3rd Game Move Tutors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Air Slash, Nasty Plot, and a few other good four gen attacks as move tutorable. I would love it if the Elemental punches came back.

I would like to see Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Air Slash, Nasty Plot, and a few other good four gen attacks as move tutorable. I would love it if the Elemental punches came back.
I wish the punches would come back. I've never owned Emerald so I don't have access to those attacks. It sucks not being able to slap Thunderpunch on Metagross

It would make sense for all the Emerald-exclusive move tutor moves to be readmitted to the game, thereby making those moves not exclusive to Pokemon from Emerald. Also, they could allow Pokemon that should be able to learn certain moves, but can't, to learn them... for example, Ampharos, who learned Ice Punch in G/S/C but can't learn it in the 3rd and 4th gens.

And yes, Rapid Spin, if just for the fact that are Pokemon whose inability to use this move seems like a mistake. Like Bronzong, who appears to use it on the anime, yet is unable to learn the move in-game. Look at this: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/503ps11.shtml
I have no clue what other move it could be using that would make it spin so fast.

Other than Bronzong, though, there aren't too many that need Rapid Spin who actually LOOK like they could use it. The main qualifiers for Rapid Spin seems to be a Pokemon's mobility and shape. Pretty much everything that has it now actually looks or moves around in a way that would allow it to spin very quickly (except a few, like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Tyrogue, who get it by breeding thanks to Hitmontop, and Delibird... wtf Delibird?).

So, likely candidates might be things like Bronzong, Carnivine, Wormadam, Metagross (often is shown hovering and sometimes spins around when it attacks), Probopass (imagine that thing spinning around, knocking spikes away with its nose... awesome and hilarious, plus Nosepass has been shown hovering and spinning on the show), but not many more. Sure there are plenty that would find it very useful, but how many of them could actually physically perform it? I would include Spiritomb, who swirls around, but the spikes would just pass through it so it wouldn't make sense for it to knock them away with Rapid Spin.

Also, it would be nice if a lot of Pokemon could learn moves that would be reasonable alternatives to Hidden Power. It's already difficult to breed good enough IVs on a Pokemon, but add to that the narrow possibility of getting the correct type of Hidden Power on it, and even worse trying to get a decent power rating on it. Raichu learns Grass Knot, so why not a moderately strong and ambiguous Grass move like Magical Leaf for Jolteon and Raikou? After all, Mr. Mime, Mismagius, Togekiss, Clefable, and Gardevior can learn it, so it's obviously "magical" enough in nature that a Pokemon doesn't have to have any sort of Grass features to conjure it up.

Earth Power, like others said, is a good one. It's ambiguous enough to add it to a lot of Pokemon's movepools. Aura Sphere, Air Slash, and Vacuum Wave are also pretty open-ended as far as how they can be performed and who could perform those moves (but can't presently learn them). Icy Wind is ambiguous (just a big breath of ice) and isn't learned by many Pokemon, and although it's normally not very useful (since everthing that learns it can also use Ice Beam), it could probably be added to the movepools of many Pokemon that benefit from Hidden Power Ice. Alternatively, Aurora Beam, being a rainbow-beam attack, could probably fit the bill for a lot of Pokemon that can't learn Ice Beam but would benefit from an Ice attack to stand in for Hidden Power.

Anything with hands can make use of elemental punches. Anything with big enough teeth should have access to elemental fangs. So those are givens if they make another 4th-gen game with move tutors.

Edit: Oh yeah, and tons of generic utility moves out there can be performed by any Pokemon. Nasty Plot, Agility, Mirror Coat, Curse, Slack Off, Yawn, Block, Tailwind, Heal Block, Power Trick, Haze, Whirlwind, Baton Pass, etc... How about Tail Glow for the few that seem like they could use it but can't (Ampharos!)?

Move Tutors Needed:
Elemental Punches(64 BP each)
Seismic Toss(50 BP)
DynamicPunch(80 BP)
Rapid Spin(36 BP)
Nasty Plot(36 BP)
Double-Edge(80 BP)
Flare Blitz(80 BP)
Wood Hammer(80 BP)
Brave Bird(80 BP)
Volt Tackle(80 BP)
Close Combat(80 BP)
Metal Burst(48 BP)
Sky Attack(80 BP)
ExtremeSpeed(80 BP)

These moves should be stationed at the Battle tower.

I'd really like to see Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere, Vaccum Wave, Fire/Ice/Thunder/Mega Punch (For fun), Elemental Double Edges and Earth Power. Nasty Plot and Aura Sphere are simply awsome moves, but they can't be learned by very many pokemon. Vaccum Wave is a good move, and could see more use IMO.

The elemental punches, while learnable by many pokemon, it normally takes a long and annoying breeding chain to get them onto the pokemon you want.

The elemental Double Edges+Earth Power are good moves that many pokemon could benefiet from. If Nintendo decides to put these move tutors into a 3rd game, hopefully they make these moves usable by pokemon that are good enough to be standard, but just aren't quite powerful enough to hold there own yet. Basically, don't give Salamence/Metagross/Blissy/Skarm/Electrive, or any other super OU pokemon these moves.

Move Tutors Needed:
Elemental Punches(64 BP each)
Seismic Toss(50 BP)
DynamicPunch(80 BP)
Rapid Spin(36 BP)
Nasty Plot(36 BP)
Double-Edge(80 BP)
Flare Blitz(80 BP)
Wood Hammer(80 BP)
Brave Bird(80 BP)
Volt Tackle(80 BP)
Close Combat(80 BP)
Metal Burst(48 BP)
Air Slash(80 BP)
ExtremeSpeed(80 BP)

These moves should be stationed at the Battle tower.
I somewhat agree with you. I would like all these attacks as Move Tutorable(except Sky Attack which I replaced with Air Slash) but I don't like the fact you have to gain BP to learn then. If you can tutor your dragon pokemon to learn Draco Meoter mutiple times then they should imply that idea onto those attacks too. I really like the fact you metioned Close Combat as a few pokemon(mostly bird pokemon) would love to learn that attack.

One more thing I'd like to see, is some signature moves not be signature anymore. For example, Scizor would really benefiet from being able to learn Attack Order. Unfortunatly, Attack Order is only learned by Vespiquen, who can't really make use of it.

hmmm... my choices are

Rapid Spin
DE/Elemental DEs
Elemental Punches/Fangs
Baton Pass
All other Emerald tutors and Recover. (Suicune with Recover=:))
oh, and Wish

One more thing I'd like to see, is some signature moves not be signature anymore. For example, Scizor would really benefiet from being able to learn Attack Order. Unfortunatly, Attack Order is only learned by Vespiquen, who can't really make use of it.
Certain signature moves, regardless of how much i WISH this werent true, are signature because on other pokes, they just wouldnt make any sence..

Man i wish scizor could learn an attack orderish move but i dont think by any sence of the imagination it can crap out an army of bees like vespi can

Magnet Bomb is also a nifty attack that nearly nothing learns. Metagross should totally learn it, although even if he did he has much better things to be doing.

Medicham should totally be able to learn Close Combat, which can also easily be remedied by a move tutor.

Force Palm is also a pretty cool attack.

As long as Rapid Spin is one of the moves, I don't care about anything else. At all.

However, I would like to see all the third gen stuff back so I can make my teams without either A) buying the games or B) begging people to breed for me for leet trades.

IMO, they should make Defog act like a Rapid Spin, at least on your side :\

I wonder what they were thinking when they made it clear your opponent's area.

Yeah Tail Glow and make sure Mewtwo learns it :). Also along with that the return of Selfdestruct would be nice, as I may get a nice Mewtwo on wi-fi, but not be able to teach it Selfdestruct.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Rapid Spin
Elemental Punches
Discharge/Lava Plume
Aura Sphere
Leaf Storm
Bug Buzz
Seismic Toss
Sucker Punch
Pursuit
Close Combat
Hypnosis
Recover
Megahorn

Rapid Spin
Elemental Punches
Water Spout/Eruption (just give 'em to all the NU waters/fires so they have something remotely productive to do)
Ice Shard
Low Kick (Only 7 pokemon learn this, and it could be nifty to use against Tyranitar)
Heart Swap (Yeah, it's Manaphy's signature move, but it'd be pretty fun if other pokemon learned this.)
Icicle Shard, Bone Rush, etc. Basically a widespread option to break subs with.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There are some really boneheaded suggestions in terms of game balance here (Close Combat Medicham, wtf?). This kind of "make your own" thread is pointless and has been done to death. Let's just wait and see what the next game gives us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)