SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm guys? Remember when that guy said Z-Belly Drum heals you when you use it? Yeah um....

"How much HP? All of it. Ditto for Curse if the user is a Ghost-type. (If user is not a Ghost-type then Attack goes up one stage.)"

...we're screwed.
Another nail on stall coffin.

Seriously the generation we need unaware more than anything we get multi stages free for all set up Z moves and anti status grounded set up sweepers terrain+anti priority for grounded set up sweepers terrain.

All these new descriptions make me very happy. I missed them (iirc after Gen IV, GF stopped writing new entries for old Pokémon and just reused previous blurbs) and it's great that they even included entries for forms and megas. Some of them are plain funny or heartless. Here are some of my favorites:

Slowpoke:
Alolan home cooking involves drying Slowpoke tails and then simmering them into a salty stew.
Alolan Exeggutor:
As it grew taller and taller, it outgrew its reliance on psychic powers, while within it awakened the power of the sleeping dragon.
Mega Kangaskhan:
Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.
Mega Absol:
As the energy of Mega Evolution fills it, its fur bristles. What you see on its back are not true wings, and this Pokémon isn’t able to fly.
Mega Glalie:
It envelops prey in its mouth, freezing them instantly. But its jaw is dislocated, so it’s unable to eat them.
Rampardos:
Records exist of a revived fossil that evolved into Rampardos. It proceeded to escape and then destroy a skyscraper with a headbutt.
East Gastrodon:
Experiments are being conducted to discover what happens when a Gastrodon is raised in a location other than the sea where it was born.
Vanillish:
This Pokémon has existed since the Ice Age. It controls particles of ice, freezes its opponents, and then shatters them with a headbutt.
I recommend checking the rest.

great because what the hell mega garchomp
Gengar: Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.

Well thanks Rotomdex for your confidence in me :/

Adding these because R+N was right, this is golden

Umbreon: When this Pokémon becomes angry, its pores secrete a poisonous sweat, which it sprays at its opponent’s eyes.

Crobat: Both its legs became wings, and as a result, it can’t move well on the ground. All it can do is crawl around.

Sableye: It’s a fiend for gemstones, so it stalks Carbink. Unfortunately, Gabite almost always grabs them first.

Salamence(Mega): Anyone standing in its path gets sliced right in two, while this Pokémon continues its flight without interruption.

Pangoro: It boasts superb physical strength. Those who wish to become Pangoro’s Trainer have no choice but to converse with their fists.

Last edited:
I pretty much have to completely change how I play, not much you can do about fast set up mons with t wave nerf and unaware being destroyed...plus a couple of the few sweepers I use got nerfed too..I pray Mega Sableye doesnt get banned cuz Ill have to rely on him.

I'm loving those Pokedex Entries. They totally sound like someone's opinion on the Pokemon... which they are, since it's a living being. RotomDex also gives tips on certain entries.

these dex entries are amazing
Froslass's entry is an obvious reference to Mystery Dungeon Explorers, where a Froslass does exactly that.

(Can't remember if something like that was referenced before PMD)

I'm loving those Pokedex Entries. They totally sound like someone's opinion on the Pokemon... which they are, since it's a living being. RotomDex also gives tips on certain entries.

Froslass's entry is an obvious reference to Mystery Dungeon Explorers, where a Froslass does exactly that.

(Can't remember if something like that was referenced before PMD)
I think it's something yukionna do in general
still messed up!

Can someone tell me if Z-Bug Buzz deals damage to a Pokemon with Soundproof as its ability.
Also, what does Z-Quiver Dance do?

Primeape: It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however.
WAT
Muk: The stench it gives off will make your nose scrunch up. Still, there are Muk fans who think that’s a good thing.
Umm..

Cubone: When it thinks of its deceased mother, it weeps loudly. Mandibuzz that hear its cries will attack it from the air.
So tell me, Alolan Marowak, why do you think that GRASS TYPES are your natural enemy?

Remember Yamask? Well, guess who is a dead human aswell!?
And remember who was also a human before!?

The Gengar from Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team

Still scarier than Cofagrigus. Gengar is basically trying to pull a Frankenstein's Monster.

Really, those entries are excellent. They do sound like Rotom is making them up or adding some morbid sense of humor to them.

And are we supposed they are given to 11 year-old kids? Alola must have really lax moral guardians.

Here's some others that I found interesting.

Cleffa:
Because of its silhouette, it’s believed to be a star reborn. For some reason, it loves Minior.
Drifloon:
If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound.
Solgaleo:
This Pokémon is said to be a male evolution of Cosmog. At the activation of its third eye, it departs for another world.
Is it pure flavor or does this mean that Solgaleo/Lunala are gendered/breeedable?

Another interesting pair. The Pokémon world is not as ecologically doomed as our world and the crystals found in Alolan Grimer/Muk may come from Garbodor.

Muk:
After recent environmental improvements, this Pokémon is now hardly seen at all. People speculate that it may go extinct at some point.
Garbador:
For a time, their numbers increased explosively in Alola. Since the arrival of Grimer, their population has decreased dramatically.

And remember who was also a human before!?

The Gengar from Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team

I knew this image was going to be useful at some point

Here's some others that I found interesting.

Cleffa:

Drifloon:

Solgaleo:

Is it pure flavor or does this mean that Solgaleo/Lunala are gendered/breeedable?

Another interesting pair. The Pokémon world is not as ecologically doomed as our world and the crystals found in Alolan Grimer/Muk may come from Garbodor.

Muk:

Garbador:

OK why is everyone saying all these pokemon suck because of speed? I think gamefreak did a little too much on the speed creep, and is trying to rectify it. I don't think speed shouls be the only deciding factor if a pokemon is good or not...

Dex entries aside. What's everyone thoughts about the Water/Flying duo Mantine and Pelipper? Mantine seems like at the very least rise to UU with Roost in it's movepool, and the HP boost. Pelipper also might take Politoad's spot of defacto rain setter with the spectacular set of Scald/Roost/Defog/Hurricane.

Also, Rotom seems to need its facts checked:

"Chansey: Not only are these Pokémon fast runners, they’re also few in number, so anyone who finds one must be lucky indeed."

Solgaleo:

The Lunala dex says this:
Lunala: It is said to be a female evolution of Cosmog. When its third eye activates, away it flies to another world.

Could you link to the pastebin you are using? Obviously one pastebin is the Sun dex and one is the Moon dex. I am currently reading this one: http://pastebin.com/FfXdLLTZ

And now for some more "for kids" facts:
Toxapex: Toxapex crawls along the ocean floor on its 12 legs. It leaves a trail of Corsola bits scattered in its wake.
Araquanid: It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.
Shiinotic: Forests where Shiinotic live are treacherous to enter at night. People confused by its strange lights can never find their way home again.
Salazzle: For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with.
Bounsweet: A delectable aroma pours from its body. They are often swallowed whole by Toucannon lured by that wafting deliciousness.
Komala: It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Mimikyu: Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock.

And a little bonus fact:
Dhelmise: Swinging its massive anchor, it can KO Wailord in a single blow. What appears to be green seaweed is actually its body.
Typing and ability now make sense to me.

Sorry for clogging this thread with those dex entires, but I am absolutely in love with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)