What's Their Last? - ON BREAK

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
s/o to Florist for breaking the 4 way tie, Carbonific wins the week with Hydreigon! His submission will be added to the Hall of Fame, along with the full original team. As for the actual last...

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Protect

The last was a choice between Latios and Hydreigon for me, mostly due to how I wanted a dragon type as well as tailwind, but I decided to go with Latios because it's a bit faster naturally.

Carbonific, if you would like one of your teams to be featured next, please send it to me along with the accompanying descriptions! If not, just let me know so that I can ask around for other teams.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Carbonific opted out, so thanks to n10sit for providing this week's team!

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 96 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Beat Up

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 116 HP / 216 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Here's what he had to say about it:
With the recent tournament success of TerraCott archetypes, I wanted to make such a team for myself. With the help of good guy DaWoblefet, we created a TerraCott team with trapping and extra set up. I probably don't need to explain what Terrakion and Whimsicott do, as those are the bread and butter of this archetype, but I have Quick Guard on Terrakion for Talonflame and Encore > Taunt on Whimsicott. Next is Mega Gengar, who provides the ever important trapping for Terrakion and Azumarill. I have Disable on Gengar to pair with Whimsicott, to catch certain Pokemon and trap them into using Struggle, or even just one unfavorable move. Next is Scrafty, who's Fake Out support is extremely beneficial to nearly every Pokemon on this team. Intimidate is also very nice. Finally, I added Azumarill, because hey, why not? The support is there with the trapping and Fake Out, and Azumarill is great at cleaning up if Terrakion fails to do so.

Submissions close Tuesday October 11 at 11:59pm EST!

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

I believe there is too much Rotom-H hype this week. Nevertheless, this team seems quite solid. In my opinion, Bulky Water types, especially concerning how Haze is becoming popular (in my exp), and Steel types are the only "walls" that stops this team from easily rampaging across to victory; a combination of Politoed/Milotic/Volcanion/etc + Aegislash/Ferrothorn/Jirachi/etc can be problematic. And besides being an Assassin to Redirectors, this team can also make use of a Hyper Voice and Thunder Wave pivot; Mega Gengar is too frail to be one.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

this team was no ground immune and terracott struggles in general with things that outspeed it so scarfdog isnt the greatest matchup. special landot solves the issue p well with providing a solid switch in. opted for special bc once again no ground immune and so you can ohko non av lando.
also most solid and consistent mon lol
e: intimidate helps w/ set up too lol

Matame

New Rules

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Thundey acts as a pivot, bulky water check and Lando check. A pivot would be rly handy on this team to try and force a position where you can get Terrakion and Whims in for free.

talkingtree

large if factual
Voting time! Was their last...

Test Bot #'s Rotom-H
GreenGogoatttt's Landorus-T
Matame's Thundurus-T

Voting closes Friday, October 14th at noon EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
With a slight lead in votes, Matame wins the week with Thundurus-T! His submission, along with the full original team, will be added to the Hall of Fame. As for the actual last...

Togekiss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Protect

[11:49 PM] n10sit: i needed a redirector immune to ground
[11:49 PM] n10sit: that could set tailwind
[11:49 PM] talkingtree: why helmet
[11:50 PM] n10sit: oh helmet is for kang and just to chunk stuff for azu

Matame, if you would like to provide next week's team, you know the drill.

talkingtree

large if factual
I took a break from this project because uh... I wanted to respect the... or take the time to focus on... yeah I got nothin. Next week starting now!

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Substitute
- Protect

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Def / 88 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Salamence @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Thanks to Matame for providing this team, which he built with the help of Yoda2798! Here's what he had to say about the team:

I wanted to build a team around CM Sylveon + Hoopa-U, as CM Sylv has been popular and decently strong recently and Hoopa-U takes on Jirachi/Aegis for Sylveon, and beats Amoonguss, giving Sylveon room to run HP Ground > Sub. Went the Tailwind route with Salamence as it offers a Lando-T check and soft sun check. Next, added Rachi as a way of checking Diancie and other fairies, and to provide redirection support for both Sylveon and Hoopa-U. Went with Kang for the Mega, as the team really enjoys its Fake Out support and its raw power, and it thrives with the support that can be provided by Rachi and Mence.

Submissions close Saturday, Oct 29th at 11:59pm EST

Submitting: Rotom-W
Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 212 Def / 60 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Team has only 1 Fire / Water / Ground resist and Rotom-W covers all three of those. Provides an immediate check to Water types and Wisp makes it easier for CM Sylv to set up and win.
Hydro ohkos diancie and takes hits from kang better

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So I think the team would like another sun, talon check and another way of beating Diancie so I think fast thundy would be a good last mon. I'm using 3 attacks and Protect because the team already has two forms of speed control and I think the team would prefer the extra coverage on Lando.

Last edited:

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

For some reason, I thought that Xpatriette-styled teams would easily cripple this team :/
Just bring them "Snarling" Suicune in. I also thought Landorus-I with extra coverage in moves like Sludge Wave / Bomb, Focus Blast, and HP Ice would put significant dent on this team. Thus, I believe that Zapdos would be an excellent solution to eliminating such threats. The team would appreciate extra TW support anyways.

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Choice Scarf Rotom-W gives the team the Speed it needs to offensively check the likes of Mega Diancie and Landorus-T while giving it a way to handle Talonflame. Rotom-W in itself gives the team some handy resistances, too. Trick is to stop any annoying stuff happening, especially against stuff like Suicune and Ferrothorn, while Volt Switch is handy for momentum purposes, especially if playing in combination with Mega Kangaskhan, Jirachi, and CM Sylveon. Zard goes from very annoying to somewhat-but-still-problematic-and-scary annoying.

Honestly, there's too much to think about with this team, eh :(

talkingtree

large if factual
Voting time! Was their last...

GreenGogoatttt's Bulky Rotom-W
Mishimono's Offensive Thund
Test Bot #'s Tailwind Zapdos
Memoric's Scarf Rotom-W

Voting closes November 3rd at noon EST.... probably

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired
GreenGogoatttt's Bulky Rotom-W

Kinda concerned about the talonflame match up so 84 spa evs could be an option to secure the tbolt OHKO on 4 hp talonflame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)