5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is there a difference between Kyurem and any other stationary legend or wild? Like if the synch works all the time for Kyurem? Following what I said before, I tried Cobalon as well but ended up the same way as Kibago. (Lax) As for Kyurem I went for my other synchronizer (Jolly), and ended up Jolly. By the way all came out shiny.

Does anyone know why synch fails on those Pokemon except Kyurem?

Is there a difference between Kyurem and any other stationary legend or wild? Like if the synch works all the time for Kyurem? Following what I said before, I tried Cobalon as well but ended up the same way as Kibago. (Lax) As for Kyurem I went for my other synchronizer (Jolly), and ended up Jolly. By the way all came out shiny.

Does anyone know why synch fails on those Pokemon except Kyurem?
Have you tried a different frame? Cause that's the only advice I can give you. You're using PIDRNG, yes?

Have you tried a different frame? Cause that's the only advice I can give you. You're using PIDRNG, yes?
Yes. I'm using the same frame and PID frame. I wouldn't mind letting the PID advance to the next one but I'm wondering why wouldn't it work when for Kyurem, any nature synch works.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Be sure to confirm whatever PID you hit. Wild pokemon need encounter slots calculated, while Kyurem does not (thus your PID could be off)

Ah, I see... shiny Kyurem has a different PID: F6413207. Although how come for shiny Cobalon the PID didn't change. (PID: 7E4EBA0E) It's stationary, so it shouldn't have an encounter slot value.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
I don't know. The game has to load certain things which may be different for each one, just like monster frames in last gen.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
crossposting from the research thread:

ok, PIDRNG v2.1 is complete. right now, we can do:

-wild PIDs, shiny, encounter values, sync(?), nature, and ability(?)
-egg PIDs, shiny, IV inheritance(!!), DW abil passing, everstone nature passing, and nature
-resk/zek PIDs, sync, nature, ability(i've checked and verified that all of these work)
-mystery gift PIDs, nature, ability, and IVs
-roamer PIDs, shiny, sync(?), nature
-high link PIDs, sync(unverified), nature(wrong)

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/inherit.png
(Parents A and B are the same as last gen)

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/research/apps/PIDRNG.exe
.net framework 3.5 in case someone needs it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7

I don't know. The game has to load certain things which may be different for each one, just like monster frames in last gen.
Back at you were saying, I'm not sure about monster frames. I went to bashful for another "test." Great that Drilbur was present as well. I tested both of them out and surprisingly Cobalon had Jolly nature. The synch worked but the PID is the same.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it could be besides encounter slots. Maybe because I'm using one that's patched? (Note I only put it in English after the battle to see nature and ability)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Yeah for Legends there is no ESV calc.

The only explanation for this is that the sync calculation is one off of whatever it should be calculated from (See how it alternates between Yes and No sync). We'd need more results (from other people too) before a conclusion is possible.

Good stuff :)

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
cross-posted from the research thread:

IV abuse in the High Link
-------------------------

This is something I figured out last night and the results were rather nice:

Jolteon #135

Nature: any
Ability: Quick Feet - High Link poke!
Catch location: High Link
31/31/31/31/31/31

Doing this is very similar to hitting one's CGear seed. The way it works is that right before you show up in the High Link,(the frame when the screen changes from black to you in the HL) the MTRNG reseeds. That reseed can be treated exactly as starting up the CGear in terms of hitting it your seed.

This is what I did:

-Find a CGear seed I wanted to hit. I used 7E2345BB, delay 4442, frame 30
-Click on the orange part of the CGear and choose "High Link"
-When it says "xxx warped to the High Link", pause the emulator
-Slowly advance frames counting the number of frames and watching for the MTRNG to reseed so you know what you're aiming to hit.
-The point 1 frame before reseed is where you need to get back to.
-You need to hit the right second AND the right delay ON that reseed point.
-Hitting your seed once normally with the CGear and writing down the encrypted seed is a good idea, as you will see the same resultant seed on hitting it when entering the High Link.

Once in the High Link:

Generally, when catching pokemon and abusing the MTRNG frames, you want to be on the first frame you want use for an IV. In other words, since my frame is 30, I want to be on frame 30 when I get into a fight. The High Link is different. You must get into the "battle" with your desired poke 0x15 IV frames early. If my target frame was 0x1E in the overworld, it would be frame 0x09 in the High Link.

The way I did it was to use an emulator and hit my delay first, leaving it 1 or 2 back 1 fame before reseed. I paused the emulator here and adjusted the Windows clock to 5 seconds before the desired second. Once the second hit I unpaused the emulator and the delay and time advanced just right to cause the CGear to reseed in my favor and hit my desired seed within the High Link.

I suppose that with practice this might be do-able on a normal cart. ZOMGTimer would probably be a huge help.

Anyway, there you go, IV abuse in the High Link. Now we can have great DW pokes in different pokeballs, not just bred in plain pokeballs. Also, competitive Speed Boost Blaziken is now possible among other things.(since they're all male)

For the PID/nature, PIDRNG can predict PID and nature might require a few state reloads.

It's me again!

So there's two different seeds, one is used for IV's and one for PID (nature etc.).
In areas where there are wandering NPC's, which frame do they advance? The PID frame or the IV frame?

Cassie

giant claw
It's me again!

So there's two different seeds, one is used for IV's and one for PID (nature etc.).
In areas where there are wandering NPC's, which frame do they advance? The PID frame or the IV frame?
PID. I wouldn't say two seeds, but you advance them differently. Basically you hit the seed for IVs, advance for that. Then you advance the PID with the methods on the first page to your wanted frame in PIDRNG.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Think of it kind of like 4th Gen Eggs. "Kind of". In gen 4 for eggs, your PID was "separate" from your IVs.

Right,

In preperation for the English release Im learning how to RNG on my Japanese copy.

I think im going to start with Victini, low level, no moving NPCs (Right?), stationary.

Now I understand the getting my seed and IVs etc, and using a 2 stage timer, hitting the delay etc (principle is the same as 4th gen).

Few queries though;

-Starting frame is 3? So if my seed is on frame 4, I need to advance the frame once?

-Nature is random? I cant find anything on rng reporter to chose a nature, im assuming its up to a syncher or just luck?

Thanks.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Right,

In preperation for the English release Im learning how to RNG on my Japanese copy.

I think im going to start with Victini, low level, no moving NPCs (Right?), stationary.

Now I understand the getting my seed and IVs etc, and using a 2 stage timer, hitting the delay etc (principle is the same as 4th gen).

Few queries though;

-Starting frame is 3? So if my seed is on frame 4, I need to advance the frame once?

-Nature is random? I cant find anything on rng reporter to chose a nature, im assuming its up to a syncher or just luck?

Thanks.
PIDRNG predicts nature, but PID, nature, etc is set from a separate RNG. See below for download link.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
sync has a 50% chance to work.

Bring the synchronizer of the desired nature and only that.
Since your desired spread is a frame 4, Hit your cgear seed and go 128 steps, then talk to Victini.

There's no way to confirm seeds/track frames without an AR, so the 50% chance to get the sync to work and however good you are at hitting seeds is the only thing you have to get lucky with :)

PIDRNG predicts nature, but PID, nature, etc is set from a separate RNG. See below for download link.
Thanks.

Bit confused about PIDs to be honest, so this programme lists ones on a certain seed?

My seed, 66EE7B57, is on frame 13 according to RNG reporter. When I use PIDRNG to search for that seed, that frame is not the nature I want... does this mean I have to find another seed and hope I get one that gives me the right nature on that frame?

Sorry for all the questions. Once I get my head round this I should be alright.

Thanks.

Bit confused about PIDs to be honest, so this programme lists ones on a certain seed?

My seed, 66EE7B57, is on frame 13 according to RNG reporter. When I use PIDRNG to search for that seed, that frame is not the nature I want... does this mean I have to find another seed and hope I get one that gives me the right nature on that frame?

Sorry for all the questions. Once I get my head round this I should be alright.
Are you using a c-gear or non c-gear seed? Anyways, to get the nature that you want just use a synchronizer. If it doesn't work, then you have to look for a different frame or if you're using c-gear seed (turned on), you can wait for a couple of seconds before you encounter your poke. Do that until you get the right nature.

Are you using a c-gear or non c-gear seed? Anyways, to get the nature that you want just use a synchronizer. If it doesn't work, then you have to look for a different frame or if you're using c-gear seed (turned on), you can wait for a couple of seconds before you encounter your poke. Do that until you get the right nature.
C-Gear. Retail cart with no AR. From what Ive read C-Gear is my only choice!

So, try a syncer, if not, then just wait a second or two? Is it down to trial and error then?

With no AR, pretty much.
Oh!

From what Ive read, the c-gear being open advances the nature/ability etc (the PID?) at a steady rate, so in theory, if I hit my seed and advance to the frame I need (13 in this case), and either use a syncer or trial and error waiting with the c-gear open until I get the correct nature?

Im guessing non c-gear is a little more precise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)