Project 1v1 Secret Santa 2023 (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Happy Holidays Hera
Request - Mono Fighting (https://pokepast.es/88f616c73bf94fd1)
I had a lot of fun with this. I didn't want to use Val since I think that mon is kinda boring so I started off with Okidogi to help cover Fairies, Urshifu-S to help cover Psychics, and Iron Hands to help cover Flyings. Double poison STAB is on Okidogi to beat Val/Ninetales (Supercell Slam Iron Hands doesn't actually win here unfortunately), and Low Sweep AV Urshifu-S is to beat Ogerpon-H and Meloetta. Been testing this out on ladder and overall it works pretty well, though there are some 3-0s (Band Lando-T with Fly was the main one i encountered, but Specs Val with a Psychic move as well as specific Annihilape sets also 3-0). Sorry it's so late, I really wanted to work out the issues with this team, notably swapping a lot of moves out (Ice Punch for Heavy Slam on Iron Hands, and multiple variations of Okidogi with two of Ice Punch, Outrage and Poison Jab taking up the last two slots) but this is what I settled on. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Happy New Year lemonstre1!!
:chimecho::greninja::primarina:

:chimecho: :choice-scarf:
I tried a few times to make Chimecho work, and I had marginal success with Trick + Disable so that's what I ended up using for this team. I also tried Charm + Disable and speed control + Encore + Disable as well, but they weren't as good. Chimecho OHKOes no bulk Urshifu (dark forme) and isn't OHKOed by (non-offensive item) Sucker Punch. I tried to cover the meta fairly well with 2 fun Pokemon to go with it.

:greninja: :assault-vest:
I decided I needed to attempt to beat some brokens with AV Greninja, since Chimecho beats precisely 0 top tiers. It beats (non-stall) Meloetta with Shadow Sheak (use sneak -> u-turn -> u-turn) and generally covers stuff like Hoopa-U / Darkrai that Chimecho can't beat v reliably thanks to Protean U-turn and Low Kick. You should beat Primarina with Gunk Shot -> Shadow Sneak. Low Kick is for some Archaludon, but it can be swapped for a Dark-type move or something like Ice Beam if you wish.

:primarina: :custap-berry:
Primarina covers the main threats to Greninja, mainly Iron Valiant, Regidrago, Gouging Fire. It also happens to make a monowater core for extra Christmas New Year's magic. It worked okay on ladder and I hope you enjoy it. If you're interested I'll send the mono-water team I make out of this when I finish it as well

Last edited:
Tytohbird Happy new year!!
i build something around greninja https://pokepast.es/a64758b11cc65009
i choose a classique mixed set of gren who can check a lot of mon of the actual meta.
with this gren i choose a +spe booster energy roaring moon who can easly check every set of iron valiant (very strong mon against gren)
and as last mon, i choose a sableye who can check some mons like iron hands.

this team is a bit weak against some mons like full def full hp sylveon who can tank a gun shot of gren (roll)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)