NOC 2OC2NOC - Day 7: Zorbees is Dead.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
The reason I thought OM Room could be scum was that if I have an action that prevents redirects, it make sense for a redirecting role of some sort to be scum/3p

Doctor's visit went well, but then TIL boiled egg tacos are a thing so all that talk about preventative cholesterol management might have gone in one ear and out the other.

CaffeineBoost Could you give percentages for how likely you think Reverse Hider is to be Town, scum, and 3p? Not expecting it to all neatly add up to 100%, so don't box your thoughts in like that.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
saying "dont claim unless you are scum" is literally the most empty words you can say and theres nothing wrong with people answering questions that arent directed at them

Also there probably is some kind of scum redirecting role, but there's also a reasonable chance that a town one shows up in the game as well. We have 30 players.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Doctor's visit went well, but then TIL boiled egg tacos are a thing so all that talk about preventative cholesterol management might have gone in one ear and out the other.

CaffeineBoost Could you give percentages for how likely you think Reverse Hider is to be Town, scum, and 3p? Not expecting it to all neatly add up to 100%, so don't box your thoughts in like that.
Can't put exact percentages on it, I just think that it's more likely than usual for it to be Scum than anything else. So idk, 65 on scum, 35 on town. After further thought I see no reason for reverse hider to be 3p.
I've played a game as a reverse hider where the point of the reverse hider was to protect more important scum, so the possibility is there. The rest falls upon it being likely that my blocking of redirects is meant to directly oppose a scum role.

Traditional Hider is 3p because the role takes on the alignment of its target, so before taking your meta case into consideration I had it at 65% likely Town, 40% likely scum, 50% likely 3p. That assumes Reverse Hider also forms a connection with another char, tho, and isn't just a fancy name for Bodyguard.

I don't think extrapolating additional roles from our own abilities is a viable tactic for scumhunting. Expect something to be there and you might go on a wild goose chase looking for it. Expect something to not be there and you risk getting blindsided by it.

Traditional Hider is 3p because the role takes on the alignment of its target, so before taking your meta case into consideration I had it at 65% likely Town, 40% likely scum, 50% likely 3p. That assumes Reverse Hider also forms a connection with another char, tho, and isn't just a fancy name for Bodyguard.
What becomes possible when we use 100% of our brain?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
when you said that originally i thoguht you meant it'd be ok to be off a few percentage points, not have it add up to 155% where nothing makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)