SM OU 3NormalSpam (Slaking offense, peaked #2007 twice)

If I had to make a new RMT....

• -Steppe Hail

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • -Sun booom

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • -Gravity sweep

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • -Beebee offense

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • -Fuck ur RMTs you've done enough of them

Votes: 31 28.7%

• Total voters

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Artworks by WcJay

Hello smogon community! Ktut here.

I don't know how to start. By saying I'm happier than I've ever been before in my pokélife maybe. By saying that all this philosophy of pokémon I defended through my battles and posts wasn't pointless after all. That being the ultimate pokemon paria was eventually rewarding. That playing and building and being frustrated because all this mons I cherish so much were struggling in OU had a sense and that my patience and work led me to the light I was always seeing far away and couldn't reach. That this spark of hope I have kept deep in my heart, the spark that tells me "OU is the only true tier; because in OU, everything you once dreamt of will happen on Time." has grown, grown to dazzle the OU ladder.

A two-speed RMT
Whether you just came into my RMT to see what the team is, or to deeply understand how could a Slaking team work in OU, you are welcome. I know some of you can't read more than two sentences before getting bored, while others want as much explanations as possible, and wish reading the RMT forever. I will therefore do it in a two-speed way. The necessary explanations will be followed by a in-depth analysis of the structure and relations between pokemons. I originally thought I was the only one who loves reading super long RMTs so as to feel I completely understand the builder and his team. If you are reading this, I'm talking about your RMTs branflakes , my fren.
This the most complex build I've ever done and will ever do; trying to use it without training or deep understanding of the goal of the team will result in many disillusionments, however I trust all of you who want to use the team to quickly grasp its meaning and goal. Whatever, just know there will be explanations and many replays to explain the strategies that allowed me to easily reach the topladder on two accounts on the same day, that very same day where I found the solution for my team to work.

I hope you guys enjoy this. All my dreams have come true in a single team, and if I had to explain who I am in pokémon, I would tell you: I am this team. Let's dive into a crazy and hilarious world where the most unlikely pokemon stands as the cornerstone of a stall-offense-gimmick-idk-what-it-is team. As I use to say every time a battle starts, good mood or bad mood:

HF!!

TRIPLE NORMAL SPAM

TeamBuilduing Process
Ok I won't spend two hours here because it's the most painful to trace back all the test I've done with Slaking. I'll sum it up quickly with some screenshots of my builder.
The main idea was Slaking+chansey because I couldn't find a more compressive way of handling the meta without using too many slots.

Step1

First version. Went 1970 during the naganadel era, where stuff like keldeo and specs koko were quite rare. As you can see, I only needed to put an amoonguss and I would have had my final version, but.... I couldn't know it would work! I had to fall in some kind of pokédespair to actually give it a try in my offense.

Step2

Ok ok you guys still here? I realized, flasssh, that slaking stall made a lot of sense. Hazard control, antisetup, walls: everything slaking needs when it has to switch out. Sadly the meta had so many ways to beat this team, notably with balance involving banded ttar, heatran and toxapex that I just got tired of it. Tho the effectiveness of amoonguss remained in my mind for days....

Step3

I half withdraw from the competitive world and started having fun in midladd with my beloved shedinja+slaking core I used in pokemon platinum. Defog koko +xatu usually were enough to keep shedinja healthy till the end of the game. Big, big shoutouts to yandaud aka mouete for spamming this team. We spent a whole night till the dawn he playing and I watching: we could have as well made a youtube video with the epic shouts of happiness when shedinja started to use swords dance vs a paralyzed pinsir and cleaned the game *_* Best poké memories ever my fren! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-671216468 : epic shedinja troll
"This guy is my hero" , big thanks to the guys who told me that during a battle, it made me become supersayen beast mode and swear I would manage to make this RMT one day. I hope I'm your hero, because it is the thing that would make me the happiest :)

Step4

Some hilarious replays with eject button amoonguss (replaced Golisopod) made me believe I could find a way to dominate the ladder via momentum strategies. However I had to accept stall was unbeatable with koko so I put douglas the ditto again, and found a way to "lure" hawlucha that you will discover when the time comes....

Proofs of Peak

I don't think I can- and I don't want - to go higher: it's way toooo long and painful. Try if you want and become a new knight in the Order of Slaking!

How to read the RMT
Before you jump into the team analysis, know you can read in the order you want to. I recommend you starting with hthe basic explanations, and once you have finished, if you are still hungry, check the Gear2 Analyses.

Watch out to the couple of replays hidden like easter eggs among the Basic and Gear2 Analysis of each pokémon!!!

The team

Pas ouf ಠ_ಠ (Medicham-Mega)
Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

- Ice Punch

The Lead Breaker

Medicham. Why am I starting with Medicham? Because it is actually the most important member of the normal spam team, by far. Pretty much as Lopunny was necessary for my ORAS normal spam to work, Medicham with Slaking turns the team from useless into a solid one. Medicham is a normal spam member, even though it isn't normal type. But it has fake out. And it is the move it will be using the most in a game. Medicham is my ultimate momentum control: it is the safest lead Slaking could dream of, indeed slaking needs momentum in its favour due to its huuum truant problems.

Medicham basically forces something to take 30-35 % turn1, and if the oppo goes landorus, perfect: icepunch it and Slaking will have no problems anymore. Medicham is a win-win scenarios lead, and its ability to regain momentum and blow up all the things that try to wall Slaking makes it absolutely awesome in this team. To put it in a word: what Slaking fears is regular offense and balance teams with 2-3 backbones that would completely waste Slakings moves, Medicham can easily predict them or be uturned in and grab free KOs very quickly. Once something like landorus or magearna, toxapex or scizor is out, Slaking gets one KO per hit. That is very simple.

Set

Jolly is by far the best ability and allows it to outspeed excalead, landolead, tapu lele, mimikyu. Without jolly, the former two can easily set up rocks, while you can't break a disguise or outspeed a tapu lele with 2% of its life.... Ada doesn't bring anything useful so my choice was quite obvious.

How Medi originally fit onto the team
I originally started the team with Medi+Slaking+Ditto offense. However, due to the insane weakness of slaking to hazard, setup, alloutattackers, well everything, I thought my team was going to be a stall, with unaware and SABLEYE MEGA. However Slaking's nature was to hit hard, put pressure, so I realized some wallbreaking partner was necessary. Lopunny came, like in oras, but was deadweight: toxapex around every corner, clefa, landorus, megazor.... Slaking only feared autoloss vs balance which involve TTAR+ferro+toxa and that kind of shit so I wanted a real balance breaker. After kartana happened to use a slot that was needed for a pivot, I decided to make Mega+Breaker+Lead compression in the form of.... the original Medicham. From a gimmick core idea, Slaking+Medi have become THE SMOU normal spam core.

The Lead Science: how starting a battle can let you guess who is going to win
Never underestimate how important is the lead in a game. I read many articles about DPP lead "science" and even though I started playing in XY, I've understood that despite team preview, an adapted lead can heavily influence the game. In DPP, you have no team preview. You must therefore choose a lead that will help your team from turn1. That's very different from leading with rocky helmet landorus. When you have the dedicated lead, you decide from turn1 what will the battle be. Some are taunt leads, which cannot be countered. Others magicbounce leads. If ur opponent lets you impose your pace turn1, and has to switch and take hits or lose all his momentum, then you can start putting pressure while he is going to be struggling to set up rocks or dent your team before you do. Medicham is the ultimate lead, and I've become a passionate fan of Fake Out.

papaTrumpʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (Slaking)
Choice Band

Ability: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Pursuit
- Retaliate

The Beast- becareful: often drowsy

Ôôô Slaking. El Slaking. The King. Slaking is usually seen as the pokémon joke : truant is the worst ability ever, ever (after slowstart lol). For some reason, Game Freak decided to create pokemons with huge stats and then "oh lol lets give it the worst ability ever so it can't do anything". Welp sorry guys I did something with it. Indeed the role of ChoiceBand and Scarf usually requires only one turn of hitting and then switch. Of course, if you use return and the landorus lives with 1% you can lose as well because you are gonna sleep the turn after, but shhht forget it. Do you even know what its stats are? I've seen almost no opponent using the !dt Slaking to acknowledge its real power.
So I'll do it for you:

!dt Slaking

Alright? This thing has a superior bulk to skarmory with same EV spreads. This thing is as fast as Medicham and ZardX. This thing is stronger than MegaMetagross. I decided to master this supernatural beast and make it do whatever I want to. This has been possible thanks to its awesome movepool. What really sets it apart and allowed me to get many wins is: Retaliate and Pursuit. Absolutely deadly on a Pokemon with such a good speed and Physical power. I quickly realized how good was pursuit, and how strong !! It traps latios, tapu lele, obviously. But oh wait. It traps offensive landorus! Without stab. And it is the ultimate counter to something you would never expect: Alakazam Mega. You don't believe me? Watch this and try not to burst out laughing: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-676012087 (starts turn6 :'))

So my team, despite looking weird af, is offense, and not stall as some people told me. Its not hard to see I completely lack of switchins to many things, but this isn't a problem. I attack first. Medicham can get almost two kills in less than 10 turns: then Slaking often comes thanks to uturn or a faint and just gets KOs, because landorus has taken a icepunch. If ferrothorn comes, it will take a ton on retaliate and will get walled by Xatu. Slaking switchins have no way to recover enough health throughout the battle due to the super aggressive nature of the team. With 100 BS speed, 150 HP stat, 100 def, nothing slower, and even unboosted faster threats like pinsir and garchomp can threaten it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-677704675 : trapping Pinsir Turn4. Yeah. Pinsir trapped by Slaking.

Set

Earthquake over hammerarm and fire punch. Why? Because Slaking's enormous bulk and speed stat make it one of the best counters to mimikyu, alolan marowak and mawile. Hyper useful vs Trick room, but also as a great move to hit bisharp, mimikyu, magearna, and still doing close to 50% to ferrothorn.
Return over Double edge because losing its life is pointless when return ohkos everything it needs to after stealth rock. Gigaimpact bad idea guys, don't trust my ORAS rmt, gigaimpact sucks in SM!

Plays, plays!
If needed, you can even go for a speedtie vs Medichams. Indeed, that can look like pure madness. But hey, medicham teams often struggle vs chansey+amoonguss without medi, so they are likely to switch and go into toxapex or landorus: but you pursuit it n_n. I did that many times and as far as I can remember it always worked: Slaking never took a HJK in its life!

The Cores Slaking Fits In Better Than I Could Have Ever Imagined

You might prefer having a look at Amoonguss and Xatu's sets before watching the replays here.

Slaking+Ditto+Chansey
+
+

Normal Spam? Ditto has normal moves. In fact the exact title should be (tho a bit long) : Normal Spam core of FakeOut+ReTurn/Taliate and Normal Utility core of Breaker Slaking/RevengeKiller sweeper Ditto/ Catch-all wall chansey. Looks bad on paper, but whatever I did, all my Slaking builds eventually ended up with these three guys. Chansey is, I admit, hyper good in this meta, while ditto, if played with the right support, is almost autowin vs unprepared players who think too little using their stall or HO teams. Plus my goal was to use Slaking Offense, so using unaware mons made no sense: anyway unaware just lose to gyaradoses and kartanas, so ditto fit perfectly.

Slaking+Medicham
+

Due to the slow nature of the team, and bulkiness, many games end this way: medicham has taken Landorus and ferrothorn and that kind of shit (sry for being rude but what else are they? Pokemons meant to cripple you and waste your turns cmon that's shit) down, and late game becomes a "I kill you now and you kill me the turn after" with slaking and the remaining mons. Tho I often win those lategame scenarios because Slaking ALWAYS kills contrary to opponents that sometimes fail to kill the chansey/amoonguss. Besides, Slaking can switch-in on moves like psyshock or smartstrike and get the extrakill that leads to victory.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678448706 : this late game, where the opponent manages to reverse what looked like an impossible win, becomes a perfect exemple of Slaking being unstoppable for the opponent. Which is forced to sack and can't kill back Slaking because of switches. With almost all its health, there's no hope left.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678667387 : another game where Ferrothorn and toxapex are Ko'd early game, and ttar quickly follows. My opponent didn't realise how impossible it would be to ko my pivotal mons before Slaking clicks 3 retaliates. See how I decide not to sack amoonguss and bring Ditto on TTar's Banded crunch: I needed that number of sacks to effectively sweep-sack-sweep with Slaking! If you have really understood how the number of sacks must be controlled on both sides of the field when using slaking (so as to pivot and prevent your opponent from bringing a useless 10% mon on retaliate, do you think I should have crunched or pursuit'ed the tyranitar turn23?
Pursuited . I can make mistakes^^

Slaking+Xatu+Chansey
+
+

The real defensive core. Tho this looks ass et first glance, chansey+xatu are usually enough to control the plethora of special attackers that go rampant in OU and all the most common hazard setters: ferrothorn and landorus. When things are worsening, slaking blows back all the cute things like marowak, garchomp, mawile, banded zygarde and tapu bulu that are trying to take advantage of the bird and the egg. Also, sending xatu on an obvious specs psychock from lele, uturning into slaking and clicking either pursuit or return to dent a landorus is a pretty good scenario early game. A weakened xatu isn't a problem vs offense if you can quickly get kills and weaken the landorus for a ditto or slaking (pseudo) sweep.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678686233 : Xatu bothers a lot the garchomp and ferrothorn to the point this guys gets somewhat mad and decides to let ferrothorn die vs medicham: "xatu, curse you forever!!!!!"

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678905672 : why Rocky helmet is THE item for xatu. Also, Xatu+Chansey+the so-feared pursuit Slaking (that my opponent has already met before basically beat this team on their own. Epic Trace of Alakazam on Slaking switching in with Truant..... (again ^^)

Slaking+Amoonguss
+

One of the best ways to take advantage of the truant turn of slaking is to use uturn or voltswitch: free damage on the switchin and free counter switch. So amoonguss came onto the team and said: "no". Fuck y'all specs kokos and scarflandorus and uturn scizor and scarf gren. No to bulu which 6-0'd the team by clicking woodhammer. No to SD kart and scarf knock off. No to stall, too. Indeed, I don't know if I'm the only one who came to this conclusion, but magicbounce+regen+ditto is almost instawin vs most stall teams.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678444057 : stall. Quick win by ff. As you can see, ditto copying sableye-mega+amoonguss+rocky helmet xatu completely block opposing chansey and sableye. Then, the opponent is forced to waste pps of his sableye because it's regen pivot can't stay in forever (even though that man had TWO regens which forced me to wow at some moment so as to prevent a neverending battle). Once stuff like chansey lose their softboiled pps or sableye watses his recovers, you have Medicham and Slaking that can start pursuiting and Spamming icepunches to waste the remaining pps of sableye notably. If my theory is correct, you can sweep late game with medicham or just stall to the end with xatu, amoon and ditto. Mad eh? But at least I don't autolose to stall as I did with my ORAS Normal Spam. Ditto and Amoon best Slaking partners, told you!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-675690937 : some funny game with the team that gave me the idea of using amoongus. Indeed, golisopod became eject button amoonguss n_n Many of my builds merged, that's why you might be like "wut he was talking about kartana and now he shows some magnezone golisopod stuff".

Return

252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 316-373 (99 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir-Mega: 249-294 (91.8 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Return vs. +1 104 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 246-291 (76.1 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 387-456 (55 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 370-436 (131.6 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 258-304 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Retaliate (140 BP)

252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 339-400 (94.6 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 199-235 (73.4 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 184-217 (53.9 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 48 Def Ferrothorn: 153-180 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 248 HP / 124 Def Scizor-Mega: 135-160 (39.3 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 222-262 (73 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 277-327 (91.1 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 211-250 (55.2 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Earthquake

252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 230-271 (91.6 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 217-256 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Earthquake vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 340-400 (96.8 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Pursuit (80 BP)

252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 193-228 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 166-196 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Pursuit vs. 248 HP / 124 Def Scizor-Mega: 104-123 (30.3 - 35.8%) -- 40.3% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 260-308 (71.4 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 368-434 (122.2 - 144.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 184-217 (73.3 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir-Mega: 130-154 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

Doug (~˘▾˘)~ (Ditto)
Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

El matador

Douglas Sunglass, the legend of one of my sun teams, is back to support Slaking. Not only is it the major actor of the stallwar, but it is also the sweeper (reverse sweeper), and revenge killer: Slaking is the easiest set up for anybody who knows what Truant is! Whereas my Landorus was enough in Oras to stop sweepers and attackers, the power creep in SM has reached such unprecedented levels that some safe measure had to be taken so I could peacefully bring slaking and fear no sweep after it kills something. Ditto+Amoonguss+Xatu are meant to say fucklalife my stallniggas (tho it requires good plays and preparing the field correctly for medicham in some bad stall scenarios).

Set

1) Click transform when you come vs another already-transformed ditto. Guess what: it won't work.
2) Use it with no item. Guess what: Unburden doesn't work that way. Hawlucha will beat ditto whatever you do, unless you go quickclaw. Hum.

Douglas, the revengekiller sweeper that was able to beat stall

Some people say ditto is antistall. That's totally wrong. Only ditto + a magicbouncer or double defog + a regenerator has a chance to beat stall. A chance. The rest of the teams plays a role too. The goal is to copy sableye mega as much as possible. When manage to copy, u have 5 pp for each move. You just need to spam knock off. Your oppo will obsiously bring his regen pivot to absorb it. So you just bring your own regen and use it with chansey (which takes like O% from tangrowth and toxapex) to ppstall it by constant switching. When you make sableye mega comeback via Medicham, you can copy it again (it's so slow than you switch to ditto before it escapes) and repeat the cycle. If your opponent is clever, he will forfeit when this antistall cycle will be over and starting again. If he doesn't, before insulting him telling him he's wasting his time, first check you are actually ppstalling him, and not the contrary. If you aren't check Medicham's counters (usually sableye) are running out of pps. If the first requirement isn't fulfilled, keep playing till you reach the moment medicham and slaking can pursuit+wallbreak. Usually you will win the ppstall war unless the guy has 2 REGEN like in this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678444057 . As you can see I started willoswisping because the opposing sableye didn't want to waste recovers by coming on knock off.

Ufff. Complex, painful, but it works. God bless ditto, Slaking has a partner to prevent set up and stall: it's like a dream.

Donald (• ε •) (Xatu)
Rocky Helmet

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Psychic

- Heat Wave

Control!

Xatu is NU, but xatu is really real. I used it a lot in ORAS OU, and its effectiveness and staying power often left me bewildered. How can a psychic-flying thing, with ridiculous defensive stats, be able to troll ferrothorn+landorus+toxapex that way? Landorus in SM is either scarf (but then u go amooguss), defensive hpice (free xatu) or Rocks+SD+EQ+Boom (free xatu again, if he booms he won't get rocks up, if he swicthes, I get the uturn and guess what? Some slaking is coming for free. Xatu is also the chansey switchin: Rocky helmet puts it into 50% health after three tosses, then u get that uturn and hei, some medicham is coming!

Set

Roost & uturn ok. Psychic to force toxapex to recover and bring medicham safely. Heatwave for scizor ferro celesteela skarmory. Psychic is surprisingly strong and does heavy damage to landorus, tapu koko and lopunny. Rocky helmet because you're not going to wall anything with leftovers, and getting this chip 16% on every landorus uturn and ferrothorn gyroball is goat.
Relaxed: it allows you to be slower than defensive landorusT and uturn AFTER it does so. Extremely important in this team!

Xatu, the best pokémon to learn making mindgames

Xatu's gimmick power reaches sky-high levels when you manage to bounce off a greninja spike or manage to troll a medicham by comin on HJK and then going to slaking on the icepunch+pursuit killing it thanks to the rocky helmet damage. Guessing when lopunny is going to use HJK is epic too, as well as watching a landorus with only EQ and explosion trying to somehow set up rocks vs the team. Many of my opponents seemed to simply be unable to accept xatu was stronger and clicked stealth rock, which obviously got walled by the incoming xatu. Xatu Uturning and successfully hitting that switching ttar in his podgy belly is hilarious too, and I feel sometimes ashamed of bring a medicham in this way. But hey, xatu needs good plays to avoid trapping and free greninjas and kokos!!!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678140591 : the guy who didn't gave a fuck about xatu. Xatu wen't down, ok. Rocks were setup. But did he realize rocks were harming HIS team? That xatu's helmet was taking that +1 gyara down? Xatu never loses, even after it faints. His magicbounce makes people go mad and try to do what magic blocks: set up hazards at all costs, when my team doesn't care that much about rocks.... This is no stall, you don't beat a Normal Spam this way.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678667387 : see how closely linked are Medicham and xatu. Xatu can't live very long vs ttar builds, but medicham wrecks them. Momentum, momentum!

What is hard is to know to what extent you need xatu. If that greninja gets a spike by predicting chansey, will that affect this game? Is the risk of staying in worth it? Is landorus low enough? These are the questions you must ask yourself before making a neutral prediction which is, to me, a bad prediction. Avoid useless risks as much as you can, but be brave and face a possible death when the stakes are higher.

Xatu, be our sensei please!

mammamia! ^̮^ (Chansey)
Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

- Soft-Boiled

The wall and utility

Ok hei no don't throw this book at me, wait. Ok breathe, peace. That's no random chansey offense shit okay? Chansey was ne-ces-sa-ry. Slaking has close to 0 defensive utility. Gives free specs gren hits, koko tbolts, latios dracos, willowisp.... I needed some support, something with rocks, something bigggg, able to make up for the "lost" slot of slaking (the one who dares tell me that is dead understood?). I can't explain how could chansey work in an offense team (which isnt exactly offense anymore), but hei that's the first time I play this blob and if it remained in the team it's because its synergy with it was real. If you want an argument I'll just tell you: no way to beat magearna and rain and greninja. I hope you'll be fine with this n_n (ban gren)(ban magearna).

Set

Rocks: ok if u are a member of the "I don't use rocks" sect go back learning the basics of pokemon strategy. Chansey is one of the most reliable setters! T-wave is absolutely amazing in this "offense" because of the pain clefable is for medicham and slaking, and because catching kartanas, lopunnies, greninjas and pinsirs off-guard is super useful, and can force your opponent to really hurt their brain to find a way to break past chansey while avoiding being crippled. Keep pressure and momentum, this is no stall!
16 speed EVs allow chansey to outspeed paralyzed heatran!

The Art Of Playing Chansey Offense

Many people have been using chansey teams. I'm used to struggling to avoid saying my opinion on other teams, because even when I do it in a sarcastic way I believe that it helps raise issues or misconceptions. I agree 100% with chansey stall. 100% with P2 chansey offense and its variants. 0,1% with the other chansey teams which obviously lack the right support (antisetup, anti fighting types, antiknock off etc). So what about mine? I'm really sorry if you are a chansey hater: don't be so mean with the poor egg! Chansey is our saviour, and for exemple allowed Slaking to have a friendly backbone for these broken ashninjas, specs kokos, blacephalons, kingdras and cmon why are there so many beasts in OU BAAAAN. Tho, this team is offense, whatever you think of it I won't change my mind. Chansey will often take 50% from a lele psychock just to get rocks up, which is definitely not a stall play. Sometimes I reach the toplevel supersayen mode where I stay on lopunny and paralyze it: why would he hjk? Xatu is mighty!

L'ovni ᘳꝊ_Ꝋᘰ (Amoonguss)
Coba Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Foul Play

El blobby blob pivot

Amoonguss isn't a wall, because the metagame hits way too hard. But in this team, amoonguss the UU wall does a perfect job by forcing zygarde to take damage and kill it, and then getting copied by ditto, or switching out, but then letting slaking and medicham unharmed. Indeed, the team originally struggled vs subzygarde and had to make use of a desperate fullhealth revengekill by medicham. So amoonguss lives just enough long to stop and dent all the SD sweepers like scizor and kartana so as to reverse sweep them, and even if they switchout they pose no threat anymore to the team: in the case of scizor, if it survives the foulplay, slaking and its monstruous bulk take care of it by.... pursuitting it.
Also, amoonguss is the switchin to tapu koko, a massive threat due to taunt madness sets, specs voltswitch, Z wildcharge etc. And keldeo, an underrated but not so uncommon pokemon often used with sub calmmind, scarf or hydrovortex: a nightmare for Slaking.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678134696 : the kind of battles you are relieved to have an amoonguss for pivoting.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678905672 : watch how to beat hawlucha. Never spore before. Otherwise it's 6-0. as long as you keep amoonguss with enougb health, hawlucha isn't going to beat your team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678727718 : coba can help get momentum vs HO. This guys didn't play this gale very well (and woke up way too early every time) but the point is: coba helps vs pinsir

Set

Fulldef so as to avoid kos from +2 scizor, kartana and banded zygarde: tank them and weaken them as much as possible. But now let's move to the item: coba berry. Wtf is that eh? Originally it was eject button. But even though eject was heat af, it wasn't that useful even though this replays shows how the momentum boost it provides can transform a difficult scenario into a relatively easy game:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-677704675 : turn6. Eject has changed the whole game and from this moment till the end momentum will be in my favour. First game with amoonguss that made me fall in love with it :3

So Coba berry, is for..... hawlucha. Yea. Amoonguss is my hawlucha counter. Hard to believe? It actually hard stopped it every time I met it. If he knows about the coba and wants to switch out, alright. It will then lose its unburden, and if ever it comes again, then ditto will be able to outspeed it. Complex but efficient gameplan vs offense, which were unbeatable due to hawlucha's ditto-proof nature. Also, vs this sticky HO with bisharp, mimikyu etc, I really loved being able to spore a pinsir who thought it would get an easy kill.

Full def amoonguss's bulk
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 181-214 (41.9 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 255-301 (59.1 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 232-274 (53.8 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 216-255 (50.1 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 180-213 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 180-214 (41.7 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 160-189 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 408-482 (94.6 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 351-414 (81.4 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 133-157 (30.8 - 36.4%) -- 59.8% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 367-433 (85.1 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Volt Switch vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Amoonguss in Electric Terrain: 124-147 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 2.1% chance to 3HKO

Foulplay
+2 0- Atk Amoonguss Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor-Mega: 167-197 (59.4 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0- Atk Amoonguss Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 210-248 (81 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0- Atk Amoonguss Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 110-130 (40.5 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Why hpice and not foulplay vs zygarde
0 SpA Amoonguss Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 152 SpD Zygarde: 136-164 (32.6 - 39.3%) -- 6.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
VS
0- Atk Amoonguss Foul Play vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 58-69 (13.9 - 16.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Coil boosts Atk and Def so foulplay won't break the subs :'(
You can see that amoonguss avoids many 2hkos with 1% or 2% of its life left, but this is not a problem because xatu blocks ferro's rocks vs rain teams involving swampert notably, while banded zygarde is often used with the same ferrothorn or def landorus^^ however amoonguss won't be able to wall them forever so use it as a momentum control!

How to beat hawlucha

First scenario:

Turn1.
You go amoonguss and hawlucha SDs.

Turn2.
Hawlucha uses acrobatics.
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (55 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 282-332 (65.4 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (damage of +2 acrobatics vs coba amoonguss).
You spore.

Turn3.
Go Slaking/Medicham. Take this thing out.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-678438221 : turn 13. Amoonguss preventing the hawlucha sweep.

Second scenario:
youtr opponent know the team and you really fear he's gonna acrobatics on the amoonguss switch so as to break the coba and re-accro after. You have to check what pokemon you want to/can sack . Has xatu done its job? That's pretty likely, because if hawlucha comes out it means it's lategame. Or maybe xatu is Ko, so you can check slaking, chansey and medicham to see which one is too low of health/useless for the rest of the game. Tho, don't forget that:

252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 368-434 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

How did amoonguss enter the team and the miracle it entailed

Wednesday, 9 pm.
SlaKingTut '~' is playing hard to get higher than 1800 with slaking; has been blocked for several days. Thinks this version of the team is on the edge of something huge. Starts to realize the real issue is voltswitch, zygarde and uturn, and tapu bulu and kartana. KingTut gets rid of his own kartana and puts Full Def Amoonguss in the teambuilder. Goes to bed, and dreams of heatrans, tapu lele's and pinsirs smirking, punching amoonguss in its pokeball face.

Saturday, 16 pm.
Logs in on PS!. 2 hours and a half later, almost undefeated, has reached 2007 without real problems. 4 hours of playing after the dinner and the account Ktutverde is 2007 elo too. No coincidence. Amoonguss is the real god.

Indeed, something was going wrong in the team. The offensive bonus provided by kartana wasn't enough. Indeed, I originally went to 1970 with double scarf (ditto and kartana) + medi and slaking, but it was a "wrong build", which is the word I use to think of builds that look good but actually get somewhat lucky in terms of MatchUpduring the test phase but then quickly go back to the ranks they deserve. But still, I was afraid of putting that amoonguss: having only Medicham and Slaking as reliable hitters didn't seem sufficient. But as I do (and everyone should do, even if it makes you lose many points which actually isn't a problem even if u care about them, because the benefits will be much bigger afterwards), I tried with Amoonguss, and oh, that was, unexpected? Crazily awesome. I just was astounded of the incredible synergy amoonguss shared with the other members, despite I had no flying resist and fire resist.

What struck me was: often, when you build a weird team, you feel like "oh I just need a last poke to deal with charizardY and keldeo and ttar and chansey and DDnite and my team will work". But this thing doesn't exist and u actually failed the building of the 5 previous ones. But in this team, I felt: my cores are just the best I can do with Slaking, there must be a way to round the synergy perfectly with the 6th poke. And amoonguss did it. Kartana, SD scizor, specs koko, keldeo, toxic spikes, DD zygarde, which swept me, again and again, for days, eventually became a fairly easy job for amoonguss, which, equipped with foulplay and HPice, turned scizor and kartana into almost dead threats which ditto copies and reverse sweeps. Zygarde with subcoil literally 6-0'd the previous version, and became suddenly harmless with hpice amoonguss. Also, when xatu must be preserved, amoonguss is the perfect switchin to uturns, and voltswitches, which are just too dangerous for chansey. Preventing toxic spikes being impossible vs a lead greninja (icebeam vs xatu), amoonguss happened to be more than useful, it was an incredible windfall that absorbed these spikes and allowed chansey and slaking to do their bulky job safely.

swooosh...

Importable
(if ever I meet you and you haven't kept the nicks I swear you are going to die)
Pas ouf ಠ_ಠ (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

papaTrumpʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (Slaking) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Pursuit
- Retaliate

mammamia! ^̮^ (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

L'ovni ᘳꝊ_Ꝋᘰ (Amoonguss) @ Coba Berry
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Foul Play

Donald (• ε •) (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Doug (~˘▾˘)~ (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Pas ouf ಠ_ಠ (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

papaTrumpʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (Slaking) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Pursuit
- Retaliate

mammamia! ^̮^ (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

L'ovni ᘳꝊ_Ꝋᘰ (Amoonguss) @ Eject Button
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Foul Play

Donald (• ε •) (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

MOUAITTE (• ε •) (Tapu Koko) @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- U-turn

[
Okay I think that someone who reads the RMT carefully and watches the replain already know what is a pain to face but I will make it clearer: Red TopThreats, Orange moderate threats

Tyranitar :Sandstorm on its own is annoying becaus none of my pokemons have leftovers. Stealth rock ttar sucks because xatu can't bounce it, and Banded is like holy shit when will ttar drop in usage, in gen10? Somedays I face it every 2 games and something is gonna die when it comes: however it cannot directly threaten chansey because with twave and softboiled it can scout and cripple: if it comes on amoonguss (happens often because its bulk makes it take 0 from gigadrain, you can spore it). It often tries to come on Slaking but then takes a retaliate in its face. So the goal is to pressure the sandstorm team as much as possible, make xatu predictions, and make sure you get kills when you bring medicham.

Blacephalon :what a pain. The Trick version is incredibly tough to beat. But I realized many blace teams were weak to chansey because they rely on blacephalon to take chansey out and the sweep with magearna, greninja or koko. So I think the best play is to either predict trick and bring medicham or if medicham is needed just hard slaking and pursuit. But now that I've posted the RMT everybody will know it has pursuit....

Hawlucha : even though I haven't lost to it since I put koko/ coba berry amoonguss, if your opponent knows the trap amoonguss is preparing to the fighting bird, you might be forced to sack something in order to safely lull it into sleep, or revenge kill it with Slaking.

Bisharp :no switchin, if you manage to get rid of the coba it will be easier to pivot in with amoonguss. I originally just went beast mode and hard Slaking was my play, but now people have learned Bisharp can't beat a health slaking so they just keep spamming knock off, which is the play I guess.

Clefable :stealth rock clefa says fuck you to xatu, and some people have the funny idea to use Calmmind clefable in a metagame where magearna, scizor, toxapex and kartana are dominant forces. I'm just confused when I meet a calmmind clefa because I don't get the point and it's as if it was used only to waste people's time hazing it, or hard walling it throughout the game. Nevertheless, I have to paralyze it with chansey, seismic toss to lowhealth and then hard slaking or medicham, flinches+para should do the job.

Greninja : greninja itself isn't a problem at all because of Chansey. It's spikes greninja who is the issue. People get so confident vs my team and are like free spikes n_n but I JUST HARD XATU AND THEY NEVER DARKPULSE BECAUSE CHANSEY IS TOO FEARSOME!!!!! Hum, hope it helped.

Medicham-Mega: (basically gets a kills every time it comes in so why not red eh?) Medicham is a pain, but I also have a medicham which entails this: my opponent gets kills but I do too, and usually they don't realise I'm gonna win the lategame because I just need to ditto his medicham and get A SECOND MEDICHAM WITH A CHOICE SCARF WITH NO COUNTERS LEFT. Hum. I'm good at strategy ain't it?

However all these threats are lured in and psychologically destabilized by the nicknames:
-Medicham's "Pas ouf" /Pa oof/ means "not that great" so your opponent thinks medicham isn't good
-Slaking tries to make people believe he's worse than trump which is false
-Chansey appears like a cool guy with its mammamia
-Xatu is quite smarter than donald
-Amoonguss : L'Ovni /L'ovnee/ =the UFO because its strength is supernatural and he is the god who saved the team. A great example of French music is L'OVNI a song of JUL, yea yea funny song !_!
-Doug /Doog/ because the Lenny face was using too many slots and Douglas the Ditto is really real

Shoutouts

I'm afraid I can't thank all the people I would like to because I'm gonna make a mess with all the names.... If I forgot you, no worries, you remain in my heart :)

- yandaud , mouaitte : I don't know how you became my best friend in this game, and the little time I've spent with you has been magical. You are the second master of Slaking in OU and deserve your name here under the spotlights :) From hyper offense the team has become some kind of stally weird ktut build, koko is gone, but Slaking is top10 of OU and that has been possible thanks to your support! Merry christmas :)
-you ladder guys. I have to put your "name" here because I haven't really talked to anybody about Slaking and basically all my chat about it was with TTborusse, tapu moxo and other supporters, which has been really encouraging. TTborusse, whetever your smogon is, you receive the title of third knight of the Slaking Order, with your defensive mimikyu+slaking offense!!
- Markas japan loves Slaking o_0 enjoy fren!
- Staxi : new friend or ennemy? n_n jk, I'm not cute tho, I'm STRONG, alright?
- S poi re , Hiken , Magbite , RequinBleu , WcJay ,Algeria4Ever ,Givrix , SiTuM , Zokuru , Jinover , michy47 , Ahzee , @you all i'm tired there's no way I can remember all the names sry, sry!
blarghlfarghl , DANN3 , branflakes : see you soon friends! Ktut is still here to make this game fun :3
- weirdo faye : best friend among Team Rater Tutees, keep being so cool man!!
- Essence : I know you quitted the game but if ever you log in again, you will have the answer to your question: "I still can make cool RMTs!!"
Miguelmart , -Niko- : never forget you, long time no see:)) Slaking back in SM frens :0
- KuraiTenshi26 omfg man you are the god: the one who made me believe NormalSpam could work again in SM!! Thanks, thanks a million !!!!

Conclusion

Well here comes the end of my RMT. I can now enjoy my holidays with my mind free of any pokétrouble. I have to work hard and study my maths if I am to one day become engineer and do in real life what I started in the world of pokémons: innovate beyond the limits our minds set on an infinite world. See you soon frens :) Take care of my Slaking when I won't be here, and never let anger and frustration dominate you when you will be using it!!

Take care,
Ktut.

Last edited:
I love this team! I was going to ask about maximizing the efficiency of Xatu's set to invest in some speed, but it has some surprising speed creep abilities. I would suggest investing 56 EVs in Sp. Atk to guarantee a 3HKO on Toxapex with Psychic, but overall this team looks pretty cool!

Im not 100% sure of the mechanics of truant, but iirc, after you move, you have to stay in for the turn for loafing around. I was just think then surley Giga Impact would be worth the move slot over Retaliate as always hitting 150 but with 90% acc so having return for reliance.

However really cool team. Nice to see some of the less viable and more gimmicky stuff being used to great affect and the Art work is top class 11/10

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Im not 100% sure of the mechanics of truant, but iirc, after you move, you have to stay in for the turn for loafing around. I was just think then surley Giga Impact would be worth the move slot over Retaliate as always hitting 150 but with 90% acc so having return for reliance.

However really cool team. Nice to see some of the less viable and more gimmicky stuff being used to great affect and the Art work is top class 11/10
Slaking can switch, but if he stays in he won't be able to move for 1turn!

Ktütverde

of course
Okay I was tired, really tired yesterday and forgot to explain why is Xatu relaxed, why does slaking have earthquake and why does chansey have speed EVs. Also remembered I forgot important people in my shoutouts, but I told you I was going to forget even the ones I really wanted to thank, making the rmt just made my head explode after 7 hours of writing. really sorry for forgetting significant piece of information and the shoutouts, have a nice day!
Especially I wanted to say : KuraiTenshi26 this team is for you, I basically put in the shoutouts the people I saw logged in or on my discord page, but believe me, this team would have never existed without your support :)

Also added THE BEST LIQUID DNB SONG EVER, how could I forget to put a song in the RMT after reading Essence's team listening to its abandoned ship???
+Threatlist which I forgot too, yea sorry guys (it includes an explanation of the power of the nicknames to beat the said threats)

Last edited:
I've watched a few of your games (the PP war with your Chansey against that Roosting Tapu Koko was one), and I was pretty impressed with the viability of Slaking and that you had managed it at such a high rating. Kudos. It actually led me to try out Slaking on a Sticky Web team and I've found some success. You're right about Chansey, it is necessary to pair it with Slaking. One of the things I tried though was putting Counter on her, which I found more useful than T-wave.

Ktütverde

of course
I've watched a few of your games (the PP war with your Chansey against that Roosting Tapu Koko was one), and I was pretty impressed with the viability of Slaking and that you had managed it at such a high rating. Kudos. It actually led me to try out Slaking on a Sticky Web team and I've found some success. You're right about Chansey, it is necessary to pair it with Slaking. One of the things I tried though was putting Counter on her, which I found more useful than T-wave.
woow I also thought that sticky slacking could be heat with a bisharp as a breaker^^ The issue with counter is that you often have to almost sack chansey to get the counter damage, but chansey must be kept healthy if your opponent still has a greninja alive. Tho I think experiments on the twave slot are perfectly acceptable:) Thanks for support man!

Ktütverde

of course
I love this team! I was going to ask about maximizing the efficiency of Xatu's set to invest in some speed, but it has some surprising speed creep abilities. I would suggest investing 56 EVs in Sp. Atk to guarantee a 3HKO on Toxapex with Psychic, but overall this team looks pretty cool!
That's an interesting idea, but xatu is never going to beat a toxapex unless your opponent is dumb so I maximized bulk so as to better tank scizor's knock off, lopunny's return and medicham icepunch when the situation is desperate!

Ktütverde

of course
If you guys are having problems with the sprites as I do (only see half), click the lecture mode of mozilla twice just next to the url and it should be fine

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I WAS WAITING FOR THIS!
Good job, as always but I really feel to point out this:
I know you like using gimmick stuff, like Xatu in fact, but honestly talking Zapdos is better in every way.
You haven’t showed any reliable proof of Xatu’s effectiveness like you did with Slaking. So it rather looks like a dead slot for the team.
That’s it pretty much, merry xmas :]

Ktütverde

of course
I WAS WAITING FOR THIS!
Good job, as always but I really feel to point out this:
I know you like using gimmick stuff, like Xatu in fact, but honestly talking Zapdos is better in every way.
You haven’t showed any reliable proof of Xatu’s effectiveness like you did with Slaking. So it rather looks like a dead slot for the team.
That’s it pretty much, merry xmas :]
XATU is the goat because if I get rocks up with chansey and my oppo can't set up them I can sweep much more easily. I have used zapdos a lot but the loss of momentum is simply not worth it, and it is forced too roost and defog, which I don't want to. My team is offense and not stall, and I want to have a quick control of the battle. Its momentum is just incredible and allows to block ferro rocks+landorus's ones, while allowing the team to beat stall. Its probably the best partner to slaking i could find and I had to put it on all of my builds because they didn't work without xatu. I know it seems a bit odd but try the team and you'll realise how good it is! :)
Merry christmas!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey Ktütverde really cool team. I don't have much of rate, more wanted to say great work. I've loved watching this team on the ladder putting in work, and also enjoyed watching some youtubers take on this behemoth. Teams like these aren't very common. To often people try to throw 2-3 "bad" mons or ideas onto a team, and just expect them to work - but they almost never do. Your teams are the exception to this, as you really test and refine a crazy idea, until it's something really great. It's really inspiring to see when it happens, and makes scrolling the forums for teams to rate worth it.

Just so this doesn't end as me gushing a team with no substance, I guess I can leave some sort of suggestion. Ditto is a cool mon, yet happiness can sometimes end up screwing you over vs. some mons like M-Pinsir or Lopunny where you end up not being able to spam one of its stab moves with it having a BP of 1. To supplement this you can ensure you at least get something out of the Imposter by splitting your happiness. Splitting happiness means you get something along the lines of a 51 base power return/frustration, discluding any -ate abilities and stab. Will worsen your position in some games, but could save you in others. As someone who exclusivly runs Frustration M-Pinsir I wanted to point this out. Once again this is just a little tid bit so I leave something (Since I wouldn't want to change anything major on this team, as I love it so much). Feel free to let me know how it goes if you try it, and if seems like to small of a nit pick of sorts I completely understand. Keep up the good work.

Ktütverde

of course
Hey Ktütverde really cool team. I don't have much of rate, more wanted to say great work. I've loved watching this team on the ladder putting in work, and also enjoyed watching some youtubers take on this behemoth. Teams like these aren't very common. To often people try to throw 2-3 "bad" mons or ideas onto a team, and just expect them to work - but they almost never do. Your teams are the exception to this, as you really test and refine a crazy idea, until it's something really great. It's really inspiring to see when it happens, and makes scrolling the forums for teams to rate worth it.

Just so this doesn't end as me gushing a team with no substance, I guess I can leave some sort of suggestion. Ditto is a cool mon, yet happiness can sometimes end up screwing you over vs. some mons like M-Pinsir or Lopunny where you end up not being able to spam one of its stab moves with it having a BP of 1. To supplement this you can ensure you at least get something out of the Imposter by splitting your happiness. Splitting happiness means you get something along the lines of a 51 base power return/frustration, discluding any -ate abilities and stab. Will worsen your position in some games, but could save you in others. As someone who exclusivly runs Frustration M-Pinsir I wanted to point this out. Once again this is just a little tid bit so I leave something (Since I wouldn't want to change anything major on this team, as I love it so much). Feel free to let me know how it goes if you try it, and if seems like to small of a nit pick of sorts I completely understand. Keep up the good work.
I can remember that: "ditto used frustration! The opposing Pinsir lost 0% of its health!" You are indeed perfectly right, however there is one thing that I don't understand: when the teambuilder automatically sets happiness to 255 and that the smogon importable is a return pinsir, why would you use frustration? Once I tried it for fun but the teambuilder resetted happiness to 255 after each battle so I thought nobody would use that x) The situations where you will return a pinsir are extremely rare (you can only if you have almost all your health and that pinsir isn't boosted). In the case of lopunny that can be troublesome: tbh, I have no idea what to do; if frustration things are so common I might consider making it halfhappiness or idk. Tho hitting with a weak moves is quite bad and I think I would rather have a 102 BP move every 2 battles than a 50-70 permanently. Tho if someone is able to give me statistic figures of return's use I would be pleased x) It's up to you if you try the team, feel free to tell me how it worked with a happiness spread^^

Thanks for support man, I really need positive feedback like yours to keep believing in cool mons like Slaking! :) See you!

Thank you for this team! I have been waiting for a good Slaking team, and this is literally the perfect team for me to use lmao. Just an idea tho, any reasons on why it’s Amoongus over Pex or Growth besides those on ur analaysis?

Ok, you are one of my most favorite teambuilders in smogon. You always think out-of-the-box. I love the use of Slaking. Just a small nitpick. How do you deal with Mega Sableye. I am using your team and

Ok, you are one of my most favorite teambuilders in smogon. You always think out-of-the-box. I love the use of Slaking. Just a small nitpick. How do you deal with Mega Sableye. I am using your team and
In the replay vs stall He copied it with Ditto and Pp stalled switching in amoongus and xatu, I don't think peaple uses Sableye mega if not in stall, so that should be the way

Ktütverde

of course
Thank you for this team! I have been waiting for a good Slaking team, and this is literally the perfect team for me to use lmao. Just an idea tho, any reasons on why it’s Amoongus over Pex or Growth besides those on ur analaysis?
SLAKINGlike n_n so yea basically you have to love slaking with such a name.
I don't know if you have tried the team without amoonguss: try and you will realize how are voltswitch/uturn impossible to beat; you will also autolose to SD scizor, SD kartana, subzygarde. Toxic spikes will also just beat chansey, slaking and ditto. These are sufficient reason, and amoonguss deals with all of them. You won't find another pokemon able to pivot this way, tank uturns and voltswiches so easily while putting scizor in ko range of slaking and ditto. I hope I helped, but the best is to try wth amoonguss and then without amoonguss to understand the difference^^

Edit: just added a damage database in Amoonguss's analysis so you understand how foulplay and it's physical spread help the team! :)

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
Ditto+Amoonguss= goodbye sableyemega. Watch the replay vs stall in Ditto's gear2 analysis to see how sableye is useless vs my team!
Thanks for support man, I really appreciate positive feedback especially because I make these teams for all of you who like cool teams:)

Ktütverde

of course
For all of you who want to ask questions, I will say it again: this team is offense, in spite of looking weird. It cannot withstand repeated attacks. Even though it features chansey+amoonguss, they carry Twave, foulplay and spore which allow very aggressive plays, and sometimes get worn down but bring a key threat down too. The ultimate goal is a ditto sweep or Slaking "pivot-sweep" : ditto's sweeps are easy to understand, while slaking sometimes uses the backbone to keep its fullhealth and come, get an OHKO with retaliate, sack/pivot, and come back again to repeat it. Medicham is useful early game by eliminating in one shot all the pokemons that your opponent could use as a sack vs slaking and this way making you lose your momentum.
Xatu is the momentum king thanks to magic bounce and rockyhelmet.
That's why I got rid of stuff like zapdos notably, which in spite of helping vs pinsir and scizor and hawlucha, was passive and made me lose the momentum: and an offense team without momentum fails.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)