XY UU Zygarde n' frens - Peaked #1 with 1808

A disclaimer: I don't really know my speed tiers, or what mons hit what speed number, or what mons run what amount of speed. That is the main reason for this RMT, so you can give me advice on what I should be creeping with Roserade, and why I don't actually need 108 speed on Zygarde I made Zygarde to outspeed adamant Lucario. Shoutout to Dudeman130498 for doing all the speed calcs n' shtuff.

~​

Alright, so. DMT RMT no. 2 features the OP legendary dragon Zygarde, along with a couple unlikely companions. As I stated in my last RMT, it's not often that I make a team that actually seems to work well. While I can't say I've "peaked" at any impressive ladder position (currently rank 17 with 1700) edit: NUMBAH 1 YO, I can say that this team has managed to come out on top vs. some pretty solid UU players.

The team at a glance:

Standard FWG core, a Zygarde, a Lucario check, and a scarfer.

"BALANCED" (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 212 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature

edit:
188 HP / 132 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
So yeah. The legendary dragon guy that's currently being retested. Coil is the set I have the most success with, and it's the best answer to Blissey this team has. With the 188 HP EVs giving you 101 subs, setting one up isn't difficult. However, knowing this, most teams will carry something like encore Whimsicott, or infiltrator Crobat/Noivern. These are things that have to be dealt with before the set can really shine.
edit: I took the advice of Dudeman130498 and gave this thing a whole lot more speed. With the amount of SpD, Zygarde's subs can survive scalds from the majority of bulky waters in the tier (4 SpA Empoleon Scald vs. 188 HP / 132 SpD Zygarde: 87-103 (21.5 - 25.4%) is about as strong as bulky scalders get). With the speed, Zygarde outpaces adamant nature Lucario. For the most part, after you reveal Coil, the opponent will assume you're the bulky slow Zygarde, and will try to get off as much damage as possible (CC). But yeah. Jokes on them 'cuz you outspeed.

I just want hands (Roserade) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes/Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
Specially defensive Roserade. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I wanted something that could absorb toxic spikes, hazard stack, check Florges/Aromatisse/Whimsicott, as well as take scalds. A nice bonus is the fact that sleeping an opponent means potential setup fodder for Zygarde.
This is the poke I'm the most indecisive on EV-wise. While the special bulk allows me to take on pokes like Hydreigon/Mega-Blastoise, a more offensive variant (LO+Leaf storm, for example) could take on/out CroCune/Hippowdon much more quickly and consistently. All that aside, the SpD set has been pulling its weight so far.

"RESIST" (Darmanitan) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake/Superpower

Flare Blitz vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise:
172-203 (48 - 56.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

Flare Blitz vs. 188 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 171-201
(42.3 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 220-259
(67.6 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Point being this thing is scary.​
Mostly designed to put a lot of pressure on the opposing physical wall, CB darm gives a number of teams a tough time. With the 140 att + Sheer Force + 120bp Flare Blitz, not many pokes can switch in reliably. If the opponent has one of the few reliable counters, U-turn.

Lil Bub (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn
- Earthquake
DMT custom EV spread. Not actually though. I stole Calloflochie's SpD gligar idea, and gave it a bit of extra physical bulk, so it's still able to reliably take on scarf Mienshao. Gligar is for sure not a switchin to specs/LO variants of Hydreigon, it can deal with scarf by either roosting on the second draco, or U-turning on the dark pulse. While Gligar does give my team another x4 ice weakness, the rarity of said type means that for the most part, you're safe vs. physical attackers. The moveset is pretty self explanitory. However, I don't like the fact I consistently get crept by these speedy Nidoqueen/Megastoise. If anyone has any special speed EVs for gligar, I'd love to see them.

Soup (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
With stupidly high speedcreep, this guy offers another answer to Nidoqueen. The offensive spinner set helps to deal with most SR setters, as well as threaten out most spin blockers (barring Sableye). While I often get yelled at by people who know what they're doing in UU for running Dark/Ice/Scald, the combination has worked out for me so far. Ice beam for the obvious grass switchins/Hydreigons, Dark for Psychic/flinching other Mega-Blastoise to death (seeing as I probably outspeed), and Scald for pretty much everything else. EVs aside, if anyone has a better moveset that would synergize with my team, let me know below.

not hax (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- U-turn
- Healing Wish​

The infamous scarf Jirachi. This guy is my saviour. Apart from the obvious flinch shenanigans, Jirachi is a great offensive partner for both Darmanitan, as well as Zygarde. Being able to trick-scarf big walls like Suicune/Swampert turns them from obstacles into setup fodder. For the most part, U-turn and Iron Head are must haves on scarf rachi. Healing wish rachi is a great way to revive a worn down Darmanitan, or to give Zygarde another go at setting up.

A few notes on the team:

Very weak to Abomasnow/Ice in general
No priority
Kind of weak to Dugtrio
Does not like specs dragons
Loses to gobosox rain team​

But yeah. That about sums it up. Like I've stated a few times above, I'm not sure what I'm doing in regards to speed tiers/special spreads. I just kind of go with my gut. Leave me some feedback below, and take a look at the replays to get a feel for how things go (on a good day). King UU posted a game on the replays forum of me getting wrecked, so feel free to go check that out.

Last edited:
Hi there friend :]

The EVs on Roserade are tough, though personally I'd go for some speed to get off a nice fast powder vs. something like Nidoqueen or Honchkrow. And investing in some SpA might not be a bad idea either because Crocune looks like a problem if it sets up a few CMs. So maybe try a simple 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid and see how that goes, and you can still hold Black Sludge and keep Giga Drain for a lot more longevity.

Have you considered Hydro Pump on Blastoise? I mean if you run T-Spikes on Rose then Scald usually won't need to burn so you can afford a move with more power. You already have Dark Pulse which hits exactly as hard as Scald, so why not go for an option that provides more power? Hydro Pump 2HKOs Sableye and while I know accuracy blah blah it at least puts a LOT of pressure on it. Also it sucks burning Umbreon which switch in a lot on you. Smh for not using 31 attack IVs to maximize Rapid Spin output.

OK now about Zygarde's speed. The most I could see a SubCoil spread running is 72 EVs which outspeeds Adamant Honchkrow, defensive base 100s (Tenta, Rachi, Celebi, also Arcanine who is slower), and standard Fletchinder (important cause WoW). Anything more than that doesn't outspeed anything significant as far as I can tell.

[:

Edit: If you want more bulk on Roserade, you could run 176 Spe Timid, which outpaces Timid Chandelure so you can sleep it before you die because that's a threat to this team. You could also run 216 Spe Timid which outpaces Timid Nidoking so you can sleep it before you die because that's a threat to this team.

Another edit: Told DMT to use a spread of 188 HP / 120 SpD / 200 Spe with a Jolly Nature to outspeed everything up to Adamant Entei (on Zygarde), and your sub can still live Seismic Tosses and most Scalds.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMT
Hi there friend :]

The EVs on Roserade are tough, though personally I'd go for some speed to get off a nice fast powder vs. something like Nidoqueen or Honchkrow. And investing in some SpA might not be a bad idea either because Crocune looks like a problem if it sets up a few CMs. So maybe try a simple 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid and see how that goes, and you can still hold Black Sludge and keep Giga Drain for a lot more longevity.

Have you considered Hydro Pump on Blastoise? I mean if you run T-Spikes on Rose then Scald usually won't need to burn so you can afford a move with more power. You already have Dark Pulse which hits exactly as hard as Scald, so why not go for an option that provides more power? Hydro Pump 2HKOs Sableye and while I know accuracy blah blah it at least puts a LOT of pressure on it. Also it sucks burning Umbreon which switch in a lot on you. Smh for not using 31 attack IVs to maximize Rapid Spin output.

OK now about Zygarde's speed. The most I could see a SubCoil spread running is 72 EVs which outspeeds Adamant Honchkrow, defensive base 100s (Tenta, Rachi, Celebi, also Arcanine who is slower), and standard Fletchinder (important cause WoW). Anything more than that doesn't outspeed anything significant as far as I can tell.

[:

Edit: If you want more bulk on Roserade, you could run 176 Spe Timid, which outpaces Timid Chandelure so you can sleep it before you die because that's a threat to this team. You could also run 216 Spe Timid which outpaces Timid Nidoking so you can sleep it before you die because that's a threat to this team.

Ya the more I think about it, the more I'm favouring offensive rade.

The thing about this team is that I consistently have fun using it. Using hydro pump stoise, while it does beat Sableye/doesn't burn Umby, yeah, the acc issue lol. Maybe I'll be that guy and just run water pulse or something idek.

As for the the Zygarde speed issue, yeah you're right. Unless I wanna be that guy that runs enough to beat base 85, there's really no point running that much speed.

Thank ya :^]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)