SM OU 6-0 so far, 1601 elo, how can I improve the team?

The Team
Fayari's Team.png

This team photo actually looks really nice.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

User Look Up: https://pokemonshowdown.com/users/fayari

Rating (at the time of this post):
1601 elo.png

Context: This is just the current iteration of my team. They're all the same pokemon from my previous RMT, but I've changed some of their movesets. I'm not quite as inexperienced as before, but I believe there's always room for improvement. Please help me improve. Thank you.

Previous RMT: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-1441-elo-how-can-i-improve-the-team.3628975/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch​

Role: Conkeldurr is my most frequent Lead, and is my main Physical Attacker. Conkeldurr's main job on my team is basically to take out as many enemies as he can before going down. Conkeldurr is very slow, but he is bulky enough to take multiple hits. Furthermore, Sheer Force + Life Orb + 252 Atk + Adamant makes Conkeldurr hit VERY hard, enough to OHKO a lot of common enemies like Landorus-T, Greninja-Ash, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar-Mega, Garchomp, etc.

Coverage: Fire Punch deals with Bug, Grass, Ice, and Steel types. Thunder Punch deals with Flying and Water types. Ice Punch deals with Dragon, Grass, and Ground types, as well as Flying types who resist Thunder Punch. Mach Punch is mainly there in case Conkeldurr doesn't outright OHKO the enemy and needs to hit first on the next turn.

Note: This particular ability + item set, and EV spread is the result of my personal experimentation. I tried running 248 HP instead of SpD, but got sick of having to switch Conkeldurr out because I knew he wouldn't survive a Special Attack that I didn't want any of my other Pokemon to eat. I also tried the Guts + Flame Orb set and found that my Ice Punch was not OHKOing enemy Defensive Landorus-T as often as it did with the Sheer Force + Life Orb set.
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 338-400 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 296-352 (77.4 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Weaknesses: Fairy, Flying, and Psychic attacks utterly destroy Conkeldurr, so that's where Ferrothorn comes in.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Role: Ferrothorn is one of my Walls against most Pokemon because of his fantastic Grass Steel typing. Ferrothorn is dedicated completely to annoying enemy Pokemon. Leech Seed + Leftovers + Protect keeps Ferrothorn very healthy. Stealth Rock is my Entry Hazard of choice to deal with Fire-type Sweepers like Heatran, Charizard, and Volcarona. I put Toxic in there after noticing just how many times I found myself wanting to switch to Toxapex but couldn't because of the threat of Ground, Electric, and Psychic attacks.

Coverage: Technically none, because Ferrothorn doesn't attack.

Note: I've experimented with Knock-Off instead of Toxic to hit Psychic types for super-effective damage and to piss off enemy Pokemon who rely on their items to set up, but prefer the ability to put enemy pokemon on a death timer. I'm currently thinking of replacing Toxic with Thunder Wave to hit Steel and Poison types.

Weaknesses: Fire and Fighting attacks demolish Ferrothorn, so Toxapex comes in against those.

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
Role: Toxapex, as the tankiest, most annoying Pokemon I could find, serves as my second wall along with Ferrothon. Water Poison is fantastic against a lot of attack types. Black Sludge keeps Toxapex healthy and more often than not turns 2HKOs into 3HKOs. Recover + Toxic means that most Pokemon basically kill themselves against Toxapex. Haze deals with enemy Pokemon who want to set up against Toxapex. As long as I don't switch Toxapex into Electric, Ground, or Psychic attacks, I can alternate Toxapex with Ferrothorn to halve most attack types. Between the two of them, I can also get rid of Toxic Spikes completely, although those aren't as common.

Coverage: Scald is for Fire, Ground, and Rock types, as well as for Steel and Poison types who can't be poisoned.

Note: I've considered replacing Toxic with Toxic Spikes, but I feel like everyone has at least one Poison type that can absorb Toxic Spikes nowadays. Either that or a defogger that easily switches into it. Plus, any targets that would get hit by Toxic Spikes anyway would probably better serve as targets for Toxic. The 120 SpD EV's are to ensure that Toxapex can take three Earth Powers from Modest (+SpA, -Atk) 252 SpA Heatran while also having enough Defense to take three Leaf Blades from Adamant (+Atk, -SpA) 252 Atk Kartana before fainting.
252+ SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 120+ SpD Toxapex: 134-158 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 140 Def Toxapex: 132-156 (43.5 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
Weaknesses: Electric, Ground, and Psychic attacks will utterly annihialate Toxapex, so Latias-Mega completes my defensive core.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
Role: Latias-Mega's main role is basically to safely tank a hit and Defog, though she functions as a decent Special Attacker due to her naturally high Sp Atk. Latias-Mega is both tankier, and faster than Landorus-T, and her fantastic Dragon Psychic typing gives resistances against Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Fighting, and Psychic type attacks. Levitate means I can switch Latias-Mega into Ground type moves from enemy Heatran and Landorus-T and not worry about losing health. Plus, Recover is there so that Latias-Mega can recover HP after switching into a hit.

Coverage: I initially had Draco Meteor, but decided that Ice Beam could do the same job while providing better coverage and not lowering Latias-Mega's Sp Atk. Ice Beam deals with Dragon, Grass, Ground, and Flying types. The main difference between this and my previous team's iteration is the addition of Earthquake instead of Psychic. Earthquake is there because I really wanted better coverage against Fire types (and Steel types) in the Tier, who often carry Earthquake or Earthpower themselves to deal with Toxapex.

Note: I actually wanted to use Surf instead of Earthquake, since Latias-Mega's Atk stat isn't nearly as good as her SpA, but Surf actually deals less damage than Earthquake against the most common targets of Heatran, Charizard-Mega X, and Magearna.
EARTHQUAKE
Heatran
0- Atk Latias-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 248-292 (64.2 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Charizard-Mega X 0- Atk Latias-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 120-142 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Magearna 0- Atk Latias-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 114-136 (37.8 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

SURF
Heatran
0 SpA Latias-Mega Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 166-196 (43 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Charizard-Mega X 0 SpA Latias-Mega Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 99-117 (33.3 - 39.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Magearna 0 SpA Latias-Mega Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 77-91 (25.5 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Weaknesses: Bug, Dark, Fairy, Dragon, Ice, and Ghost type attacks hit Latias-Mega hard, so I have to be careful when I'm switching her into Pokemon who typically run those attack types. Latias is also basically a momentum-sink due to how I use her. I switch her in, take a hit, then Recover the damage away, giving the enemy time to freely switch in.

____________________________________________________​

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Role: Tapu Lele is my main Special Sweeper. I found myself being outsped a lot, so Choice Scarf felt like the logical Choice item to use, since Tapu Lele's Sp Atk is high enough to OHKO a lot of faster threats like Greninja-Ash, Tapu Koko, and Mega-Alakazam after Stealth Rock damage.

Coverage: Psyshock deals with Fighting and Poison types, as well as any generally Specially Defensive Pokemon who might look to safely switch into Tapu Lele. Moonblast usually OHKOs any Dark and Dragon types. Thunderbolt came on as a result of my encountering what I feel is an unusual amount of Water and Flying types in the metagame recently. Hidden Power Fire is there mainly to OHKO Kartana.
252 SpA Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 632-744 (243 - 286.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Weaknesses: The main thing to watch out for when Tapu Lele is active is Steel types like Magearna, Heatran, Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Kartana, and even Jirachi sometimes. Their Steel STAB attacks like Flash Cannon or Iron Head outright OHKOs Tapu Lele. Poison and Ghost type attacks aren't as common, but occasionally a surprise Shadow Ball also OHKOs Tapu Lele, and so do powerful STAB moves like Earthquake because of Tapu Lele's weak Defense.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect
Role: Zygarde rounds out the current team and is my Physical Sweeper. Since Tapu Lele and Latias functioned as my Special Attackers, I really wanted a second Physical Attacker for after Conkeldurr goes down. I needed a Pokemon that had access to a Ground type move that could smack down Flying types like Zapdos and Celesteela, as well as Levitate and Air Balloon users. Substitute + Dragon Dance + Protect + Leftovers not only makes Zygarde completely amazing as a Set-up Sweeper, they also make him function as a great Wall against actual Wall Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Toxapex.

Coverage: Thousand Arrows hits Steel, Fire, Poison, and Rock types super-effectively. After 2-3 Dragon Dances, Zygarde can cleanly sweep entire teams because there is no Pokemon immune to it.

Note: 248 HP EVs gives Zygarde massive Substitutes that can withstand a lot of punishment, including Chancey's Seismic Tosses with HP to spare.

Weaknesses: Dragon, Fairy, and especially Ice type attacks wreck Zygrade, so my other Pokemon have to handle those threats first before Zygarde can truly sweep.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Obvious Strengths (that even a noob like me can see):
1. Conkeldurr, Zygarde, Latias-Mega, and Tapu Lele can all sometimes Sweep.
2. Forces a lot of Switches for free damage, and Stealth Rock adds even more free damage.
3. Ferrothorn + Toxapex are super-annoying Walls that make enemy pokemon hurt themselves.
4. My team has access to lots of HP recovery.
5. Defog means my team isn't very vulnerable to Entry Hazards.

Obvious Weaknesses (that even a noob like me can see):
1. No Knock Off - I really enjoy removing items, especially on Pokemon that rely on them to really function like Heatran.
2. No U-Turn/Volt Switch - Switching requires a lot more prediction now without Landorus-T's U-Turn.
3. Can't really deal well with huge Wall teams like Chansey + Clefable + Sableye-mega + Tangrowth.
4. Because of my choice to replace Psychic with Earthquake, Mega-Venusaur has become a huge threat because of its Grass Poison typing and its Ability, Thick Fat. None of my Pokemon except for Tapu Lele can hit it hard enough, and I don't like switching Tapu Lele in until as late as possible to ensure it's healthy enough to sweep.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not all of my Pokemon are top tier. But their synergy has allowed me to reach as far as I have. Like I said earlier though, there's always room for improvement. Please help me improve. Thank you.​

Full Importable:
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Serious Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Defog

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

Flame from Heaven Btw your team looks pretty weak to Zygarde so I would change Latias to Defog Mew
Thanks for the suggestion! I hope you don't mind me quoting you on the post itself so that I could properly reply.

I will of course try Defog Mew, though I haven't particularly found enemy Zygardes to be problematic. Ice Beam on Latias and Ice Punch on Conkeldurr can both usually OHKO Zygarde if it's Offensive.
0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 360-428 (100.5 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 324-384 (90.5 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

If it's Defensive, it's not gonna OHKO either Latias-Mega or Conkeldurr.
140+ Atk Zygarde Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 278-330 (76.5 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
140+ Atk Zygarde Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 169-201 (48.1 - 57.2%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO

Even if Zygarde gets to set-up, Toxapex can survive a +1 Thousand Arrows and Haze his stat changes away.
140+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 140 Def Toxapex: 156-186 (51.4 - 61.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

And even if I misplay and switch Latias-Mega into a boosted Outrage, I have Choice Scarf Tapu Lele which speed-ties +1 Dragon Dance Zygarde.

Felixx

I'm back.
First off, let's see what type of team you made. Hmmm, it looks like you made a Balance sort of archetype, and Conk seems out of place because (I think it has potential in the OU tier on a more offensively minded team however).

I'll go through the other members first, then I'll see what can fit in place of Conk.

Everything seems okay here, tho Protect and Toxic could both be replaced by Knock Off to remove items and Power Whip for an offensive presence, Protect is mostly for making sure you don't overwhelmed by Lando and Ash-Gren, but Pex covers the Ash-Gren weakness, if you want you even do a more Phys Def spread to deal with Lando-T and Zygarde a little better and although this does however weaken the already problematic Lele match-up since you can't revenge kill it well, and Toxic dosen't really help with much besides Lucha, but then T-wave would make more sense, and it also deals with Kart and Heatran switch-ins unlike Toxic.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Standard Pex. Everything good here, but I will mention that T-spikes plus SubTect Zygarde is a very good combination, but not necessary.

I'd change Lele to a Z-move breaker variant, specifically Z-Psyshock to allow it to break past Bulu and support Zygarde. A Timid or Modest nature really depends on you, personally I like Modest on all the non-scarf sets however.
Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Timid / Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 282-333 (82.2 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Let's make this Zygarde spread more standard.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

This spread prevents Seismic Toss from breaking the Sub, and outruns M-Lop at +1. Now a lot of different Zygarde sets could actually fit on the team, but that's your decision (CB, Weakness Policy, SubToxic).

I'd change M-Latias to M-LatiOs, and change the set to...
Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

And finally to round out the team and function as the new defogger...

Scarf Kart gives the team a form of both speed control and hazard control. Standard set, not much to say.
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Enjoy!

Last edited:
First off, let's see what type of team you made. Hmmm, it looks like you made a Balance sort of archetype, and Conk seems out of place because (I think it has potential in the OU tier on a more offensively minded team however).

I'll go through the other members first, then I'll see what can fit in place of Conk.

Everything seems okay here, tho Protect and Toxic could both be replaced by Knock Off to remove items and Power Whip for an offensive presence, Protect is mostly for making sure you don't overwhelmed by Lando and Ash-Gren, but Pex covers the Ash-Gren weakness, if you want you even do a more Phys Def spread to deal with Lando-T and Zygarde a little better and although this does however weaken the already problematic Lele match-up since you can't revenge kill it well, and Toxic dosen't really help with much besides Lucha, but then T-wave would make more sense, and it also deals with Kart and Heatran switch-ins unlike Toxic.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Standard Pex. Everything good here, but I will mention that T-spikes plus SubTect Zygarde is a very good combination, but not necessary.

I'd change Lele to a Z-move breaker variant, specifically Z-Psyshock to allow it to break past Bulu and support Zygarde. A Timid or Modest nature really depends on you, personally I like Modest on all the non-scarf sets however.
Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Timid / Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 282-333 (82.2 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Let's make this Zygarde spread more standard.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

This spread prevents Seismic Toss from breaking the Sub, and outruns M-Lop at +1. Now a lot of different Zygarde sets could actually fit on the team, but that's your decision (CB, Weakness Policy, SubToxic).

I'd change M-Latias to M-LatiOs, and change the set to...
Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

And finally to round out the team and function as the new defogger...

Scarf Kart gives the team a form of both speed control and hazard control. Standard set, not much to say.
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Enjoy!
Thanks for the reply! Those are some very interesting changes, and I look forward to trying them out.

Some concerns with your suggestions though:

1. Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn is definitely the first on the list of things I'll try, but I really don't want to give up Protect for an Offensive move like Knock Off or Power Whip because I use Protect to scout enemy moves constantly.

2. Replacing Choice Scarf for Psychium Z on Tapu Lele doesn't sound very appealing to me. I'm still gonna try it of course, but Choice Scarf Tapu Lele doesn't really need any help breaking past any of the common Zygarde builds, and my Ice Beam Latias-Mega currently treats Tapu Bulu as "Leisurely Recover Time" because Tapu Bulu's strongest move can't OHKO Latias-Mega.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 207-243 (57 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

3. The one suggestion I'm definitely not trying out is the Latias to Latios change. I'm sorry, but I rely too heavily on my Ferrothorn, Toxapex, Latias defensive core, and changing Defensive Latias-Mega to Offensive Latios-Mega would completely ruin that. Just Magearna for example would eat Offensive Latios-Mega alive with a single Fleur Cannon, while Defensive Latias-Mega can basically face-tank all of Magearna's Fleur Cannons (because of Roost + the SpA decrease).
252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 408-480 (135.5 - 159.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 300-354 (82.6 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4. I'm definitely gonna try out your Kartana suggestion, because Choice Scarf Kartana sounds very fun. I'm just worried that my coverage would suffer without the Sheer Force + Life Orb elemental punches that Conkeldurr brings. I'm also worried about enemy Special Attackers getting free reign on my team because Kartana literally can't take a Special Attack to save its life. Conkeldurr can easily take a special attack that would floor Kartana and revenge-kill whoever hit him.

That's about it. Again, thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate them!

Hey, that's a cool team you have there. For a beginner, I think you've managed too build a solid enough build. However, this team still has some problems, both from a teambuilding standpoint due to some suboptimal sets and mons and because it struggles against some top metagame threats such as Zygarde, Greninja, Tapu Lele, and archetypes such as classic hazard stack balance / bulky offense which can pressure your defensive core with hazards + strong wallbreaker and often carry mons such as Greninja or Tyranitar which can pressure your Latias.

The first and only major change I'll suggest you is Defensive Landorus-T > Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr itself isn't a viable Mon in the current meta because of how slow and easy to pressure it is. It's only real niche was on veil teams which have mainly fallen off now. Landorus-T offers you a lot of defensive utility by giving you a physical wall to check the likes of Zygarde, Hawlucha, Kartana and many other physical attackers as well as a Stealth Rock user (which means ferro will have Spikes). I'd advise you to run Toxic on it in order to cripple Hawlucha and therefore beat it 1v1.

other tweaks and comments:

• I'd suggest you to change Ferrothorn's moveset to Power Whip | HP Fire | Spikes | Leech Seed. It gives it a powerful stab to hit water and ground types super effectively, or just hit other things neutrally just so you can have some damage. I suggested HP Fire rather than Knock Off because the team is still fairly weak to Kartana, which can be lured with this move. It also hits opposing ferros as well as m-scizor; the latter being taken down (or severely weakened) by the combination of hp fire + leech seed + iron barbs.
  • Next, I'd suggest you CM Stored Power M-Latias > Defog as I feel this set suits your team better by giving it another strong win condition which works wonders with hazards. While it does mean losing hazard removal, I think it's pretty good to make up for the team's passivity as it takes advantage of many threatening mons to your team, including Kartana, hazard setters like Ferrothorn and Toxapex, and can even beat Pokemons that would normally beat it such as M-Scizor thanks to reflect type.
  • Now, I'd advise you to do Toxic Spikes > Toxic on Toxapex. I know you said you prefer toxic but I think toxic spikes fits even better with your new team which really relies on hazards to weaken the opposing team. Toxic Spikes allow you to poison some targets ( such as dark-types which is crucial for m-latias to work) which helps both of your sweepers to set-up a sweep.
  • Another really small change here but I'd recommend you Focus Blast > Thunderbolt on Tapu Lele to hit super effectively Heatran and other steel types which is, imo, better than than tbolt which only hits Celesteela and won't do much to it anyways.
  • Lastly, I'd change Zygarde's spread to 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe Adamant which outspeeds M-Lopunny at +1, gives it 101 HP subs (which means they aren't broken by Chansey's Seismic Toss) and just gives it more attacking power.

Import - here

Last edited:
Hey Fayari! I have seen both of the RMT's, and while I think all changes are relatively solid, I do think there is still some tweaking to be done.

What is your team weak to?
: I am using the Chansey as a stall icon here. I believe that it is close to impossible for you to actually break stall, since almost your entire team cannot break Clefable/Quagsire + Chansey. They also have Sableye for insurance and can heal all of the statuses that you, may or may not, have used on certain Pokémon. I am going to mainly focus on that exact weakness.​
: While your team is not blatantly weak to it, it does get annyoed by Tyranitar quite a bit. Mega-Latias is not exactly the best of all Pokémon to lure it in, since Earthquake is not even a 2HKO on it. Your Tapu Lele also gets constantly pressured by it. You always have to keep in mind that Tapu Lele can only kill Pokémon with very specific moves (Moonblast/Focus Blast).​
How can you improve the team?
>
:
I think this change is necessary because -in my eyes- scarfed Tapu Lele does not do much for your team in terms of breaking stall. Clefable on the other hand, gives you a setter that actually does get up the Stealth Rocks versus Sableye. It is also a pretty sustainable Pokémon, making it be a really reliable pick against stall on bulky offensive and balanced teams. Lastly, it frees up a slot on Ferrothorn, which, in most cases, is going to be used for Spikes.​

>
:
This pick was made to free up a Mega-Latias slot. Gliscor's job on this team is to be a Sableye wall in stall match-ups and to be a reliable remover, which I could definitely see it being on this team. Taunt is there to shut down Pokémon such as Ferrothorn from setting up hazards, or to prevent Zapdos' from defogging.​

>
:
This change was made out of two reasons: For one, Conkeldurr is way too slow to be able to do something (already pointed out by MFJr King). For two, Terrakion has better coverage (STABs that hit almost every Pokémon in the tier) than Conkeldurr.​
Set change (
): I would consider running Spikes on Ferrothorn now, since it helps your Terrakion and Mega-Latias beating balances and offenses more reliably. Power Whip is a necessity on most teams, since a lot of the teams do find themselves struggling with Mega-Swampert. Knock Off would be the last suggested move, since Knock Off support is otherwise lacking on the team.​
Set change (
):
I decided to be a little creative and make this a Reflect Type set with Bolt-Beam coverage. It should take care of most threats like Zygarde or Tyranitar. Thunderbolt + Ice Beam hits pretty much anything in the tier, hence I think the Pokémon should turn out as one of the MVPs on the team.​
Conclusion: The team was okay before, I do think I have patched up some weaknesses though, especially in regards to stall.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)