5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
does it only work while in unova link? i can't just save in game regularley and look at the spinne? I guess that's what I was asking in the first place, if it doesn't work that way then it's fine.
If you have an iOS device, PPRNG on iOS supports what you're talking about.

does flying advance either the PIDRNG or IV frame? I need to move a poke from the PC to my party in a center without any moving NPCs, then fly to the location I need to rng in.

does flying advance either the PIDRNG or IV frame? I need to move a poke from the PC to my party in a center without any moving NPCs, then fly to the location I need to rng in.
Just do what you need to and go back to wherever you need to RNG, save and restart your game again to RNG.

Just do what you need to and go back to wherever you need to RNG, save and restart your game again to RNG.
I meant that I need to remove a poke from the PC to advance the IV frame by 7, then walk/bike how ever many steps to do the rest.
edit: now that I think about it, I'll pass by too many moving NPCs on my way there. so NVM i guess

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I meant that I need to remove a poke from the PC to advance the IV frame by 7, then walk/bike how ever many steps to do the rest.
edit: now that I think about it, I'll pass by too many moving NPCs on my way there. so NVM i guess
If you're attempting shaking spot RNG; the way I would suggest handling the IV frame would be:
• Decide on how many Pokémon you need in your party for this particular capture, call this number N.
(This could be 2 Chatots, your capture Pokémon, a synchroniser (or similar, if required) and any HM slaves needed to reach the location.)

• Perform the search with an IV Frame of N+1.
(If you're also going for a PID frame, then it's trickier. You'll want to aim for one relatively high, to account for frames advanced by walking/NPCs. In caves I would suggest ~1500 or so; on grass (if there are no NPCs and you can perform steps not in the grass) then ~800 should suffice.)

• Once you get to your spot, hit your seed as usual.
(You can confirm you hit your seed with (say) 10 Chatot pitches.)

• Now your aim is to walk around precisely 128 steps, and end up stood next to a shaking spot. If one appears during your steps, approach it (do not enter) and finish your steps going 1 away, and one back. This should advance the IV Frame to N+1.
(If one does not appear in your 128 steps, you're gonna have to hit your seed again, and try walking in a different pattern.)

• Once you've done this, use Chatot pitches to work out your current PID Frame.
(The way I have done this is to scroll through the list of Chatot pitches in your RNG Application, and find a selection that will stand out and will be higher than the frame you're on; for example, [Lo,Lo,Lo,Lo,Lo] starting at frame ~1000. Now just keep listening to Chatots until you hear that pattern occur, at which point you proceed advancing your frame as usual.
One thing to note: the final step into the shaking spot does not advance the PID Frame like most steps in an area which might encounter a Pokémon would, so stop 1 before your target frame as usual.)

• Encounter your Pokémon, and bingo :).

Last edited:
The RNG I'm trying is not shaking spot, just regular wild. I only need 50 chatots to reach the frame, which should be fine since the number of npcs to the location isn't too crazy.

Thanks for the help, guess what I need to do now is try and hit that frame, and see if it's possible.

A couple of other quick questions, what the hell causes weather in BW2? Doesn't seem to be the time I set the DS, and it's really annoying to have to wait for it go away before I can use sweet scent. Is there a way to change that? NVM figured it out :)

Also, after I hit my IV frame and then use sweet scent to see where I'm starting on the PID, I got some starting frames like 50 or even a 100 after the initial that was listed in RNG reporter. Do moving NPCs affect the frame even when they are off-screen but in the same area?

Edit: RNG reporter says my starting frame was 52, but after biking with repels to hit my IV frame, and no PID advancements, the pokemon i get seems to be on frame 445 with the right IVs. Why??

Last edited:

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
A couple of other quick questions, what the hell causes weather in BW2? Doesn't seem to be the time I set the DS, and it's really annoying to have to wait for it go away before I can use sweet scent. Is there a way to change that? NVM figured it out :)

Also, after I hit my IV frame and then use sweet scent to see where I'm starting on the PID, I got some starting frames like 50 or even a 100 after the initial that was listed in RNG reporter. Do moving NPCs affect the frame even when they are off-screen but in the same area?

Edit: RNG reporter says my starting frame was 52, but after biking with repels to hit my IV frame, and no PID advancements, the pokemon i get seems to be on frame 445 with the right IVs. Why??
NPCs always affect your PID, even if you cannot see them. About your edit, walking/cycling and turning also advances your PID frame, 2 per step or turn.

oh. i thought only walking/turning in grass advanced your PID?

So is there nothing to be done about the moving NPCs I can't see?

Do NPCs stop advancing the PID frame once I open up the menu to view use chatots?

Last edited:

Buckert

Does the step you have to take to get into the shaking spot advance the PID with 2? Got the first one with luck, but now I'm calculating everything so I can capture shinies from shaking spots as well.

Did 187 steps with 33 turns, advanced my PID frame with 440. Starting frame is 50, so I was currently on frame 490. Then I checked RNG Reporter, frame 492 was Jolly 50% Female, frame 494 was Jolly 50% male. So I though, 2 Chatters and walk into the shaking spot, but that gave me the female from frame 492?

Edit: Already found my answer.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
oh. i thought only walking/turning in grass advanced your PID?
So is there nothing to be done about the moving NPCs I can't see?
Do NPCs stop advancing the PID frame once I open up the menu to view use chatots?
Many things advance your PID. Walking/turning in grass, listening to custom Chatot cries. But then the less controllable things; weather, NPCs, battle RNG, etc.

The NPCs stop advancing your frame once you open the menu.
You can account for the NPCs you can't see:
  • They may have advanced your frame by ~3–10 by the time you open up your menu. You will have to carefully check Chatot pitches close to the start to find a match to what you hear.
  • Once you've confirmed you hit your seed, and how many frames they've advanced your starting frame by, continue to advance your frame as usual.

Trial and Error:
  • I would suggest stopping (say) 5 before you normally would for the RNG in question. This way, in the time you exit the menu for sweet scent / pressing A, etc. they may advance you the additional frames.
  • Once you encounter/receive the Pokémon, check its IVs, ability, gender, nature, (and in the case of wild Pokémon, encounter slot). This will usually be enough information for you to tell which frame you did hit.
  • Account for the difference and try again.

• To illustrate this. Say you were aiming for frame 200. You stop advancing at frame 195 and trigger the encounter. Once you check the stats you find the Pokémon was generated on frame 203. 203-195 = 8; 200-8 = 192. So when you try again, you would stop advancing at frame 192.

Note: This isn't an exact science. They don't advance the frames at a constant speed, so you may have to do a bit of trial and error.
Does the step you have to take to get into the shaking spot advance the PID with 2?
I appreciate you found your answer, but for the sake of reference; no it does not.

Been having massive problems trying to hit my targets.

I'm trying to get a shiny magnemite from the virbank complex via standard wild pokemon RNG.

This in the outside area of the virbank complex, and regarding that, there are no moving NPCs here unless I move to virbank city/inner virbank city. Question: do the NPCs in Virbank city affect this area? When I move to it, the screen doesn't go black but it tells me I've moved to a different location.

Will turning count toward steps when using repel? Does walking into a regular patch of grass still only advance the IV frame by 2?

Buckert

Been having massive problems trying to hit my targets.

I'm trying to get a shiny magnemite from the virbank complex via standard wild pokemon RNG.

This in the outside area of the virbank complex, and regarding that, there are no moving NPCs here unless I move to virbank city/inner virbank city. Question: do the NPCs in Virbank city affect this area? When I move to it, the screen doesn't go black but it tells me I've moved to a different location.

Will turning count toward steps when using repel? Does walking into a regular patch of grass still only advance the IV frame by 2?
1 step = 1 turn = 2 frames for the IV frame.

And no the NPCs in Virbank City cannot affect that area.

Buckert

where is the ability table for RNG? knowing which ability is one or zero should help identify frames a little better...
In the top left corner of the main window from the RNG Reporter, there's a Pokédex button. You can pick a Pokémon and you can see whihc abilities it can have and which is 0 and which is 1.

Edit: Or just check Serebii.net, the ability listed on top is 0, the one below is 1.

Trying to hit a PID frame of 527, with an IV frame of 6. so i'm walking/running/turning 128 steps, on the 126th step i stop parallel to the grass, then for 127 i turn to face the grass, and on 128 i step in to the grass.

Immediately using sweet scent gives me an elekid with the spread I want (got this one twice). Searching the RNG reporter, the first three elekid that seem to match the one I caught are on frames 55, 452, and 1087.

Being that the starting frame is 48 and 128x2 steps is 256, it seems like the one on frame 452 is the most likely one I got. Trying to confirm this by going for the poke that appears directly after frame 452 before advancing to 527, but regardless, where are the other 404 frames coming from? In outer virbank complex with no moving NPCs, no weather.

Is it just the RNG reporter being wierd? I know when I did stationary RNG I had an offset of like 8 frames.

Edit: did +1 chatot, got a poke that only appears on frame 56 and frame 2452 (with my IV spread). What the fuck? Am I missing something important?

Sorry to be posting so much and so often, but I just can't deal with all the weird quirks of RNG without any help..

Here is the seed I'm working with: C80815959528C5C4 Frame 6 Shiny Frame 527 encounter slot 3 SYNCH

BIG FAT EDIT: looks like the frames with elekid and that patrat directly after it are 55 and 56. It doesn't look like the walking and moving around is contributing to PID advancement at all?

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
Taking steps only advances the PID Frame if you take said steps on squares where wild encounters can occur (regardless of whether you presently have Repel in effect).

Taking steps outside of such areas does nothing to the PID Frame. It simply advances the IV Frame by #{Number in Party} every 128 steps (based on a number stored to the save file; i.e. it may advance after 128 steps if this number was 0 when loading the save, or in 1 step if this number was 127 when loading the save).

Edit: hi reshiram (answer for below) Yes you can.

Last edited:
Taking steps only advances the PID Frame if you take said steps on squares where wild encounters can occur (regardless of whether you presently have Repel in effect).

Taking steps outside of such areas does nothing to the PID Frame. It simply advances the IV Frame by #{Number in Party} every 128 steps (based on a number stored to the save file; i.e. it may advance after 128 steps if this number was 0 when loading the save, or in 1 step if this number was 127 when loading the save).
oh. what i have been doing for the past two hours @_@ thanks for clearing that up :)

guessing I can't run through grass to move the PID and IV frame at the same time?

Apologies if this is the wrong section. I've been trying to RNG Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza in 4th generation and am having difficulties doing so. I followed the guide and did the following (links to screen as needed)

1.I started out with a year (2019), set delay from 550-1000, and min_max frame to 12-200. My intended Nature is Modest so I picked seed DD000242 as shown
https://www.dropbox.com/s/18efs3xy69l2fwv/Screenshot 2014-11-28 21.31.15.png?dl=0
2.Set-up Eon timer with proper delay
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03qh0khs4adiyst/Screenshot 2014-11-28 21.31.56.png?dl=0
3.Go to Seed-to-time with this seed, put in roamers location. When I tried to search off my current roamer location, I did not get any results. I feel like I am doing something wrong.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt67300j34z1606/Screenshot 2014-11-28 21.34.16.png?dl=0

am I just not hitting the right delay or am i doing this completely wrong? I didn't have much trouble with 5th gen RNG but this one is taking a lot longer than I expected.

If you need more information, please let me know. Thank you

Apologies if this is the wrong section. I've been trying to RNG Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza in 4th generation and am having difficulties doing so. I followed the guide and did the following (links to screen as needed)

1.I started out with a year (2019), set delay from 550-1000, and min_max frame to 12-200. My intended Nature is Modest so I picked seed DD000242 as shown
https://www.dropbox.com/s/18efs3xy69l2fwv/Screenshot 2014-11-28 21.31.15.png?dl=0
2.Set-up Eon timer with proper delay
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03qh0khs4adiyst/Screenshot 2014-11-28 21.31.56.png?dl=0
3.Go to Seed-to-time with this seed, put in roamers location. When I tried to search off my current roamer location, I did not get any results. I feel like I am doing something wrong.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt67300j34z1606/Screenshot 2014-11-28 21.34.16.png?dl=0

am I just not hitting the right delay or am i doing this completely wrong? I didn't have much trouble with 5th gen RNG but this one is taking a lot longer than I expected.

If you need more information, please let me know. Thank you
Hi, your concern belongs Here. Also, you could try increasing min/max delay to say -/+ 99 and seconds to -/+8, adjust accordingly and check if you're getting near your target.

The guide on first post in this thread.
This version of rng reporter doesn't have method 5 on time finder.. which method should i use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)