2008 Olympics

I just simply have been looking for these for a looong time now. Watching the Olympics is just simply amazing, they are phenomenal athletes who capture teh imagination fo millions. I've been watching as much as possible today on nbcolympics.com

I'm a highschool XC/Track runner so what I look for is that 1500/5000 doubel from Laggat. And basicallye evry track event is justs imply gonna be blazin. Also the us has Micheal Phelps. He holds World Records in several events and has been setting records since the age of 15. He coudl bring home 8-9 gold medals!! That's amazing. And man oh man with Tyson looking fro that gold in teh 100 meter (he cramped up and failed to qualify in the 200 meter unfortunatly so no double gold for him).

http://www.nbcolympics.com/
That's the link with all teh tv and onlien schedules, great info with a really easy layout to follow. Anyone else have any favorites/thoughts oin the olympics.

My personal favorite is Leonel Manzano (1500 meters). he won't win teh event but he's just and idol of mine, especailly after the way eh won the NCAA championship iin the 1500.

Personally I don't like it because I can't see Jay Leno, and Late night with Conan O' Brien. Not to mention sports bore me. Playing them I do like but watching no. Its like watching someone eat a cake.

I'm not watching it in respect to Morgan Hamm succeeding in Ninja Warrior before his injury. That show is 10000% awesome and he beat the shit out of it

if anything, you guys should watch the opening ceremony. i don't think i've ever seen a show quite as grand or impressive as this.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The commercials were the best part.

Did you see that Coke commercial featuring the little CGI birds? It was so CUTE!

Or what about that United commercial with the underwater symphony? That was awesome.

I can't really watch them - they come from around 2am-9am over here. I stayed up and watched a little bit yesterday.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm actually really looking forward to table tennis, as I and my brother have been playing a lot since I came home for the summer.

Gymnastics is another very, very cool event that I think a lot of younger males avoid because, well, it's gymnastics. But if you haven't seen it much before, then I would definitely recommend it; the events are entertaining and exciting.

The short distance running appeals to me too; I think it's fun to watch the fastest guys in the world run. But maybe it's just me...

(On another note, PH34R, is it really too much to ask to make the OP readable?)

Woot.. Olympics pwn =)

I hope Asafa Powell will win this time.. down with u, Tyson Gay!
Coming from Turkey, I hope the few athlets will win.

Just posting to say that the opening ceremony was the single most stunning piece of television I've ever seen.

Also go NZ yeah woot.

Opening ceremony was pretty sweet, I'll be taping all the basketball games to watch at my lesiure and I'll probably watch some other stuff if I'm bored.

The commercials were the best part.

Did you see that Coke commercial featuring the little CGI birds? It was so CUTE!

Or what about that United commercial with the underwater symphony? That was awesome.
Hehe, everyone wants their commercial on during the Super Bowl, how about the Olympics? :D

I just watched the Dutch get the luckiest penalty/shot ever in Mens soccer against the US. The opening ceremony was also amazing. The drums were pretty crazy, to have 2008 drummers drum in unison is pretty jaw dropping.

Netherlands is doing good, won gold on the 4 x 100 meter womans swimming match estafette. USA and Australia only worried about there self as opponents, what is pretty weird since Netherlands had the world record o_O. The USA coach didn't even knew that the Netherlands team had the world record...

I am looking forward to badminton, so many good players that have chances like Peter Gade, Taufik and of course the Chinese Players. Olympic Gold on badminton is so great since there is such a large players field with all good players. No dutch players but that doesn't matter much to me, badminton is a great sport imo.

And of course I'm looking forward to the basketball match between USA and China in a few minutes :D

@Bentendo1: not rly it was a fault..
But I admit USA played better which is pretty weird if you look at all the dutch players that play in the High competion in Europe like the Premiere Leaque.
It has probably something to do with the bad conditions in China, the temp. is 2x so high in China than in Netherland.

@Bentendo1: not rly it was a fault..
But I admit USA played better which is pretty weird if you look at all the dutch players that play in the High competion in Europe like the Premiere Leaque.
It has probably something to do with the bad conditions in China, the temp. is 2x so high in China than in Netherland.
USA played pretty badly first half, I was wondering where half of the team was. <_< However, in the second half it seemed to be the opposite. The Dutch shut down and then finally got back into the game after the US scored once, and after the second goal it was all desperation. The field did look pretty bad, but you gotta admit they caught a break on that last goal.

heh well I only saw the 2nd half. But when USA defended the 2-1 they had like 3 yellow cards in 5-10 minutes so they needed many faults and gave many free kicks away which leaded to the 2-2

Opening cermony was amazing. The martial arts were so together it was unbelievable. And Go Phelps! He just won gold yesterday with a new WR =) I can't wait till track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)