Multifaction/FFA Wayne Bradierest Mafia - Game Over! Postgame Up!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Preliminary tier list of roles:

S Tier:

Paperblade
StevenSnype

A Tier:

Aura Guardian
Haruno
Hitmonleet
Pidge
Walrein
Amelia

B Tier:

shubaka17
MoodyCloud
acidphoenix
Vanillish Wafer
shade
Cancerous
Blazade

C Tier:

zorbees
KnightsOfCydonia
winter-delta
Da Letter El
dogfish44

D Tier:

pancake
internet

F Tier:

Former Hope
Ditto

I think shubaka should be A tier, his role snowballs super hard and WHY SO SERIOUS is pretty strong

Wafer should be lower imo

I think you're overrating both AG and Amelia's abilities since they are shut down by SG, B tier imo

I think FH's role is better than internet's

DLE's role could be D or even F tier I think

something like this I guess but not ordered within tiers

S Tier:

Paperblade
StevenSnype

A Tier:

shubaka17
Hitmonleet
acidphoenix
Walrein

B Tier:
shade
Haruno
Pidge
Aura Guardian
Cancerous
Amelia

C Tier:

Blazade
winter-delta
MoodyCloud
KnightsOfCydonia
Vanillish Wafer
dogfish44

D Tier:

zorbees
pancake
Former Hope
Da Letter El

F Tier:

internet
Ditto

idk

maybe lower Snype's role since it's also blocked by SG but idk who else to put in S

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
>receive great lategame role that requires earlygame politicking to survive
>be gone 80% of cycle 0
>get randspected
>megalliance leader decides to lynch you instead of someone he needs dead
>apparently i would have died even if i wasn't lynched so i guess the rest of the game wanted me dead as well

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thanks guys

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
this was also a fun game. i still think lynches should not have a rule that allows people to be lynched based off of remaining votes as that is total bs.

tl;dr summary
c0 - found DLE and cancerous. gentleman's agreement between me and cancerous to not hit each other. eventually AG was asking to work with DLE too and we eventually let him in. My biggest mistake was probably deciding with AG to swap our role names and enemies with the other. AG got Dogfish's alias, who I needed dead, and by extension, cancerous would need dead since we were workin together. i think around end of c0 was when we brought in winter-delta as he didnt need any of us dead though i was a bit skeptical since we could not collab/fake to collab with any other TNs Inamely moody).
c1 - i found walrein's role and felt horrible as i coudln't win with him because i was already workin with cancerous. i convinced shade to make him a priority. with this 2 of my enemies were ded and DLE found a dead amelia he needed.
c2 - you fucks lynched me. i found paperblade though and knew fiora was a CN and asked the known smogon CN people if they were fiora else i'm hitting them. shade was not receptive to working with me instead even though i gave him aliases of other CNs that we might have been able to hit together.
c3 - you fucks lynched me again but someone shielded and healed me and AG decoyed me in the most broest of moments. this was also a key cycle because only my group of people and moody knew that I wasn't going to die. DLE suggested that there may be an 8-man possible if pblade would try to win with me and everyone was going I had set up conditionals with acid to get rid of shade and pblade since they would be unstoppable in case pblade did not want to work with me as an insurance policy and also as leverage to work with me to try to defuse any anti-pblade sentiment of "if he ain't with us, he's going to kill us" but it didn't matter. blazade randed him and killed him.
c4 - you fucks almost started lynching me but then i let acid think that he had the power that i outed some of the people that were directly moling him from the cycle prior and he needed to start eliminating his enemies, both of whom everyone in the actual alliance was alreayd ok with. i think it was at this point shade and zorbees asked me to collab with them so now we had a 6-man alliance. reached out to KoC and vanilish as they could have won with us to make a strong 8-man but KOC did not get back to us and vanillish turned us down. moody was a much more pleasant chap though and quite amicable, and my role was largely irrelevant at this point in the game so i inspected acid on the chance he might have been SG'd anyway. used this to revive moody and win.

top 3 are probably me, shubaka, and paperblade in terms of role.

shade is an A-tier role with 5/21 stats. if he actually had something to contribute after c2, he would be definite S-tier.

all other roles were forgettable but these 4 roles are probably the highlights of the game.

a thing about my role that required clarification.

suppose there is a role. each role is tied to an alias and has a set of UAs and an ability.

robert ford's role makes a copy of a role, including the set of UAs and sets the ability to whatever state it began it at cycle 0. any passive abilities would influence the copy of the role and each copy would die after 2 cycles. Had I gotten successful copies off, i would be at least a 3-vote mayor and have 3 sets of Universal Actions to perform each cycle. because i was lynched twice in a row, i was essentially a glorified inspector.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For reference this is how I tiered the roles before the game:
S Tier:
shubaka17
Pidge

A Tier:
Paperblade
Aura Guardian
acidphoenix
Steven Snype

B Tier:
Former Hope
winter-delta
MoodyCloud
pancake
Haruno
Amelia

C Tier:
Cancerous
Da Letter El
Blazade
Dogfish44
Vanillish Wafer
Hitmonleet

D Tier:
KnightsofCydonia
zorbees
Walrein
Ditto

F Tier:
shade
internet

Obviously, there's a few things I'd change, particularly in hindsight. While I think I am ok with the top two tiers (yes, I do think Paperblade's role had some serious drawbacks, same with Snype's - both had lots of power if they built up and things went right, but they had little to start out and had no tactical capabilities), obviously pancake's role was D tier at best (I've already written in postgame about how I would've changed his role). Former Hope's role I still think was fairly strong, but it had to be utilized correctly; this was probably the role that most badly wanted a role submission or two with mass-targeting capabilities (for example, a ten-man track or 15-man 'target' for the purposes of track and watch would've been hilarious overkill of this role; it's why I included the stipulation that any submitted abilities during C0 would carry the role name of the submitter with them; turns out no one did this though...), but dealing bonus damage on any targeting was really, really strong. Yes, the -2 damage to non-enemies is a bit bothersome in dealing with alliances, and for the role to be B tier I'd probably have to remove that negative stipulation; still, I think it was a C tier role, and wasn't that terribly overtiered. Ditto's role I think was probably F tier, though given he never talked to anyone it made the role look worse than it was, imo (also the way that lasting alliances dominated the game made roles built around backstabbing a bit useless tbqh).

In terms of roles that were undertiered, Walrein's is one that strikes me as being a B-tier role - I the +3 attack per cycle combination his abilities gave him was a very efficient combination, and he had a lot of tools to work with. I'd swap his and pancake's tiers probably.

internet's role was stronger than I anticipated, as he became a powerful force during the lynch. The mole, as anticipated, was almost useless - I was thinking he might be able to make a play with it, but alas that pretty much just fizzled.

shade's role benefitted from the faster-than-anticipated pace of the game - the alliances manged to effectively eliminate lots of players before his immunity ran out. I think his role probably should've run out of immunity after two cycles but then only lost 5 MAX Hp per cycle, or alternatively it should've lost 7 MAX Hp per cycle; either shift would've made it fit right into where it was tiered, imo. As things stood, it was probably a C-tier role all else being equal.

I'm working on Postgame now and will see how much I can get done. Hopefully I can post it later tonight but I wouldn't stay up for it lmao

I threw all of the roles into

No Way To Mess This Up
Paperblade
Shubaka
Haruno

Pretty Good
Internet
Blazade
Moody
Pancake
Hitmonleet
Zorbees
Shade

Depends On The User
walrein
Acidphoenix
Dogfish
DLE
Pidge
Steven Snype

You Got Screwed
Ditto
Former Hope
Aura Guardian
Amelia
Knights
Vanillish
Winter
Cancerous

But all of this is through my goggles of "We're gonna make shields and SGs every cycle, and move on from there"

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
yeah if there's a tier list where I'm not F tier that tier list is wrong. I've had the worst role in the previous 3 mafia games (pathfinder viva, where I got a flavorful role which I didn't get and had no targets lol, OCNOC tbh, and this game where my buff was absolutely useless and my only redeemable quality was good hp >.>).

anyway this game was fun as hell, shame that I got so close to winning. acidphoenix was best partner :> and I'm sorry I thought you betrayed me Former Hope. You kinda did tho >.>

thanks for hosting, can someone give me a good role one of these games

like daisy domergue good

lol

edit: I guess ditto's role was pretty bad yeah, his could be considered worse. I'm still f tier though imo

also edit @ below: lol, might want to tell you that story

C0: former contacts me, says he wants to win with me because we're friends. I'm like ok we're friends so sure.
C1: acid and i establish an alliance and add former hope.
C2: DLE gives me logs of former telling him our plans, but not alias logs, which he would have used for traction if former gave them to him
C3: acid and I make a chat without former, and subsequently realize that both Paperblade AND cancerous were ALSO both betraying us. Lol

s/o reliable friends

Last edited:

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
pancake
Alright, basically I'm also "working" with acid and pancakes, but I have full intentions to backstab them and win with dle in terms of faction, which from the looks of it, you are also working with him.

Though for the meanwhile what I'm offering is that I think I can mole them enough and direct this alliances votes/actions in a way that helps. Or at the very least doesn't hurt you

Popping in to say, I think US's list with his potential changes is probably rather accurate. Though the hijack roles were a little too dicey, IMO, which in this game was a problem to plan around, even with speculative orders. Both ways, even.

And I strongly disagree with shubaka's saying beneficial SG every round screwed over some roles - it was nerfed to allow true damage, which made that tactic a bit risky, too.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Based on the role PM I was given, my strategy was to not share my alias with anyone, and to rely on other players to kill their enemies after finding them out through inspection powers and the sharing of information from others, while I remained unknown. By the time my alias would be found out through process of elimination, hopefully, my enemies would already have bruised each other and/or already set their focus on their existing known enemies. This also meant to not really team up with anyone for group abilities, since I was paranoid about people selling my alias, but working alone wasn't so bad since I had 2 in Control and Info. Basically, early on, I tried to play more reserved about revealing myself. This might seem a bit lazy for an FFA game, but I honestly thought it would be the best way to go about using my role. I lied and/or partially lied to some to get information about the game, and to find my enemies. I didn't have to be so truthful because I didn't really want to collaborate on group abilities. If I found an enemy, I wouldn't hesitate to tell others that had the same enemy. In execution, it didn't work out. The game was 'solved' by many players earlier than I thought. When that happened, the alliance I entered wasn't exactly faithful, at least to me. DLE favored Snype over me based on the actions sheet, although he kind of did it in a roundabout way.

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
game from my pov

c0: subbed in right before deadline, didnt talk to anyone. got the perma sg which i think was really strong. i considered going for that and the 4 man role name -> alias, but i decided that would be too all-in, and that there was a big difference between 16 and 12 max hp considering shields worked off of max hp.

c1: the first couple people i talked to were shade and snype, who helped me get off on the right foot talking to people who had enemies in common. my main allies here were amelia and paperblade, but i also worked closely with hitmonleet. No solid alliance though, i performed my actions alone again. Snype gave me acid's alias, wanted to inquis vig him with hitmonleet but couldn't because of pidge's unknown role name. i was fine with either lynch because they were both CE and I wasn't working with either of them.

C2: amelia died, and considering he was the main link between me and paperblade, and one of my closest allies, i was worried. hitmonleet eventually pulled me into the alliance with internet/shubaka/moody. i sold out internet at one point, but quickly came to regret it and did everything i could to get internet not lynched.

C3: Not sure exactly how it happened, but at one point in my talks with Paperblade, he suggested that he was probably going to turbo lynch shubaka. I knew there was no way to stop Paperblade from completing a turbo lynch, because after we redirected him last cycle, there was no way he was not going to safeguard himself. This was when I started to come up with the zorbees/paperblade/shade/DLE/pidge alliance. I kept trying to get hitmonleet in on my changing alliance plans but he wouldn't really entertain the ideas. IMO, the main reason shubaka was lynched by paper over Blazade was so I could more easily manipulate the moody/shubaka/internet/hitmonleet alliance by causing all of the shubaka actions to fail due to the lynch.

C4: Paperblade dies and pidge is at 1 HP and acidphoenix wants to lynch pidge. This causes me to want to bring in Snype as a second CN. Talking to DLE more, it becomes more clear of his connection to winter-delta and cancerous. We form the 6 man alliance that would control the rest of the game.

C5: game is basically over, only thing left to plan is how we can get moody to win over vanillish wafer because Snype wanted to thank him for the loyalty.

honestly, i worked with a good amount of people in this game, and was sad that a lot of them couldn't win, but in a FFA game, I put myself first and I feel like most if not all of the decisions I made were the right move for me at the time with what I knew.

Good job to the host(s?) for dealing with all the shitload of actions that were happening each cycle and making a fun and enjoyable game.

UncleSam

Leading this village
POSTGAME:

Background / A preview of things to come (skip this if you just wanna read stuff about the game and don’t care about my rambling):

I hate telling stories about when things happened and how but suffice it to say this game was a long time in the making. I initially conceived of the idea for Bradierest over 18 months ago and was initially planning on hosting it last Spring, but various real-life obligations and the need for a larger, more active playerbase caused Bradierest to get forgotten in order to conceive of and host the first Official game instead, Metagame Mafia. The success of that game convinced me that there was still a large enough playerbase to make some of my other ideas worth finishing, and I can say that this was the first of five games (order unclear as of now) that I left unfinished and now plan on hosting so long as the Officials keep going well and bringing in new players; the second will be a semi-experimental take on the ‘standard’ one village – two mafia formula, and the third will be a massive Free-For-All Mafia style (aka not a FFA in the Bradierest vein but in the original Free-For-All Mafia vein) that I consider to be the most exciting set of ideas I’ve come up with since Metroid Prime 2. Fourth, there is a Metroid Prime 2-inspired, philosophical ‘sequel’ that I designed years ago and may finally have the energy to complete, and fifth a Mafia Mafia 3 game inspired by Mafia Mafia 2 but bigger in scope and ideas. I’m not sure how many of these games I will actually end up hosting, but the success of this game (I feel much happier about this game than any of my games since Metroid Prime 2) will hopefully help inspire me to keep making Standards in between the bigger idea games.

Yeti is a qt and I couldn't have hosted this without her <3 Thank you for the vote counts and the moral support

Game Design

The basic idea behind this game was simple: create a FFA-style game that rewarded good play above all else. I took the experience of Wayne Bradier (a game that, though flawed, has been a monumental influence in how I think about mafia ever since) and used that to define two key concepts that would drive all aspects of design:
1. Players must have latitude in who they choose to work with

2. Players must have significant resources at their disposal to deal with any eventuality or bad luck

With this in mind, I got around to designing a Win Condition circle that I wanted to be intricate enough not to be easily guessable, but that also allowed for no players to have too much overlap with one another (nor too little!). I decided to re-use the concept of groups AND individual targets from Fire Emblem 2 Mafia (still the gold standard of FFA games in my opinion, though Bradiest gave it a run for its’ money), but with more choice in terms of individual targets so as to avoid automatically pitting any particular players against one another. I knew I wanted the game to be smaller, and settled on 24 players; from there, I decided on four groups of six each, with group members separated by 4 spaces on the circle. I played with a lot of different individual target Win Condition set-ups, but eventually decided on +/-5, +/-10 (which is, of course, an isomorphism of +/-1, +/-2, though I did not realize this at the time). Of course I knew there would be a more elegant isomorphism of the eventual chart I came up with (though I was too lazy to find it once I had settled on a circle that didn’t provide too much overlap of targets), and sure enough Steven Snype discovered the one I posted above early on in Cycle 2, derived by taking steps of five around the circle of 24 until you got back around on the fifth pass to yourself. I had long since decided on tiering abilities and stats as a manner of balancing things, and decided to make one set of ability / stat tier per permutation of statistics. I settled on 13 / 17 / 21 as HP numbers and 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 as attack numbers, with the idea being that a step up in either of one results in a reduced ability tier by one; it was essential that there were 12 permutations, so that each person and the person they were directly across from in the circle (who happened to be their group member) would have the same stats / ability tier, but no one else would have those same statistics. I don’t think anyone realized this, so I’m happy that at least some aspects of my design were subtle enough to remain secret right up to the games’ conclusion. I made it so that each group’s combined stat and ability tiers equaled as close to 21 as possible; sadly, this was not possible mathematically while maintaining cross-circle Tier parity, so I settled for Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Good (the karmic ‘opposites’) getting 20 / 22 of total Stat / Ability tier, respectively, while True Neutral and Chaotic Neutral (the karmic ‘centers’) got 22/ 20 each. Yes, I balanced all of this before deciding on a single role name or role in this entire game.

The next step, after setting up Win Condition charts and statistics, was to populate the Universal Abilities sheet in a manner that I felt was consistent with rewarding alliances and working together while also maintaining significant drawbacks to reliability that disabled alliances from totally running the show or ever having any conflict within them. I generally wanted most abilities to work on a 1 / 3 / 5 power scale, with increasingly good peripherals per person. So, for example, Beneficial Safeguard (1 cost) was only on non-self, Beneficial Safeguard (2 cost) was on 3 people and could be cast on yourself, and the 3-cost version could be cast on five people. The idea behind this was that an alliance of six could not Safeguard AND Shield themselves each Cycle; of course, Beneficial Safeguard was still way broken before the necessary nerf to it, which did precisely what I wanted it to do: caused there to be drawbacks to Safeguarding yourself without also focusing on Shielding / Healing yourself, and opened up the door for Hooks and Redirects to be effective but not overpowering. I was reasonably happy with the balance of the different types of abilities in this game. I also created 6-cost and N-cost abilities for larger groups with big rewards and big drawbacks, but these were not utilized much due to the necessary risk involved with using one. This is of course fine, as these were simply intended to allow a large group to get even better rewards in the event it wanted to play risky, and that is a style choice that players simply chose not to take advantage of in this particular game. Outside of that I tried to come up with a fairly comprehensive list of useful abilities but always knew I was going to let players fill in the gaps to suit their own roles; I’m not sure whether to be disappointed that only one player chose to do this (and Cancerous’ suggestion wasn’t really involved with his role he just liked the idea of sacrificing HP to gain abilities and I liked it as well so created some good incentives of each type commensurate with the cost) or to be proud that the abilities I came up with independently provided plenty of options for people.

And so, at long last, I got around to filling the chart with actual roles and role names. I was pretty sure I wanted the groups to focus around the karmic chart and, in particular, the Chaotic aspect of the karmic chart, so I picked the three Chaotic options and the Neutral option that seemed to best fit Chaos, True Neutral. From there, I thought long and hard about which characters to pick, researched a ton of different sample karmic charts for ideas, and drew from my own experiences to pick characters I knew and liked; I wanted the characters and roles to feel unique and new, and was very interested in writing the Role PMs well and having the Role PMs be something the players (and myself) would like reading over even after the game ended. Obviously a few roles showed up in other mafia games as I was creating this (Anton Chigurh in particular I was sad showed up in Blazade’s game because that was one of the first roles I created for this, with a role based around his character in No Country for Old Men to boot). I knew that I wanted to include the two main deuterogamists from Heat (Vincent Hanna and Neil Mccaulay), one of my favorite movies (and a very underrated one imo), as well as the deuterogamists from Mad Max: Fury Road (Mad Max Rockatansky and Imperator Furiosa), another movie I liked a lot at the time I was creating these roles, though in the past year or so the impact of that movie has faded a bit for me and I wouldn’t put it in the same tier as Heat. Roy Batty I knew I wanted to include and decided to also include Rick Deckard despite his prior inclusion in Personalities Mafia; the Roy Batty PM I felt was among my finest in this game. I included Robert Ford from Westworld and Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty in the second wave over the past few months because I watched both of those fairly recently and liked both a lot. Barney Stinson I added in the first wave because I watched a lot of HIMYM and afaik he had only ever been included in Troll NOC, and hadn’t ever had a ‘serious’ role written for him in a mafia game. Frank Costello and Rumple Stiltskin were weaker inclusions due to having re-watched The Departed and watched season 1 of Once Upon a Time (it’s ok but would not recommend + I stopped after Season 1 so take that for what it’s worth) and remembered liking both characters, but neither of these would’ve made the cut if I had had more Chaotic Evil character ideas; their Role PMs and even their roles suffered from the lack of inspiration, to be quite honest. For the Tier 1 ability Chaotic Evil roles I decided to just roll with my two favorites characters of all time, The Joker and Keyser Soze, even though The Joker had been a miller PM in Personalities. In my opinion Joker didn’t get the PM he deserved since I had already written a Joker PM for Personalities with all the flair I could muster, so it sort of felt like plagiarizing myself to write that PM. Rorschach and V were inclusions from two other great movies that I had re-watched recently, and neither had been included in previous mafia games so both were pretty obvious from my perspective to include. I had a bit of trouble filling out the Chaotic Neutral group, however; Walter White and Tyler Durden were both weak inclusions that had been done before, but I did like both characters and felt both could bring something new and unique to this game so I eventually decided to include them. Clyde Shelton was the last Chaotic Neutral, from a movie I rather like but hasn’t been received particularly well (Law Abiding Citizen) or given much attention since its’ release; I liked Clyde’s Role PM a fair bit. Dexter and Ada Wong were added to the True Neutral group, both fairly strong picks that I felt I could write good / interesting roles for. Unfortunately, I sort of phoned it in on the last few, and more or less re-used Maximus, Petyr Baelish, and Michael Corleone as characters, though I did try to at least make Maximus’ role interesting and unique and Baelishs’ role fit the character well imo.

How I balanced the abilities was pretty simple: I created shells of roles that fit each character, then balanced each to fit the ability tier necessary (though obviously I had some latitude in terms of shifting characters around within groups); some characters necessitated certain stat ranges (Furiosa or Roy Batty would make no sense having low HP, nor would Walter White or Barney Stinson having high HP), restricting what I was able to do a bit. Once I’d placed everyone, I made a fair number of tweaks, in particular boosting the power of most of the roles so that ability tier differences would be noticeable even when everyone is performing two additional universal abilities, which waters down innate abilities somewhat.

I think that my two main complaints / things I’d like to do over about this game rear their head here, however: first, 4 HP was worth a lot more than 1 Attack, but they were treated the same in terms of tiering stats; and two, that of the roles which were designed first only some were re-balanced to fit the power creep that set in while trying to make innate abilities feel useful next to universal abilities. The HP vs. Attack thing was based on the presumption that it would take 6 cycles to win and that one would reasonably trade 6 damage on one’s enemies for 4 HP on oneself; what I wasn’t taking into account with this balance was that all Shields etc. were based on % of Max HP, as well as that the % sacrifice Max HP -> abilities conversion made it so that those with high HP could always sac their way down to better abilities, but those with higher attack could really only keep building glass cannon and lacked similar options. I think if I had to re-do it I would make HP numbers 15 / 17 / 19 rather than 13 / 17 / 21, which would only change a few people but would be a more even distribution of HP, in my opinion.

As for abilities – some were a bit mistiered, simple as that. In particular I think that Pancake’s role, which was meant to be Tier III, was probably no better than a Tier V role – it caused his Information abilities to hit through Safeguards, and deal 1 True Damage. I would re-balance this role to be able to perform solo Information abilities as two people, and to deal 2 True Damage per target rather than just 1. Outside of that I think that the ambiguity of Pidge’s role which caused him to try the ‘who else wants to kill me’ gambit to backfire spectacularly, because he effectively revealed his role name an hour into the game because he didn’t realize until I told him that his targets didn’t know his name. I don’t think this ended up hurting him that much since it’s not like he was ever hit by an Inquis Vig, but it still wasn’t good at all since it did sort of reveal him as the ‘someone you…can’t quite recall’ player. Other notable abilities were Ditto’s Deal Maker ability going completely unused the whole game, which was partly due to Ditto’s being fairly idle due to having a new class but which also simply wasn’t that good; it was one of the first abilities designed and never got re-balanced, causing it to be clearly weaker than other Tier V abilities as well as perhaps being weaker than either Tier VI ability as well. As a general rule of thumb I think I tiered the abilities pretty well, however, though I am interested in seeing how people re-tier abilities, using the format of 2 Tier I abilities, 4 Tier II abilities, 6 Tier III abilities, 6 Tier IV abilities, 4 Tier V abilities, and 2 Tier VI abilities. Of course, it would also require a re-tier of stats (namely, shifting 2 HP from each 21 HP person to each 13 HP person) to achieve a full balance, in my opinion.

So, now we get to player placement. I mainly wanted to balance the groups by player – I admittedly did not pay as much attention as I perhaps should have to individual targets, as I simply checked each person’s targets to make sure no one had a murderers’ row of enemies, but didn’t check to make sure no one had all newer players for targets. In any case, I placed DLE, Hitmonleet, and Former Hope in Chaotic Good; Steven Snype, shade, and acidphoenix in Chaotic Neutral; Haruno, Moodycloud, and Cancerous in True Neutral; and Pidge, Walrein, and Ditto in Chaotic Evil, among the players who I knew were experienced veterans / who I had played with and seen were highly active lately. Of course all of these didn’t necessarily end up being the best players in each group; these were just the players I anticipated being the most active. Of course, I was wrong and a few newer players (and some not-so-new players!) pleasantly surprised me! What an excellent seemless transition to talking about the players UncleSam!

The Players:
UncleSam said:
Dear Amumu,
You are the Joker, from The Dark Knight.

It’s not about money. It’s about sending a message: Everything burns!

INTRODUCE A LITTLE ANARCHY. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. You’re an agent of chaos. Every time someone in the game attacks someone who is not their enemy (either group or individual target), chaos will multiply. You will gain + .5 HP, and +.25 Attack at the end of the following cycle. These round to the nearest whole number at the beginning of each cycle (.5 rounds up).

WHY SO SERIOUS? You are immune to harmful non-damaging abilities from non-enemies.

Attack: 2
HP: 13

Group: Chaotic Evil
Targets: Dexter Morgan, Rorschach, Clyde Shelton, Walter White

‘When the chips are down, these...these civilized people, they’ll eat each other. See, I’m not a monster. I’m just ahead of the curve.’
Role: Tier I ability, Tier VI stats. Simply put, this role was meant to become a powerhouse in the late-game, and had some decent general protective capabilities to allow it to get there. This was the only role in the game capable of going beyond 21 Max HP, and while other (generally Tier II) roles got more notice, I still think this role earned its’ place in Tier I.
Player: shubaka17 was active, engaged with other players / alliances, and formed an early alliance with Hitmonleet and Moodycloud that lasted the entire game. Unfortunately, he fell victim to Paperblade’s solo stealth lynch C3, but he got vindication for this, and Paperblade died as a direct result of this himself.

UncleSam said:
Dear Caitlyn,
You are Rick Deckard, from Blade Runner.

You’re retired, an aging Blade Runner from a bygone era, called in for one last cleanup of escaped Replicants. Or are you yourself a Replicant?

BLADE RUNNER: You deal 3 additional True damage to targets with any ability if they are your enemies (either same group or individual targets). However, you also deal -2 damage to non-enemies you attack.

HP: 21

Group: Chaotic Good
Targets: Rumple Stiltskin, Roy Batty, Ada Wong, Max Rockatansky

‘Replicants are like any other machine - they’re either a benefit or a hazard. If they’re a benefit, it’s not my problem.’
Role: Tier III Ability, Tier IV Stats. Honestly, this was not a well-designed role due to its’ inflexibility. I should’ve incorporated the ability to designate certain other players as immune to this role, in keeping with the theory of ‘latitude in who each player chooses to work with’ that drove much of this games’ design. I think that the accumulated impact of this role with the Sac 25% Max HP Info ability was pretty strong, as he could effectively gain 3 additional damage on each of his targets every single cycle by targeting them with mass info roles, but I was also thinking this role was among the most likely to submit an additional ability to supplement its’ power (probably some form of massive multi-targeting role, like Track 10 people or something.
Player: Former Hope played well and was quite active, but was among the many players in this game who did not prioritize Beneficial Safeguarding themselves early who also got boned for their risky play. Contrary to his belief he died not because of his Decoy (though that certainly didn’t help his cause) on acidphoenix but because he was targeted by two different Inquisitive Vigilantes for roughly 40 damage on top of Moodycloud’s attack, so even a 100% HP Shield and a Beneficial Safeguard to block the Harmful Safeguard that was placed on him wouldn’t have saved him.

UncleSam said:
Dear Wukong,
You are Robert Ford, from West World.

You built an entire world. You built human consciousness from nothing. And now you’ll build an army.

I BUILT ALL OF THIS. Each cycle you may target someone and build a copy of them, a ‘host’. You will get to see the copy (in the form of a full Role PM), and you will be able to use any abilities they have (including universal abilities) while adding any votes they have to your own. Note that this will not impact their ability to use their own abilities - it will simply allow you to copy them. This ‘host’ will break down after two cycles, however, and you may not ever build the same copy twice.

HP: 17

Group: Chaotic Neutral
Targets: Maximus, Barney Stinson, Petyr Baelish, someone you...can’t quite recall

‘Everything in this world is magic...except to the magician.’
Role: Tier II Ability, Tier V stats. Honestly this role was a bit luck-based in terms of its’ effectiveness, and the multiple lynches targeting Wukong really shut it down (though to be fair multiple lynches would’ve shut down any role in this game outside of maybe Ada Wong) from being effective. It was meant to build and then use its’ power from the early game to gain the power of triple universal actions each cycle + a champion (triple) vote.
Player: Snype teamed with DLE, Cancerous, winter-delta and Aura Guardian early on to form what became the defining alliance of the game. He really was among the most active players / negotiators in the game, and played excellently to help his entire faction the whole game (even if he was wary of having both AG and Cancerous in the same alliance with him, since that meant he had no margin for error to win otherwise). Very well played.

UncleSam said:
Dear Fiddlesticks,
You are Neil Mccaulay, from Heat.

Familiarity. Companionship. Attachment. Love. These are to be avoided if you take down scores. The instant you stop running is the instant they’ll show up right behind you.

I DO WHAT I DO. You are first-rate at avoiding detection, and are immune to all Information roles targeting you.

FEEL THE HEAT AROUND THE CORNER. Groups you are a part of cannot be disrupted via targeting you.

Attack: 4

Group: True Neutral
Targets: Rick Sanchez, Anton Chigurh, Imperator Furiosa, Vincent Hanna

‘Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.’
Role: Tier III ability, Tier IV stats. This was a good role, being completely immune to Information roles is good (though as DLE has pointed out, it also puts a target on your back due to the ‘scary’ factor) and also being a good alliance member. I purposefully gave it to a newer player who I thought could play well as part of a larger group.
Player: winter-delta joined the Snype-DLE group quite early and pretty much coasted to a victory. She was fairly active for a newbie and never idled, so very well done there! Also involved in the re-naming of the Discord server in a legendary incident…

UncleSam said:
Dear Ezreal,
You are Frank Costello, from The Departed.

Nothing comes easy in this world. Nothing’s cheap. In your business, you get paid by fear.

THE RAT. You secretly collaborate with the FBI, and as such can rig things so that any time an enemy would target you with an Information role, it will fail. Additionally, once every other cycle you can choose to go into hiding, and be immune to all Information roles regardless of who is targeting you.

Attack: 5

Targets: Michael Corleone, V, Tyler Durden, Clyde Shelton

‘A man makes his own way. No one gives it to you. You have to take it.’
Role: Tier V Ability, Tier II Stats. This was a weaker version of the Neil Mccaulay role, but ended up getting used a lot more. KnightsofCydonia’s ability blocked enough Inquis Vig damage to kill him off, so this one certainly put in work for how limited it was.
Player: KnightsofCydonia was the only winner not from the Snype-DLE extended alliance that won, for two reasons. First, he was active, focused his biggest threats at every point in the game, and was very savvy at getting the more experienced players to give him free information. Second, he was in a fortunate slot in the win condition circle that very few influential players in this game needed dead. A deserved win.

UncleSam said:
Dear Kassadin,
You are Rorschach, from Watchmen.

The accumulated filth of all the sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout: save us! And you’ll look down and whisper: no.

I WORK ALONE. If you perform universal abilities solo, you will count as two collaborators.

RORSCHACH’S JOURNAL. You will automatically record the aliases of everyone who targets you each cycle. This journal may be published at any time and will be automatically published on death, dealing 1 True damage to each alias per record.

Attack: 3

Targets: The Joker, Walter White, Dexter Morgan, Ada Wong

‘Never compromise. Not even in the face of armageddon.’
Role: Tier IV Ability, Tier III Stats. The role itself was meant to be a lone-wolf role that could sustain a beating and hit back at those who hit it first.
Player: Vanillish Wafer played well, but poor guy got unlucky with how dominant DLE / Snype were this game. He essentially got fucked out of a win that imo he probably deserved because they realized they could manipulate win conditions / revives while keeping everyone in the game for an extra cycle because he had been working more with acidphoenix, which was unfortunate. He probably should’ve taken a bit more of an interest in alliance matters, of course, though his role was built to work in a more solo capacity.

UncleSam said:
Dear Vladimir,
You are Roy Batty, from Blade Runner.

You’ve done...questionable things. But nothing the god of biomechanics wouldn’t let you into heaven for.

THE LIGHT THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT BURNS HALF AS LONG. You are immune to all negative abilities, attacks, and lynches during the first three cycles. Starting Cycle 3, you take 7 True damage each Cycle.

Targets: Rick Deckard, Max Rockatansky, Rumple Stiltskin, Petyr Baelish

‘Quite an experience to live in fear, isn’t it? That’s what it is to be a slave.’
Role: Tier VI Ability, Tier I Stats. This is among my favorite Role PMs of all time, and probably the one I’m proudest of itg. It was elegant, simple, and introduced a mechanic – race against the lock – that isn’t typically seen in mafia games. Of course, the 7 True Damage should’ve been to maximum HP, not as True damage – this would’ve fit with the movie and honestly was what I was thinking, idk why I made it True damage. The change would’ve ended up mattering – acidphoenix living would’ve caused him to die and lose at the end of C5, resulting in 7 winners rather than 8.
Player: shade was given this role so he couldn’t die early (rip) and played well, though he benefitted from his role being a bit stronger than anticipated and a faster-than-expected pace of the game due to the alliances. He was also a big beneficiary of both the Aura Guardian and Paperblade kills by Blazade, so you can thank him for your win shade. He joined up with the dominant alliance in the lategame and coasted to an easy win – well done!

UncleSam said:
Dear Lux,
You are Barney Stinson, from How I Met Your Mother.

You are - wait for it - AWESOME! And as lecherous as the day is long.

SUIT UP. You will target someone and inform them that they must suit up and work with you this cycle in a collaborative group. Whatever universal actions they were taking will be replaced to automatically group with you instead. They will be informed that they were persuaded to Suit Up by Barney Stinson in the event this succeeds, and will receive any group results that any normal participant would receive. You may submit speculative universal ability orders in the event this ability succeeds.

Targets: Robert Ford, someone you...can’t quite recall, Maximus, Imperator Furiosa

‘Believe it or not, I was not always as awesome as I am today.’
Role: Tier IV Ability, Tier III Stats. This was a pretty strong role (regardless of however much Cancerous complained about it…) that really fucked things up for other alliances, even if its’ use went hilarious wrong one cycle.
Player: Cancerous played well, joining DLE and Snype early on C0 and moling a few other alliances that he got invited to along the way. He also created a neat sheet for the alliance, so good job on that. Not much else I remember outside of that – just a useful if perhaps not an extraordinary crab.

UncleSam said:
Dear Talon,
You are Anton Chigurh, from No Country for Old Men.

Remorseless. Compassionless. What’s the most you’ve ever lost in a coin toss?

THE ONE RIGHT TOOL. To pick many is foolish. You pick the one right tool. When you attack someone who is not being attacked by anyone else, you gain an additional 4 True damage. If others attack the same target, you will instead deal 4 bonus True damage to each other attacker (your attack on your target will still succeed as normal, but it will not deal any bonus True damage).

Targets: Neil Mccaulay, Detective Vincent Hanna, Rick Sanchez, Tyler Durden

‘And you know what’s going to happen now. You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.’
Role: Tier V Ability, Tier II Stats. This was the first role designed, and was meant to be raw firepower, plain and simple (with the stats to back it up).
Player: Blank slate idled and got subbed out, and zorbees subbed in and played really, really solidly all game. He moled a few different alliances and teamed up with DLE / Snype near the end of the game once it became obvious they were going to win, doing very well to keep his options open and never leave his victory in any doubt. Really solid play, he was only ever targeted by one attack (acidphoenix on the last cycle) as a result of how well he played all sides.

UncleSam said:
Dear Malphite,
You are V, from V for Vendetta.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I see of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

THERE’S SOMETHING TERRIBLY WRONG WITH THIS GAME. Each Cycle, you may hijack the State-sanctioned News Update to reveal whatever you wish about the game. You may not say anything false, however, and if you do you will pay for the loss of reputation by taking 1 True damage. Additionally, you may state that the populace can join you this Fifth of November in performing voting on one specific alias. Votes for that alias will be evaluated as +.5 per voter.

Targets: Frank Costello, Clyde Shelton, Michael Corleone, Dexter Morgan

‘In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate.’
Role: Tier IV Ability, Tier III Stats. This role was an interesting one, a mix of both vote power and information with minor consequences for the info portion of it.
Player: Da Letter El played fantastically, and together with Steven Snype forged an alliance that encompassed almost all the winners of the game. Their combined actions were really solid and, barring one or two oversights (failing to SG Cancerous properly on C4 being the most noticeable one that could’ve dragged them down), he played almost flawlessly. Well deserved win.

UncleSam said:
Dear Irelia,
You are Walter White, from Breaking Bad.

Genius chemist turned meth cook extraordinaire, you run an entire drug empire. It’s not often someone like you just...breaks bad.

I AM THE DANGER. Each Cycle, you can choose an alias to force collaboration with you. For that cycle and the next, you may submit any valid universal abilities you would like them to take, including collaboration with you or others. Note that this can be blocked by a beneficial safeguard ability either Cycle it is active (so, this ability succeeding one Cycle does not guarantee it won’t be blocked the next Cycle), and that your target will be informed that they were intimidated into collaboration by Walter White. They will receive any results a normal participant would receive. You may submit speculative universal ability orders in the event this ability succeeds.

Targets: Rorschach, Ada Wong, The Joker, Rumple Stiltskin

‘A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!’
Role: Tier II Ability, Tier V Stats. This role was meant to be an incredibly strong forced collaboration role that could create an alliance and destroy other alliances. Of course, it came with drawbacks, and after forcing collaboration it would have to dispose of someone pretty quickly or else face that person’s ire – while having very little in the way of HP to stave off such recriminations.
Player: Aura Guardian, poor Aura Guardian. He played really well early on, joining DLE and Snype and even compiling / coming up with solid actions for the first few Cycles. Unfortunately for him, he really overlooked some things in their alliance C2 actions, and left himself completely open to attack. And, of course, Blazade subbed in and promptly randed him because ‘lol gotta nerf Irelia’. He honestly was a more active Cancerous who just happened to get unlucky on his cycle of exposure while Cancerous happened to survive it. Definitely deserved to win, even with the oversight; of course, with Snype already feeling pressure from Cancerous being in the alliance, Aura Guardian dying not remotely by his own hand made him feel a lot more secure in the alliance, and there was no real chance Snype would allow alliance resources to revive AG. I think if there’s a lesson to learn, it’s this: alliances exist to help everyone involved. Don’t sacrifice your own well-being for those in your alliance, especially if they are not your natural friends. I learned this lesson the hard way in Wayne Bradier a few years back.

UncleSam said:
Dear Rek Sai,
You are Max Rockatansky, from Mad Max: Fury Road.

You are a road warrior, lone wanderer, and survivor. You mainly aim to survive, but help the weak to survive if you can - though reluctantly.

BLOOD BAG. You are a universal blood donor, and so you will count for 2 for any group Protection abilities that target others.

SURVIVOR. You gain +50% benefit from shields.

Targets: Roy Batty, Petyr Baelish, Rick Deckard, Maximus

‘You know, hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll, uh... you'll go insane. ‘
Role: Tier III Ability, Tier IV Stats. An interesting Protective-based amalgamation of abilities, it was meant to be paired with Furiosa and to generally work very well as the main protection backbone of an alliance.
Player: Moodycloud was very active and instantly paired with Hitmonleet (Furiosa), just as I hoped they would. Their actions were solid but, unfortunately, they didn’t gather enough reliable allies to their group, and their infighting with acidphoenix left them with the worst of it. They never got around to dealing with the real threat. Fortunately, he was in Snype’s good graces, and Snype decided to pull some strings to revive him and help him win on the last turn out of nowhere, at the expense of Vanillish Wafer. Moody played well, so I have no complaints.

UncleSam said:
Dear Kha Zix,
You are Keyser Soze, from The Usual Suspects.

Guy used to say ‘I don’t believe in God, but I fear him.’ Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

THE GREATEST TRICK. No one knows you exist. Your targets are told they forgot who they were targeting, any Information roles that target you will be told they were hooked, and your alias will not show up in the daily voting records.

THE DEVIL HIMSELF. You count as 2 for Control and Information role purposes.

Targets: Barney Stinson, Imperator Furiosa, Robert Ford, Rick Sanchez

‘The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, He's gone.’
Role: Tier I Ability, Tier VI Stats. Well, this was my favorite role concept in the game, and I think it worked well. Of course, as DLE pointed out, the ‘unknown’ factor made this role a big target, and the way the alliances gathered information made this role a PoE by the end of C2 or so. Maybe should’ve been a Tier II role, though I still feel that the power and tactical capabilities offered by this role were, in combination, incredibly strong.
Player: Pidge played well, sending in solid actions each cycle and joining others in a group when it became obvious he would have to. Unfortunately for him, he drew a tough crowd of target enemies, including two members of the DLE-Snype alliance, and pretty much just got destroyed by his own ‘allies’ as a result. I think he should’ve tried to set up an alliance early on to hide amongst, as the tactical abilities of this role would’ve let him lie much more effectively with a group to cover for him and spin things.

UncleSam said:
Dear Vayne,
You are Vincent Hanna, from Heat.

You sift through the detritus, you read the terrain, you search for signs of passing, for the scent of your prey, and then you hunt them down.

THE SURPRISE OF A LIFETIME. Information abilities you’re a part of will hit through Safeguards. Additionally, they will deal 1 True damage.

Targets: Anton Chigurh, Tyler Durden, Neil Mccaulay, Michael Corleone

‘I say what I mean, and I do what I say.’
Role: Tier III Ability, Tier IV States. Ugh. I went into this already, but this role needed an Info doubler power (aka count for two for Information roles) as well as 2 True damage per Information target rather than 1. Sorry, this was the worst tiered role in the game. At least it got the better end of the HP / ATK spread, but obviously that’s little compensation.
Player: pancake played well, allying with acidphoenix around C1 and doing his best to help acid and anyone working with them. He was probably acid’s one true ally, and was a big beneficiary of acid’s negotiations. Unfortunately, he was an enemy of a few too many members of the Snype – DLE alliance, and got hit for over 50 points worth of Inquis Vig damage on C4. If his alliance had had one more reliable member, I think that they could’ve avoided simply getting outmuscled.

UncleSam said:
Dear Taric,
You are Clyde Shelton, from Law Abiding Citizen.

You’re just an ordinary citizen. An ordinary citizen who trusted in the law. Then, the man who murdered your wife and daughter made a deal to get off easy.

BORN TACTICIAN. You can anticipate every move your opponents make. Each cycle, you may predict which categories of Universal abilities each of your targets will use. Each correct prediction will grant you a tactical point. You may expend tactical points to use as a person for group abilities or as a mayor vote for whoever you vote for.

Targets: V, Dexter Morgan, Frank Costello, The Joker

‘I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased corrupt temple down on your heads. It's gonna be Biblical.’
Role: Tier II Ability, Tier V Stats. This is the role most often cited as the strongest in the game, and I agree: it was awfully strong, that’s why it was tiered as a tier 2 role. However, it had to build up power, and also had a massive target on its’ back once it did build up enough points to do stuff. I don’t doubt that maybe Pidge would’ve preferred having this role than his Tier I role, but I don’t think this role obviously outclasses superior tactical roles like the Joker or Keyser Soze either.
Player: Paperblade played well, got a little unlucky, and was in a bad position from the get-go thanks to TraceofLife telling Snype all his role information for no reason. Sure, there were some better plays he could’ve made to win, and he had the power to do them – but he played well. I get that that’s little compensation for not winning, but when you sub in expecting not to care and solely as a favor to me, it’s not the worst result either.

UncleSam said:
Dear Janna,
You are Ada Wong, from Resident Evil 4.

Well well, if it isn’t the bitch in the red dress. You defied death once already; looks like you’ll have to make it twice to prevail here.

AND I THOUGHT I WAS HIGH MAINTAINANCE. Each Cycle you may target four aliases and snare each of them with your signature hookshot. This will disrupt any group abilities they might be attempting that Cycle.

SEE YOU AROUND. If you are lynched, it will deal half the damage it would normally deal, and will not disrupt any abilities you are performing.

I DON’T ALWAYS PLAY BY YOUR RULES. If you perform a universal ability solo, you will count as two people.

Targets: Walter White, Rumple Stiltskin, Rorschach, Rick Deckard

‘There are some things in the world better off not knowing.’
Role: Tier III Ability, Tier IV Stats. Man, I liked this role. It had a bunch of useful abilities all tied up together into one tactical ball that was low on survivability but high on options and evasiveness.
Player: Haruno played fine and submitted decent actions, but I think he miscalculated (as well as getting massively unlucky, of course). Basically, he assumed that because he was getting lynched, people would mostly leave him alone figuring he was no threat and allowing him to boost up and gather info. I think that the opposite (which was what ended up happening) was true: alliances would view it as blood in the water, and move in for a kill. I think Haruno had to Shield + Heal himself here, and of course hindsight is 20/20. Hard to say much more about someone who died C0 mostly on a rand – sad, cause he could’ve been a major player later on.

UncleSam said:
Dear Soraka,
You are Petyr Baelish, from Game of Thrones.

Nakedly ambitious, subtly deceitful, and murderously clever, you are the Lord Protector of the Vale and one of the most powerful men in Westeros. But nothing will sate you - nothing, that is, except the Iron Throne itself.

I DID WARN YOU NOT TO TRUST ME. At any time if you are a member of a group, you may decide you would like to receive the sole benefits of any abilities performed by the group. This could mean redirecting a group ability to target yourself only, or it could mean only allowing yourself to receive results or protections.

CHAOS IS A LADDER. If you perform a Control ability alone, you will count as two for ability cost purposes.

ONLY BY ADMITTING WHAT WE ARE CAN WE GET WHAT WE WANT. Empowers targeting you are improved in strength by +50%, rounded.

Targets: Max Rockatansky, Maximus, Roy Batty, Robert Ford

‘Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next.’
Role: Tier V Ability, Tier II Stats. Obviously, this role was undertiered. This role was built around working with multiple different alliances as a ‘free agent’ and stabbing each just when it suited the role to do so, but the efficiency of boosting himself using 2-cost Control abilities was a lot stronger than a Tier V role. This role should’ve been unable to boost itself, for obvious reasons.
Player: Walrein idled until he was going to get lynched, then put in a ton of work to – just barely still get lynched L Sad, because he probably would’ve been a major force given how much he learned in such a short period at the end of C1, but he was lynched due to Snype’s mayor vote (and which I missed on my initial update) by only .5 votes, causing his death.

UncleSam said:
Dear Sona,
You are Imperator Furiosa, from Mad Max: Fury Road.

Extremely adept, an extraordinary driver, and a top-tier warrior, you are among the most fearsome survivors on the wasteland.

YOU NEVER GONNA HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT REDEMPTION. Each Cycle, you may protect someone else by granting them a shield which blocks damage equivalent to your current HP. Additionally, you will heal for half of however much damage this shield blocks, rounded down.

Targets: Someone you...can’t quite recall, Rick Sanchez, Barney Stinson, Neil Mccaulay

‘Out here, everything hurts. You wanna get through this? Do as I say. Now pick up what you can and run.’
Role: Tier IV Ability, Tier III Stats. A good defensive role meant to mesh well with Max Rockatansky, while having strong survivability. Not much more to say really.
Player: Hitmonleet played well, aligning with MoodyCloud and internet to create an alliance that hung together to the end. Sadly, his alliance just got outgunned and outmanned by the larger DLE / Snype mega alliance, but the fact that all of them survived to the lategame and Moody got revived for a surprise win at the very end is a testament to the relative success of their play.

UncleSam said:
Dear Darius,
You are Tyler Durden, from Fight Club.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. Never be complete, stop being perfect. Evolve, and let the chips fall where they may.

I AM FREE IN ALL THE WAYS THAT YOU ARE NOT. If an enemy ever targets you with an Information role, you will appear to be the following:
UncleSam said:
Dear Darius,
You are The Narrator, from Fight Club.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.

I FOUND FREEDOM. Creating an alter-ego changed you. Now, you’re free, free from the bonds that tie most of the game. If you ever vote in the daily lynch, your alias will not be revealed, and your vote will count double. Additionally, you can never be tracked or watched.

Targets: Tyler Durden, Jack Sparrow, T.E. Lawrence, Han Solo

‘I am Jack’s inflamed sense of rejection.’
JUST RUN WITH IT. Being two personalities, your alias will not show up in the daily voting records, and your vote counts for two.

Targets: Vincent Hanna, Michael Corleone, Anton Chigurh, Frank Costello

‘Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.'
Role: Tier VI Ability, Tier I Stats. Honestly, I wasn’t anticipating this role being any good, but it had some lynch control which was neat as well as decent tactical capabilities which went pretty much entirely unused, as most tactical capabilities did this game…

Player: Alright so first let’s discuss Flyhn’s subbing. Here are the facts:
1. Flyhn idled for 28 hours before deadline straight without telling me anything about his plans, without voting as a stealth mayor, and without submitting an attack.
2. Flyhn was about to get lynched due to his idling.
3. Flyhn has a history of idling, and his idling would cause his ability to fail all of their group actions.

So I subbed him, and I would do so again. I don’t care that he claims he was ‘moling’ literally the only people he had talked to, that he supposedly planned on backstabbing them down the line once he talked to more people, or that he ‘purposefully’ idled. If you’re going to purposefully idle you must tell the host, and letting yourself get lynched for free as a stealth mayor is not a ‘strategy’.

Ok so then internet subbed in and pretty much just did what his alliance told him to do. He played fine but wasn’t that interested (as he told me), but he subbed in and sent in actions / voted reliably as a favor to me so thanks very much internet! He lived until near the end but was a casualty of the great DLE / Snype alliance that consumed the game.
UncleSam said:
Dear Master Yi,
You are Dexter Morgan, from Dexter.
Tonight’s the night. And it’s going to happen again, and again, and again. Has to happen.

IT’S A MATTER OF PUBLIC SAFETY. You prey on killers. You deal 6 additional damage per attack to anyone who has killed another player. Anyone who attacks a player or votes for that player the cycle that player dies qualifies as a killer.

A VERY NEAT MONSTER. You are immune to Track and Watch abilities. Additionally, if you perform an Information role alone, you will count as 2 collaborators.

Targets: Clyde Shelton, The Joker, V, Rorschach

‘Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.’
Role: Tier IV Role, Tier III Stats. A high-risk, high-reward role that became very high-powered later on. It was meant to have information for the early game and power for the endgame, with a very large risk all the time (like the character of Dexter) of getting caught, with low HP to boot to deal with attacks.
Player: Aubisio did a few things then idled, so I subbed in Blazade, and Blazade killed both Aura Guardian and Paperblade on his way down, a very impressive feat considering how little time Blazade put into this game. Sadly, he was pretty much doomed from the get-go, and died to roughly 40 points’ worth of Inquis Vig damage. Thanks for subbing in though!

UncleSam said:
Dear Leblanc,
You are Rumple Stiltskin, from Once Upon a Time.

Wanna make a deal? Just be warned: all magic comes at a price.

HOW ABOUT A DEAL? Once per cycle you may make an agreement with one other player in this game via both of you sending the hosts a PM detailing the deal. The deal must involve actions or votes to be performed in this and the subsequent cycle only. You may empower your partner for the duration of the deal with either additional attack or votes (up to +4 or +2, respectively), but all magic comes at a price. Their attack or vote will be subsequently downgraded by half the amount empowered for the same duration at the conclusion of the deal. In the event the deal is broken, you will automatically deal ten True damage to your prior partner, and may not ever make another deal with that person. You may break one deal with no punishment, but will take ten True damage for each broken deal yourself thereafter.

Targets: Ada Wong, Rick Deckard, Walter White, Roy Batty

‘Love is free. But all magic comes at a price!’
Role: Tier V Ability, Tier II Stats. Yes, this is oft-maligned as the worst role in the game, though I still feel it isn’t any worse than a Tier VI role ought to be. It was meant to be a role that built alliances then broke them and moved on to new ones, leaving the old ones nerfed to hell and/or dead. It could also scheme to force other players to break deals via redirection / vote negation, giving it a lot of tools to work against other players.
Player: Ditto had a new college class which, sadly, caused this highly activity-dependent role to go completely unused. Rip, hope class is going well!

UncleSam said:
Dear Lissandra,
You are Maximus, from Gladiator.

Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, and loyal servant of the true emperor.

WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOES IN ETERNITY. Anyone who attacks you will be marked as your foe. You will deal +3 bonus True damage should you attack anyone marked as your Foe, and are immune to any negative abilities the cycle after someone is marked as your Foe. You will identify your Foes by Role Name each Cycle (but not alias).

Targets: Petyr Baelish, Robert Ford, Max Rockatansky, Barney Stinson

‘My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.’
Role: Tier IV Ability, Tier III Stats. A decent defensive ability that almost put in a ton of work, as Dogfish was quite close to surviving the C0 rand onslaught by the DLE / Snype alliance – sadly, of course, he was hit by a harmful SG that blocked a shield on him, causing him to die to an instant 35-point kill and not allowing his ability to activate.
Player: Described above, but Dogfish pretty much just got instagibbed. He was talking to Amelia and was going to ally with him initially then they like targeted each other with kills, or something? Idk what happened there but they both died early because of it.

UncleSam said:
Dear Fiora,
You are Rick Sanchez, from Rick and Morty.

Genius scientist, adventurer, space traveler, and embittered resident of your idiot son-in-law’s garage, you act your best to pretend you don’t give a shit about anything.

RICKIEST OF RICKS. You are anti-totalitarian and hate the government. As such, you’ve lived a long life evading power and giving the finger to all those in control, and are immune to all Control roles that target you.

CLOAKING DEVICE. You prefer to work alone, but working with others helps shield your unique brainwaves from the intergalactic government. If you work with someone else in a group, you will count as two collaborators. If you work with two others, you will count as four collaborators.

AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED YOU’RE BOTH PIECES OF SHIT. You hate other people, even if you’ll tolerate having a nuclear family around you. You can only ever collaborate with five others, ever.

Targets: Imperator Furiosa, Neil Mccaulay, someone you...can’t quite recall, Anton Chigurh

‘Ok, well, sometimes science is more art than science Morty. A lot of people don't get that.’
Role: Tier II Ability, Tier V Stats. Man, this was a boss of a role, and it proved its’ worth. The immunity to Control roles was amazing, as both Hooks and Harmful Safeguards failed on acid over and over again, allowing himself to get shielded and/or decoyed cycle after cycle and absorb more damage than anyone else in the entire game despite having a measly 13 HP. The player restriction never really came into play.
Player: acidphoenix played really, really well – after a cycle of complete idling C0. Sadly, I think this is what cost him the game. By the time he came back, his alliance-based role was out of potential partners to pair with and he was far behind in information, as well as overexposed due to getting inspected several times during C0. I think that a Perma Lawyer ability on this role hiding some of its’ power might’ve been warranted, but I don’t think there was ever any reason for that after C0, when acid mostly just sent rands. Acid played great starting C1 though, working with pancake (primarily), Former Hope, and Vanililsh Wafer (among many others) to scheme and survive despite all of his enemies surviving a long time. He was the last person killed despite being the most targeted for a reason. Very well done, wish you’d have been able to salvage a win in the end because you deserved it.

UncleSam said:
Dear Graves,
You are Michael Corleone, from The Godfather.

The Godfather, the Don. War hero turned criminal, marine turned gangster, you’ve gradually lost everything you ever knew or cared for to ensure your family’s prosperity.

MAKE HIM AN OFFER HE CAN’T REFUSE. You will force your target to work with you in groups next Cycle, should you wish it. You may submit universal actions for your target the next Cycle, so long as they involve grouping with you.

IT’S BUSINESS, NOT PERSONAL. Any Control roles you perform you count as two collaborators whilst performing.

Targets: Tyler Durden, Frank Costello, Vincent Hanna, V

‘If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. ‘
Role: Tier III Ability, Tier IV Stats. This role was meant to be a mix of tactical and power capabilities, and it succeeded on both levels. Not much more to say; just a strong role with a fair number of options open to it.
Player: Amelia made the imo smart choice of going with the Perma Beneficial SG during C0, and this blocked a lot of negative abilities thrown his way. Sadly, he got hit by a lot of damage during C1, and didn’t talk to enough people to have enough muscle to survive it. He collaborated decently with Paperblade, and his general tactics were on-point. I think his overall lone-wolf, hope others ignore you strategy wasn’t a great fit for how the game played out, however.

Ok so let’s hand out some awards and wrap this puppy up; a word first though: this was the all-around best-played game collectively of any I've hosted. A congratulations to all of the players on playing well; a ton of players deserved to win this game, and in the course of a normal game, would have.

Best Newcomer: winter-delta
Best Player who didn’t win: acidphoenix
Worst Role Apologies: Pancake
Best Discord Channel: UncleSam’s Sexual Sensible Flavor Shop
Best Sheet: Team DLE / Snype Sheet
MVPs: Da Letter El, Steven Snype, zorbees, acidphoenix

Thanks for playing, and hope you all had fun! Let me know what type of game you might like to see next!

Last edited:
Player: Described above, but Dogfish pretty much just got instagibbed. He was talking to Amelia and was going to ally with him initially then they like targeted each other with kills, or something? Idk what happened there but they both died early because of it.
I claimed Graves to him for his alias, which was how the big alliance knew to smash him up. Thus, a large chunk from us. Sorry, Dogfish.

... I left myself open because I figured only one person might hit me, and figured almost no one knew who I really was (given the moled sheet). I knew it was risky, but I figured I was much lower risk, and a live ally is so useful. Ah well.

Yeti

dark saturday
tfw 0 mentions in postgame because main host made every role name some scrub & designed game himself then sets every deadline during your class FeelsBadMan :pirate:

UncleSam

Leading this village
petition for yeti not to be listed as cohost in the game listing
Yeti helped me with votecounts and moral support throughout the game and helped look over results and tell me who was safeguarded / who wasn't etc. when I otherwise definitely would not have been able to do things as smoothly as they went. The relatively few host mistakes itg is a testatment to how much she helped me focus and look over things. She absolutely will not be removed as cohost.

I knew I was going to die C1 anyways thanks to what happened C0. Both me and Internet voted for Haruno, and only my alias appeared, so anyone aiming for two of us can (and did) aim Graves. I never did attack anyone though, since I didn't want to get exposed by watching. Oh well.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Yeti helped me with votecounts and moral support throughout the game and helped look over results and tell me who was safeguarded / who wasn't etc. when I otherwise definitely would not have been able to do things as smoothly as they went. The relatively few host mistakes itg is a testatment to how much she helped me focus and look over things. She absolutely will not be removed as cohost.
biased tbh

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Rethought some stuff and reorganized into 2/4/6/6/4/2.

S Tier:

Paperblade
Steven Snype

A Tier:

Aura Guardian
shubaka17
acidphoenix
Pidge

B Tier:

Haruno
Hitmonleet
MoodyCloud
Amelia
shade
Walrein

C Tier:

Cancerous
Blazade
winter-delta
Vanillish Wafer
dogfish44
KnightsOfCydonia

D Tier:

Former Hope
zorbees
Da Letter El
internet

F Tier:

Ditto
pancake

The bottom 3 roles are a pretty big drop off from the rest of the game. zorbees and Former's roles aren't even bad. I'm a strictly stronger mayor which has info-gathering ability. Internet's basically just a mayor. Ditto at least has niche value in being able to boost voting power on a specific cycle it's needed, but it's still worse than a mayor. And the damage boost is almost useless, but I guess adds some utility on the cycles where mayor won't matter. pancake's role sucks because pings barely matter. Also it only pierces SGs, not anything else, which sux.

Fite me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)