SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Eve

back
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Ok so I'm gonna collect my evidence that this is fake more concisely.
The home render is literally a trace of galarian rapidash with regular rapidash's head plastered on lmao. even the lighting matches
1603239357937.png

The model is literally just galarian rapidash's with some fairly simple adjustments. Also, they had it in HD, rendered with lighting, on a transparent background. They also had access to, and were playing with, the model without textures in the aforementioned deleted tweet.
1603239428654.png

Possibly most damning though is that real leaks would have been taken down by now.

I'm guaranteeing that this isn't real. Give me things to do if I'm wrong, I'll do them.

Edit: Also the fact that the Ice Horse, which is far more unique in design, hasn't been shown in any detail and what we've seen looks honestly quite shoddy (if not stolen from other mons, perhaps?). Why haven't we been shown it?

Last edited:
The home render is literally a trace of galarian rapidash with regular rapidash's head plastered on lmao. even the lighting matches
View attachment 283353

The model is literally just galarian rapidash's with some fairly simple adjustments. Also, they had it in HD, rendered with lighting, on a transparent background. They also had access to, and were playing with, the model without textures in the aforementioned deleted tweet.
View attachment 283354

Possibly most damning though is that real leaks would have been taken down by now.

I'm guaranteeing that this isn't real. Give me things to do if I'm wrong, I'll do them.

Edit: Also the fact that the Ice Horse, which is far more unique in design, hasn't been shown in any detail and what we've seen looks honestly quite shoddy (if not stolen from other mons, perhaps?). Why haven't we been shown it?
What about the standalone models of the ghost horse? Those don't bear any resemblance to either Rapidash form. Also Centro has taken down several tweets throughout the day

Eve

back
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
What about the standalone models of the ghost horse? Those don't bear any resemblance to either Rapidash form. Also Centro has taken down several tweets throughout the day
the standalone model is the same modified model of galarian rapidash, rotated. nothing crazy. and yeah, taking down your own stuff is a good way to add credibility to a leak. it's been done before and it'll be done again.

leakers often have inspiration for their fakes, whether it's some clever theme for a starter trio or some mythological backing for a fake legendary concept (!!!).

the standalone model is the same modified model of galarian rapidash, rotated. nothing crazy. and yeah, taking down your own stuff is a good way to add credibility to a leak. it's been done before and it'll be done again.

leakers often have inspiration for their fakes, whether it's some clever theme for a starter trio or some mythological backing for a fake legendary concept (!!!).

The sprite work looks identical to the models.

I don't see how these could be fake considering it falls in line with everything we know. Between the sprites, models, moves, abilities, and dex entries that's too much to fake without screwing up especially since they line up with previous information, we know from previous datamines.

EDIT: No Rapidash models match the regular models for Spectrier

Eve

back
Community Leader

I don't see how these could be fake considering it falls in line with everything we know. Between the sprites, models, moves, abilities, and dex entries that's too much to fake without screwing up especially since they line up with previous information, we know from previous datamines.
those blurred images were posted by the same person? they just blurred it then posted the unblurred image later what.
also the account responsible liked a tweet months ago that suggested the link to a ghost horse and ice horse, which is probably where they got the idea. it's one of their only liked tweets.

On the contrary, imagine a leak that didn't fall in line with everything we know, like a Pokedex leak without Grookey/Scorbunny/Sobble at the dawn of Gen 8. It's obviously fake, but that doesn't mean any random leak with Grookey/Scorbunny/Sobble in it is 100% real in comparison.

Saying what we already know doesn't have anything to do with the leak itself. Of course any leak worth its salt after the datamine is going to use the ideas found within it, real or not. Personally I'm just going to wait until the DLC actually releases, but I just wanted to point that out.

EDIT: No Rapidash models match the regular models for Spectrier
Yeah, that "spritework" is clearly the models just obscured and such. Especially since there aren't shiny sprites.

So you're telling me that these guys took an obscure ass tweet from June to create a fake leak and release it 2 days before the DLC release around the time that datamines and leaks usually drop. These same people also leaked the move tutor moves for the IoA. These people are gonna do an 11th hour fake for what reason? They have plenty of clout within the community

Yeah that's not likely. It'd tank any credibility and goodwill they have made within the community. Plus outside of a potential reuse of Rapidash for Calyrex Spectrier combo all the other models are completely unique. Why would they go to the effort of faking models for literally everything else and then say fuck it and copy on the second to last mon. It makes no sense for it to be fake.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I thought you were joking when you posted Ghost horse and Rapidash pics next to each other. Accusing this of being Photoshop stuff in the middle of the Photoshop Rhyperior stuff wasn't the best timing.

View attachment 283353

View attachment 283354

That's pretty good evidence and it helps explain why there's no G-Sloking. The Shiny Legends are pretty much recolored official artwork and we don't have G-Slowking's art. We've also seen the in game model, so it's better to say it's corrupt and not to try than try to make it and get found out immediately due some small inconsistencies.

Edit: We've seen G-Sloking's art, which is a shot from below, and we've seen G-Sloking from above in game. Looks easy to mess up when there's two completely different angles that look it looks so different from.

Remember the last time someone staked something on something being fake? Cobraroll bet his pic. For those who didn't remember, I didn't make a typo in that name. I hope you like having a cod fish pic if these are real. :P

Last edited:
Why would they go to the effort of faking models for literally everything else and then say fuck it and copy on the second to last mon. It makes no sense for it to be fake.
"I did it for the lulz"

People will do just about anything (that isn't morally repulsive) for short term amusement, just to see how people will react.

This could go either way.

Never forget the infamous "Grinch Leak".

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
The dude keeps posting on official pokemon posts with stuff like “uwu gamefreak don’t take down my leaks” and they’re not lol

Reactions: Eve

Eve

back
Community Leader
That's pretty good evidence and it helps explain why there's no G-Sloking. The Shiny Legends are pretty much recolored official artwork and we don't have G-Slowking's art. We've also seen the in game model, so it's better to say it's corrupt and not to try than try to make it and get found out immediately due some small inconsistencies.
I didn't mention Sloking, I was talking about ice horse! I've been keeping up to date with every post- I had twitter notifs on so I didn't even miss the ones that were instantly deleted after being posted on accident. Ice horse not being shown is what I was thinking about.

One other thing: does anyone know how this leak actually happened? or even could have?

So you're telling me that these guys took an obscure ass tweet from June to create a fake leak and release it 2 days before the DLC release around the time that datamines and leaks usually drop. These same people also leaked the move tutor moves for the IoA. These people are gonna do an 11th hour fake for what reason? They have plenty of clout within the community
My guy, that particular tweet was the talk of the town in circles like ours.
A dedicated and halfway competent fraudster in this day and age would indubitably have learned of that stir and tailored his work to match.

It also sounds like Centro buys this information from leakers, so the average digital artist would have had a plausible motivation to con them.

Last edited:
One other thing: does anyone know how this leak actually happened? or even could have?
Someone suggested that it could be a situation similar to how Roy and Ryu were leaked in Smash for 3DS/Wii U where the patch was datamined before it went live because they were uploaded to servers prior to the update.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Someone suggested that it could be a situation similar to how Roy and Ryu were leaked in Smash for 3DS/Wii U where the patch was datamined before it went live because they were uploaded to servers prior to the update.
The leaker claims they’ve known of the info revealed for months now

Honestly if anything were going to indicate to me that these were fake it's more just how generic they are.
Spectrier, if it's real, is just "Horse".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)