Youngster Joey44's art and things

Hello, everyone. I'm Youngster Joey, and this is my art thread!

I got a tablet in December, but only started using it regularly fairly recently. My style is a bit cartoony with bold colors, but sometimes, I switch to a really sketchy style when I feel like it.

I'm still making the transition from traditional mediums to digital, so I felt like I should take up the Daily Draw challenge to get used to digital art and learn the intricacies of Photoshop and the like.

I'll mostly post my Daily Draw drawings here, but once in a while I'll post something else. Feel free to give commentary and please please tell me what I could do better. I want to know what I suck at so I can get better at it. I also take requests.

Have a nice day!

propaganda.png
My first Daily Draw, from 6/29/16
Draw Pokemon propaganda
Naturally, I had to do Team Aqua for this, with me being a Hoenn baby and them being my favorite evil team.

dd2.png
Daily Draw 6/30/16
Draw a movie poster with an actor replaced with \randpoke
As you can see, I got Krokorok. Prior to this, I had completely forgotten about Krokorok's existence. And yes, I know, meh movie... But I just had to see Krokorok wearing fairy wings.
Props to you if you see the pun in this poster.

croagunk.png
Daily Draw 7/1/16
Croagunk Diptych
[11:47] +Art2D2: Draw a famous piece of artwork but with a \randpoke OR draw a \randpoke into a famous piece of artwork. aka the Mona Lisa but featuring Meloetta.
[11:48] Youngster Joey44: \randpoke
[11:48] +Art2D2: Croagunk
andy.jpg
I kid, I kid. I got Croagunk for the \randpoke, and I decided to do some good old Andy Warhol. Here's the original, for reference.
marylin.jpg

Last edited:
dd4 copy.png
Daily Draw 7/5/16
[12:30] +Art2D2: Draw a pokemon playing Pokemon (the game)
God I suck at drawing Mew...
Anyways, I thought it would be funny if Mew played Pokemon Red/Green and saw its horrible sprite.
Next Daily Draw I'm doing with traditional mediums.

image1.JPG
Daily Draw 7/6/16
[14:17] Youngster Joey44: \dd
[14:17] +Art2D2: Draw a pokemon winning against a pokemon that has a type advantage over it.
So yeah. This is my work with a pencil and paper. Clefable is often a staple on my teams, and it usually gets beaten by Scizor. However, if it can survive a Bullet Punch, it can dish back a very powerful Flamethrower.

EDIT: Dang picture was sideways :/

Attachments

Reactions: nv
regert copy.png
Daily Draw 7/8/16
[12:19] Youngster Joey44: \dd
[12:19] +Art2D2: It's the mythical one-word prompt! Draw whatever comes to mind! This day's word is: regret
Hyped for 7/11 Day! In case you don't know, on July 11th and November 7th, you can get a free Slurpee from 7/11!
I have horribly bad luck and the sense of time of a goldfish with ADD, so I just know this is going to happen...
btw I tried to draw myself in the last panel without a reference picture, but that looks absolutely nothing like me.

Hey, everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting for a couple weeks... My schedule is just completely packed with stuff. I've got driver's training and summer classes until mid-August, so don't expect too much activity on here until then.

Also, I recently found some crap games I made in the past few years. Thought I might put them here so you can play them (as if you'd really want to). I took a class on Game Maker in 6th grade, and this stuff is the result. Have fun, i guess?

I also made another game, but it has my real name in it, so I don't really want to put it on the Internet for privacy reasons. It's finished and actually pretty good, which is a shame that I can't put it here :(

Zombie Slayer: One of my first games. Made it for a kid who wanted a game with zombies and guns. He was rather disappointed when I showed him the final result, which I can't blame him for. I guess he was expecting a first-person shooter or something. Sigh... I might get around to making a simple FPS someday, as I know how they programmed games like Wolfenstein 3D. Also, the only game on this list that is finished...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TNZ0QwCZ2adHAzY1BGOEN5NUE/view?usp=sharing

Zombie Slayer II: Made this soon after ZS1. Improved mechanics and added lots of new features such as: anti-gravity, mines, a glitchy af save feature, and many new types of enemies. I forgot to finish the game, I think. Shame on me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TNZ0QwCZ2aaFRhRzBZRmxkalU/view?usp=sharing

Zombie Slayer III: When I realized all my games were failures, I got to work on ZS3. It had many planned features, but I stopped working on it a few years ago, for some reason. WAY improved mechanics (redid the engine from scratch), an actual semi-challenging boss, and better sound. ALSO NOT FINISHED.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TNZ0QwCZ2adWViTENpZWl2eTQ/view?usp=sharing

Do the Stuff!: I was going for a time-based Four-Second Frenzy-type game, and it's fairly decent. Not much to say, just use the mouse on the earlier levels, and the arrow keys on the later ones.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TNZ0QwCZ2aS2pIaDJsVDJQdm8/view?usp=sharing

Dice Roll: Up to this point, I was just using the Drag n' Drop icons in Game Maker. This isn't really a game, but an experiment seeing if I was any good at coding. It has a crappy and easily exploitable RNG system, but I proved that I can indeed code.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TNZ0QwCZ2aRGVUNzBCczhhRDQ/view?usp=sharing

Hello everyone! I'm back! This summer has been a roller coaster for me, so I'm glad I can get back to drawing. I was checking out some terrible Pokemon Green sprites and found this monstrosity:
herp.png

This Machop's head is so disproportionally large compared to its body, it makes me uncomfortable. And something about its cross-eyed "HURRRRRRRRR" expression seems quite off-putting. Nevertheless, I decided to draw it.
machop durr.png

Yeah, I know, it doesn't quite match up with the actual sprite, but I drew this in about 20 minutes, and I'm still learning how to draw with a tablet. This isn't my usual style; I tried to do that monochrome style that's pretty popular among the aficionados. It's really fun doing it, and I plan to draw like this some more in the future.

Anyways, have fun.

porl2.png

Summer of Steven is almost over :(
Had some amazing episodes though. Gotta hand it to Crewniverse for gems (pun intended) like Mr. Greg, Alone at Sea, and Bismuth.

Last edited:
Reactions: nv
pidgeot2.png

Daily Draw 8/20/16
+Art2D2:Draw a pokemon out of the pokemon anime.

When I saw this, I knew I had to do good old Pidgeot. Ever since Ash said he would come back, Pidgeot has grown years of pent-up hatred and grudges.

Just so you guys know, I also take requests. They don't have to be Pokemon; they can be anything, really. Doctor Who, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, anything Nintendo, you name it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)