What's His Last? UU Edition [Week 9 - Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Kreme wins this week with his Salamence set. Congrats! The set was 100 % correct, Accelgor had LO Mence in his last slot too.
Offensive Tentacruel - 3
Entei - 2
Defensive Tentacruel - 2
Salamence - 6
Mega Blastoise - 1

This weeks team was given to me by Vapo \/\ , thanks!

It is a very cool Bulky Offense team featuring one UUs newest major threats in Specs Sylveon, supported by CB Pursuit Krookodile and Mega Aerodactyl. The team works very well together but seems to be missing one more slot.. what is it?
Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 28 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

You may now post your suggestions! It will run from now until Fridaynight, most likely!

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Scarf hydreigon provides a good fire type switch in, also is a good revenge killer, with his stabs can be a problem for bronzong, mega sceptile, Salamence, thank to u-turn he can generate monentum, useful to bring sylveon in the field, Fire blast is pretty standardto deal with whimsicott, Spd forre and escavelier.

Last edited:
It's Vapo's team, but he put Rocks on Empo for that the people don't say: "Swampert", and how I know that it was Swampert and the team has a big issue vs Florges Balance, I'll say that the last is Roserade.
Tl;Dr: Reserving Roserade

This team needs a bit more support to break past / threaten Water-types. Reuniclus can beat Suicune 1v1 in a last mon situation if it runs Roar, but other than just Suicune, other Waters like Feraligatr and Mega Sharpedo seem really scary. I could also say that some Fairies seem bothersome, but this team pressures them, mostly Florges, so much with CB Krook and Specs Sylveon. I don't think it's Whimsicott since he's got great Dragon checks already, and I don't think it's Celebi since it stacks weaknesses. So other than Roserade (which I think may be it) it could be Toxicroak, Rotom-C, or Shaymin. There's only 1 wincon so I think it may be Toxicroak. It decreases the reliance on Krookodile to break down Steel-types and works as another offensive check to Water-types and Mamoswine, and also gives the team a nifty form of priority. It even finishes a Dark / Psychic / Fight core with Reuniclus and Krookodile, so I think this would be a good choice.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

I agree with -Magic- in that Water-types can have a lot of fun against this team, however, another Pokémon that can destroy this team is Mega Beedrill. After getting it's Stat Boosts, Drill Run Beedrill can kill beat the whole team(barring a Scald burn), minus Aerodactyl (which can be taken care of by another Pokémon, like Suicune). This team also lacks a physical wall, so I think that Defensive Cradily can work:

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Toxic / Giga Drain
- Recover

Storm Drain can shut down Water-types, especially CroCune, beats some Defoggers, like the rare Pellipper, and can put Beedrill into a bad spot. With Stealth Rocks up, Beedrill is backed into a corner.
- Use U-Turn for massive damage? You'll take Rocks damage and give Cradily a Recover into a switch
- Use Poison Jab for less damage? You get OHKOed by Rock Slide or give Cradily a free Recover OR give the opponent a free chance to switch to Aerodactyl.

Cradily's weaknesses are also covered well by the team.
Empoleon takes down Ice-types and Special Water-types that carry Ice Beam
Aerodactyl takes out most Special Bugs
Fighting-types are handled by Reuniclus or Sylveon.
Steel-types bow down to Krookodile

And, if you were to switch up the moves, Cradily benefits from a Trick Room set by Reuniclus, allowing it to kill Beedrill and set up Rocks effectively.

EDIT: Am I allowed to post multiple sets? I just thought of something else that can work with this team.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: Am I allowed to post multiple sets? I just thought of something else that can work with this team.
I'd suggest that you replace Cradily with that 'something else' you thought of. Cradily's very gimmicky in UU and is NU for a reason.

I'd suggest that you replace Cradily with that 'something else' you thought of. Cradily's very gimmicky in UU and is NU for a reason.
Alright, thanks.

That "something else" I was talking about was something that's ACTUALLY UU this time!

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef
IVs: 0 Atk (31 Atk if used with U-Turn)
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot / Surf
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch / U-Turn

Heliolisk, with its Dry Skin, completely counters common Water-types like Suicune (CroCune, specifically) and Feraligatr (and Mega Swampert if it has Grass Knot), allowing Aerodactyl and Krookodile to run wild while worrying about 1 less thing.
Heliolisk can also check certain other Pokémon that threaten members of the team not weak to Water, like Tentacruel and weakens certain Pokémon that you can't get a free switch against, like Physical Lucario.
One of it's weaknesses are also covered, with Fighting being dealt by half of the team (luckily, Ground-types fall to Grass Knot or Surf).

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Calm Mind / Sleep Talk

The team lacks a solid Fire resist for taking on Entei and is short on answers to offensive Water-types (especially Mega Sharpedo) and Snorlax. It could also use another way of dealing with Scald users. CM + Roar Suicune counters Entei, checks MShark, and sets up on and phazes out Snorlax and Scald users. However, the lack of Sleep Talk could be problematic considering the lack of a cleric, so it is an option over Calm Mind to be give fewer set up opportunities at the cost of being unable to attempt a counter sweep versus Lax, Entei, and Scald users. A lot of speed creep is a good idea to outrun as many opposing Roar Cunes as possible.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
since there are a small amount of submissions, I'm going to count Mr. Highways' and Eutchyios' submissions in for once. Please finish your reservations in the future though, it makes me happy :D

Submissions:
Eutychios - Scarf Hydreigon

Mr. Highways - Roserade

-Magic- - Toxicroak

Yoshiblaze - Heliolisk

LeoLancaster - Suicune

Vote for your Two Favourite submissions! Voting Stage will end on sundaynight.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
LeoLancaster's Suicune
Magic's Toxicroak

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)