Media Your favourite albums?

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

my absolute favourites tend to remain relatively stagnant so it's usually more fun to look at shit I've been listening to a lot over the last few months (Tom Waits comes to mind, none of his albums would make it to my top 50 (yet) though).

This time I decided to ditch any restrictions and put in the effort to put together just what I consider the true cream of the crop. I think I've decided on a pretty clear top 4, other than that the margins are mostly razor thin and there are quite a few albums I'd consider for the bottom of the list. Pretty sure time has tested basically all of these for me, as it takes some time for an album to truly sneak into one's favorites (pretty sure Wheel is the most recent album on the list and it's from 2013, then a couple 2012 albums).

Oh shit I just noticed I don't have RIP on here lmao. Just pretend like it's in the 2nd tier ok?

Last edited:

no order outside the top 4. there were a lot of things that didnt make the cut but i still consider good (mbdtf, thr33 ringz, flockaveli, any ti album from paper trails and back, graduation, etc)
Yo, really feeling your list. What are your thoughts on Schoolboy Q? I imagine he'd fit right in that list.

Yo, really feeling your list. What are your thoughts on Schoolboy Q? I imagine he'd fit right in that list.
i like his older stuff but i wasn't really feeling his last album. i listen to him if i'm in that kind of mood but it's kind of rare nowadays. used to listen to him more in 2014-15

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
it's been a while so i wanted to update this + limit myself to one album per artist

unordered within tiers, with the exception of the top 4 (discovery/moving pictures swap depending on my mood)

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus

Decided that I wanted to try this again cause my music tastes usually tend to shift around a lot, but it's stayed pretty consistent over the past year or so and not much has changed. I wanted to do this by also including one album per artist to make it more fun. Choosing between The Great Escape and Parklife for Blur was ridiculously difficult, but Parklife is the goat album so I had to put that there instead. There are a few insanely recent albums on here like Melodrama and How Did We Get So Dark? but that just shows how awesome I think these albums are.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
The Chariot - Long Live

Gorrilaz - Demon Days

TTNG - S/T

Moma - Better Days

Elephant Jake - Classic

Tyler the Creator - WOLF

Black Flag - My War

David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang

N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton

You Blew It! - Grow Up, Dude

American Football - S/T

Tigers Jaw - S/T

Marietta - As it were

Hood Ratz - S/T (Life At 20)

Good Times - ...The Local Motion

Old Gray - Slow Burn (fight me IRL you won't)

Brand New - The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me

Title Fight - Shed

That's pretty much it, off the top of my head. I didn't do one of those grid things cause I think they're stupid. Fight me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)