Project What's His Last? v5 (Week 13: Manectric Offense)

Voting is up! You may vote for one of the following options:

When voting, please state the name of the 'mon you're voting for!

ericaroselia

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I think Ferrothorn may fit there since it completes a FWG core (the team actually has 2 waters), gives more bulk and defensive synergy to the team and also Spikes support as Landorus-T already has stealth rock. This pokemon checks Kyurem-B, some Clefable sets, Mega Diancie, Rotom-W and i decided to put Chople Berry as the team struggles with Azumarill and with Chople Berry it's a better check to it to reduce the damage from Superpower plus that helps with Focus Blast from Mega Gardevoir and Mega Alakazam, two pokemon that can be really annoying for the team.

HailFall

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Lots of steels that can check diancie, garde, clef, and zam work here tbh but rachi is nice for keeping up momentum with u-turn and lando appreciates healing wish to avoid being overwhelmed by sand and lop and whatever while zard can utilize it to find a secondary chance to sweep. Team has fblast keld and a bit of bulk on zard which makes me think the last doesnt do a ton to fix the rotom problem further making me believe scarf rachi is the actual last.

Martin.
I think it's Ferrothorn but as it's taken I'll do Klefki

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Magnet Rise

Klefki does a nice job of dealing with Mega Diancie. Due to the team not really fearing Mega Sableye or Garchomp or anything of the like I didn't feel like Fairy-type coverage was particularly necessary, and Klefki doesn't really fear TankChomp regardless of it's choice of fourth move because Toxic does a good job of wearing it down whereas Magnet Rise means that it's only way of damaging you is Fire Blast, which you can p. consistently lay spikes on due to uninvested, itemless, negative-natured Fire Blast is weak. I think Magnet Rise is pretty poor on Klefki nowadays anyway as Toxic achieves most of what it does and Earth Power Diancie isn't good relative to HP Fire given that Heatran gets 2HKOed by max attack Diamond Storm anyway, but said move has some merit on this team specifically for Earth Power Diancie regardless of how rare it is. In addition to it fucking with Diancie between Flash Cannon and a potential Magnet Rise, Klefki does a really nice job as a spiker, being able to lay them repeatedly and reliably due to Prankster.

kek123

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

I think skarmory goes well as it plus up the fairy weakness pretty well and provides a nice wall to things like clefable it also provides more hazard and whirlwind meaning the pokemon can be weakened faster for the late game sweep by Zard x also provides a nice dragon steel ground core with lando-t and zard x and help check even more thing like mega diancie and checking lot of dragon type over all I think it rounds of the team pretty nicely since the team has spin over defog the hazard stacking works very well and put also of thing in range of zard x and attacks from spec keldeo.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
skarmory because its the only one beside mine thats a semi passable clefable check (still a bit of a stretch but whatever). klefki is kind of lol at breaking clefable and clef can easily run less speed or more defense in order to avoid the 2hko from ferro gyro ball. i would probably go taunt skarm here too just to make the mu more solid though fire move clefable variants kind of destroy you still.

spikes are also nice

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Rachi

Nedor is always ass at checking clef with shitty Clef Steel Clef Checks considering how many times I've set up CM with my lady Clefable Samantha and won. Otherwise hed probably just resort to one of the Spikers, say screw it, and use Char-X as his Clef answer.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Jirachi, it can do a good job of bringing Keldeo pivoting on bulky ground, also it is a good check for mega Gardevoir, Weavile, mega zam as already mentioned, I prefer Jirachi over Skarm and Ferro because it is a pokemon less passive than these, and tends to speed up the team, also wish healing support is always appreciated because it have various Wincons.

This round's winner is ericaroselia and their Ferrothorn! Congrats to them!

Actual last:

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
New team will up be in a sec!

NEW TEAM:
Mana-Lop Offense
built by daddy's kisses (framework semi-stolen from TDK)

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
Description:

Centerpiece of the build was Mega-Lopunny, which can singlehandedly crush most offensive builds thanks to its high speed and attack. Since I was going for a more bulky style of build, I opted to add a pivot that could cover some of Lop's weaknesses well, and Rotom-W fits the bill quite nicely. Rotom can take on annoying bulky grounds and fliers (Pinsir, Talon) for Lopunny, namely. Next, I looked to something that could reliably deal with the massive Clef weakness the two had, and was sick of how shakily Heatran checked CM Clef, so I opted for Sp. Def. pivot Jirachi. Jirachi on offense is fantastic because it gives you an effective answer vs. some terrifying breakers, namely Kyurem Black, Diancie, and Garde, which are a huge headache to switch into under normal circumstances. The squad looked really weak to Zard-X at this point, as well as a handful of other threats like Lopunny and Thundurus, so Scarf Latios was added to revenge kill them. Finally, I needed something that could level stall relatively easily while also serving as a decent Mega-Sableye switchin, so I opted for TG + RD Mana as the 5th member.

I'll go ahead and comment on the team's weaknesses a bit to better guide submissions. First off, the team lacks a true "balance breaker," as TG + RD Mana generally lacks the coverage to adequately deal with the type synergy-heavy comps balances carry; the last would ideally be something that can make up for the team's lack of coverage in this area. Scarf Excadrill, Shedinja stalls, Scizor-Mega, and to an extent Mega-Medicham are all a hassle to deal with as well.

So, what's my last?

p2

Banned deucer.

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

• team wants an actual ground immune because FUCK scarf drill
  • team also wants a thundy answer that doesn't keel over to twave, also shuts down other electrics
  • also needs something that can effectively apply pressure to mega scizor
  • back up answer to clef because rachis gonna get para'd at some point
  • pressures opposing lop too
was thinking something like ttar because this team really wants pursuit but that comes at the cost of having a nearly unwinnable mu v sciz sooo, free ng watmel weavile

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Roost

team needs a check to bish, mzor, chomp, drill, hera and improves matchup against birds, the electric immune is useful against like scarfmag which the team is kinda annoyed by, another plus would not be getting as worn down as land-t so you'd check them better. this as the last obviously makes you weaker to weavile but since the washtom is maxdef i wouldn't worry too much, on another note i'm not entirely sure what filler you'd prefer on this but just using rock slide for now since you lose to sheddy stall (which i've still been seeing on ladder) and helps with fatter teams so manaphy isn't too pressured to do the majority of the work. support wise from the team it likes to wear stuff down via the status spreading from washtom and trickscarf from lati locking in opposing fat setup mons letting scor have an easier time. but yh physdef scor's been kind to me so it'll probably be a decent fit for the team o.o

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
lando with the ddance set is the best pokemon for this team but it's already token

Reserving Trevenant Gourgheist

TRICK OR THREAT (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb

:it checks excadrill, can take an ice punch from mmedicham and burn him and gives a lot of problems to shedinja

Last edited:

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

I think this set works pretty well with this team, Ferrothorn gives this team a solid switch to many threats. Loppuny appreciate TW and Hazard Spam support. Power Whip is here to damage Rotom-Wash harder.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay—gonna put up voting now! You may vote for one of the following:

p2

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

• team wants an actual ground immune because FUCK scarf drill
  • team also wants a thundy answer that doesn't keel over to twave, also shuts down other electrics
  • also needs something that can effectively apply pressure to mega scizor
  • back up answer to clef because rachis gonna get para'd at some point
  • pressures opposing lop too
was thinking something like ttar because this team really wants pursuit but that comes at the cost of having a nearly unwinnable mu v sciz sooo, free ng watmel weavile

paper dreams

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Roost

team needs a check to bish, mzor, chomp, drill, hera and improves matchup against birds, the electric immune is useful against like scarfmag which the team is kinda annoyed by, another plus would not be getting as worn down as land-t so you'd check them better. this as the last obviously makes you weaker to weavile but since the washtom is maxdef i wouldn't worry too much, on another note i'm not entirely sure what filler you'd prefer on this but just using rock slide for now since you lose to sheddy stall (which i've still been seeing on ladder) and helps with fatter teams so manaphy isn't too pressured to do the majority of the work. support wise from the team it likes to wear stuff down via the status spreading from washtom and trickscarf from lati locking in opposing fat setup mons letting scor have an easier time. but yh physdef scor's been kind to me so it'll probably be a decent fit for the team o.o

HQuaze
lando with the ddance set is the best pokemon for this team but it's already token

Reserving Trevenant Gourgheist

TRICK OR THREAT (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb

:it checks excadrill, can take an ice punch from mmedicham and burn him and gives a lot of problems to shedinja

HappyHoopa05

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

I think this set works pretty well with this team, Ferrothorn gives this team a solid switch to many threats. Loppuny appreciate TW and Hazard Spam support. Power Whip is here to damage Rotom-Wash harder.

When voting, please just state the name of the 'mon you're voting for!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)