XY LC Zigzagoon?

So when Misdreavus got banned LC players looked at the three big normal types (Aipom,Bunnelby,Zigzagoon) for inspiration. While Zigzagoon lost it's most common check it also lost the perfect Memento pokemon.This is my attempt at a Zigzagoon that deviates from the standard Diglett + Cottonee that is most commonly run alongside it. I figure I might as well share now LC Slam is over for me.

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
Level: 5
EVs: 136 HP / 200 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Protect

Bog standard set here for the Pokemon that the team is centred around here except with Def and SpD ev's switched around as I feel that physical attacks right now are much stronger and have a better chance to KO it before setting up. Protect is used as the filler move to deal with Fake Outs that threaten this and to get extra turns for Pickup to trigger. At +6 there is a only a handful of Pokemon that can stop this and that is where the rest of the team comes in.

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Play Rough
- Memento

A very weird set but it does exactly what you want for this team. 18 speed lets you surprise everything with 17 and hit them with Memento before they can even move to let Zigzagoon set up. Crunch is good STAB if you need it and Pursuit is a good way to hit Sash Abra that decide to be greedy and come out early game. It also helps with Gastly but ideally Gothita will be taking care of that anyway. Play Rough lets you punish fighting types that low to switch in thinking they are safe. It also gives you a better attack to hit Pawniard with which is something this team desperately needs. Sucker Punch would be nice over Play Rought but because you already are 18 speed and the team already has Scarf Gothita, Vacum Wave and Extreme Speed you don't need it so much.

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 244 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

THIS THING IS SO UNDERRATED. Seriously Gothita traps and takes care of so much it is unreal.

Thunderbolt is mostly for Archen but I guess it also hits like Mantyke and is the best move on Psychic types like Abra if you ever get in that situation. Energy Ball is for the extra damage on Tirtouga and Chinchou( so many teams are Ponyta weak when Chinchou goes down). Finally HP Fire lets you roast Ferroseed which you can usually force out early with Archen. Psychic is obvious STAB.

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 40 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Knock Off
- Thief
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb

Fuck Pawniard core part 1. Seriously that's why this thing is here. I could have put Mienfoo or Timburr here and they are both worth trying out in this space but I just think Croagunk is the best early game annoyer in the Tier. If you see a Tirtouga then you might want to keep this thing healthy instead until you know it's set. Berry Juice over Eviolite because the amount of 2HKO turned into 3HKO's is great. Thief has great synergy with Berry Juice and I have always found people will never let you Drain Punch what you want to hit with it to be worth a moveslot.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Fuck Pawniard core part 2. Again this slot could easily be replaced with something else like Porygon or other glues that do well against Pawniard. Ponyta was chosen because its fast, has decent offensive pressure and can spread burns around the opposite team. Nothing else to say as this is an analysis Set.

Archen (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 156 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Acrobatics / Rock Tomb
- Earthquake

Fletchling check and hazard control. This slot would be a Drilbur if Fletchling wasn't a thing but unfortunately it is. Thankfully the offensive pressure makes it very hard for Fletchling to get a SD up to break past this. Archen is the protection against Spikes or Sticky Web teams that this team needs. Any rock stab is a decent option over Acrobatics since this team can trap fighting types however Gothita might be down or something.

THREATS:

Pawniard: The only decent zigzagoon check that the team can't check. Really hard to face but Ponyta / Croagunk do very well against this. Archen can beat Eviolite set and +6 Ziggy only needs a small amount of prior damage.

Fletchling: Only one flying resist. RIP. Thankfully you can usually stop it getting an SD up and doing too much damage.

Porygon : Burn it, Knock it off and pray. Can be used as set up fodder if you feel like para is going to be nice to you.

Diglett : This is why porygon over Ponyta or Timburr over Croagunk are good options. Just hope double priority and Goth is enough.

Bunnelby: Annoying to face early game as it forces prediction from you.

Corphish: SAVE CROAGUNK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)