3v3 Singles Metagame Discussion Thread

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Anyone know an effective way on taking out Crocune? Got up around 1800's, and I keep seeing them in literally every team. I tried Perish trap mega gengar, but it only beats varients with no roar. Another note, if you have Cresselia, Porygon2 (bulky variants), Some crocune (lacking roar), Some Kangaskhan (only with sucker punch as coverage), Specs Hydregon (yes disable darkpulse and stall it out with shadowball+struggle damage), Mega Venusaur then Perish trap gengar beats all of this. Heres the set I run:

Mega-Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate/Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Disable
- Perish Song

This set generally beats the pokemon above 7-9/10 times

Now back to my main point, if anyone knows an effective crocune counter, something with offensive pressure, and not like taunt sableye

Well traditional crocune sets only have scald for offence. I think cacturne could use its water absorb to switch in and get some groovy swords dance up :]. Seems offensive to me DragoFish

Anyone know an effective way on taking out Crocune?
Have you considered a Haze user?

Notable users include Vaporeon and Murkrow which both have their pros and cons. Vaporeon can Toxic and abuse Water Absorb, Murkrow can Toxic and protect/roost stall however they may not fit on every team.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well traditional crocune sets only have scald for offence. I think cacturne could use its water absorb to switch in and get some groovy swords dance up :]. Seems offensive to me DragoFish
Anything with Water Absorb or Dry Skin or Storm Drain completely shuts down mono-attacking Crocune, as long as they threaten it back. Cacturne is a decent option if you speed creep to beat Azumarill as well; SD Toxicroak can boost in Suicune's face, and wear it down with Drain Punch if they're not stupid enough to switch - however, you're Talonflame weak. Cradily and Gastrodon are more defensive variants that can't touch Suicune if they're special variants. A water-immune Pokémon with Taunt would be ideal to completely shut it down; unfortunately, that restricts the list to Jellicent, Toxicroak and Jynx.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
yeah, for the upper ladder, when I try to trap crocunes, they have roar to generally phaze me out. I guess running toxicroak with taunt would be good, but i'd be more easier to play around with aegislash and such.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do people still play the XY ladder? In some local Pokemon Facebook group I'm in some guy was bragging about how he's no.1 in Australia at the moment with a 1663 ranking in singles (screenshots and all) so I was wondering who else is still playing and/or winning? Here in Australia there's only 20 people with a positive ranking (+1500, no.21 is on 1500 lol) and no.1 in the US is only 1742 with 104 people above 1500 (about 80 of them are in the 1500s) so it seems like a good way to get on a win streak and feel good about yourself haha. I guess this is because doubles on ORAS is the main focus of most players at the moment...

(tagging fellow Aussie ethan06 so he can go on a ladder run haha)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)