5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
For the natures, I use the custom tab in EonTimer. I just input the delay in milliseconds dictated by RNGReporter's Main Window (Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter Type: Entralink). it takes a little bit of trial and error, but you can usually narrow down the times for hitting your desired nature frame.
I've been using chatots to advance the frame. I determined that in my particular case, the game advances around 86 frames when I face the Pokémon (BW2).

I've done what you said in BW1, though. The first time I thought it'd be harder to do, but it turns out it's not that bad.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been using chatots to advance the frame. I determined that in my particular case, the game advances around 86 frames when I face the Pokémon (BW2).

I've done what you said in BW1, though. The first time I thought it'd be harder to do, but it turns out it's not that bad.
You would never be able to get your intended nature by using Chatot that way. The C-gear being on advances the PID frame by a rate of 1 frame/~1.733 seconds. The best way to do it would be to follow the time suggestions listed in whatever program you're using.

Chatot should only be used to confirm if you hit your timer0.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
You would never be able to get your intended nature by using Chatot that way. The C-gear being on advances the PID frame by a rate of 1 frame/~1.733 seconds. The best way to do it would be to follow the time suggestions listed in whatever program you're using.

Chatot should only be used to confirm if you hit your timer0.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will help me a lot when I start RNGing more Entralink pokés.

yeah going off with what religiousjedi^ above said (as his guide pretty much helped me adapt to BW2 entralink in RNGReporter). I should have also mentioned in my previous post that I use the custom EonTimer for BW2 entralink RNG.

Also this from Slashmolder:

I believe in his guide it states to verify the seed with 3 chatot calls. This will advance (aka skip) the first 3 frames. Enter starting frame + 3 as your starting frame if you do 3 chatot calls and RNG Reporter will take care of everything else. If your desired frame is on a skip time add or subtract a Chatot.

I just have one quick question. Am I allowed to trade pokemon that I obtained through PRNG abuse. I looked in the rules thread but I could not see anything that mentioned PRNG abuse.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just have one quick question. Am I allowed to trade pokemon that I obtained through PRNG abuse. I looked in the rules thread but I could not see anything that mentioned PRNG abuse.
RNG is entirely legitimate - it's literally exactly the same game processes used to generate "random" Pokémon, and Nintendo even allows it in official tournaments (not that they could stop it anyway). As long as you don't use any external devices to create/modify the Pokémon, it's perfectly fine to trade.

RNG is entirely legitimate - it's literally exactly the same game processes used to generate "random" Pokémon, and Nintendo even allows it in official tournaments (not that they could stop it anyway). As long as you don't use any external devices to create/modify the Pokémon, it's perfectly fine to trade.
I figured since this thread is a sticky thread, but I wanted to make sure before I begin trading on here.

Anyone have a link to RNG reporter 9.95? For some reason 9.96 won't load for me, but an old copy of 9.93 which I had in my download folder did

The RNG reporter is really starting to tick me off, yesturday the damn thing deleted my Black 2 profile (even though I'd saved it) and now when I'm trying to find my ds parameters again the search comes up with nothing. I must have tried it like 10 times now but it doesn't matter how many times I check the IVs of the pokemon encountered after sweet scent or try a different time I'm still getting no results. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The RNG reporter is really starting to tick me off, yesturday the damn thing deleted my Black 2 profile (even though I'd saved it) and now when I'm trying to find my ds parameters again the search comes up with nothing. I must have tried it like 10 times now but it doesn't matter how many times I check the IVs of the pokemon encountered after sweet scent or try a different time I'm still getting no results. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Nevermind I figured it out myself -the date was wrong.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy

But why are you shooting for a IV frame so high? Just look a bit harder and you will most likely find one on a IV frame of 1. Just increase the number of key presses and look on different months / years

You are not advancing the pid frame. Copy the seed in the main page of the reporter, select gen 5 pid rng, stationary, the nature of your syncronizer and then click on calculate initial PId frame. Click generate. You will notice how the first frame that appears will have the nature that you have been getting. Anyways, scroll down until you see a frame that has the nature you desire. Use the formula Target frame - Initial PID frame to find how many times you need to advance the frames. If you have a chottot with you, record a chatter. Every time you look at his summary the frame will advance by one. If you don't, saving also advances the frame by one.
Problem solved. Thank you very much for your help

Does anyone else find it difficult to RNG in B/W (not B2/W2) on a DSi (or 3DS)? After having an extremely easy time RNGing in B/W on a DS Lite, doing it with a DSi gave me fits.

Are there more than 2 Timer0s that I can hit on B/W with a DSi (or 3DS)? Is there anything else that can make it more difficult besides the lack of a seconds hand on the menu clock?

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone else find it difficult to RNG in B/W (not B2/W2) on a DSi (or 3DS)? After having an extremely easy time RNGing in B/W on a DS Lite, doing it with a DSi gave me fits.

Are there more than 2 Timer0s that I can hit on B/W with a DSi (or 3DS)? Is there anything else that can make it more difficult besides the lack of a seconds hand on the menu clock?
Did you determine your DSi's parameters? I RNG all the time on my DSi using Eon Timer. I haven't had any trouble with that.

Did you determine your DSi's parameters? I RNG all the time on my DSi using Eon Timer. I haven't had any trouble with that.
Yes, I did. I'll check them again in case I made a mistake.

So, other than requiring an external timer, B/W RNG shouldn't be any more difficult on a DSi (or 3DS)? Will I still only hit 2 Timer0s? Will the only difference be the lack of a seconds hand on the menu clock?

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, I did. I'll check them again in case I made a mistake.

So, other than requiring an external timer, B/W RNG shouldn't be any more difficult on a DSi (or 3DS)? Will I still only hit 2 Timer0s? Will the only difference be the lack of a seconds hand on the menu clock?
When I have trouble hitting a certain timer0, my solution is to use another seed.

I originally started RNGing on my DSi but when I opted out to RNG on my DS Phat I found it EXTREMELY easier. I'm not exactly sure why this is but it seems the timer0 is more 'consistent' for me anyways. So I only RNG on my DS Phat now and do Wi-Fi related things on my DSi

On another note, quick question. Are the phenomenons determined by the RNG? I ask because whenever I Breed RNG and decide to hatch the egg in a given location the shaking grass phenomenon seems to ALWAYS appear on the exact grass patch. Or is this just a coincidence?

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
I originally started RNGing on my DSi but when I opted out to RNG on my DS Phat I found it EXTREMELY easier. I'm not exactly sure why this is but it seems the timer0 is more 'consistent' for me anyways. So I only RNG on my DS Phat now and do Wi-Fi related things on my DSi

On another note, quick question. Are the phenomenons determined by the RNG? I ask because whenever I Breed RNG and decide to hatch the egg in a given location the shaking grass phenomenon seems to ALWAYS appear on the exact grass patch. Or is this just a coincidence?
Not a coincidence. The PRNG controls everything.

Pandora's box and unova link

Hey I've been trying to manipulate to get a TID/SID in BW2. I managed to hit the one I wanted. It should have had a shiny frame on 67 of the PIDRNG for the IV seed I had chosen, that was what I had put into Pandora's box when searching. But when I stuck my TID/SID into the reporter and searched on my chosen seed it came out with frame 64 being the shiny one. Very confused as to what could've happened here. Granted I only knew one of my timer0's so it took a few attempts to hit it but I don't see why that should have any effect. I needed 67 for the synch able frame.

Also does rng reporter 9.96.5 support unova link calibration, because I cannot get it to work.

I'm using a dslite and a NA copy of Black2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)