SM NU Would I lie to you

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Would I lie to you

Hey guys after being dead after for most of the sun and moon gen, I decided to get back at mons and start playing this tier again. After tinkering a bit I've chose to share a solid team I made with you people.
Teambuilding process
I started building around nasty plot toxicroak since its a really underated mon and destroys so many bulky cores and invalidates stall all by himself.
Next up I added rhydon since it provides a solid check to flying and fire types while also providing rocks.
The team was weak to emboar psychic types and ice types so I added delphox that beats most of these mons.
Hazards were really a pain and I needed something for guzzlord so cryogonal was the mon to go.
Having delphox and toxicroak as the only fighting resist was kind of shaky so I decided to add vileplume which is another mon thats really underated at the moment.
Finally I needed some speed control while also having a way to check sneasel and zangoose so hitmonlee was the designated mon for that job.

The Team

Toxicroak @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Toxicroak is the main breaker of the team and a great one at that. It beats most bulky cores and has a easy time setting up due to its great defensive typing. It breaks stall alone since the only thing that can really stop it is pyukumuku and even then acid downpour does from 50% to 60%. It also provides a soft check to grass, water, fighting and poison types.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD /
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Rhydon provides the team a solid check to normal, flying, fire and in general physical check. Swords Dance gives rhydon a way to break xatu and get up rocks while also making a threat. It also provides a imunity to electric attacks which is always nice and has a great sync with toxicroak since the latest is imune to water and resist grass while rhydon resists 2 weaknesses that toxicroak has.

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
This delphox set is probably one of my favourites at the moment. It provides a solid check to most top tier threats like emboar, whismicott, vanilluxe, psychic types and others while also being able to scout moves and pass wishes to the team and avoid pursuits (most of the times).

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Toxic
Cryogonal gives the team a nice special sponge while also providing hazard control. I perfer to use defog on this team just because I dont like to play mind games with ghost types. This mon is also the slowbrother check and it also provides another ice resist which is always nice.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
Vileplume gives the team a solid water and fighting resist. Its also the steelix counter (tho this mon will always get rocks up sadly) and it checks most ground types. Strength sap is also a great and broken move that will almost always restore vileplume to full health.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
Hitmonlee provides the team speed control and makes a great late game cleaner/revenge killer. It also keeps sneasel, zangoose and klinklang checked which are all huge threats to the team. Usually send this mon in the end game when all its counters/checks are weakend and win.

Threatlist

Sneasel can just spam knock off without losing much and the best checks I have to it is priority fighting types, once cryogonal gets its item knocked off (which is not the ideal) it can kind of check it.
While very rare, taunt toxic golbat can and will destroy the team since the best the team can do is try to knock it off and hope cryogonal can overwhelm it.

Besides those to mons, every other mon has its checks and counters so just play smart and you wont have a lot of issues

Conclusion
After testing the team a lot in the ladder/room tournaments and with some friends I can say the team is pretty fun to use and solid too. Test the team out if you want and have fun see you guys soon :]. PS: Ban zangoose pls

Toxicroak @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Toxic

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD /
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Shoutouts

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)