Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precipice

Thats bull.
is an Artist Alumnus
Sup I'm Precipice.
Graphics is one of my hobbies and I do it in my free time, I prefer working with stock images to cartoons as they often come out nicer and I don't have to spam them with textures or brushes :3 Unforunately you can't post threads with banners here so to get feedback im gonna have to do one mighty big post. This is some of my work...Cartoon/Anime Banners:

Icons

Stock Image Banners:

Big Banners/headers:

Thats all folks ^^

Oh, Precipice, those are cute! I love how sparkly some of those are. I think your stock style is fantastic -- I've always been a fan of that particular style. ^^ You have good colouring. I think Team Walrus might be a bit better if you lowered the contraast, but I like it. :3

can we not put tags/banners in out signature?
Only badged users may.

And here's something I made for myself while bored, but I don't think I'll use it. ^^;;

I tried, I can't draw too well, so all I had was the sprite. O.o

thank you this is going to be my avatar for serebii and PO forums :)

still need a new smogon and bulbapedia avatar though guess i'll make it myself .

thank you very much.

EDIT: and don't feel too bad I din't get the jins designs as well, too hard to post them up in deviantart.
official artwork please come out!

Thanks jumpluff. I really appreciate the help. oh, and I like your avatar.

For icay, here is your porygon and thank you so much for your patience.

Thank you all once again ;) !

Could it be? A sprite that's *gasp* turned out well and looks interesting, with even a scratched part?!

Yup, here it is:

It looks silly :D But I like it.

ALSO: Every good spriter needs a gimmick, right? Like a really good dex, or zombie pokemon, or rotom forms, or disguises. Well here's mine: Cloud Pokemon! Starting with Feebas!

I like the cloud pokes. I do think that you should recolor their parts. Maybe the ice cream pokemon will work. Do you try animating any sprites?

This is my first bid at scratching (the Robo Victini)... I fused the upper body of a super nerd from HGSS with Thorton's legs and replaced the Pika-bot With a Victini -bot that I scratched myself. The nerd and the Victini - bot need work. Any thoughts or comments on how I should improve?

EDIT:

keys2thekingdom: I think that you did a good job scratching, but you need to shade the victini to make it look real. That's pretty much the only flaw with it.
Shaded Robo Victini.

I like the cloud pokes. I do think that you should recolor their parts. Maybe the ice cream pokemon will work. Do you try animating any sprites?
I did try animating a sprite, but unfortunately came out very badly. It was similar to your voltorb, but with a weedle and the parts alternated colours. I'll do a few more cloud pokemon before attempting another animated one.

Oh, and I'm not doing any spriting with the 5th gen until the games come out in the UK.

today, I decided to make a disguise. As I looked through the sprites, I decided to keep it 1st gen - and thus, alakachoke was born
This needs work, but not a bad start. The moustache on our left looks like it's been stuck on, and editing/recolouring will be needed. This is similar with parts of the arms, especially the one on our left, as well as the pads on the knee, once again on our left. Funnily enough, the right side of the sprite seems fine.

tyrant: you should still clarify that in your sprite, like make the outline more defined
keys2thekingdom: I think that you did a good job scratching, but you need to shade the victini to make it look real. That's pretty much the only flaw with it.
bobertbojo2: that is actually a fusion, a disguise does not change the outline of the sprite, but I do like it as a fusion.

But, but, but... IT'S AWFUL!
Thanks to my brother (Smogon User No_Connection) for the idea for this piece of hideousness. I'm almost ashamed to put it into the Breloom dex :P But in it goes!

Happy Halloween!

(By the way, I don't hate it THAT much :P)

Someone is very happy about being 101st!
I can't believe that I forgot to post this guy as my 101st post.
Anyway, I should start a dex, I tried wynaut, but I got pissed off with the repetitiveness of it. Anyone got ideas?

Hello, I'd like to request an animated avatar of a shiny porygon-z, doing something along the lines of this;
(Made by cartoons!), it can be in any style you're good at, but please make it a little goofy, thanks~
Surprise PurpleMush! It took me a while but here is an animated shiny porygonZ. I hope you enjoy it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)