Serious Who else has trouble communicating on the internet? [Whining thread]

SupremeFashion

Banned deucer.
It can't be just me. I try to talk to people, but it's sooooooooo difficult all the time.
I join a bunch of chats and discord groups but its always impossible, and it feels like everyone is making fun of me right to my (internet)-face :(

Does anyone else have this issue?? Maybe i am the only one,which would suck. I have easier time communicating with people in real life than online, but online friendships seem to have things that more suit my interests.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It can't be just me. I try to talk to people, but it's sooooooooo difficult all the time.
I join a bunch of chats and discord groups but its always impossible, and it feels like everyone is making fun of me right to my (internet)-face :(

Does anyone else have this issue?? Maybe i am the only one,which would suck. I have easier time communicating with people in real life than online, but online friendships seem to have things that more suit my interests.
It's something of a fundamental problem of the internet.

It's easier for me than communicating IRL. I'm really socially awkward normally, but much more willing to make mistakes when I'm online. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alpha

Banned deucer.

No, you are not the only one who experience this issue. I used to have this problem too, but time here is the key in my opinion. It would be amazing if you join a chat or a discord group and you'll be immediately able to communicate with other users, sharing interests and the likes. However, this doesn't work most of the times. If I can give out my personal advice, it would be to not overthink. It's perfectly understandable you're struggling, and while for you is hard for another user it might be the easiest thing to do. Unless people are completely dick, they do not make fun of you. Lurk more on the chat or the group, see if it is the kind of environment you like, try understanding what are the main topics there and do not be afraid to start chatting when you feel ready.
Unfortunately, as it's the Internet, you will never be sure if the other people are genuinely responding (and to be honest, you don't have this certainty in real life too) but yeah, that's all I can say based on my personal experience.

Reactions: gum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)