Zarel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Zarel I just wanted you to know how much I love PS and I wanted to thank you for creating a site so epic.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Aww, I'm glad you like it. :)
    I really don't want to bother you with this, but is there some other thing I'm missing besides forwarded ports and a static IP for running a PS server on an Ubuntu machine? PS installs and runs fine and hosts locally, but won't host any external connections :c

I've been able to host a Pokemon Online server with ease, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get a PS server to work on my machine.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Forwarding ports is enough... Are you sure you're forwarding the _right_ ports?
    Naoi
    Naoi
    I was pretty damn sure I was. I uninstalled it awhile ago, but I'll try again once I have access to my machine. I remember switching up the ports though in node.js though before running the program instance to all of the different ones I had forwarded.

Maybe I'll just wipe the machine this time and see if that does anything. Thanks for helping me though ^^
    Zarel
    Zarel
    You could also check the console for crashes. A common error is to use an old version of node (the version in your repos is probably too old).
    'Ey. I was wondering if there will ever be a feature for a "/unwarn" feature. I've heard that they go on record, and if so, I believe there should be some way to "unwarn" people if someone makes a mistake. (Warning the wrong person, for example.)

Of course, I could just be stupid. . .
    Zarel
    Zarel
    We already have the ability to mark a warning as a mistake.
    AxeBane
    AxeBane
    Oh. Is that so? Heh, that's nice.
    hi zarel will there ever be an implementation on Pokemon Showdown where we can unban ourselves?
    Arcticblast
    Arcticblast
    I believe mikel is working on implementing this, actually. Ask him about it.
    Seems silly, but will there ever be an implementation on Showdown where you can change your name's colour without being a driver/mod?
    Hey Zarel, I got the idea of name clearing. So like if there are users that have like 6+ months without signing in or 12+ months would be cleared from PokemonShowdown and other users would be able to take those names. It is just an idea for some people to get more name choices. What do you think about it?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    No. We're definitely aware of that concept (it's not a very new concept), but it's nice to be able to reserve old/unused names and only manually hand them out, so they're usually still available when we need them.
    Are you who I talk about about Middle Cup? I think its the best Om implemented on Showdown and that it should be permanent and that you guys should let those who meet reqs for for its stay.
    Zarel do u happen to know how i can make an asb(anime style battling) team.
    It's a forum or something here.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    ...I don't know. Why'd you ask me?
    Geodude6
    Geodude6
    Can't tell if red is troll...or just really dumb.
    SonRed
    I'm neither. I am new here I'm really confused and want to be in asb.
    Would it be possible to implement something into Pokemon Showdown where you can get a custom sprite or below-voiced users can get one?
    Hey, I was hoping for constructive criticism if you wouldnt mind helping
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Helping with what?
    HosMoney
    HosMoney
    A team I plan to use in the PWC this year. was wondering if you might be able to take a look & give me your thoughts
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I'm not good at playing, and I don't think I have enough free time for that, sorry.
    Oh, that is too bad. Just one more thing, if there is some reason other then you not requiring an occupation due to which you immediately refused this, then I suggest you at least pursue this briefly. The perks of working at our private corporation are just too many to be ignored! If that is not the case then good luck on your future endeavors. Also, apologies for contacting you so informally.
    Hello Zarel, I have gotten hold of your resume and have noticed you have completed your studies. Whether you pursue a graduate degree or not, I was wondering if we could have a talk about a few job openings I need to fill. Your email and positive response (i.e. I am interested in a full/part time occupation) is much anticipated.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Sorry, I'm not interested.
    Hey Zarel I was playing platinum the other day and went to the league and an idea poped out, can you please put Champion Cynthia's battle song on Pokemon Showdown?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    No, PS usually shies away from music that sounds too "epic".
    NickFusi0n
    NickFusi0n
    Would the Gym Leader/Successor Korrina music from X and Y be considered "too epic"?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yes.
    Hello Zarel, you may never se this but if you do. Im majoring in Computer Science. I heard you did or are too. Any tips?. Sorry for posting here but everytime you enter Showdown you put on Modchat and I cant ask.....Thanks hope you see this
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I'm, um, not really much of a tips guy. I guess you should learn functional programming? It's pretty cool.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…