What do you spend the most spare time doing outside of gaming/forums?

- I used to play soccer, usually as a centre-half, but could operate at full-back/holding midfielder(and deep lying playmaker to an extent) before devoting time into competitive pokemon and the server. Also a Liverslip Liverpool fan. COYR!
- I play Fifa in my spare time. Yea, that game that has a more aids community than this one n_n, but only the offline shit; I'm too broke to afford $12 a month lol
- I'm currently in high school; I've 2 more years after this one, then I'll be free(at least that's what I think)
- Just like everyone else here, I like to listen to music(what a shock lol). I listen to anything ranging from the Beatles to Eden to J Cole. Favourite artist's Bastille though.
- I can apparently sing well enough to the point that people somewhat enjoy my shit voice :o I've been doing it for around 3-4~ years now, and the first ever song I sang in front of a crowd(or my class full of 11-12 y/os) was Bastille's Pompei(Hence the favouritism). I'm also trying to learn how to play the violin, and I wish to soon be able to play the piano, guitar and bass. I have a link of me singing w/ a school band from a few years back that I can drop; it's the only singing I could seem to find of myself, since my school doesn't hand out recordings of our work. I know, my range is quite dire, and so is my voice :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtpd1kfadfzzadx/Black and Gold - Junior Naz Band (mp3).mp3

Namion

formerly Scrubchoo
usually I spend time studying, or playing sports with friends. if its a really good day we would all go to the mall or something

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
good thread.

outside of Smogon these days (YouTube stuff included) my life is a bit chaotic in a good way.

If I'm not lifting or handling clients, I am tearing up NY or neighbouring states' streets with a buddy of mine who enjoys driving fast just as much as I do. Sometimes we are accompanied by a few good-looking women if they dig the thrill as well (gotta complete the look ya know :grin:), but oftentimes prefer to do it solo as it's less of a hassle not having to worry about the mind state/well-being of others and just live and enjoy the moment for what it is.

I also run a few blogs (in unrelated niches) that I tend to a lot, which is actually very relieving for me. I love to see my creations flourish and influence the lives of people in some ways or another for the better.

Huge party person when I'm amongst the right set of people. So every now and again when the stars align and we Assemble, I hit up the NYC streets for a fun night out filled with amazing social vibes and great music for all to enjoy.

I haven't gotten the travel bug yet so I haven't really explored much outside of "home", but I should hopefully be doing some light ventures come this summer so I'm patiently lookin forward to that.

Outside of that, my life is a pretty open book man. Full of spontaneity and random adventurous spurts. I can't complain one bit, and I'm grateful for all that has happened to bring me to this point today, Smogon included.

Last edited:

Thanys

Banned deucer.
Hello, good afternoon :), I love to listen music, to watch TV, to watch videos on my cellphone and to eat :3

I don't do much honestly.

When I'm not working, I'm either playing MUT on Madden 17 (soon to be 18), or I'm reading. I've been reading a lot of books I read as a younger kid and I'm enjoying it.

Otherwise I'm pretty boring imo. I don't do much and am pretty antisocial tbh. That's why I want to get into something to get out more and/or occupy my time. Really wanna start and try YouTube again, it was something I tried earlier but didn't work out. That and I'm starting to go to the gym soon.

If I'm not on here, or one of the other forums that I'm on, I'm working at one of my two jobs (although usually I can browse forums at one of them), or working on music. Other than that I usually don't do much bar occasionally going out drinking with the guys after work.

a lot of my time outside of smogon is dedicated to me studying towards my 4 year engineering degree :e. Other than that I enjoy going out with friends, finding new places to eat and drink at, watching movies(netflix as well :s) and, occasionally helping teaching STEM subjects(along with some other 3rd years) as part of an outreach thing at my college, to high school/junior high students looking to pursue it as a career.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I'm a musician! I play Guitar in a pretty well known (east coast) Math-Rock band. Aside from that, I'm a production editor with a major in Digital Video Production. Music has always been a passion, but Film production looks to be my career.

My upcoming wedding is making me panic and spend most of my days binging overwatch and whining at the reddit/forums. When that is done I'm usually just finishing touches at my home and trying to sell some of my figure collection and read/mining about virtual currencies, fun stuff I tell you.

Also RIP Chester, I've listened to Breaking the Habit during college so many times I have slight tinnitus in my left ear.

B R A I N L I C K E R

Banned deucer.
I said "no offence". Geez.

I am a philosophy student at Cambridge, I am vice-president of my college's debating society (I've got my eye on the top-spot) and I am a time-travelling dominatrix from the future.

As for hobbies, I like finding people called Martin and making them really, really mad.
No offence (haha!!), but you sound like Will from the Inbetweeners when he went to Uni

Philosophy student at Cambridge/debate society head makes you the biggest toff going, probably not the look you wanna be going for if you're gonna criticize people itc just sayin' my friend no offence (hehe)

Other than college, I play pool (billiards). My dad used to be a really good player when he was young and used to hustle people for money and taught me a little bit when I was like 15-16. Then when I got to college, one of the first people I became friends with was a pretty serious pool player and I got into it. Ended up picking it up and competing in a few tournaments during my freshman year and won all of them except one that I came in second in.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I mostly write politically incorrect stories on a team drive with some friends or work on my masterwork D&D campaign that will probably never be played

Nothing. That is my free time.

Well, technically, I could be programming something, but tell that to the guy that has not had any single exciting idea for quite the time.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
For a specific "job", I'm just a student and do pretty average student things, though I'd like to say that I put in more effort than most mayb. I'm on a HUMSS track lol and hope to study either Political Science or Linguistics.

Outside of school, I don't really do much. I just read a bunch of whatever I'm feeling like reading, from journals and magazines to novels, manga and poetry of varying genres (open to whatever). I also like to just listen to music, again my tastes being whatever but having a particular affinity for rap, rock, and electro stuff (I post a decent amount in the chill electronic/remix thread and have some songs on my sig for stuff i like that fit the last category). Occasionally, I might write or at least think of a verse or two. When it comes to physical activities and stuff, I like to walk around; helps to decompress and it's exercise too/

Often, though, I'm just sleeping :heart:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I like to draw and hang out with my friends a lot when I'm not playing Pokémon. I kinda want to get good at digital art so I can start doing commissions (?) I also love being on voice chat with my league members, whether it be ghosting each other or just fooling around with our mics. I also like biking. A lot.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i do crossfit and am also vegan

just kidding. i have a podcast, i do stand up comedy, train martial arts and write and record music. this forum makes me enjoy pokemon more than i already did which is surprising to me.

Reactions: BM

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Well, that's technically gaming you could say, but when I'm not playing videogame or being in forums, I'm working in my own videogame

I tend to do some research from other games, looking their mechanism and thinking how to improve them, I know it's a bit weird way to spend time, but hey, that's a good exercise in game development... I guess lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)