Dea
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What do you have the parameter search set to?

You might have to do it a few times. It took a few tries for me as well.
    My (two sets of) parameters are:
    Vcount: 2E
    timer0: 603/60E
    Vframe: 5
    GxStat: 6
    Okay, to find your initial seeding.
    Abuse for a standard seed (have to find your parameters and all that, and get some random seed. IV's and stuff don't matter, whatever you find first), go to RAM search, change it to specific Value, change the value to 4 bits. C+P the seed you abused for (after you get to the star part of the little movie at the beginning), click search. There should be two locations that pop up. Add them to the RAM Watch, and done.
    You're welcome ^_^

What language are you playing on?
    As there is a RAM search out there already for English and Japanese I believe. I don't have them but, they are pretty easy to find. If you need help finding the different things, I can help you.
    You can do Standard seeds. All my emu abused 5th gen mons have been Standard Abuse.

Just do the parameter search same as you did on a DS.
    Just have to change the Timer0 to be 400 to 800.
    Dea,
    I'm sorry if I came across as rude. But as you say, I can be seen as an expert in the subject.

And I wasn't "justifying" myself to you, I was trying to get you to reconsider your position. If your position is that non-RNGers are lazy no-goods, then you're objectively wrong. :P

When you've got wireless, and are free to trade, VM me. Also note that if you have G5, I'm willing to give you some DW female pokemon for free I've picked up. Just a thought.
    Now I could talk ethics all day (and I'm not one of those hypocritical ethicist who says one thing, and does another - I do what I think is right, not what is easy or that benifits me); but something tells me you'd be more interested in trading pokemon. We can continue our ethics debate afterwards. Use my Pearl FC.

What FC of yours should I use. And have you picked stuff out of my thread you'd like?
    At the end of the day, no one is forcing you to trade pokemon. It's not a moral imperative that you treat other players fairly or equally (not that I'm suggesting you do not).

The question is what do you get out of it.
    * If you trade with me, then hopefully you get several pokemon you want for only 1 pokemon you've RNGed yourself. If it's 3 for 1, you've just quadrupled your work - having 4 RNGed pokemon for the price of one.

I can understand if you put in place a policy of "not bothering" with non-RNGers because they tend to have bad stuff.

It's an empirical matter whether or not I have things you want in my thread, just as it's an empirical matter whether or not I've contributed to smogon. It's out there, look it up.
    1. I know where you're coming from; however:
    2. Not everyone can fix an engine, but I don't think that means that no but mechancis should drive cars.
    3. Your argument rests on the assumption that I, as a non-RNGer, add nothing to the process. That I am a "sponge", a parasite.
    Being that I am an ethics professor, let's test that theory shall we? Just today I have:
    a) Cloned over a dozen pokemon.
    b) EV trained 9 distinct pokemon for other people.
    c) traded over a dozen pokemon to people, on credit or not.
    d) given away DW females to RNGers to breed.
    e) advised several new smogonites how to get started here.

Oh, I've also completed a paper concering abortion I am presenting at a biomedical ethics conference this week!
    Just those 2 would be fine (and if you could hatch a non-shiny version, that'd be great too).

Regarding your policy of trading only with RNGers - (a) I hope to be one soon, and (b) I'm glad you're breaking it. I assume this policy is not a slight against those with a different skillset, but rather a time-saving policy since most people who don't RNG have pitiful threads (my thread is only partially pitiful. :P)

I've talked to 2 G5 RNGers today and they told me that they rarely trade anymore since they can RNG whatever they want at a moment's notice! What's worse, since G5 doesn't have a lottery, there's no real reason to collect other OT#s on your game anymore. :P

Still, I hope you'll take a moment to CMT - I've got a lot of good G5 pokemon I've collected, for example, that you might be interested in. No doubt when I can RNG for myself, my thread will be bigger, but until then I fall back on my skills - EV training, cloning, and being persistant!
    Hahahaha vejo que aproveitou o Carnaval, então. Na aula (cursinho preparatório), agora. ~_~

Já começou a pegar B/W? Notícias do front: aparentemente as versões UK, US e AU são idênticas.
    Coolness, I'm also on a 4-day Carnival vacation. My console showed signs of breakdown too but I'll wait for the release of the 3DS to replace my old one. Let us both enjoy the holidays then.
    I'm a college professor defending his dissertation next week - in a sense, I do not have a lot of time to play pokemon.

I my degree is in moral philosophy, and I am fully aware of the immense time and skill it takes to RNG. I have neither the skill (at present) nor the time to learn the skill (for the immediate future).

You have a valuable skill - one that, at some point in the future (GV hopefully), I hope to come to have as well.

If you are worried about payment - I either have something you want or I don't. I do what I can with what I have. You asked for 3 credits for 1 RNG - I actually thought that was low - and if you want more credits, just ask.

(Ironically, the problem with only doing RNG projects for people who can RNG is that if someone can RNG, they don't need to commission RNG projects. :P)

best,
    labarith
    Pode deixar, vi seu e-mail.

O segundo era pra me mostrar que saiu a versão europeia do B/W?
    Nenhum. Só não poderia ser de HeartGold mesmo, porque ia me dar um baita trabalho trocar de .sav lá.
    ... se você não tivesse dito eu não saberia. Vai ter amanhã e domingo num shopping por aqui.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…