Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
groudon is ground type, and the types it is weak to are specially inclined (water, ice, and grass), while also having drought weakens one of those weaknesses so basically, it's only weak to grass and ice types. and i'm fairly certain that groudon has some actual special bulk to back up his awesome physical bulk as well

avalugg is weak to steel, rock, fighting, and fire. 3 of those types are physically inclined while fire is more specially inclined. fighting and fire are among two of the most common attack types in OU, steel is on the most popular OU poke the past 2 generations, and there's stealth rock

while numbers alone will show avalugg has a better defensive rating than groudon, his typing makes him much worse at taking hits especially when it will be common for him to come out with only 75% of his health, also having no resists outside of ice attacks is pretty shitty

^ unfortunately groudon neutralizes water moves and has a monster attack stat backing him up; avalugg is weak to some of the most common types in the game (as of gen V)
Yeah he's no groudon, lol not saying that. But I feel like people are dismissing him because he's an ice type. And maybe his low SpD

anyone knows the percentage of finding a pokemon with hidden ability in horde or friend safari?
so far i've faced so many chendelure in the friend safari but none has the hidden ability, same goes for all other pokemons i faces so far there

Yeah he's no groudon, lol not saying that. But I feel like people are dismissing him because he's an ice type. And maybe his low SpD
while numbers alone will show avalugg has a better defensive rating than groudon, his typing makes him much worse at taking hits especially when it will be common for him to come out with only 75% of his health, also having no resists outside of ice attacks is pretty shitty
Also, for lol's, Scarf Kyurem in the hail 2HKOs with Blizzard, while mixed Abomasnow 2HKOs with Blizzard after SR (the one type avalugg resists), so it's safe to say switching into special attacks is not this guy's forte..

Oh, this thread's open again! I was actually starting to miss it.

Now that I have this chance: thanks to all the leakers for making this gen a spoilertastic success, and feeding us like the salivating dogs that we are! Good job Smogonites!

Also, it wouldn't be a new region without...

The world's only international policeman! (apparently)

Now that I have this chance: thanks to all the leakers for making this gen a spoilertastic success, and feeding us like the salivating dogs that we are! Good job Smogonites!

LOOKER!!! I love that guy! :D

Oh look it's one reference to Sinnoh Diamond and Pearl remake must be confirmed.

Does he eventually give anything special like some mega stones and things like that? Or the Sinnoh starters probably not but still would be cool.

That list of mega evolution trademarks from August is looking surprisingly accurate with the recent confirmation of Banette and Medicham.

every generation has been physically inclined (i'm fairly certain at the end of each gen, the number 1 poke was a physical attacker) and that doesn't seem to change as long as chansey and blissey are around

chansey and blissey are such good special walls that they have no problem taking on any special attacker with basically no fear, there is no physically defensive pokemon with the same walling capabilities as those two are for special attacks
In doubles, physical attackers are generally worse than special attackers. There are a few reasons for this, but there are two really important ones. First, intimidate is very, very good in doubles, because it affects both opponents. Second, Blissey and Chansey are very rare. Their low Defense makes them easy targets for physical attackers, and they don't last very long when they're being double targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)