It goes very well with mega lopunny, and it can outspeed mega zam while also beating talonflame for mega lopunny. Ancient power nearly kills zard y and kills talonflame, and this thing helps to give this team a fairy resist. Overheat is to do more damage to keldeo and azu, making it easier to weaken both of those things.

IM BANDED (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

I was weak to dd eq zard x, as well as keldeo. Av azu also helps out against mega zam, being able to take a psychic from it pretty well and killing it in return. Azumarill can revenge kill a lot of things with aqua jet and can do a lot of damage with it's massive attack stat and huge power. Knock off hits celebi and gets rid of items, which can be nice.

FAT THING (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Hippowdown was my next choice, since i wanted a stealth rocker and i was looking a bit weak to drill and mega manectric/raikou. This thing is extremely fat and hard to take down, and it can win me games :]. I have stone edge over whirlwind just in case if my heatran gets weakened and if i need to kill zard y, since hippo can live a solar beam from zard y 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 346-408 (82.3 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. It can recover vs a lot of things and it can get rid of politoed's drizzle, which can be useful vs. rain.

IM SPECIAL (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

My next pokemon on this team was Celebi. I origionally had a ferrothorn in this slot, but I was so weak to rotom wash that I added this instead. This thing beats quagsire on stalll, beats rotom wash, and has substitute plus swords dance. With sub plus sd, I can potentially get a sub plus sd off vs. bulkier teams and proceed to destroy my opponents team with an azu/mega lopunny at plus 2 behind a sub. Sometimes, I dont even sd and i just sub pass to tran, which sometimes works out. I origionally had recover, but I wanted sub to better support mega lopunny.

IM IRON HEAD (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

The final pokemon on my team was skarmory. I didnt have a ground immunity at this point, and i didn't have too much for lando t, mega gyara, and mega altaria (at least i had scarf tran with flash cannon to check it). I also didn't want to lose to hazard stacking, which is why skarmory was my pokemon of choice. I have roost for recovery. The reason i have brave bird over iron head is because i figured that mega pinsir and mega madicham were bigger threats to my team than mega garde and clef and mega diancie, since I have scarf tran. I also have whirlwind to phase out set up mons such as sd drill under the sand and dd mega gyara or regular gyara.

Threatlist:

This thing destroys my team imao at least mega lopunny revenges with a bit of damage
I dont really have a switch in for this at least i have some things to revenge it

Here's the team
IM TRICK SCARF (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

IM SPECS (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

IM BANDED (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

FAT THING (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

IM SPECIAL (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

IM IRON HEAD (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Replays with the team :D

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey, nice team! I noticed that one mon that looks difficult to defeat is Mega Venusaur. Right now, the only ways you can defeat require Celebi to pass a swords dance to Mega Lopunny or Skarmory, and Celebi will have a hard time setting up due to Venusaur threatening it with Sludge Bomb. Also, I hate to say this, but Scarf Heatran does not outspeed Mega Alakazam. It outspeeds regular Alakazam, but you'll still most likely fall to Focus Blast. For that reason, I think you could run Chople Berry > Choice Scarf as it allows Heatran to take a Focus Blast from various threats like Mega Alakazam, and then deal some major damage back. Now that you aren't using a Choice Scarf, you can attempt to run Magma Storm > Overheat. Magma Storm traps threats like Mega Venusaur, and you'll be able to 2HKO Mega Venusaur with Magma Storm with some prior damage. A great option you can try out is running Taunt, since it helps Heatran defeat threats it traps with Magma Storm as they're unable to use recovery moves to stall out Magma Storm. If you decide to take off Flash Cannon, then you can replace Brave Bird on Skarmory with Iron Head to retain a solid move to defeat fairy types with.

:
>
and Magma Storm > Overheat
Optional: Taunt > Earth Power or Flash Cannon (run Iron Head on Skarmory if you remove Flash Cannon)

Also, you mentioned that Ancient Power is meant for Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y, and it works, but it also has a problem which is that it doesn't get a guarenteed 1HKO, and special defensive Talonflame is able to easily PP Stall it out if you don't get any boosts (which is something you shouldn't really rely upon). These 2 are major threats once Heatran is gone, so you'll definitely want to be able to have Heatran deal with them as swiftly as possible. To have a much easier time defeating them, I think you should run Stone Edge > Ancient Power as it's able to have a 25% chance to 1HKO Special Defensive Talonflame, and an 81.3% chance to 1HKO Mega Charizard Y, which is fantastic considering how Ancient Power doesn't even 1HKO either one. Magma Storm also helps out since it's able to prevent Talonflame and Charizard from switching out, so you'll essentially have a guaranteed KO if you don't miss.

: Stone Edge > Ancient Power

That's it for now, let me know if my suggestions helped or not, and in case of the latter, I'll try to come up with something else. Hope I helped ^_^

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, nice team! I noticed that one mon that looks difficult to defeat is Mega Venusaur. Right now, the only ways you can defeat require Celebi to pass a swords dance to Mega Lopunny or Skarmory, and Celebi will have a hard time setting up due to Venusaur threatening it with Sludge Bomb. Also, I hate to say this, but Scarf Heatran does not outspeed Mega Alakazam. It outspeeds regular Alakazam, but you'll still most likely fall to Focus Blast. For that reason, I think you could run Chople Berry > Choice Scarf as it allows Heatran to take a Focus Blast from various threats like Mega Alakazam, and then deal some major damage back. Now that you aren't using a Choice Scarf, you can attempt to run Magma Storm > Overheat. Magma Storm traps threats like Mega Venusaur, and you'll be able to 2HKO Mega Venusaur with Magma Storm with some prior damage. A great option you can try out is running Taunt, since it helps Heatran defeat threats it traps with Magma Storm as they're unable to use recovery moves to stall out Magma Storm. If you decide to take off Flash Cannon, then you can replace Brave Bird on Skarmory with Iron Head to retain a solid move to defeat fairy types with.

:
>
and Magma Storm > Overheat
Optional: Taunt > Earth Power or Flash Cannon (run Iron Head on Skarmory if you remove Flash Cannon)

Also, you mentioned that Ancient Power is meant for Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y, and it works, but it also has a problem which is that it doesn't get a guarenteed 1HKO, and special defensive Talonflame is able to easily PP Stall it out if you don't get any boosts (which is something you shouldn't really rely upon). These 2 are major threats once Heatran is gone, so you'll definitely want to be able to have Heatran deal with them as swiftly as possible. To have a much easier time defeating them, I think you should run Stone Edge > Ancient Power as it's able to have a 25% chance to 1HKO Special Defensive Talonflame, and an 81.3% chance to 1HKO Mega Charizard Y, which is fantastic considering how Ancient Power doesn't even 1HKO either one. Magma Storm also helps out since it's able to prevent Talonflame and Charizard from switching out, so you'll essentially have a guaranteed KO if you don't miss.

: Stone Edge > Ancient Power

That's it for now, let me know if my suggestions helped or not, and in case of the latter, I'll try to come up with something else. Hope I helped ^_^

Thanks for the suggestions I will be sure to try them out I gave skarmory iron head and heatran magma storm and taunt do u think that I should change the Heatran spread at all?

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Thanks for the suggestions I will be sure to try them out I gave skarmory iron head and heatran magma storm and taunt do u think that I should change the Heatran spread at all?
You can run 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpA since you're no longer using the scarf, and if you want a fast bulky Heatran, you could also try out 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe still with a Timid nature.
If you choose to run the 1st one, you'll be able to switch into Mega Alakazam, so it will have already traced another ability, and you have a small chance to actually 1HKO it with Stealth Rock Damage.

252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Alakazam: 171-202 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (Stealth Rock will leave it with 8-20% depending on your roll, and Magma Storm deals an additional 12% at the end of the turn, so if you leave it with less than 12% left, you'll KO it.)

The bulky set allows you to take hits a lot better from Talonflame and Mega Venusaur, as well has take Focus Blast slightly better than the other set.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chople Berry Heatran: 144-170 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Chople Berry Heatran: 144-170 (37.4 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This set also gives you a chance to actually survive a High Jump Kick from a Jolly Mega Medicham if you're at full health.

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Heatran: 337-397 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Heatran: 337-397 (104.3 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Reactions: GW

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
You can run 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpA since you're no longer using the scarf, and if you want a fast bulky Heatran, you could also try out 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe still with a Timid nature.
If you choose to run the 1st one, you'll be able to switch into Mega Alakazam, so it will have already traced another ability, and you have a small chance to actually 1HKO it with Stealth Rock Damage.

252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Alakazam: 171-202 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (Stealth Rock will leave it with 8-20% depending on your roll, and Magma Storm deals an additional 12% at the end of the turn, so if you leave it with less than 12% left, you'll KO it.)

The bulky set allows you to take hits a lot better from Talonflame and Mega Venusaur, as well has take Focus Blast slightly better than the other set.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chople Berry Heatran: 144-170 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Chople Berry Heatran: 144-170 (37.4 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This set also gives you a chance to actually survive a High Jump Kick from a Jolly Mega Medicham if you're at full health.

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Heatran: 337-397 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Heatran: 337-397 (104.3 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Ok thanks for the suggestions i'm gonna go with the bulkier one do u think that the skarmory set should change? Maybe it should to take on mega gardevoir and mega alakazam better idk although I do use skarmory to help beat mega gyara so idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)